DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

A Mix With Good Music?

DVDjHardy 6:30 PM - 23 November, 2010
I'll let you decide for yourself, but I personally like all the songs I used in this mix. I don't want to put up a track list because the element of surprise is a key in enjoying this mix. But some of the artists featured include:

Major Lazer
Dcup
Big Boi
Kid Cudi
Cosmo Black
Eva Simmons
Chew Fu
Estelle
Avicii
Lloyd Banks
Laidback Luke
Newcleus
Steve Miller Band
Stromae
Far East Movement
Drake
Basement Jaxx
Jeremih
Oh Snap
Treasure Fingers
Ludacris
Top Billin'
KP & Envy
Duck Sauce
Kid Sister
Jamiroquai
Classixx
Congorock
Bingo Players
Swedish House Mafia
Bone Thugz n' Harmony
La Roux
Deadmau5
Kaskade
Crystal Waters
Chuckie
Paul Johnson
Chris Kaesar
Reset
etc.

This mix runs for 68 minutes, has about 85 songs and covers various genres ranging from House, Hip-Hop, Disco, Dubstep, etc. Lots of acapellas thrown over other songs, but I'd like to think that it was done tastefully. There is no Lady Gaga, Kesha, Katy Perry, Pitbull, Fatman Scoop, etc. on this mix. But, it is all uptempo and will make you dig for some of the songs I used.

You can stream it or directly download it here:

iknowhardy.com
Audio1 6:40 PM - 23 November, 2010
WOW. #WINNING
eder 6:42 PM - 23 November, 2010
but I love me some katy perry...
Audio1 6:48 PM - 23 November, 2010
speaking on pop bitches, KESHA on the new Complex mag = HILARIOUS. I thought Lady Gaga was crazy but this chick is next level... Talking about glitter in girls pussies, punching girls while partying with Three 6 Mafia. LOL
djpuma_gemini 7:01 PM - 23 November, 2010
Ke$ha is my white trash crush.
DVDjHardy 7:02 PM - 23 November, 2010
Quote:
but I love me some katy perry...

Me too! Just not her songs, haha.

Quote:
speaking on pop bitches, KESHA on the new Complex mag = HILARIOUS. I thought Lady Gaga was crazy but this chick is next level... Talking about glitter in girls pussies, punching girls while partying with Three 6 Mafia. LOL

She is following the Lady Gaga example I think and just saying shit to stir everyone up. Honestly, if if that chick wasn't famous most dudes wouldn't give her a second look.
DVDjHardy 7:03 PM - 23 November, 2010
Quote:

LOL...I'll take someone who hasn't consumed that much heroin!
djchrischip 7:04 PM - 23 November, 2010
Quote:

+1
DeezNotes 7:39 PM - 23 November, 2010
Miss A FTW!
DVDjHardy 8:43 PM - 23 November, 2010
@Deez, there is a bmore song around the 31-minute mark that I don't think anyone on the forum besides you know will know. I owe a beer to the first person to get it right.
gotchuckz 8:56 PM - 23 November, 2010
nice mix. good use of your own mashups and edits.
thewevel 10:15 PM - 23 November, 2010
Quote:
@Deez, there is a bmore song around the 31-minute mark that I don't think anyone on the forum besides you know will know. I owe a beer to the first person to get it right.

are you talking about Lucy Pearl “Dance Tonight (Top Billin Remix)” or the one right after it?
thewevel 10:16 PM - 23 November, 2010
oh 31 mins not 30
DVDjHardy 10:33 PM - 23 November, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

are you talking about Lucy Pearl “Dance Tonight (Top Billin Remix)” or the one right after it?

Yep, the other one! :)

Quote:

Thanks man!
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 12:43 AM - 24 November, 2010
Damn No Justin Beiber or Soulja Boy... THIS MIX SUX

Actually, I gotta see what the BMore tune is now - U have me curious...
RecordDeal 12:46 AM - 24 November, 2010
keep dont ya think! Lol at the soulja comment above! HA
Doctorjon 1:14 AM - 24 November, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Is it from the letter people Miss A?

Yep, the other one! :)

Quote:

Thanks man!
Doctorjon 1:14 AM - 24 November, 2010
oops quote FAIL

Doctorjon 1:22 AM - 24 November, 2010
Sounds kinda like the ron rico one
DeezNotes 1:44 PM - 24 November, 2010
Doctorjon wants a beer! lol
DJ ST 3:02 PM - 24 November, 2010
Yo,
Not for nothing, but this mix is BANGIN'!

