DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

If DJ KAGEN wasn't Nicole Richies ex would he be as big as he is now?

DJ Michael Basic 5:19 AM - 29 April, 2007
Discuss.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 5:22 AM - 29 April, 2007
i want my sexy back
rabblerouser 5:38 AM - 29 April, 2007
He'd be huger. Nicole's a liability. Just ask Paris.
Julls 3:19 PM - 29 April, 2007
LOL!!!
Dj KaGeN 3:55 PM - 29 April, 2007
oh no, what's going on here.
djtekno 3:56 PM - 29 April, 2007
The real question is, "WHO IS DJ KAGEN?". =]
vidoona 5:32 PM - 29 April, 2007
God I'm so sick of all the DJ Kagen threads, but that being said I will still offer my opinion.

I really don't think so. He's totally jocking her fame. He'd def. be a nobody without her. I mean, the boy's got skills, but so do lots of DJs you know?

j/k.....this thread is hilarious.
Julls 5:52 PM - 29 April, 2007
Why does everyone on the forum sweat KaGeN? LOL!
Bigfourty4 7:46 PM - 29 April, 2007
He is this guy on the rise. He gets 1k a night
vidoona 9:09 PM - 29 April, 2007
Did you guys see him on Entourage?
Bigfourty4 9:15 PM - 29 April, 2007
yea...he is the guy who sold the shoes ...and is having Am dj his sisters birthday party
DJBlisk 9:55 PM - 29 April, 2007
KaGeN sucks balls.
DJDLO 415 11:53 PM - 29 April, 2007
Quote:
God I'm so sick of all the DJ Kagen threads, but that being said I will still offer my opinion.

yea fer real.....everyone is always trippin off Kagen....leave the guy alone.....hez got skillz to pay the billz.....im tierd of everyone askin "do you think he would be where hes at with out being engaged to richie"
AFR33K1000 12:36 AM - 30 April, 2007
Is this supposed to be sarcastic and funny?..................I don't find any of this amusing.
skratchnerd 1:18 AM - 30 April, 2007
who?
AFR33K1000 1:21 AM - 30 April, 2007
NUH,.........what?
Dj-Pyro 2:33 AM - 30 April, 2007
He's got no talent. The guy is tone deaf and people act like he's a god. I saw him mix the weekend before last at an after party and man his mixing was OFF!! It was like he was on drugs or something. Unacceptable for the amount of money he was getting paid IMO. The worst part was when he played "Snow - Informer" and starting screaming on the mic "get your hands in the air, get your hands up in the air!". I was embarrassed for him.
Dj KaGeN 3:34 AM - 30 April, 2007
ouch.
Dj Maxim S 3:48 AM - 30 April, 2007
well ..thts how djing scene works mate...shit djs they get loads and loads and loads of gigs and good ones...they struggle!! or end up with loads of gigs in a shitty place...

well i hvnt heard dj am in action or any of his mixes..so no comments on tht...and kagen is done nutin to me..so i got no probs with him...

kagen jus ignore them haterz!
DJ Michael Basic 9:45 AM - 30 April, 2007
I heard DJ Kagen uses relative mode.
grrillatactics 2:15 PM - 30 April, 2007
Quote:
Why does everyone on the forum sweat KaGeN? LOL!

For real.

O
V
E
R
-
R
A
T
E
D
!
DJ K-otik 5:26 PM - 30 April, 2007
You guys know that Kagen is a member on this board and stops by time to time, right? He's come on here several times to defend himself, even though he shouldn't have to. The man's real humble and deserves what he's got. Damn, he helps raise the fees DJ's can charge, so why hate?
K-rad 6:19 PM - 30 April, 2007
This is Kagen's reaction at his crashed laptop:
i77.photobucket.com

This is Kagen's reaction if someone is nosy about his personal life:
Replace the laptop with the offender's head

Morale of the story:
Don't hate. Just DJ and mind your own crate.

