Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Smart Crates

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL3
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
JCRUZ 10:35 PM - 3 December, 2010
Product: scratchlive
Version: 2.1.1
Hardware: scratchlive-sl3
Computer: pc
OS Version: win764
---

When adding two or more rules to the crate, and hitting save it does not load anything at all.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 10:54 PM - 3 December, 2010
What are the rules you're creating?

Do you files have the appropriate tags that Scratch Live can use to apply the rule and sort the files into the smartcrate?
JCRUZ 11:19 PM - 3 December, 2010
yes, it is usually when I group buy genre... say I put a contains reggae genre rule but then I put is not or does not contain dub.... then nothing pops up on my smartcrate
Rane, Support
Shaun W 11:32 PM - 3 December, 2010
Check the tagging of your files, do any of the genre tags (or other tag fields) contain the word 'dub'?
JCRUZ 11:41 PM - 3 December, 2010
ok checked it out.... so if any other tag fields have a word that I put in a smart crate rule will take that word into consideration and cause a conflict?

Do you have a suggestion on how to set my smartcrates....umm like how is your smartcrates or crates setup like....something I can use as a guide...
Rane, Support
Shaun W 12:04 AM - 4 December, 2010
I use basic rules, like genre contains house and added before a certain date sort of thing.

What are you trying to achieve?
JCRUZ 9:02 PM - 5 December, 2010
simplicity...or something that if a backup dj was to use my laptop it would be easy for them to navigate my crates
Rane, Support
Shaun W 7:32 PM - 6 December, 2010
I would use as general of a rule as possible. If your crate structure is over complicated, an outsider/backup DJ won't have the slightest idea how to interpret your organization.
JCRUZ 8:30 PM - 16 December, 2010
K thanks
JCRUZ 1:53 AM - 4 January, 2011
Ok when I start a smart crate and I add rules.
I put these two rule together:
genre-is-acappella
song-contains-A Cappella

It turns up a blank Crate???

JCRUZ
Rane, Support
Shaun W 6:10 PM - 4 January, 2011
Do you have any tracks in your library that have the song name A Cappella?

If so, do the songs named A Cappella have the genre tag "acappella"?

The Smart crates are exact matches only.
JCRUZ 7:13 PM - 4 January, 2011
you know when you get promo cds, the song title has (a cappella) after the title and the genre stays the same hiphop reggae etc. then I have genres that just say acappella.

does match all the rules have anything to do with this?
Rane, Support
Shaun W 6:30 PM - 5 January, 2011
Quote:
does match all the rules have anything to do with this?

Yes, I completely overlooked this option, sorry.

Turn off the Match All The Following Rules option and you should be OK :)
JCRUZ 9:09 PM - 5 January, 2011
ahhhhhhhhh in detail what does that option exactly do, it dont say to much about it in the manual....
Rane, Support
Shaun W 11:19 PM - 5 January, 2011
With the "Match All The Following Rules" option on, any track added to that smart crate is required to conform to all of the set rules.

With the "Match All The Following Rules" option off, any track added to that smart crate is required to conform to at least one of the set rules.

:-)
JCRUZ 5:01 PM - 6 January, 2011
k cool thanks for the help I'll to leave you alone for a week or so ha ha ha
when is the official 2.2 droppin????
Rane, Support
Shaun W 7:00 PM - 6 January, 2011
I haven't been given a specific released date for the 2.2 final version, but I'm guessing the beta should go final within the next few weeks :)