DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Nappy Headed Hoes.....

DJJOHNNYM 4:52 PM - 11 April, 2007
So should Imus get the AX?
Dj KaGeN 5:01 PM - 11 April, 2007
this really doesn't belong here....
dj disturbed 6:22 PM - 11 April, 2007
what ever happend to freedom of speech? I never new that nappy headed Hoes was a racial remark. Even charles Barkly said last night on ESPN that Imus should not have said it.. but he does not need the AX.
dj cubicle 6:28 PM - 11 April, 2007
Freedom of speech stops when slander starts.

slander
n. oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another, which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed. Slander is a civil wrong (tort) and can be the basis for a lawsuit.

defamation
n. the act of making untrue statements about another which damages his/her reputation.
MusicMeister 6:51 PM - 11 April, 2007
1. No, he shouldn't have said it.
2. No, he shouldn't get the axe (FYI, there is an 'e' on axe).

Why?
Because he said they LOOKED like - not that they were. He made a comment about appearance - not behaviour.

Because he's a dumbass anyway.

Because most people can't understand a damn thing he says anyway! He sounds like a dental patient with a quad shot of novacaine and marbles in his mouth!

I can understand the member of the Rutledge team and college in general taking offense because the comment was about them. I can even understand that they ask for an apology. But the comments I've seen from the team have been 'I'm a succesful college student and my parents are proud of me', and the like. They're basically saying that 'we're not a bunch of ho's'. He didn't say they were ho's - he said they LOOKED like ho's. There IS a difference.... the chicks at the club dress like ho's too... but as far as I know none of them are ho's - and only part of them are sluts (sluts don't charge - ho's do).

All in all, this is blown WAY out of proportion....
dj cubicle 7:15 PM - 11 April, 2007
MUS: That’s some rough girls from Rutgers. Man, they got tattoos and—

McGUIRK: Some hard-core hos.

IMUS: That’s some nappy-headed hos there. I’m gonna tell you that now, man, that’s some—woo. And the girls from Tennessee, they all look cute, you know, so, like—kinda like—I don’t know.

"That's some nappy-headed hos there." I don't see the word like in that sentence.

I waver on whether or not I think it's being blown out of proportion. What he said was wrong, his apologies were pretty weak, and I think he hoped he could skate through like Howard Stern does.
tig ol' bitties 7:30 PM - 11 April, 2007
I wonder what Howard is saying about this...He hates Imus...
Dj KaGeN 7:32 PM - 11 April, 2007
Howard is laffin his ass off..... [but also has a bunch of derogatory dialog about about Imus off the radio, that speaks volumes and further makes this statement utterly disgusting]
Dj K.Smith 7:36 PM - 11 April, 2007
He should be fired if history serves as an example of past incidents likewise:

Al Campanis
Jimmy the Greek
Rush Limbaugh
Marge Schott
BIGREDCT 7:37 PM - 11 April, 2007
By even paying any attention to it, all they did was give Imus more press and make him relevant again.
Dj KaGeN 7:38 PM - 11 April, 2007
Rush should be behind bars.
Dj KaGeN 7:40 PM - 11 April, 2007
Quote:
By even paying any attention to it, all they did was give Imus more press and make him relevant again.

thank American media and the community against him for putting him back in the press. This is the part of the equation that blows my mind. You put him in the spotlight for doing a bad thing? Knowing that 'Even bad press is good press'.
Bigfourty4 7:41 PM - 11 April, 2007
Its all for Ratings, because Imus Sucks.

O&A are the Shit.
twinsouls 9:08 PM - 11 April, 2007
Who cares about this guy anyway,its all about Tom Lykis.Helloooooooooooooo Tom! Hmm-Would "take me out Kobe style" be racist?
DJJOHNNYM 10:25 PM - 11 April, 2007
Quote:

Oh yeah? Where does it belong? We're all grown, and should be able to speak about topics that pertain to issues around the country...

Hell, one of those sponsors might be RANE...lol
DJJOHNNYM 10:26 PM - 11 April, 2007
Quote:
Freedom of speech stops when slander starts.

slander
n. oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another, which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed. Slander is a civil wrong (tort) and can be the basis for a lawsuit.

defamation
n. the act of making untrue statements about another which damages his/her reputation.

I feel you.
DJJOHNNYM 10:28 PM - 11 April, 2007
Quote:
I wonder what Howard is saying about this...He hates Imus...

Howard said IMUS should have told the world "F*ck You, It was a JOKE, get over it".
DJJOHNNYM 10:28 PM - 11 April, 2007
Quote:
He should be fired if history serves as an example of past incidents likewise:

Al Campanis
Jimmy the Greek
Rush Limbaugh
Marge Schott

This is what I believe also...
papsworth 10:47 PM - 11 April, 2007
he did get fired. msnbc just announced it.
joerockets 10:48 PM - 11 April, 2007
Thundercat 11:02 PM - 11 April, 2007
The TV simulcast was dropped, he wasn't fired. He was (will be) suspended for 2 weeks from his radio broadcast. Many people believed that the dropping of the simulcast was eminent as soon as sponsors started pulling out.

I don't believe he should be fired, but he should take all the heat that he is getting and is going to get. They won't drop him completely unless the reason is financial, e.g. significant decline in listenership, mass exodus of big money sponsors, etc.

I was more offended about who he attacked than I was about his vocabulary.
m0rph! 11:46 PM - 11 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Oh yeah? Where does it belong? We're all grown, and should be able to speak about topics that pertain to issues around the country...

Hell, one of those sponsors might be RANE...lol

Well... if you really want this to relate to DJing and shiznit...

Quote:
Pa. DJ Fired for Repeating Imus Comments

By MICHAEL RUBINKAM, Associated Press Writer

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A radio station fired its longtime morning DJ Wednesday after he encouraged listeners to repeat talk-show host Don Imus' racially charged comments in an on-air contest.

Gary Smith told WSBG-FM listeners to call and say "I'm a nappy-headed ho" for Tuesday's "Phrase that Pays" contest, said Rick Musselman, executive vice president of station owner Nassau Broadcasting Partners L.P.

Musselman said three of the listeners who called were awarded tickets to a NASCAR promotion at a local club.

Station management reviewed a tape of the broadcast of the "Gary in the Morning" show and fired Smith, Musselman said.

Musselman said that Smith was fired and not suspended because he uttered the slur in a premeditated manner, "with full knowledge of the reaction to Don Imus' use of the exact same phrase."

The nationally syndicated Imus was suspended for two weeks by CBS Radio and MSNBC after he called members of the mostly black Rutgers University women's basketball team "nappy-headed hos." Civil rights groups have demanded his firing.

Smith has an unlisted number and could not be reached for comment Wednesday.

WSBG 93.5, a 3,000-watt rock station, is based in Stroudsburg, about 40 miles northeast of Allentown. The Princeton, N.J.-based Nassau is privately held with more than 50 radio stations in the Northeast.

Although, I don't think he used SSL to loop the phrase...

Booyah! :-P
RnBDJkb 5:29 PM - 12 April, 2007
I grew up with (9) sisters..and now married to a "Nubian Princess"
I would use those words on any of them if:
A. I wanted a severe beat-down to brighten my day.
B. I wanted to insult one of these women to the core.

Last time I checked "the nappy-headed hoes" were charging 20.00 for 2 for 1's down on Broadway St.
Imus was way out-of-line and if he doesn't get fired this won't go away for him.
My girl wanted to catch a plane and go find him! I am sure are over a million more Black and Educated women who feel the same way.
I also was trying to make light of the situation until I saw how it affected my lady, not to mention the Rutgers Lady Basketball team.
Thanks DJCubicle, I let my girl read what you wrote and she says at least one person on this forum is Aware!
I agree with her saying too many times a person of color has to educate another person of non-color that priveledge has allowed their thinking to be tainted. If you feel you can say things like this with no repercussions...think again.
If the owners of the Broadcasting Station lose enough money only then will it matter to Corporate America, which is really sad.
Likwid 5:35 PM - 12 April, 2007
Quote:

He didnt get fired, the show is suspended for 2 weeks while they decide what to do.
DJJOHNNYM 9:05 PM - 12 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

He didnt get fired, the show is suspended for 2 weeks while they decide what to do.

No, his TELEVISION SHOW is canned....He's going on UNPAID VACATION on Monday from his RADIO SHOW...

Hopefully, he won't come back...it would be too much of an injustice to all he insulted.
dj cubicle 9:07 PM - 12 April, 2007
Update. Canned.
The Little Trooper 9:09 PM - 12 April, 2007
www.cnn.com

NEW YORK (CNN) -- CBS has canceled Don Imus' radio show, effective immediately, after uproar over his racist and sexist comments about Rutgers women's basketball team.

"From the outset, I believe all of us have been deeply upset and revulsed by the statements that were made on our air about the young women who represented Rutgers University in the NCAA Women's Basketball Championship with such class, energy and talent," said CBS President and Chief Executive Officer Leslie Moonves, in announcing the decision.

The decision by CBS came a day after NBC Universal decided to part ways with Imus, thus canceling the simulcast of his show on MSNBC.

Amid the outcry over his on-air racial slur last week, shock jock Imus said Thursday that he had "apologized enough" and that he will not go on "some talk show tour."

"I'm not going to go talk to Larry King or Barbara Walters or anyone else," Imus said on his flagship station in New York, WFAN-AM, which is owned by CBS Corp. and distributes "Imus in the Morning" nationally.