LOL
grrillatactics 6:55 PM - 30 April, 2007
Quote:
You guys know that Kagen is a member on this board and stops by time to time, right?

Are you serious? He posts here?

Quote:
oh no, what's going on here.

Wow, I guess it's true...

[in best "hating on DJ AM until he posts in the thread, complete 180 to kiss his ass" voice]

In that case, KaGeN is the awesomest DJ in the world . Big up and mad respect. Keep doing your thing, and holdin it down, and all that other stuff...

[/in best "hating on DJ AM until he posts in the thread, complete 180 to kiss his ass" voice]

j/k
Dj KaGeN 7:44 PM - 30 April, 2007
crashed laptop... now that's funny.

as you were.
DJ Michael Basic 7:49 PM - 30 April, 2007
I heard DJ Kagen's Macbook got a virus.
dj cubicle 7:53 PM - 30 April, 2007
I'm going to see DJ Kagen spin this summer at the SOCAL Jammy Jam!!! ...but I hear a bunch of dudes just stand around the booth watching him.
Steve_Dub 8:51 PM - 30 April, 2007
I heard DJ Kagen used to weight over 300 lbs and lost alot of it by smoking crack, and that he almost commited suicide but discovered a new genre of music called hip-hop and it saved him.
Dj KaGeN 8:54 PM - 30 April, 2007
and I quit smoking cold turkey.... but damn those cookies are a bitch to quit.
dj disturbed 5:10 PM - 1 May, 2007
Here is a pict of DJ Kagen and Nicole Richie Hanging out in the DJ Booth that he was spinning at.
dj disturbed 5:10 PM - 1 May, 2007
whoops here is that link www.weirdspot.com
dj disturbed 5:12 PM - 1 May, 2007
as you can see nicole is seen acting like the classy girl she always does when she is at a club.... and Kagen if reading the crowd
K-rad 5:17 PM - 1 May, 2007
Damm.. that is funny!
K-rad 5:19 PM - 1 May, 2007
Good lookin for finding that pic. You should send it to TMZ.com or some tabloid. It will make DJ Kagen a bonafide superstar status.
Dj KaGeN 6:05 PM - 1 May, 2007
I sure would like to know how the hell someone jumped up by the decks and took that pic without me noticing...
dj disturbed 6:07 PM - 1 May, 2007
Ninja DJ skills baby!!!!!!
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 11:17 PM - 1 May, 2007
how do you spell crushed velvet
Dj KaGeN 11:41 PM - 1 May, 2007
spelled like this

i26.photobucket.com
djknyce 3:08 PM - 2 May, 2007
i checked kagen out @ caramel sundae's this past weekend, can you believe he actually dropped a mash of SWV's "weak" x Fu Schnickens "La Schmoove" it was sick
s42000 7:26 PM - 2 May, 2007
When are you coming to our town DJ Kagen ?

Sorry about the crash, thanks i'm new.
Dj KaGeN 8:12 PM - 2 May, 2007
I'm going about this in reverse. Traveling the world, wearing sunglasses, rolling in limos and getting fed grapes from the hottest bitches that planet earth can afford just isn't my style. Don't get me wrong that's hella nice, but everyone else is already living that red carpet dream.

If you have time to break away from your busy schedule, feel free to hit me up, stop on by my crib - we'll just kick it. No need to get all dressy, put on extra deodorant anticipating extra packed sweaty nutz 2 butts clubs with hookers and whores. I'm talking about, backyard chillin' and coolin' out. What could possibly be better than jammin poolside - pouring right off the tap in to a frosty tall mug, right to the brim, not even diggin in the pocket for dolla bills to be wasted on tipping bartenders. I keep it simple.

So the real question is, when you stopping by?
dj cubicle 8:13 PM - 2 May, 2007
whenever you cali bishes decide when the ^@##$$!$@@#!# jammy jam is. ;-)
Dj KaGeN 8:17 PM - 2 May, 2007
Inhale - Exhale, good once more, Inhaaaaaale ----- Exhaaaaaale

you feeling better?
grrillatactics 8:20 PM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
right off the tap in to a frosty tall mug

-1 point

Frosty mug = bad
(ask your local beer snob why...)

