Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

5 star rating system for your tracks

Henry GQ 7:05 AM - 17 December, 2010
i seen a pic of traktor. and they had some kind of 5 star rating system in their crates for each song...

it would be nice to have this in our library as well. or some kind of color system. or better yet a 5 star color combo

i add 40-100 mp4s into my library a week. it would be nice to have some kind of system like bigger colors like Konix talked ab in his videos or a color 5 star system

im more a freestyle dj. i dont have hand picked sets to play at every city i go to. i play in one town every week. i like to sound different every night i play.. and sometimes its just to hard to stay on top of remixes.. i typically have 6 remixes of one song..

or sometimes it wold be nice to know if a song is the dirty version or clean other than in the tag.

just alot of advantages to soemthing liek this.

i wanna say its easy?.. so cmon serato!
Henry GQ 7:06 AM - 17 December, 2010
another thing i do is.. i have certain house tracks that i would play at 10pm 11pm 12pm and so forth...

but sometime si just throw a bunch of tracks into the 11pm crate.. and need a better way to sort those as well. so i think a system liek this is in need
djchrischip 3:04 AM - 18 December, 2010
+1 on this suggestion
Henry GQ 8:25 AM - 18 December, 2010
thnx chris!
i would just like to see serato devote some time into the library section a little. its cool to hav effects n what not.. but library is very important! :)
djchrischip 6:48 PM - 18 December, 2010
yes tht is wat i am saying... did u see my feature suggestion, i'd really like some forum support on it

serato.com
Henry GQ 6:55 PM - 18 December, 2010
2. DUPLICATE DETECTION
A Tool in which by percentage of like words in the entire tag will group tracks together... then also incorporate a way to get rid of unwanted tracks...

thats a super dope idea right there. i like the "like words" perfect!
djchrischip 11:55 PM - 18 December, 2010
thanks let people on here know wats good with the suggestion, and lets get some steam behind these ideas
pueblofunky 7:48 AM - 27 December, 2010
Quote:
another thing i do is.. i have certain house tracks that i would play at 10pm 11pm 12pm and so forth...

but sometime si just throw a bunch of tracks into the 11pm crate.. and need a better way to sort those as well. so i think a system liek this is in need

You can use the GROUPING field for this - like a KEYWORD field. Create unique tags like "HOUSE10", "HOUSE11", etc.

If you have a track which could be played at 10 and 11 add "HOUSE10, HOUSE11".

Then you create a smart crate with GROUPING CONTAINS HOUSE10 and another smart crate with GROUPING CONTAINS HOUSE11.

I hope this helps.
pueblofunky 10:05 AM - 27 December, 2010
But of course the 5 star rating should be implemented.

Due possible multiple ratings in ID3 (one per e-mail-address) - take the one with NO email address - and if not there - take the first.

Savings could be a problem - depends on the internal programming of SSL - because all other values need to be stored for that.

But it's also possible that SSL makes its own GEOB tag - as for BPM.

If the yellow stars are visible on the screen is also a beautiful "eye-catcher". :-)
Hey-B 12:02 PM - 28 December, 2010
I like the idea of a rating system, I think if its combined and shared information with iTunes it'd make my life a whole lot easier if I decide to start sorting through songs.
pueblofunky 5:21 PM - 29 December, 2010
I think the EYE CATCHING rating system should be expanded in 2 rating columns.

- A personal rating
- A rating for the masses
(different colors)

I have a lot of 70' & 80's and I have to make a difference between what I personally prefer and which are the "BIG" hits for the masses in the club.
Henry GQ 6:19 PM - 29 December, 2010
yeah thats the interesting stuff about it.

u can seperate 80s into 1 crate if u will.. but theres 80s songs that iu will play at the begining of the night and then theres songs that u will play right before everyone starts dancing and then when everyones dancing.. how many crates can u have for one genre?

thats why i like colors and and a rating system..