"The only other people I want to talk to are these young women at the team, and then that's it," Imus said.

He was referring to the members of the Rutgers University women's basketball team, whom he described as "nappy-headed hos" the day after the team lost the NCAA championship to the University of Tennessee. (Gallery: Other controversial comments aired on Imus show)

He has repeatedly apologized for those remarks. Team members have agreed to meet with him privately, but so far no meeting has taken place.

"It gets said. Kids get hurt," he said. "At some point -- I'm not sure when -- I'm going to go talk to the team and that's all I'm interested in doing."

NBC News President Steve Capus, appearing on CNN, said Imus' comments had "touched a nerve" within the organization and firing him was "the only action we could take." (Your e-mails on Imus)

Despite being dropped by NBC, Imus hosted his show from the MSNBC studios in New Jersey. He did not appear on TV.

"As you know, MSNBC folded up yesterday, so we're just on the radio," he said.

Imus was broadcasting his 18th annual radio charity fundraiser, which has pulled in $50 million since 1990. It ends Friday.

"This may be our last radiothon, so we need to raise $100 million dollars," Imus said, chuckling.

According to The Associated Press, Imus raised $1 million in the first five hours of Thursday's fundraiser.

The disparaging remark prompted eight companies to pull their ads from Imus' show: Staples, General Motors, Sprint Nextel, GlaxoSmithKline, Procter & Gamble, PetMed Express, American Express and Bigelow Tea.

Bruce Gordon, a member of CBS Corp.'s board of directors, had called for Imus' firing from WFAN.

Speaking Thursday on CNN's "American Morning," Gordon said that, speaking "as an African-American man in this country, Don Imus violated our community. He attacked beautiful, talented, classy women and when those women showed themselves to the country, I think that those words matched with those images made it clear to America that Don Imus was wrong."

Gordon is a former president and CEO of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

At a rally outside CBS's New York offices Thursday, civil rights activist Al Sharpton pressured the network to cancel Imus' morning show.

Rain cut attendance at the rally -- another has been scheduled for Saturday afternoon -- but Sharpton, joined by the father of a player on the team, spoke to the media.

"NBC has done in our judgment what is right," he said, and CBS must not be "the dam holding back the waters of insensitivity."

Sharpton said he had met with several NBC leaders and planned to meet with CBS leaders later in the day.

Linzell Vaughn, the father of sophomore center Kia Vaughn, said Imus' comments were "like a slap in the face."

"Do not disrespect our children," he said. (Players talk of hurt, seeking understanding)

Sharpton said the airways should not be used to "call children hard-core hos, nappy-headed hos. ... None of us have the right to use the public airways to express our bigotry."

Civil rights activist Jesse Jackson also spoke on Thursday afternoon outside CBS' offices and called for Imus' firing.

"This is not the first time this has happened on this show," he said, and spoke of previous Imus comments that Jackson characterized as racist and sexist.

"'Three strikes you're out' ought to apply to this position," he said.

Copyright 2007 CNN. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Associated Press contributed to this report.
DJJOHNNYM 9:12 PM - 12 April, 2007
Quote:
Update. Canned.

WOW...he's a wrap from CBS...
Thundercat 9:16 PM - 12 April, 2007
LOL! That's what happens when you f*$# with Jersey. ROFL!

I'm surprised at the decision. However not ultra surprised as sponsors were jumping like rats from a sinking ship. GM, Colgate Palmolive, AmEx gone? The writing was on the wall...
DJMark 9:34 PM - 12 April, 2007
The last time I heard Don Imus was when I was still working in radio in the mid-90's and one of the stations picked up his show. My impression of him then was "who are the morons who would actually want to listen to this crap?". Much the same as I always thought about Howard Stern, Rush Limbaugh, "Dr" Laura Schlessinger (who isn't even a doctor), and any number of other "personalities" that play to the stupidest people in the radio audience.

The only entertainment any of these people provide is when they (inevitably) get snagged in their own hubris and hypocrisy.
De LA 9:42 PM - 12 April, 2007
I hate Imus and most shock jocks in general. But I also find it concerning when CBS/NBC or any network would fire someone for saying nappy headed hoes, when they have tv and radio stations thats air music that I belive is far far worse content ( And musical LOL) wise.

Im not justifying Imus or the comment by any means...I just think its kinda a double standard in media.

EG) How does MTV get introuble for the the Superbowl thing when I had to be tramtized by seeing that fat cops ass on NYPD Blue!?
DJ Michael Basic 9:47 PM - 12 April, 2007
People need to get thicker skin. Seriously. It's a tough world out there...if some dude says something mean about Jews, I don't go crying to mommy. I don't give a shit. I wish people wouldn't give this bullshit the time of day. I'm so tired of reading about people crying about some dude they don't even know making an obvious joke that involved a slur of some sort. Get over it, seriously. That's why we're becoming such pussies as a society.
DJ Michael Basic 9:53 PM - 12 April, 2007
It's also amusing, just to play devil's advocate, that it's 100% accepted for anyone and everyone to call Nascar driver's rednecks and hillbillys. Not that I could watch more than 1 lap of nascar, just making an observation.
DJJOHNNYM 10:04 PM - 12 April, 2007
Quote:
LOL! That's what happens when you f*$# with Jersey. ROFL!

Werd....
dj skraps 10:06 PM - 12 April, 2007
I hear beaner and wetback jokes/comments all day...doesnt really offend me...shit i crack em myself....like DJ M basic said....get thicker skin.

Imus is an asshole anyway...not just cause of this comment.
DJJOHNNYM 10:09 PM - 12 April, 2007
Quote:
I hate Imus and most shock jocks in general. But I also find it concerning when CBS/NBC or any network would fire someone for saying nappy headed hoes, when they have tv and radio stations thats air music that I belive is far far worse content ( And musical LOL) wise.

The TV and airwaves that allow this stuff to be played are run by Good Ole' White folk...and at this time in life, they allow that type of music to be pushed to the top of the charts to make money.

Also, if you look, it's not a WHITE PERSON calling someone a Nappy Headed Hoe or anything else like that in those songs...

Eminem caught a LOT of flack for that basement tape he did YEARS ago of his black girlfriend where he called her a hoe or said some shit about black chicks only wanting money...

He used to be my FAVORITE rapper of this millenium until I heard that shit....

Even when Scott Storch did that joint about Timbaland, and erryone thought he said n*gga or some shit at the end of the song, people were gettin' ready to get hostile...it apparently was his BOY who said it, but still....

There are some things white folk just can't say...
DJJOHNNYM 10:12 PM - 12 April, 2007
Quote:
People need to get thicker skin. Seriously. It's a tough world out there...if some dude says something mean about Jews, I don't go crying to mommy. I don't give a shit. I wish people wouldn't give this bullshit the time of day. I'm so tired of reading about people crying about some dude they don't even know making an obvious joke that involved a slur of some sort. Get over it, seriously. That's why we're becoming such pussies as a society.

Sorry dude, it's STILL not acceptable to go hard on KIDS....and that's exactly what they were...

PS, If I was one of those girls' father, I would have LOVED to have met the man that called my daughter a nappy headed hoe on National Radio in person. Real talk.
john blaze 10:12 PM - 12 April, 2007
Quote:
It's also amusing, just to play devil's advocate, that it's 100% accepted for anyone and everyone to call Nascar driver's rednecks and hillbillys. Not that I could watch more than 1 lap of nascar, just making an observation.

Hey man, NASCAR is the hot ish in HD w/ Surround Sound. Haha!
DJ Michael Basic 10:14 PM - 12 April, 2007
Kids? Come on...What was it, JR high school?
DJJOHNNYM 10:17 PM - 12 April, 2007
Quote:
Kids? Come on...What was it, JR high school?

5 of them were Freshmen in COLLEGE. That means 18-20 year old girls. Little to no job, still in school.

If they're going to college as Freshmen, they're prolly still living at home with Mommy and Daddy.

Stop playin.
DJ d.range 10:17 PM - 12 April, 2007
i don't see why freedom of speech has to stop when slander begins, then its not really freedom...imus is an idiot, but people have said worse...i'm not black, or a woman, but i find his comments to be more sexist than racist...either way change the station if u don't like it,if someone is talking shit about me, i don't sit there and listen to it...the only reason cbs&msnbc dropped imus is because they lost major sponsorship

WE SHOULD BE WORRIED WHEN OUR MOST BASIC AMERICAN RIGHTS ARE TAKEN AWAY...WATCH OUT FOR THAT SLOPE, ITS SLIPPERY
DJ d.range 10:19 PM - 12 April, 2007
Quote:

agree 100%
dj skraps 10:20 PM - 12 April, 2007
waaaahhh!!!

Artie Lange.
DJJOHNNYM 10:20 PM - 12 April, 2007
Quote:
i don't see why freedom of speech has to stop when slander begins, then its not really freedom...imus is an idiot, but people have said worse...i'm not black, or a woman, but i find his comments to be more sexist than racist...either way change the station if u don't like it,if someone is talking shit about me, i don't sit there and listen to it...the only reason cbs&msnbc dropped imus is because they lost major sponsorship

WE SHOULD BE WORRIED WHEN OUR MOST BASIC AMERICAN RIGHTS ARE TAKEN AWAY...WATCH OUT FOR THAT SLOPE, ITS SLIPPERY

The comments were EQUALLY offensive both racially and sexually. Just the term NAPPY is SOOOOOO FAR RACIST, that it's hardly HEARD anymore.... The term N*gger is much more commonplace now.