:-)
Dj KaGeN 8:29 PM - 2 May, 2007
fine a pint glass for you then. can you please be the beer snob and pass along the hang up? All I know is in the nice Cali sun - a cold mug keeps my beer colder longer, while floating around in the pool.
grrillatactics 8:34 PM - 2 May, 2007
If you need the cold mug to keep your beer cool, then you are drinking too slow, my friend!

I am actually quite jealous of the monsterous Cali posse here, as I think there are only maybe a handful of people in my area using SSL, and having an SSL Jam would be a pretty small event, as I would probably be the only one to show up...

Lucky rascals.
Dj KaGeN 8:40 PM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
If you need the cold mug to keep your beer cool, then you are drinking too slow, my friend!

I then appoint you as my "beer bitch" - keep cooling it down with freshness off the tap. For when the floaty is mid pool - the beer fridge is too seeming to far away and add a bit of lazy ass to the equation and the glass is nearing empty... There are times when you need to chill and float, as many of you know, killing beers is not an issue of mine, but pacing ones self while directly basking is Cali rays and trying to keep the beer cold is a whole different game.
grrillatactics 8:46 PM - 2 May, 2007
Your wisdom has humbled me.
Dj KaGeN 8:52 PM - 2 May, 2007
I could switch to this mode of operation... Go for bottle or can and take the loss of yummy tapped beer.

www.americasbestbbq.com

Maybe a poll is in order.
a-swift 9:40 PM - 2 May, 2007
I heard DJ Kagen prefers his turntables disco style
Dj KaGeN 9:44 PM - 2 May, 2007
doubly so on Friday & Saturdays..
djknyce 12:07 AM - 3 May, 2007
You guys make me want to move to cali
dj cubicle 12:09 AM - 3 May, 2007
Quote:

I heard his girl likes it reverse disco style.
Dj KaGeN 12:26 AM - 3 May, 2007
ROFL!
sixxx 12:27 AM - 3 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

I heard his girl likes it reverse disco style.

Lol... Video please.
OakLawnDJ 12:40 AM - 5 May, 2007
I don't keep up with pop culture, it sickens me the type of people that get famous for no reason (not a shot at Kagen).

That said, I honestly have never heard of you man. I can't judge the work of a DJ who I've never heard of. And since I don't keep up with pop culture for the afore-mentioned reasons, I didn't even know you were with Nicole Richie. Until seeing this thread, I just thought of you as another DJ on the Scatch Live forums.

Whether or not you would've been famous without her... who knows? And who cares? The cards fell as they are and nothing's going to change that. Enjoy it, regardless of reason. K-Fed obviously did... lol

The haters are just jealous that they didn't get a similar break (or because they aren't fucking a blonde celebrity). =p
qwestlicious 4:55 AM - 5 May, 2007
these are some haten muther fu#@ers.... anybody who's in the game has gota know, that its who u know!!!!!!!! and if knockin of nicloe richie or knowing her is what got him in the door , then thats fuc*&g GREAT!!!!!! I dont know anyone famos, but ive goten countless gigs because of who i knew, dont get me wrong my talent was noticed my other djs ect... he wouldnt stay where he's at, if didnt have some skill, and if he truly sucks then it wont last....... im all about hard work and earnin your own identity and respect but who u know is this business is important and it cant be denied!!!!!!!!!
dj disturbed 5:07 AM - 5 May, 2007
funny thing is.... some of these peeps posting dont realy know what this thread is about... lol
dj disturbed 5:07 AM - 5 May, 2007
see both post above mine!!!
Dj Maxim S 5:24 AM - 5 May, 2007
get over with it alrdy mam
Dj Maxim S 5:24 AM - 5 May, 2007
man*
djknyce 7:19 AM - 5 May, 2007
Quote:
funny thing is.... some of these peeps posting dont realy know what this thread is about... lol

this makes it even better.......lets run with it like only the scratchlive board can!
Dj KaGeN 5:42 PM - 7 May, 2007
for those that have rushed to my aid and defense, thank you.
grrillatactics 5:47 PM - 7 May, 2007
Quote:
I could switch to this mode of operation... Go for bottle or can and take the loss of yummy tapped beer.

www.americasbestbbq.com

I need one of those. Cooler-float FTW!!!

