Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

The Pitch

smoothe 8:13 PM - 19 April, 2007
I would like in the next version of SSL for there to be a greater range of pitch.
I will explain, let's say that your turntable only goes up to ten, but when you have SSL open when you put the pitch slider all the way to the bottom of the turntable it's at 16 instead of 10, so we should have a option for 8 10 and 16 pitch range instead of just what the turntable offers. I just think this would be a good idea.
What do you guys think?
smoothe 8:31 PM - 19 April, 2007
Bump. Is this even posible?
Konix 8:35 PM - 19 April, 2007
Yes this is certainly possible, other DVS programs have this. And it's been requested many times (i.e. pitch multiplier), as well as pitch offset.
AFR33K1000 8:43 PM - 19 April, 2007
4:13 PM

4:31 PM

Holly shit, a bump after 17 min?.....kids got no patience these days.
Nicky Blunt 12:52 PM - 20 April, 2007
thats quite funny i woulda never noticed had you not pointed that out!
Dj Crisham 3:01 PM - 21 April, 2007
Good idea !! And very helpful.
Nicky Blunt 9:41 AM - 23 April, 2007
this is a fabulous idea as it would save me the £1000.00 im currently saving for a set of 1210 mk5's.

Is it even possible though?
DJMark 10:11 AM - 23 April, 2007
I'd like it even better if you could put the pitch into +/- 4% mode, to give finer resolution than you normally get with turntables. For those of us who don't usually do extreme pitch changes, that would be a nice addition.
Evil_banana 12:08 PM - 25 April, 2007
I've said it before and say it again. Pitch Multiplier would be awesome!!! It would make it possible to mix that way too cool rap-acapella into a phat-bass-breakbeat-track. Or simply push up a great heavy hip-hop-track and transforming it into something close to bigbeat. That combined with keylock... kickass!!!
deejaysomething 12:58 PM - 26 April, 2007
Last time this was discussed, Sam was pretty interested in the idea of being able to move the zero point of the pitch slider. This way you maintain the same resolution on the slider but can still reach bigger ranges. So your slider could go from 0 to +16, instead of -8 to +8.

I would prefer that to changing the resolution.
Nicky Blunt 2:13 PM - 26 April, 2007
Quote:
Last time this was discussed, Sam was pretty interested in the idea of being able to move the zero point of the pitch slider. This way you maintain the same resolution on the slider but can still reach bigger ranges. So your slider could go from 0 to +16, instead of -8 to +8.

I would prefer that to changing the resolution.

I think thats the best suggestion so far on the pitch!
It would make everyone happy!
Evil_banana 3:10 PM - 26 April, 2007
True, I think technically, moving the zero point would be 'easier' and would cause less issues.

But on the other hand, it would disable you from normal functioning since you'de have to disable the zero-move to get to the other side of the pitch range. If you expand the range to for example +-16, then you would be able to still do your basic pitchin, ... just less accurate.

And again, I'm also thinking about the example of throwing a rap-vocal (eg. 100Bpm) over a pumping and jumping nubreakz-electro-track (eg. 125Bpm). 100BPM + 16% = 116BPM. Which is still about 10 percent short for this mix. A pitchrange multiplier of x4 would take care of this.

Just thinking out loud here.
Nicky Blunt 3:26 PM - 26 April, 2007
Yeah I see your point!

& I like the idea of that too, I'm startin to sound like any idea someone puts up im co-signing. (thats the case coz I aint seen a shitty idea yet)
AFR33K1000 3:29 PM - 26 April, 2007
So Evil_banana, what's so evil about your banana?
Evil_banana 4:55 PM - 26 April, 2007
good god, where did I get the nick from... erhm, no really story behind it acutally. Bananas are cool and have character... in a kinda weird yellow way and since I'm also very fond of metal/deathmetal/gothic/EBM and so on, I thought the Banana should be Evil.

Another way to put it is, I'm absolutely pro-absurdism. And an evil banana seems pretty absurd in my opinion.

Why so interested in my banana? :oD
AFR33K1000 5:28 PM - 26 April, 2007
That's Bananas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Evil_banana 7:45 AM - 27 April, 2007
LoL :oD
sojourn 4:39 AM - 18 May, 2007
previously suggested:

scratchlive.net
Jeffsteez 4:52 PM - 18 May, 2007
Would be a nice addition.
Evil_banana 8:33 AM - 21 May, 2007
Sojourn is correct, scratchlive.net is exactly how I pictured this feature. Go add yourself to the thread guys!