When you talk "Nappy", you might as well talk "Coon", "Jiggaboo", and "Aunt Jemimah" with a rag on your head...

That is classic old school racist terminology....

They don't even teach you "Nappy" anymore...that's ingrained from years of believing it.
DJ Michael Basic 10:22 PM - 12 April, 2007
Dude, come on...you cry about name calling in grade school. When you're 18-20 years old, you better be toughened up. Shit like this is the reason kids have ADD instead of being misbehaved. People sue each other all the time, everyone is medicated for shit because instead of just being a dickhead, you have a chemical imbalance now. The real world isn't nice. We need to stop coddling the "kids" and get them ready for the real world so it doesn't run them over when they get there.
DJ Michael Basic 10:23 PM - 12 April, 2007
Nappy is racist now? Are you kidding me? So then straight is racist towards asians? Curly towards whites?
dj skraps 10:23 PM - 12 April, 2007
betta not call me curly!!! hahaha
DJ Michael Basic 10:25 PM - 12 April, 2007
Instead of calling jews Kikes now, they are gonna start calling us curlies for those little sideburns the real orthodox boys have.

I'm sue you for slander!
dj cubicle 10:26 PM - 12 April, 2007
Quote:
i don't see why freedom of speech has to stop when slander begins, then its not really freedom...

So what if somebody went to the place you DJ and said they heard you raped a girl you met while working at the club? Next thing you know, you're fired. Freedom of speech is pretty cool, huh?
DJJOHNNYM 10:27 PM - 12 April, 2007
Ok, let's pretend this is MY KID. I've sent her to private schools all her life...Made sure she had the best of everything. She gets a scholarship to Rutgers...gets on a basketball team that she's worked MANY NIGHTS with practicing...

They get to the championships, brings Rutgers to a level they havent' been to in decades...

Then a white guy calls her a nappy headed hoe. Now, deep inside, BLACK PEOPLE feel that's how white people feel about them ANYWAY, but just won't say it...

They smile, give you a few "Attaboy's", and call you a nice person.

Now, you're reduced to what you THOUGHT they were thinking about you all along.

It's not about you "accepting" what people say about you, it's changing their perspective if possible.

People thought I'd NEVER be able to DJ...I was the kid with the glasses who "Tried to cut"....

I had to prove them wrong. Their perception has changed....

If I accepted what they SAID or THOUGHT about me, I wouldn't be here...

F*ck Imus, he got what he deserved...
DJ Michael Basic 10:30 PM - 12 April, 2007
If you let your perception of yourself be based on some dipshit who is a SELF PROCLAIMED SHOCK JOCK then you are doing nothing but perpetuating the problem.
DJJOHNNYM 10:30 PM - 12 April, 2007
Quote:
Nappy is racist now? Are you kidding me? So then straight is racist towards asians? Curly towards whites?

In the context he used it, it was CLEARLY racist. Stop trying to play word games. If he called an Asian, chinky eyed, he would have gotten the same response.

White people can't be discriminated against...
DJJOHNNYM 10:33 PM - 12 April, 2007
Quote:
If you let your perception of yourself be based on some dipshit who is a SELF PROCLAIMED SHOCK JOCK then you are doing nothing but perpetuating the problem.

Dude, this guys is 100 YEARS OLD....He's 5 TIMES as old (and supposidly wiser) than those KIDS...

It's like an all knowing ADULT classifies you as a KID to whatever his perception is...

Things that are done to you as a CHILD, you carry with you into your adulthood...

Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES is an ADULT supposed to come after a kid...

Even criminals behind BARS honor that "Code"....stop playin.
Dj KaGeN 10:33 PM - 12 April, 2007
I'm moving to Europe - so I can see titties on regular ole TV all the time, and not watch a nation flip upside down over Janet's sloppy hanger.
DJJOHNNYM 10:36 PM - 12 April, 2007
Quote:
I'm moving to Europe - so I can see titties on regular ole TV all the time, and not watch a nation flip upside down over Janet's sloppy hanger.

And actually, Janet's nip was probably part of the reason why IMUS got taken out. Now a LOT of people thought that the FCC took it a little tooo far on Janet...but she had to pay up or CBS...whatever...

Now here comes an "Offensive remark", over the same airwaves that Janet was using, so those at the forefront make SURE the same type of punishment was going to be applied, or at least investigated...
DJ d.range 10:37 PM - 12 April, 2007
i know white people with nappy hair, and puerto ricans, shit if u ask me imus' hair is a lil nappy

Quote:
So what if somebody went to the place you DJ and said they heard you raped a girl you met while working at the club? Next thing you know, you're fired. Freedom of speech is pretty cool, huh?

i'll tell u this much, homeboy would get an ass whippin, as should imus, but i would not want that persons freedom taken away
DJ d.range 10:38 PM - 12 April, 2007
dj micheal basic is right, we as a society need to stop being sooooo sensitive and move on
dj skraps 10:39 PM - 12 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

5 of them were Freshmen in COLLEGE. That means 18-20 year old

why do you still refer to them as Kids....last time i checked 18 and up was an adult.
DJ d.range 10:40 PM - 12 April, 2007
DJ Michael Basic 10:42 PM - 12 April, 2007
Quote:
The comments were EQUALLY offensive both racially and sexually. Just the term NAPPY is SOOOOOO FAR RACIST, that it's hardly HEARD anymore.... The term N*gger is much more commonplace now.

Sorry dude. If I see a dirty ass white guy with unwashed tangled hair. I'm gonna call him nappy too. Race has nothing to do with the "term nappy." Was it obviously racist in this context? Sure. Should the whole country cry about it?
nakedlou 10:52 PM - 12 April, 2007
Fugees - Nappy Heads
WAR - Nappy Head

Are these groups being Racist?
DJ Michael Basic 11:02 PM - 12 April, 2007
By the way, I'm not saying Imus was right or defending his actions, rather, I'm admonishing America as a whole for being such pussies about it. I think Imus is a dipshit, always have. I also think howard stern is a dipshit, but an entertaining one. I think we need to hear a little bit of that sort of shit to keep us grounded and to get us used to the way things are. People are racist. People are rude. People are assholes. If we shelter ourselves from it, when it happens to us we respond as sheltered people respond. Is that what you want for your "kids?"
DJ d.range 3:09 AM - 13 April, 2007
can u believe the governor of NJ was on his way to the meeting between imus & the rutgers team when his suv got ran off the road, he's in critical condition...they gonna pin this on imus too??
Serato
Bill M 3:39 AM - 13 April, 2007
I don't see how this is in any way an issue of freedom of speech or rights. Imus is not being fined by the FCC, he is not going to jail. He got fired because he pissed a lot of people off.
DJ d.range 5:57 AM - 13 April, 2007
and lost big $ponsorship
DJJOHNNYM 6:30 AM - 13 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

why do you still refer to them as Kids....last time i checked 18 and up was an adult.

I refer to them as kids, because I have been DJ'ing there for YEARS. Like 10. I see them everyday...They are KIDS. You'll understand one day when you're a parent.
DJJOHNNYM 6:32 AM - 13 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry dude. If I see a dirty ass white guy with unwashed tangled hair. I'm gonna call him nappy too. Race has nothing to do with the "term nappy." Was it obviously racist in this context? Sure. Should the whole country cry about it?

LOL...You have got to be KIDDING ME. The term "Nappy" is SOAKED with the ghosts of racism, when used in the context that IMUS did. The whole world knows...he apologized...he knew what he was saying, he just didn't know how hurtful it was.
DJJOHNNYM 6:33 AM - 13 April, 2007
Quote:
Fugees - Nappy Heads
WAR - Nappy Head

Are these groups being Racist?

No, because they're BLACK....
DJJOHNNYM 6:36 AM - 13 April, 2007
Quote:
I don't see how this is in any way an issue of freedom of speech or rights. Imus is not being fined by the FCC, he is not going to jail. He got fired because he pissed a lot of people off.

This is exactly true! He didn't say anything OBSCENE, which is against FCC rules...He said something "OFFENSIVE"...

The problem is that the term "OFFENSIVE" is completely subjective to the LISTENER. It doesn't matter if you "Meant" it or not, it's how it's perceived...

Rev Al. wouldn't have gotten the FCC to do jack, cuz he didn't break a law, all he did was PISS OFF ALL BLACK PEOPLE and a good number of WOMEN.

Most White Men could care less.
DJJOHNNYM 6:36 AM - 13 April, 2007
Quote:
can u believe the governor of NJ was on his way to the meeting between imus & the rutgers team when his suv got ran off the road, he's in critical condition...they gonna pin this on imus too??

Sure! Strike while the iron's HOT.
DJJOHNNYM 6:42 AM - 13 April, 2007
Quote:
If I see a dirty ass white guy with unwashed tangled hair. I'm gonna call him nappy too.

I completely overlooked this^^^^.

Look at what you wrote...to YOU "Nappy" is associated with the terms, "Dirty", "Unwashed", and "Tangled"....

Were any of those girls "Dirty", "Unwashed" or had "Tangled" hair?

You've proven my point dawg. Your OWN PERCEPTION of the word "Nappy" is NEGATIVE. That is EXACTLY what got Imus fired.

Case Closed...