In NC, the laws changed about a year ago in regards to high-gravity beers, so now the grocery store aisles are filled with delicious bottled treats. The cooler float would give you a smorgasboard of goodies while you are floating in the pool...

:thumbs-up:
latindj 10:36 PM - 7 May, 2007
KaGen...just watch out for other things "floating" in the pool! LOL! You know every time we throw a crazy party here in Cali some dumb ass drunk has to let the turtle out of the shell. I'm a pretty big boy so if you want I'll Bounce for you...just don't call me your "bouncing bitch"! Fire up the BBQ! :)
Dj KaGeN 12:12 AM - 8 May, 2007
out of all the parties I've had over the years - there was only one time that I had to get up in some little dweebs grill and tell him that it was time to go... the girl he was hittin on was F'n retarded wasted, she somehow thought sticking her had in my fish tank was a grand idea, stopping my live vinyl cutting the music & spilling drinks repeatedly. The clincher was when the line to the bathroom was starting to get abnormally long - my chic quickly clued in that they both were in there... She was HELLA PISSED and I had to agree that it was time to send them packin.... I bounced them both, and was very glad to see them both go.
Steve_Dub 12:18 AM - 8 May, 2007
So are you gonna bounce sixxx when he's "using" your bathroom lol.
Dj KaGeN 12:21 AM - 8 May, 2007
the trick is not to let people figure out you're doing the nasty. if mr minute man can rifle on off and slip 2 people out of the bathroom undetected, tis all good. Mad hours in to a heavy booze fest and a line starts forming cuz you got mad liqueur dick, well that's a different story and I'll most likely end up holding my chic back from knockin ya block off.
Steve_Dub 12:22 AM - 8 May, 2007
ha ha.
dj disturbed 8:05 AM - 8 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

www.americasbestbbq.com

In NC, the laws changed about a year ago in regards to high-gravity beers, so now the grocery store aisles are filled with delicious bottled treats. The cooler float would give you a smorgasboard of goodies while you are floating in the pool...

thatt still depends on what county you live in in NC.... where im at you still cant find it on too many shelves... damn hickvill!!!!
grrillatactics 6:44 PM - 8 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

www.americasbestbbq.com

thatt still depends on what county you live in in NC.... where im at you still cant find it on too many shelves... damn hickvill!!!!

Come down and visit Charlotte. I live walking distance to a Harris Teeter with a monster beer selection.
Julls 8:20 PM - 12 May, 2007
Every page has a post about DJ KaGeN ...jesus christ, you are supposed to be dj's - STOP BEING GROUPIES. Don't try to copy others, be original yourself and stop following 1 dj. Look, I am not hating on KaGeN but I am tired of seeing you all talk about him like he's the only dj worth talking about.
DJ Stuart (AR) 8:23 PM - 12 May, 2007
I heard Kagen got beef with Timbo and Justin.
allenbina 5:52 PM - 13 May, 2007
Quote:
I heard Kagen got beef with Timbo and Justin.

this thread is hillarious
DJ Michael Basic 12:16 AM - 14 May, 2007
Guys, stop posting in this thread...all you're doing is bumping it to the top. Can we just let it die already?

GEEZE!