A lot of QUALITY music.
Especially those "filtery"-house tracks (Somebody Else's Guy Remix, Southside of Chicago).
Went straight to my iPod's "DJ"-folder.

A full tracklist would be appreciated,
just sayin'...
DVDjHardy 7:22 PM - 24 November, 2010
Quote:
oops quote FAIL

I tried to play it off but Deez named the song before I posted the question. haha :)

That's still not the right artist though!
DVDjHardy 7:31 PM - 24 November, 2010
Quote:
Yo,
Not for nothing, but this mix is BANGIN'!

A lot of QUALITY music.
Especially those "filtery"-house tracks (Somebody Else's Guy Remix, Southside of Chicago).
Went straight to my iPod's "DJ"-folder.

A full tracklist would be appreciated,
just sayin'...

Thank you! I like a lot of that stuff...actually I mostly catch myself listening to the newer disco-type tracks (I guess people call it nudisco, space disco, etc.). They seem to have the best production quality with (usually) lyrics that don't ruin the song for me like a lot of new songs do. If it's not that, it's house music in some form.

And that other song is "CZR - Chicago Southside". I used the Paul Johnson remix. I'm from Detroit (area), but what really got me into house music was Bad Boy Bill and a lot of Chicago House music artists. It's weird because Jeff Mills (aka The Wizard) probably influenced 99% of the local DJs in my area that I look up to. He was even the resident at the club where I play twice a week (necto.com) for a long time, but he had moved on from Detroit already before I got into DJing and I unfortunately don't really remember him mixing on the radio when I was younger.

Anyways, I'll definitely post a full tracklist for this once I have enough time.
DJ ST 8:01 PM - 24 November, 2010
Yeah,

"Car Alarm" -house, as DJ Illo phrased it, DOES get old after a while ("dutchy" remixes).
Sometimes the vocals are good, and then comes "the dirty bit" (Will.I.Am, holla).
By space disco you're referring to U-Tern, Tensnake, Classixx? At least in here (Finland/Scandinavia) they're really crowding the dancefloor.
Filter loops all day long, dudes.

I'm familiar with CZR's track, just was curious about the remix,
as it is with 90% of listening to live DJ-sets, with no tracklisting.
You know the song (lyrics), but the remix/version always eludes you. =D

Yeah, just saw "Man Vs. Food" episode in Ann Arbor,
they weren't in Necto, though, only foods not beverages.

But yeah, your mixes and edits (2000Down -blog) are really good.
Keep on going.
bandoma 8:05 PM - 24 November, 2010
dope mix!
sacrilicious 8:37 PM - 24 November, 2010
Dope mix, great style.

+1 on filter house, CZR, nu disco, banging piano parts, etc. That's most of my wax collection and I'm LOVING that it's been trending.
DVDjHardy 6:44 PM - 26 November, 2010
@bandoma and sacrilicious....appreciate it guys, thank you!
DVDjHardy 6:48 PM - 26 November, 2010
Quote:
Yeah,

"Car Alarm" -house, as DJ Illo phrased it, DOES get old after a while ("dutchy" remixes).
Sometimes the vocals are good, and then comes "the dirty bit" (Will.I.Am, holla).
By space disco you're referring to U-Tern, Tensnake, Classixx? At least in here (Finland/Scandinavia) they're really crowding the dancefloor.
Filter loops all day long, dudes.

I'm familiar with CZR's track, just was curious about the remix,
as it is with 90% of listening to live DJ-sets, with no tracklisting.
You know the song (lyrics), but the remix/version always eludes you. =D

Yeah, just saw "Man Vs. Food" episode in Ann Arbor,
they weren't in Necto, though, only foods not beverages.

But yeah, your mixes and edits (2000Down -blog) are really good.
Keep on going.

We had DJ Bandoma play at one of my reisdencies last week....we put him through his own man vs. food course in Ann Arbor....I'm still recovering from the amount of food I had last weekend, haha. I've never seen that show, but remember people saying that he was in Ann Arbor for one episode...that's dope!

And yeah, I mean those artists mostly when I say Space Disco. I buy some music from Traxsource and that's what they call it: www.traxsource.com

I'm gonna post up some of the edits from this mix on my blog sooner or later. I've just had a crazy schedule with a lot of gigs lately so I haven't been posting stuff up as regularly as I once did.
DVDjHardy 8:30 PM - 7 December, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

oops quote FAIL

I tried to play it off but Deez named the song before I posted the question. haha :)

That's still not the right artist though!

Nobody?