Who's next?
DJ Michael Basic 8:39 AM - 13 April, 2007
Sorry, I didn't realize that if a "shock jock" says something negative he gets fired. My bad, you're right, case closed.
DJ Michael Basic 8:43 AM - 13 April, 2007
I was tickled when I read this too:

Quote:
Snoop Dogg has issued a new warning: Don't dare to compare his lyrics — or any other MC's — to syndicated radio host Don Imus' recent racially inflammatory comments about the black women on the Rutgers University women's basketball team.

Admittedly, Snoop and some of his peers have called women "b----es" and "ho's" in their lyrics, but as the Dogg put it Tuesday afternoon (April 10), there is no parallel to what Imus said.

"It's a completely different scenario," said Snoop, barking over the phone from a hotel room in L.A. "[Rappers] are not talking about no collegiate basketball girls who have made it to the next level in education and sports. We're talking about ho's that's in the 'hood that ain't doing sh--, that's trying to get a n---a for his money. These are two separate things. First of all, we ain't no old-ass white men that sit up on MSNBC [which announced Wednesday it would drop its simulcast of Imus' radio show] going hard on black girls. We are rappers that have these songs coming from our minds and our souls that are relevant to what we feel. I will not let them mutha----as say we in the same league as him."
DJ Michael Basic 8:52 AM - 13 April, 2007
Another good read:

michellemalkin.com
DJ Pryme 9:39 AM - 13 April, 2007
go snoop go.
DJMark 10:03 AM - 13 April, 2007
Don Imus uttered his hateful comments from a position of high privilege, and is way beyond old enough to know better.

I have no love for some of the misogynistic potty-talk that come out of some rap-performers' mouths, but comparing them to Don Imus is beyond ridiculous.

Don Imus is a Rich White Guy doing a radio show heard by millions of people. People like him do *not* deserve a free pass to spew racist crap on the radio. And firing him was not only the right thing to do...with most the sponsors fleeing in droves it was the *only* option.

Guess I have to avoid Bigelow teas from now on, because they made a point of sticking with Imus till the end.

Finally I think it's very safe to say that Imus is in little danger of dying poor...unless maybe he starts up the old drug habits again.
djkings_escobar 12:28 PM - 13 April, 2007
Despite what was done, this wasn't a "Guilty Conscious" move by MSNBC and CBS, it was a money move. Sponsors pulling out equals the result of lost millions. That's the ONLY reason he was fired not becuase of the crap excuse that was given. Do I agree with what he said? Nah, but you have all the HIPOCRITES coming out now wanting his ousting from all media? That aint right! A apology was enough, and suspension. I'm Hispanic and I've heard a few insults throughout my lifetime, but whocares! You keep moving and not care what others think. Fact is he'll be on the air again and all of this would have been pointless. I laugh at Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, why dont they boycott rappers? Becuase these rappers give money to their foundations, thats why. The REV.Jesse Jackson had a damn affair and had a kid with someone else. And he's protesting? LOL... Why wasnt he protested against.... See the hipocracy.
DJ GaFFle 2:41 PM - 13 April, 2007
The media is crazy these days. They need to put the breaks on a lot of the corrupting crap that's on television anyway (especially some reality TV shows). Hopefully, he's a starting point.

www.usmchangout.com

John Imus with his cowboy hat on:
www.voccoquan.com

John Imus without his cowboy hat:
www.pauldavidson.net
djaction 3:16 PM - 13 April, 2007
Imus off the radio.. one small step for black people everywhere..

Next up.. Get BET off the air.
dj cubicle 3:17 PM - 13 April, 2007
hahahaha
DJJOHNNYM 3:43 PM - 13 April, 2007
Quote:
Sorry, I didn't realize that if a "shock jock" says something negative he gets fired. My bad, you're right, case closed.

The fact that he's a SHOCK JOCK is what the radio stations gambled on....

They had a GREAT RUN....

Their luck just ran out...they always knew Imus was "Edgy", and that's the chance they took.

They've made their money, it's time to move on.
DJJOHNNYM 3:49 PM - 13 April, 2007
Now SNOOP DOG is an idiot. But you know what? The media did GREAT by asking the king of "HOES AND BITCHES" what his take was, and actually, he couldn't say anything else without being a hypocrite. The truth is that he should have just kept his mouth shut.

Black people IN GENERAL do NOT like today's "HipHop" music. But we are not the ones controlling what is being played. Yeah HOT97 and POWER105 have black DJ's and hosts, but the white corporation is the one cutting their check. They are the one's who determine what is played.

So, pretty much, white people are in charge of Mainstream HipHop if you will.

Black people can't stop that crap that's being played now, because they don't have the FISCAL POWER. So WHAT if a black person is upset at a RAPPER...We DON'T buy their music ANYWAY.

WE DOWNLOAD IT FOR FREE or GET IT FROM THE BOOTLEG MAN.

We, as black people don't count as far as the DOLLAR is concerned when purchasing Rap Music.

That whiteboy in the midwest who went to Walgreens and put his money in their hand is who is financing hiphop.

Those who want to "peek" into the culture from the safety of their bedroom is who is funneling the money in, not black people.

It's white people selling "black" music to white kids.
DJJOHNNYM 3:54 PM - 13 April, 2007
Even I as a DJ absolutely REFUSE to buy today's crap, unless it's a damn emergency. I will download in a HEARTBEAT. Real talk. Now what I DO HOPE HAPPENS is that some white folk say "Ok, they got Imus, lemmie listen to the HipHop stations, and report each and every violation from DJ's tossing 'round the word N*gga and B*tch to songs that contain the same stupid shit. And I HOPE THEY REPORT THEIR AZZEZ right to the FCC, and hits them RIGHT IN THE POCKET. Then change will come. All the GOOD HIPHOP MUSIC that is being ignored, may make it to the forefront. There are 2 kinds of Rap..Good and Bad. Right now, "Bad" is "Edgy" and makes money... Somebody needs to take the spotlight off of that shit...

We as TRUE TO THE GAME DJ'S can benefit from Imus being fired, because hopefully, someone will get rid of the bullshit ACROSS THE BOARD.
DJJOHNNYM 3:56 PM - 13 April, 2007
Oh, by the way, those girls are receiving HATE MAIL.

Kids receiving HATE MAIL from people they don't even know, and who don't know them.

All because of remarks from a white man who didn't know them either.

Don't let an Imus FANATIC get loose.

This is why they are KIDS.
djaction 4:14 PM - 13 April, 2007
Quote:
Black people IN GENERAL do NOT like today's "HipHop" music. But we are not the ones controlling what is being played. Yeah HOT97 and POWER105 have black DJ's and hosts, but the white corporation is the one cutting their check. They are the one's who determine what is played.

Eh.. I'd say IN GENERAL most YOUNG black people (under 21) actually are eating up and perpetuating this current hip hop culture.

Quote:

Black people can't stop that crap that's being played now, because they don't have the FISCAL POWER. So WHAT if a black person is upset at a RAPPER...We DON'T buy their music ANYWAY.

Eh. Sort of.. at the end of the day you have plenty of young cats emulating these idiots on the airwaves and trying to push their demo tapes etc.. White people aren't forcing these cats to make a mockery of black culture.. Some are most definitely throwin money their way to do it though. But whose fault is it? The white dude offering $$$ or the black dude taking $$$ knowing full well hes disgracing his culture.

And then theres shit like this:

Watchwww.youtube.com
dj cubicle 4:16 PM - 13 April, 2007
Quote:
DJ's tossing 'round the word N*gga and B*tch

I know I pay for the "privilege" of listening to whatever I want because I subscribe to XM, but Mz. Kitti was the first person who came to mind...
dj skraps 4:34 PM - 13 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I refer to them as kids, because I have been DJ'ing there for YEARS. Like 10. I see them everyday...They are KIDS. You'll understand one day when you're a parent.

Dont act like you know me now.....32 yo with 2 "kids" (11 & 9)
DJ d.range 5:36 PM - 13 April, 2007
Quote:

yes all of them,even yhe white ones
DJ d.range 5:43 PM - 13 April, 2007
Quote:
People like him do *not* deserve a free pass to spew racist crap on the radio.

if we TRULY have free speech,EVERYONE, has a free pass to spew racist crap on the radio,black,white,purple, or green
deep2 5:56 PM - 13 April, 2007
To be honest -- If it was on a rap son that played on the radio, I dont think anyone woulda cared.

Nappy Headed Hoes rmx
[url]www.sendspace.com[/url]
DJJOHNNYM 5:59 PM - 13 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Eh.. I'd say IN GENERAL most YOUNG black people (under 21) actually are eating up and perpetuating this current hip hop culture.

Quote:

Eh. Sort of.. at the end of the day you have plenty of young cats emulating these idiots on the airwaves and trying to push their demo tapes etc.. White people aren't forcing these cats to make a mockery of black culture.. Some are most definitely throwin money their way to do it though. But whose fault is it? The white dude offering $$$ or the black dude taking $$$ knowing full well hes disgracing his culture.

Watchwww.youtube.com

OF COURSE those cats that are 21 and UNDER are eating it up. That does not make up the majority of the black population.

