Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Serato and CDJ100S: Only timecode sound when trying to play music

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL3
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
fggs 5:43 AM - 16 December, 2010
Product: scratchlive
Version: 2.1.1
Hardware: scratchlive-sl3
Computer: pc
OS Version: vista64
---

Hello guys,

I just bought Serato SL3 and trying to use it with CDJ100S. I've followed the instructions to calibrate and use but it keeps just playing timecode cd noise. If I understood calibration instructions correctly, I should put timecode cds into the players, load a music, play and pause the music, then click Estimate.
Also I'm seeing some fuzzy lines when playing, also "100%" oscilates.
Rane, Support
Chad S. 5:27 PM - 16 December, 2010
Next to the virtual decks there are the 3 playback modes ABS / REL / INT. You will also see a "THRU" button. When it is highlighted, you will hear the regular cd. In this case you are hearing the control tone. Click "THRU" to unhighlight it and you should start to hear music.
fggs 5:44 PM - 16 December, 2010
Ok, that worked, so part of the problem is solved. Now why my signal is oscillating when in pause? Bad CDJ?
Rane, Support
Chad S. 5:55 PM - 16 December, 2010
it sounds wavvy?

Do you have the dip switch on the SL-3 set to the LINE position?
fggs 5:59 PM - 16 December, 2010
It's 100% when playing but it oscillates between 60% ~ 75% when paused..
Rane, Support
Chad S. 6:11 PM - 16 December, 2010
Thats fine, you aren't trying to control the waveform whenit is paused. Do check the position of your dipswitches though.
zackhill 6:50 PM - 16 December, 2010
I was never able to get my cdj100's to work with serato.. i thought it required a cdj that had the vinyl mode to work properly (even just using cue and play, and the pitch)??
fggs 6:52 PM - 16 December, 2010
The position of my dipswitches are correct, thanks for remind me :) Status shows all 3 outputs as LINE. I'll put as fixed as it seems to be working, thanks for the great support!