Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

I want the old white snare lines back

djkenace 12:26 AM - 14 April, 2005
Dam i liked when in the old serato versions snare color was white it was easy to see and line up. Now with all these colors its hard to pick out which is which. Please bring back white snare lines. :-)
nik39 9:09 AM - 14 April, 2005
Yes, I agree. The new beatmatch display is overloaded with all the colors. It was easier to use it as it was in previous versions.
BassChamber 9:40 AM - 14 April, 2005
i agree, though when you get accostumed to it, it is not a problem.

but previous versions was easier to use, no doubt.
Detroitbootybass 2:02 PM - 14 April, 2005
Thats where your ears come in...

:-)
Zion-Prayz 12:31 AM - 15 April, 2005
Just don't change the colors of "Ahhh" and "Fresh" :D
djkenace 1:03 PM - 15 April, 2005
yeah the colors are nice, yes i use my ear now more than visuals, but it was nice to see the white lines. NO punn intended to all you CLUB HEADs. LOL.
dj dawn 2:15 PM - 15 April, 2005
I thought that they only had made the colors a little bit more brighter
s42000 4:16 PM - 15 April, 2005
Quote:
Thats where your ears come in...

:-)

AMEN .... I had no idea that those colors on SSL meant anything !!
nik39 5:09 PM - 15 April, 2005
Red=bass, blue=hihats, green=snares IIRC.

Sam could easily mix w/o headphones just by watching the screen, I couldnt do it.
Dj KaGeN 6:50 PM - 15 April, 2005
Started using SSL I was used to reading grooves of the control record, now that I spin mostly SSL, switched back to records last night and I catch myself trying to read the screen...
Daim 7:53 PM - 17 April, 2005
Yeah u get used to it too fast.. and there's still no option to switch it off.........................................
nobspangle 9:33 PM - 17 April, 2005
Quote:
Started using SSL I was used to reading grooves of the control record, now that I spin mostly SSL, switched back to records last night and I catch myself trying to read the screen...

I spin on 3 decks and a CDJ and I always find myself looking at the screen when I'm using real vinyl or CDs
djkenace 8:08 PM - 18 April, 2005
oooh yeah an option to turn colors on and off would be nice, an option for original colors and new colors would be very nice.
DJ 3pm 8:11 PM - 18 April, 2005
Quote:
oooh yeah an option to turn colors on and off would be nice, an option for original colors and new colors would be very nice.

i think that would be difficult because the overviews are actually built and then stored in the file itself. having both old and new would require to overviews to be built and saved (not something you probably want to do while performing live).
djkenace 8:15 PM - 18 April, 2005
aaah very true
nik39 9:47 PM - 18 April, 2005
Hm, DJ3pm, I doubt the overviews are stored with the "colors". And even if, why not making snares white as they were before. You wouldnt need to rebuild the overviews.
DJ 3pm 9:53 PM - 18 April, 2005
don't get me wrong, i miss the old colors too. i guess storing 2 sets of waveforms wouldn't be much different than storing album art to the tag. hopefully the mods will find a happy medium between the old and new waveforms *wink wink*
nik39 10:25 PM - 18 April, 2005
Hm, I think we are misunderstanding each other. What I thought the guys before are talking about is the color on the beatmatching display in the middle. I dont know if this has something to do with the wav overviews, or how they are stored.
DJ 3pm 11:18 PM - 18 April, 2005
Quote:
Hm, I think we are misunderstanding each other. What I thought the guys before are talking about is the color on the beatmatching display in the middle. I dont know if this has something to do with the wav overviews, or how they are stored.

damn, now i am confused. is the beatmatching display the thing at the top that is horizontal or the vertical thing in the center?

i should just shut-up and get back to class...
nik39 11:28 PM - 18 April, 2005
Vertical thing in the center. But that doenst make any difference when it comes to the question whether the overviews need to rebuild or not.
DJ 3pm 11:39 PM - 18 April, 2005
ok, my class is doing well enough on its own...

i thought the vertical thing in the center was just miniturized version of the wav overview. if this is the case, we may both be right.

mods, is it 9am in new zealand yet?
Serato
Josh 1:26 AM - 19 April, 2005
the beatmatching display is meant to display only the transients
Daim 8:16 AM - 19 April, 2005
Is there any news about an option to turn it completely off? At the moment i'm always having a window of another app in front of the beat matching display which is "always on top".. it's really a pain in the.. ;)
djkenace 2:22 AM - 20 April, 2005
what i was talking about was the beat matching colors the color lines next to the scrolling wave forms.