And you've proven my point also. These cats are YOUNG, they don't know any better than seeing that a RAPPER made it out of the hood talking that bang-bang shit. And NO, they don't know how they're disgracing themselves because they are following what everybody else is doing and what America is ACCEPTING. The corporations look at a "Good" rapper, and won't sign him because he doesn't have any street credibility, he hasn't been shot, he hasn't done a bid, he doesn't have a criminal record...To the corps now, that cat is BORING. They want someone who will constantly tangle with the police IN AND OUT of the hiphop scene. Thus the HipHop Police were born.
DJJOHNNYM 6:01 PM - 13 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Dont act like you know me now.....32 yo with 2 "kids" (11 & 9)

And you'd be OK with someone referring to them (if they're girls) as hoes on the National Airwaves in the name of "Free Speech"?
DJJOHNNYM 6:02 PM - 13 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

smh.
DJJOHNNYM 6:03 PM - 13 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

if we TRULY have free speech,EVERYONE, has a free pass to spew racist crap on the radio,black,white,purple, or green

Not across Federally Regulated Airwaves. You can do that on other venues, like at a Klan Rally, or certain websites, and private clubs....but not all whilly nilly on Federally Regulated Airwaves.
DJ d.range 6:05 PM - 13 April, 2007
smh??
DJJOHNNYM 6:10 PM - 13 April, 2007
Quote:
smh??

smh = shakin' my head....
DJ d.range 6:18 PM - 13 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not across Federally Regulated Airwaves. You can do that on other venues, like at a Klan Rally, or certain websites, and private clubs....but not all whilly nilly on Federally Regulated Airwaves.

according to you, as long as what is being said is not deemed obscene by the fcc, it flies
djaction 6:20 PM - 13 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

OF COURSE those cats that are 21 and UNDER are eating it up. That does not make up the majority of the black population.

And you've proven my point also. These cats are YOUNG, they don't know any better than seeing that a RAPPER made it out of the hood talking that bang-bang shit. And NO, they don't know how they're disgracing themselves because they are following what everybody else is doing and what America is ACCEPTING. The corporations look at a "Good" rapper, and won't sign him because he doesn't have any street credibility, he hasn't been shot, he hasn't done a bid, he doesn't have a criminal record...To the corps now, that cat is BORING. They want someone who will constantly tangle with the police IN AND OUT of the hiphop scene. Thus the HipHop Police were born.

Agreed. I just think to much blame is put on external forces.. like corporate america and whites. At the end of the day the Yin Yang twins have only themselves to blame for the shucking and jiving they do on TV. The day rappers/artists stop taking corporate money for whoring and denigrating their culture is the day hip hop will change for the better.

and to quote Mos Def

"Hip-Hop won't get better until the people get better"
RnBDJkb 6:45 PM - 13 April, 2007
Well said DJMark...
Quote:The only entertainment any of these people provide is when they (inevitably) get snagged in their own hubris and hypocrisy
Although I did like a couple Howard Stern shows, especially the Pamela Anderson episode(JK)but that is a different thread:-)

I feel ya' DJ Michael B, but what if such words were directed at your sister,Mom, daughter, or wife. You may not want them to hear you feel that way. Even people with tough skin are Human.

These female basketball players never asked for this and they cannot change the channel when the channel is directed at them.
I personnally never call anyone out of their name until I know them. Even then it's a name to reflect some behavior they have displayed.
Quote: There are some things white folk just can't say-DJJohnnyM
Much respect to you for explaining when you should not have to, but they don't teach this in the schools and obviously by some of the comments read here not at home either.
DJ d.range 7:07 PM - 13 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

smh.

wha?? how do u look after a basketball game??
Mr. $weetlife 8:01 PM - 13 April, 2007
I seem to be the upper echelon "ask a Black Dude" at my job. I could give a shit about Don Imus. I tried to listen to his show about 6 years ago, heard utter garbage and never tuned back in.
Everyone keeps asking me "what happened to freedom of speech?" like I had something to do with this whole Rutgers outcry. Like I was standing right next to Al Sharpton on TV. WTF you asking me for? Do YOU want to know what I really think of YOU? How about I exercise MY freedom of speech and tell YOU everything I dislike about you, Mr. Hospital CEO. This is what indirectly happened to Don Imus.
He can say whatever he wants, but when he has sponsors that are indirectly endorsing his show with ad dollars he has to be careful. What he says can and will reflect on them. Ultimately this is not about Don Imus's right to free speech, like so many are trying to compare, this is strictly about money. If advertisers don't want to run ad time on his show, the show is a loss, the parent company could be making money on another show instead. In our "greed is good" climate, that pretty much means "bye bye Don!"
It boils down to this, you can say whatever you like just be prepared to deal with the consequences and for Don Imus it was an estimated $10 million dollar a year consequence. The broadcast studio is a whole lot different than the kitchen table.
DJ Michael Basic 8:23 PM - 13 April, 2007
Quote:
I feel ya' DJ Michael B, but what if such words were directed at your sister,Mom, daughter, or wife. You may not want them to hear you feel that way. Even people with tough skin are Human.

Luckily, my family is well adjusted enough that the words of some asshole who's entire existance on tv/radio is based on being offensive don't really mean anything at all to us. My mom would shake her head and say, "see, that's why I only watch Lost on TV anymore." I don't have a sister but my Brother and I would maybe be mildly amused, but probably not even give it a second look or thought.

As I said before, I don't condone what Imus did, and I think he should have been fired because it makes financial sense for them to fire him. I think he's a dickhead and what he was was certainly racist in an offhanded way.

What I'm saying is, America's hypersensitivity about certain issues perpetuates racism, perpetuates more hypersensitivity, and it perpetuates our assbackwards way of thinking about things like race, violence, sex, and how those things should be portrayed in the media.
DJJOHNNYM 3:08 AM - 14 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

according to you, as long as what is being said is not deemed obscene by the fcc, it flies

Let's be clear. You can't spew hate/racist shit on the radio. That is not necessarily OBSCENE. You will get fined out your azz for being "OBSCENE" on the radio.

Racist rhetoric is not necessarily "OBSCENE", but there's a level of responsibility that comes with having the "privilege" to broadcast on the airwaves. Most times, that level of responsibility is dictated by the station management, who has sponsors that they want to please.

I doubt Rev. Al would have gotten far with the FCC about the "racists remarks" because I don't remember a real Precedent....I do remember jocks being removed for saying DUMB RACIST SHIT, but their removal wasn't at the hands of the FCC, it was by their own station management, based on public reaction.
DJJOHNNYM 3:12 AM - 14 April, 2007
Quote:

Agreed. I just think to much blame is put on external forces.. like corporate america and whites. At the end of the day the Yin Yang twins have only themselves to blame for the shucking and jiving they do on TV. The day rappers/artists stop taking corporate money for whoring and denigrating their culture is the day hip hop will change for the better.

and to quote Mos Def

"Hip-Hop won't get better until the people get better"

Make no mistake. There are as many POSITIVE rappers out there, as there are TRENDY. New cats follow the TREND. It's cool to be "Gangsta" and act stupid. Those are real external forces, and they are powerful. The only thing standing between a rapper getting signed or not, is if the corporation likes him. It doesn't matter what his real SKILL SET IS. It matters if he's MARKETABLE or not, and if the public will "embrace" his style. White people are in charge of getting him out in the public. It's that simple. You may see all BLACK DJ'S in the forefront, and they're chasing a check just like the next man, but it's the white guy who's cutting the check.
DJJOHNNYM 3:14 AM - 14 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

smh.

Dawg, that's not even funny.
DJJOHNNYM 3:27 AM - 14 April, 2007
Quote:

Luckily, my family is well adjusted enough that the words of some asshole who's entire existance on tv/radio is based on being offensive don't really mean anything at all to us.

What I'm saying is, America's hypersensitivity about certain issues perpetuates racism, perpetuates more hypersensitivity, and it perpetuates our assbackwards way of thinking about things like race, violence, sex, and how those things should be portrayed in the media.

When you're black, you're automatically discriminated against. That's real life. My father told me that the white man will initially look down on you, so watch your back. Don't EVER get a criminal record, and keep a driver's license handy for identification. I didn't understand or believe him them but as I grew up...and got pulled over, for no reason....had job reviews "predetermined"....got evil looks from white women clutching their pocketbooks....called n*gger from passing cars filled with whiteboys that never even knew me....followed around in Kmart.....

I can tell you... A black person's PERCEPTION of the world is vastly different than "everybody else's".

When you aren't given the benefit of the doubt FROM THE DOOR, you become "Hypersensitive". You automatically go on the defense, you expect people to not LIKE YOU, simply because of your skin.

You try to convince yourself that this only exists in the sandbox, but then you sit in a college classroom, and find out that racism is alive and well when you meet the kid from the Midwest who calls you "colored", or has never met a "Black" person....ever.
DJJOHNNYM 3:31 AM - 14 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote: There are some things white folk just can't say-DJJohnnyM
Much respect to you for explaining when you should not have to, but they don't teach this in the schools and obviously by some of the comments read here not at home either.

Hey, I'm right >>>>>HERE<<<<< with you on that, because if you don't let them know, they'll never quite get it.

For years, black people were oppressed and slaved....

There's a lot of anger and resentment about that. We ourselves are still dealing with it, and make "Off color" remarks amongst ourselves to make light of the situation.

When someone makes an "Off color" remark, but who's ancestors were the actual oppressor, it's a problem.
DJMark 10:39 AM - 14 April, 2007
Quote:
When someone makes an "Off color" remark, but who's ancestors were the actual oppressor, it's a problem.

Uh-oh, now you're inviting one of those "...but MY ancestors never had slaves"-type comments.