Only an idiot would post in this thread and bump it to the top again.
djknyce 12:22 AM - 14 May, 2007
bumpity bump!
DJ Stuart (AR) 12:42 AM - 14 May, 2007
We are not gonna stop until it becomes a sticky.
djknyce 3:15 PM - 14 May, 2007
was it b2k who had that song called.........bump bump bump, that song sucked big *bumps*
Nicky Blunt 3:23 PM - 14 May, 2007
Quote:

I am actually quite jealous of the monsterous Cali posse here, as I think there are only maybe a handful of people in my area using SSL, and having an SSL Jam would be a pretty small event, as I would probably be the only one to show up...

Lucky rascals.

you know this!

Im in uk & its dead here!
dj disturbed 7:29 PM - 14 May, 2007
Quote:
was it b2k who had that song called.........bump bump bump, that song sucked big *bumps*

that depends on where you are at... that song was BIG around here
djknyce 7:41 PM - 14 May, 2007
it wasbig here to, i was just hating!!! h8 h8 h8!
djknyce 7:41 PM - 14 May, 2007
****was big****
s42000 4:08 AM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
Guys, stop posting in this thread...all you're doing is bumping it to the top. Can we just let it die already?

For realz .........

Who has the latest tracklisting of DJ kagen at Wembley Stadium ?
And where's Nicole ?
Julls 12:44 AM - 16 January, 2008
Bizzzump!
DJ Sniffles 2:10 AM - 16 January, 2008
oooh god im so sick of this KaGen guy. oh so what if he finger banged richi in her browneye or if he makes over 100k for some gigs

did u guys know he use to suck dick for coke and gigs at metropark?
latindj 4:03 AM - 16 January, 2008
lol! back from the dead...
dj bedtime 6:49 AM - 16 January, 2008
I heard Kagen actually uses traktor with serato skin and a gemini mixer
Nathan Torian 9:32 AM - 16 January, 2008
is kagen still sucking dick for coke?
i hadnt heard from him in awhile
Nicky Blunt 9:57 AM - 16 January, 2008
where is KaGeN I aint heard from him on here in a while now?

Ha ha ha at the dirk diggler esque dick for coke jibes!!!!!!
Dj_KaGeN 10:46 PM - 16 January, 2008
not everything you read in your momma's National Enquirer is true, I didn't do it for the coke... gosh.
J_Static 11:25 PM - 16 January, 2008
this thread started in april of 2007, where have I been!?!?!?!?!

I heard he was screaming: "I'll suck your dick for a cheeseburger(Don't be a menace)" on the corner of Crenshaw and Slauson in cracktown......
Dj_KaGeN 5:18 AM - 17 January, 2008
(not) so funny thing of it all, that's were I met static, we used to bunk together in a dryer box behind a 7-11. There is more to the story, but we agreed that it wasn't supposed to spoken past the cardboard. Way to go crackhead - all bets are off now.
J_Static 7:53 AM - 17 January, 2008
hahahahaha! U and Sixxx fuckin crack me up, it's gonna be SSL Comedy Jammy Jam when us three meet! Man u better come through to the norcal meets socal jam (when and where ever this will happen)
sixxx 7:55 AM - 17 January, 2008
Please add a (no threesome homo) disclaimer next time J_Static. Thanks. lol
J_Static 7:55 AM - 17 January, 2008
Quote:
hahahahaha! U and Sixxx fuckin crack me up, it's gonna be SSL Comedy Jammy Jam when us three meet! Man u better come through to the norcal meets socal jam (when and where ever this will happen)

(no threesome homo)
Nicky Blunt 8:12 PM - 6 May, 2009
where is kagen

not seen him on here in a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong time!

& sixxx's thread reminded me of this one

where u @ Dude
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:22 PM - 6 May, 2009
he was postin alot earlier this week
J0be 9:06 PM - 6 May, 2009
Word on the street is, he's married his window cleaner, Pedro.
Nicky Blunt 9:40 PM - 6 May, 2009
^^^^ haha nice one jobe
Dj_KaGeN 11:03 PM - 7 May, 2009
i still no here.
Nicky Blunt 4:52 AM - 8 May, 2009
Quote:
i still no here.

the wanderer returns
Audio1 5:20 AM - 8 May, 2009
KAGEN?