Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

ITCH stalled twice on my gig tonight.

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Vestax VCI-300
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
chims 10:58 AM - 21 November, 2010
Product: itch
Version: 1.7.1
Hardware: vestax-vci-300
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.6.4
---

Aside from lots of audio drops, Itch seemed to stall twice one me causing me to restart the program. The first time, the audio got choppy and started stuttering. The second stall caused the right deck to play backwards slowly (kind of like if you mixed the left/right rca's or something weird).

Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else shared similar problems. I'm o the MBP before the unibody design, 4gb ram, buffer size 64samples/1ms if that helps.

Should I change any settings? Use an older version of Itch? Get a newer laptop? Something else?
Vestax, Support
ChristianD 4:53 PM - 21 November, 2010
Hi Chims,
Is this the first time this has happened for you?

Could you make sure you have this graphics update installed, > support.apple.com
which has caused a few issues with 1.7

Is this re-creatable at all? Can you disable wi-fi, bluetooth etc and make sure you are doing everything here> www.serato.com

The playing backwards thing is weird - have you updated your firmware recently? Or use any other MIDI software?
chims 8:07 PM - 21 November, 2010
Thanks ChristianD for the reply.

I had wifi turned off.

Snow Leopard is already up to date with all software updates as of 10.5.4. I just noticed that version 10.5.5 just got released so I'll be doing that update today.. However, I'm downloading that graphics update that you've linked. Would it show up in the software update if its' not or is this graphic update not included in auto updates?

No other MIDI software is used on this machine.

I also used an external power adaptor if that matters.

Would there be issues using the lowest buffer settings with my system? I have plenty of HDD space and 4gb ram installed. I did notice a lot of dropouts.

With that said, I haven't had time to do another session on it to try to recreate it yet, but I'll update this when I do and if the problems are still occurring.
Vestax, Support
ChristianD 2:21 PM - 23 November, 2010
If you are also getting a lot of dropouts then it could definitely be related to your buffer settings.
The graphics update doesn't show up in 'software update' so you will need to do it manually...

Once you have installed the update, and increase your buffers, let me know if you are still having dropouts/stalling

chris
7:00 AM, 8 Dec 2010
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.