I don't even think Don Imus' remarks should legitimately count as "free speech" in any kind of mixed company. You want to talk like that among your racist friends, well okay. But do it in any kind of public setting and I think it's crossed over the line into "yelling fire in a crowded theatre"-type territory.

The fact that Don Imus is one extremely wealthy white guy speaking that way in front of millions just makes the whole thing more unforgiveable.

This society in general could use a hell of a lot more empathy. Especially from those who were born or somehow fell into lives of privilege. I would say with that privilege comes responsibility.
DJ d.range 7:24 PM - 14 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

smh.

was not meant to be funny--its true
DJ d.range 7:28 PM - 14 April, 2007
the rutgers team forgave imus, why can't you
DJ i-80 10:25 PM - 14 April, 2007
I'm new to the discussion and forum, but I want to share something. The one phrase that has been thrown around alot lately is "free speech." There is NO SUCH THING AS FREE SPEECH when dealing with FCC regulated venues (tv, radio, news outlets, etc.) If you notice with situations in the past few years dealing with radio jocks alone,(Star and Bucwild, Imus in previous 'slip-ups', Opie and Anthony, JV & Elvis, etc...), the term "free speech" is used by people who aren't effected by what was said. I was guilty of the same thing. We tend to feel that people have freedom of speech until what they're saying effects us. What's wrong with this whole thing is that there are too many people with the "get-over-it" attitude. If Star (formerly of 105.1 FM NYC), can get fired for a "joke" that was 'inappropriate', Imus can experience the same fate for making a 'joke' that was both racist and sexist.
wakka 11:21 PM - 14 April, 2007
This was just blown way out of proportion by the media and the wrong listeners were listening at the wrong time. I'm not condoning "racism" if you can even call it that, but you don't even hear about the hundreds of other occurrences that happen daily.

Let Imus go, you're not liberating anyone.
DJJOHNNYM 3:55 AM - 15 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

smh.

was not meant to be funny--its true

So those chicks were DIRTY AND UNWASHED? I see you backpedding because you just opened up a can of worms...

That feeble attempt at trying to apply that statement to those girls ONLY because of the physical rigors of basketball (running around getting sweaty) is less than weak.
DJJOHNNYM 4:01 AM - 15 April, 2007
Quote:
the rutgers team forgave imus, why can't you

Because they HAD TO STATE they forgave him. Trust me, a Black person will NEVER forgive a WHITE person for calling them a NAPPY HEADED HOE.

All they did to say they "Forgave Him" was take the "Higher Road", because now, their futures are forever impacted.

They HAVE to be angelic and forgving towards that guy. It makes for a great story. Trust a chick ain't hardly ready to forgive a BLACK GUY calling her a nappy headed hoe anytime soon....

These girls will become the National Poster Children of "Racism In America v.2007". They will be followed throughout their careers to see if Imus' remarks have rung true or not.

They will make MILLIONS. They can't fuck that up by saying they don't forgive him. Actually it would be kinda COOL if 1 DIDN'T FORGIVE HIM. lol. That no matter how much money he had, or how many apologies he gives, that she can't find it within her heart to trust him.

If Imus does this correctly, this will make him MILLIONS ALSO.

Developing some type of task force for open discussion of race relations (some station will pick him up...), setting up funds for Women's Sports, Minority Recognition,...all types of shit.
DJJOHNNYM 4:07 AM - 15 April, 2007
Quote:
What's wrong with this whole thing is that there are too many people with the "get-over-it" attitude. If Star (formerly of 105.1 FM NYC), can get fired for a "joke" that was 'inappropriate', Imus can experience the same fate for making a 'joke' that was both racist and sexist.

This is TRUE! Those chick were publicly humiliated (stopped short of saying "hurt"), and in the same breath that some say Imus f*cked up, some were just as quickly saying "Get Over It"...

Not cool. I could see if this had drug out for 4 months or something, but it was less than a week... Get the f*ck outta here with that...

But in regards to the Star's statements, they were REALLY over the top...That is MY DUDE, but I can't even BEGIN to back up what he said with some "Free Speech" loophole.

And what's funny, is that there are some people who support Imus the way I support Star, and couldn't say SHIT, because they KNEW he was dead wrong. Star was dead wrong for the level of banter.

He had just gotten extra stations added to the lineup too...was KILLING everybody in Morning shows....it's errie how Imus' show was up there too....
DJJOHNNYM 4:09 AM - 15 April, 2007
Quote:
This was just blown way out of proportion by the media and the wrong listeners were listening at the wrong time. I'm not condoning "racism" if you can even call it that, but you don't even hear about the hundreds of other occurrences that happen daily.

Let Imus go, you're not liberating anyone.

What's funny about this post is that you're exactly RIGHT abut the "Wrong Listeners Listening At The Wrong Time"....

And YES it was the media who took this to the next level, but it was something that was needed. I hope we as DJ's at the end of all this get GOOD MUSIC to play when it's all over.
MALIBUKING 5:16 AM - 15 April, 2007
DJ d.range 8:17 AM - 15 April, 2007
Quote:
So those chicks were DIRTY AND UNWASHED? I see you backpedding because you just opened up a can of worms...

how i'm backpeddling??what can of worms??

alls i'm sayin if you just played in the ncaa championship, you better look nappy, dirty, whatveer, he's dead wrong for calling them hoes...i don't agree with imus, or the star comments (who i would get up maaaadd early for no other reason but to hear him spew hate), but i don't think either of them should have gotten fired(freedom of speech),suspended,not fired...and i also think i've heard star use the same term imus did(double standard?)
& al sharpton didn't even meet w/ the rutgers team, he has his own personal agenda

DJ i-80 i feel what you're saying,except, the fcc did not even fine imus . . . star got arrested behind his comments

Quote:

the last thing we need is to give this gov't more power to take our liberties away, sometimes people just need to handle things amongst themselves
DJ d.range 9:19 AM - 15 April, 2007
Quote:
In the context he used it, it was CLEARLY racist. Stop trying to play word games. If he called an Asian, chinky eyed, he would have gotten the same response.

miss jones made a song about the tsunami--she still has her job

Watchwww.youtube.com rosie o'donnell still has her job
DJ d.range 10:07 AM - 15 April, 2007
Quote:
That feeble attempt at trying to apply that statement to those girls ONLY because of the physical rigors of basketball (running around getting sweaty) is less than weak

nappiness is a physical state, when imus made these comments, he was reefering to pics from after the game, i'm sure that if imus was looking at pics of the girls the way they showed up at the meeting, he never would have said that
That Guy 1 1:23 PM - 15 April, 2007
The girls look rough. I'm tired of race pimps like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton getting their TV time at the expense of others.
DJJOHNNYM 2:57 PM - 15 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

how i'm backpeddling??what can of worms??

alls i'm sayin if you just played in the ncaa championship, you better look nappy, dirty, whatveer, he's dead wrong for calling them hoes...i don't agree with imus, or the star comments (who i would get up maaaadd early for no other reason but to hear him spew hate), but i don't think either of them should have gotten fired(freedom of speech),suspended,not fired...and i also think i've heard star use the same term imus did(double standard?)
& al sharpton didn't even meet w/ the rutgers team, he has his own personal agenda

DJ i-80 i feel what you're saying,except, the fcc did not even fine imus . . . star got arrested behind his comments

Quote:

the last thing we need is to give this gov't more power to take our liberties away, sometimes people just need to handle things amongst themselves

You obviously don't understand what making a racist comment to FACELESS people is vs. making a racist comment to those who actually have First and Last Names. Those chicks can take Imus to the BANK for slander if they wanted to....WHY? Because he was talking about THEM SPECIFICALLY.
DJJOHNNYM 2:58 PM - 15 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

miss jones made a song about the tsunami--she still has her job

Watchwww.youtube.com rosie o'donnell still has her job

They fired whoever was Miss Jones' boss who signed off on the story.
DJJOHNNYM 3:00 PM - 15 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
That feeble attempt at trying to apply that statement to those girls ONLY because of the physical rigors of basketball (running around getting sweaty) is less than weak

nappiness is a physical state, when imus made these comments, he was reefering to pics from after the game, i'm sure that if imus was looking at pics of the girls the way they showed up at the meeting, he never would have said that

You're talking out your azz now. IMUS MADE THOSE STATEMENTS WHILE VIEWING A CLIP OF THE GIRLS PLAYING. And you have no idea what Imus would have said if he saw those chicks all fresh-n-clean.

Don Imus is notorious for racial remarks. This isn't his first time.
DJJOHNNYM 3:02 PM - 15 April, 2007
Quote:
The girls look rough. I'm tired of race pimps like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton getting their TV time at the expense of others.

Well you figure like this, we haven't had a feather in our caps since OJ.

Since then, we've had racial profiling, unarmed dudes gettin' shot up 50 times, and a host of other things done against black people...

It was time.
That Guy 1 3:26 PM - 15 April, 2007
It was time for a phony cause that did nothing but gave libertine "academics" more ways to get the government to fund their papers and tenures.
DJ i-80 3:44 PM - 15 April, 2007
I didn't say the FCC fined Imus, I'm just stating that the FCC makes guidelines as to what can be said and what can't be said. Professionals (and I use that term very loosely) like Imus are full aware of those guidelines.

Here is the problem:

Non-Blacks, and some blacks who have had the good fortune of not experiencing this type of hate first hand, CANNOT and WILL NOT understand what this feels like. If Imus was the first white person to ever make a racially insensitive remark, then you may have an argument with the "get-over-it" or "it was a joke" attitude. But it's not!! This isn't even the first time Imus himself has made comments of a similar nature. (See link at bottom)

So until you've been pulled over because "the car didn't look familiar" (I live in Jersey), stopped and searched because "I've never seen you in this town", or followed around in every department store (shout out to Nordstrom and Lord & Taylor), then don't tell me to get over it or try to make me believe that I'm blowing this out of proportion.

And to all the people bringing up Miss Jones or Star, etc.....how many incidents can you point out where a black person of 'influence' (radio host, actor, performer, athlete, etc.) has said racially insensitive remarks about white people? For every ONE that you can point out I can probably give you 10! (There is over 300 years of material!)

en.wikipedia.org
DJ i-80 4:00 PM - 15 April, 2007
Quote:

"Race pimps" like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton only get TV time because of racists acts and comments! If people are really tired of Jackson and Sharpton, they can be made obsolete.....if white racists stop making racist comments and performing racist acts, then there will be no need for the "race pimps." But until that happens.....Pimp on pimpin!
DJ d.range 11:06 PM - 15 April, 2007
Quote:
Those chicks can take Imus to the BANK for slander if they wanted to....

but they are not, most likely because they are more mature than him, this never would have reached the height it did if it wasn't for jackson & sharpton

Quote:
They fired whoever was Miss Jones' boss who signed off on the story.
are u sure i thought they only got suspensions & fines,regardless, ms. jones(who is an ignorant asshole)STILL has her job & so does imus' boss & rosie odonnell

Quote:
You're talking out your azz now. IMUS MADE THOSE STATEMENTS WHILE VIEWING A CLIP OF THE GIRLS PLAYING. And you have no idea what Imus would have said if he saw those chicks all fresh-n-clean.

1st i am NOT talking out of my ass, lets just keep to the discussion,

2nd you also have no idea what he would have said had he seen them all fresh n clean...

3rd most importantly, IN THE SAME BREATHE, imus said that the MOSTLY BLACK tennessee team "looked all cute", sounds to me like he was right on with is comparison

utladyvols.cstv.com she's my favorite

Quote:
Non-Blacks, and some blacks who have had the good fortune of not experiencing this type of hate first hand, CANNOT and WILL NOT understand what this feels like.

people seem to forget that racism IS a 2 way street...you probablly wouldn't belive me if i told you how many times i was pulled over in parts of brooklyn, because i looked like i didn't belong ther, how many B/S tickets i've had to fight or pay bacause now that i've been pulled over for no reason the cops(black,white,hispanic& asian) need to make it look legit...and this has been happening to me since i am these girs' age & younger, i sure that these girls would rather be called "nappy headed hoes" than have some nostrel flared officer of the law pointing a gun thru the sunroof because i don't look like i'm from around here

Quote:
And to all the people bringing up Miss Jones or Star, etc.....how many incidents can you point out where a black person of 'influence' (radio host, actor, performer, athlete, etc.) has said racially insensitive remarks about white people?

en.wikipedia.org scroll down to contoversies

en.wikipedia.org again, scroll to controversies

en.wikipedia.org scroll to controversies

and what about the duke lacrosse team???, they wanted thes KIDS hung before there was even a trial, and as it turns out ALL charges were dropped and the DA lost his job, looks like sharpton is a lil to quick to defend LIARS

that guy from greys anatomy made some homophobic remarks-he still has his job(i think)

tim hardaway said he hates gay people-he was asked not to show up @ all-star weekend, and probablly ruined any chance he had of becoming a broadcaster...now i realize that these are not racist remarks, and while i do not disagree with them i do feel they were inappropriate...and star says it all the time that "gay mafia" uses the civil rights laws that were created for black people,beter than they do
DJ d.range 11:52 PM - 15 April, 2007
Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com -- my favorite is @ 1:55

Watchwww.youtube.com

and what about stars co-hosts, white trash helene, chris the queer, and crossover negro reese

to white people "white trash" is just as bad as "nappy headed"--these are things our children do not need to hear on their way to school
DJMark 11:58 PM - 15 April, 2007
Quote:
to white people "white trash" is just as bad as "nappy headed"

Uhh, no it's not enough said.
DJ d.range 1:28 AM - 16 April, 2007
uhh , no not enough said, please explain
sixxx 1:34 AM - 16 April, 2007
Yeah DJMark. Please explain. Are you both races now? Or, do you speak for every single person who's black or white out there? Do you know exactly how each and everyone feels about a group of words whether they're meant to offend black or white?
DJ i-80 1:54 AM - 16 April, 2007
DJ d.range,
I cannot believe I'm having a "I'm discriminated against more than you" conversation! You have to be a really naive person to think that you, a presumably white male, is discriminated against more than me (obviously black). You said you're stopped in "parts of Brooklyn." I'm stopped in parts of BK, Queens, Rochelle Park (dubbed "racial park"), Teaneck, Hackensack, Little Falls, Totowa, Wayne, Glen Rock, Ridgewood, Fairlawn, Paramus, etc. Those are places where I've been stopped more than once. I just did a gig in Brooklyn on Thursday (Sugar Factory). I went out to pick up a deposit on Tuesday, got pulled over, then went to the gig on Thursday, and got pulled over when I was leaving. You can't possibly trade stories with me since I live in Jersey (google the NJ State Police and profiling).

As far as racism being a 2-way street.....how many black people can hurt white people by being racist? (You can be cynical and name Oprah or an athlete, but let's be serious.) There aren't enough black people in positions to 'effectively' be racist. If a white man who owns a company that I want to work for is a racist, he can stop me from getting a job. If I am a racist, what can I do to him? Look at the President. The majority make-up of the Congress. The Assembly. If only 10% of them are racists, they can do a lot more harm than a radio shock jock.

Speaking of Star....Power 105.1 is owned by Clear Channel. Clear Channel is currently run by a white man named Mark P. Hays. If there was really a problem with "white trash helene", do you think Star had enough power to keep the name?? Nothing goes down at Power 105.1, that Mark doesn't approve of.

Miss Jones (and I am NOT A FAN)...Hot 97 is owned by Emmis Communications, run by Jeffrey H. Smulyan, not a black man.

Slavery (yes, I'm going there), as we know it, in this country started with white people enslaving black people. There was NO 2-way street with this! Blacks didn't have white slaves. When the Emancipation Proclaimation was enacted, it only "freed the slaves", it didn't change the minds and hearts of the many slave owners and so-called negro haters. That hate was passed down from generation to generation and is still here. The only thing is that some of those people are trying to be a little more discreet with it.

Last thing: "white trash is just as bad as nappy head"?? When my ancestors were 1st being called nappy head, they were slaves. Not allowed to read or learn. Not allowed to be with their families. Not allowed the same human rights as whites. So do you really think white trash is just as bad? I know a lot of "nappy-headed hoes" that would beg to differ.
DJ d.range 3:01 AM - 16 April, 2007
Quote:
I cannot believe I'm having a "I'm discriminated against more than you" conversation

i never said i was discriminated more than you,nor do i think white people are as discriminated as black people, just that it goes both ways, and i do see firsthand how it workks, i have also been in situatoins with non-whites where my presence most likey prevented them from being furter harrassed..and i'm not in & out of all the communities that you named, but everyone knows that jersey cops are notoriously racist(not justifying it)

don't sleep, you'd be surprised by the stories i could share,but i agree, as a black man you probablly have many more...thats not my fault, ithink cops & the gov't are racist assholes just as much as you do

how do you justify being pulled over 3 times driving on pennsylvaia ave from the jackie robinson(formerly interboro pkwy) to the belt pkwy...that ride should only be like 10 minutes...it took an hour and a half that day
maps.google.com

Quote:
how many black people can hurt white people by being racist?

plenty...you are not white so you can't make that determination

Quote:
Speaking of Star....Power 105.1 is owned by Clear Channel. Clear Channel is currently run by a white man named Mark P. Hays. If there was really a problem with "white trash helene", do you think Star had enough power to keep the name?? Nothing goes down at Power 105.1, that Mark doesn't approve of.

maybe mr. mark doesn't have a problem with it, or maybe he's big enough to overlook it, in any case these are not terms that children should hear on their way to school

Quote:
Slavery (yes, I'm going there), as we know it, in this country started with white people enslaving black people

actually, history tells us that the native americans were the 1st to be enslaved(in the US)

Quote:
When the Emancipation Proclaimation was enacted, it only "freed the slaves", it didn't change the minds and hearts of the many slave owners and so-called negro haters. That hate was passed down from generation to generation and is still here.

agreed.

Quote:
I know a lot of "nappy-headed hoes" that would beg to differ.

i know a lot of "white trash" that would differ
DJ i-80 3:29 AM - 16 April, 2007
Quote:
plenty...you are not white so you can't make that determination

Plenty?? Do you know something I don't? How many black men in this country hold positions that 'powerful' white men hold (CEO's of media corporations, Politicians, CEO's and VP's at oil companies, hell, even CEO's of Music Distribution companies?)

Quote:
actually, history tells us that the native americans were the 1st to be enslaved(in the US)

Native americans were slaves first, yes. But I said "as we know it." Native americans, the ones who weren't killed off, were given small pieces of land and were allowed to keep their heritage and way of life. My ancestors had their way of life stripped from them and wasn't allowed to teach their kids about their history. Most blacks in this country can only trace their heritage back to a white slave owner. Native americans, still have and teach their culture. No one race has faced the type of slavery (mental and physical) that the black man and woman has faced. Do your research....blacks were the only ones completely disconnected from their pasts.
DJ d.range 4:03 AM - 16 April, 2007
lets be clear, you do NOT need to hold a position of power to be racist. a racist is a racist

and you are not in the position to determine what is "effectively" racist to anyone but yourself, the same way al sharpton has no right to determine how those girls felt,ESPECIALLY, without even meeting with them

Quote:
Native americans, the ones who weren't killed off, were given small pieces of land and were allowed to keep their heritage and way of life.

OK, so if i came to your house, befriended you, and then told you that your house is now mine, but you can keep your closet, and teach your children about your heritage, you'd be cool with that????

gimmie a break, the genocide of the native americans is the biggest in history, percentage-wise, and black people have MUCH more power than native americans in todays media, businesses, and politics
DJJOHNNYM 4:11 AM - 16 April, 2007
Quote:
I didn't say the FCC fined Imus, I'm just stating that the FCC makes guidelines as to what can be said and what can't be said. Professionals (and I use that term very loosely) like Imus are full aware of those guidelines.

Here is the problem:

Non-Blacks, and some blacks who have had the good fortune of not experiencing this type of hate first hand, CANNOT and WILL NOT understand what this feels like. If Imus was the first white person to ever make a racially insensitive remark, then you may have an argument with the "get-over-it" or "it was a joke" attitude. But it's not!! This isn't even the first time Imus himself has made comments of a similar nature. (See link at bottom)

So until you've been pulled over because "the car didn't look familiar" (I live in Jersey), stopped and searched because "I've never seen you in this town", or followed around in every department store (shout out to Nordstrom and Lord & Taylor), then don't tell me to get over it or try to make me believe that I'm blowing this out of proportion.

And to all the people bringing up Miss Jones or Star, etc.....how many incidents can you point out where a black person of 'influence' (radio host, actor, performer, athlete, etc.) has said racially insensitive remarks about white people? For every ONE that you can point out I can probably give you 10! (There is over 300 years of material!)

en.wikipedia.org

PREACH!!!

Cuz when I was 6 miles per hour over the speed limit, and told the cop that my record was spotless, that mo-fo said CONGRATULATIONS! Here's your first ticket!

Even when walking HOME, and a cop pulls up, shines the light in our eyes, and asks why are we in this "Part Of Town" (Dunellen), and we tell him we're walking home from the arcade....they wanna know how come there are no arcades "IN THE HOOD"....wtf?

We were kids man.
DJJOHNNYM 4:24 AM - 16 April, 2007
OMG! The problem here is that the NON-BLACKS feel like they've been discriminated against at some level compared to the BLACKS.

We appreciate your EMPATHY, but the real deal is that YES we've had it rougher than you have.

DJ i-80 has dropped jewels in this thread that are simply beyond the scope of realization of someone who is NON-BLACK.

I used to work at a Market Research Company and call all over the US. On the phone, my voice can sound as "White" as ever. I've been able to conduct surveys with MidWesterners who when asked Racial questions had no problem saying "N*gger this and N*gger that"....thinking they were talking to a white person.

It's like I've been exposed to the REAL America, and that wasn't just a "one-off", it was dozens of callers who had similar reactions...and I'm sure that if they knew I was black on the other end, they would have called me n*gger too...

Don't get me wrong, I made SURE to call a few back and told them that I KNOW WHO you are, I KNOW where you LIVE, and I'm gonna GET YOU...lol.

I've got a sort of "Devil's Advocate" towards things most times, but it IS what it IS.

Racism is NOT a 2 way street....you'd LIKE to BELIEVE it IS, but TRUST ME, it ain't.
sixxx 5:00 AM - 16 April, 2007
Why are you fellas arguing about who has been discrimated the most? We all have. I'm Mexican and I have been too, by Whites, Blacks and even Mexicans or Latins. So, stop bitching and complaining like little girls. Oh wait, maybe they discrimnated against you also for acting like little girls too? Phh!
DJ Michael Basic 5:47 AM - 16 April, 2007
The fact that this has become a debate of "I've been descriminated against more than you" speaks volumes about the very topic. All we're doing here is perpetuating the problem. As a Jew, I get my fair share of descrimination. The difference is, you can't just look at me and say, "He's jewish." (although I do have a big nose.) I watched Borat and thought it was funny as hell. If he wasn't a Jew, it'd still be funny as hell. What's sad is that because he's a Jew it's acceptable.

You've been descriminated against more than he's been descriminated against more than I've been descriminated against more than whoever the fuck. Doesn't matter. You want a Jewel dropped in this thread? Here it is right here. Read carefully, this is truth:

People are going to be racist 'til the end of time. It is human nature to dislike that which is different from you. The only way to truly stop racism towards you is to stop letting it effect you. It wasn't Imus that made those girls feel shitty, it was the fact that everybody got some up in arms about it instead of people just saying, "Haha, what a dipshit, they are gonna fire him for some shit that we don't even care about because what does some comment from some racist old dickbag have anything to do with us anyway?
DJ d.range 6:13 AM - 16 April, 2007
Quote:
Racism is NOT a 2 way street....you'd LIKE to BELIEVE it IS, but TRUST ME, it ain't.

you're right, its a 10-way street!!

borat calls black people "genuine chocolate face", "no make-up"-- he still has his job

Quote:
You've been descriminated against more than he's been descriminated against more than I've been descriminated against more than whoever the fuck. Doesn't matter.You want a Jewel dropped in this thread? Here it is right here. Read carefully, this is truth:

People are going to be racist 'til the end of time. It is human nature to dislike that which is different from you. The only way to truly stop racism towards you is to stop letting it effect you. It wasn't Imus that made those girls feel shitty, it was the fact that everybody got some up in arms about it instead of people just saying, "Haha, what a dipshit, they are gonna fire him for some shit that we don't even care about because what does some comment from some racist old dickbag have anything to do with us anyway?

-BONG

by the way, in regards to dropping jewls, i had know idea this was some sort of competition, or i would have put a lot more thought into it so i could "drop some jewls", too

to truly not be racist is to acknowledge our differences and look past them
djaction 1:24 PM - 16 April, 2007
Pretty much every race in america has been discriminated against HEAVILY.. i.e. one group emigrates to the u.s. and gets discriminated against.. once they grow in numbers they become the group discriminating against the next group and so on and so on..

Don't tell me the Irish didn't get it bad

upload.wikimedia.org

Or how during the Civil War both Irish and German immigrants were led right off the "boat" into the U.S. and into the Army Enlistment line at gunpoint..

Then theres slavery.. and where did all the Native Americans go?
Or how anyone who looks remotely Arabic is treated today..
But all of these pale in comparison to a 'nappy headed hoe' comment..

I repeat.. as of today.. BET is doing more damage to black culture than Don Imus.
tig ol' bitties 1:39 PM - 16 April, 2007
www.msnbc.msn.com

now Hip Hop is taking a hit cuz of this...Snoops comments are priceless though. hahahaha
DJJOHNNYM 2:05 PM - 16 April, 2007
Quote:
Why are you fellas arguing about who has been discrimated the most? We all have. I'm Mexican and I have been too, by Whites, Blacks and even Mexicans or Latins. So, stop bitching and complaining like little girls. Oh wait, maybe they discrimnated against you also for acting like little girls too? Phh!

Mexicans haven't had it as bad as Blacks. You wouldn't understand. It's a Black thing.
DJJOHNNYM 2:06 PM - 16 April, 2007
Quote:
The only way to truly stop racism towards you is to stop letting it effect you.

No, that's the equivalent of ignoring it. We've tried that, it doesn't work.
DJJOHNNYM 2:07 PM - 16 April, 2007
Quote:

I repeat.. as of today.. BET is doing more damage to black culture than Don Imus.

But it's the Don Imus' (rich white folk) who own the Corporations that let BET broadcast.
djaction 3:27 PM - 16 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

But it's the Don Imus' (rich white folk) who own the Corporations that let BET broadcast.

True. BET is owned by Viacom.. but as much as I want to blame white people for BET.. at the end of the day, as I said before.. The Yin Yang Twins, Young Joc, Dipset etc have only THEMSELVES to blame for the Shuckin and Jivin they do on BET.

They will do ANYTHING for money.. even sellout their culture.
DJJOHNNYM 4:03 PM - 16 April, 2007
Quote:

They will do ANYTHING for money.. even sellout their culture.

Man Listen, ANYBODY WILL DO ANYTHING for money. It's not limited to rappers.

Hell, a lot of people will do anything JUST TO BE ON TV.

Case in point....Jerry Springer.

The average American, if offered enough money will do ANYTHING. Name something that someone wouldn't do for the right price?
DJJOHNNYM 4:05 PM - 16 April, 2007
This point is especially strong with someone who never had anything, or came from a poor background. Money is no joke.
sixxx 4:06 PM - 16 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Mexicans haven't had it as bad as Blacks. You wouldn't understand. It's a Black thing.

Are you that ignorant that don't realize that it depends on WHERE YOU LIVE? Shiiit.
sixxx 4:06 PM - 16 April, 2007
.... and who you live amongst.
DJJOHNNYM 4:58 PM - 16 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Are you that ignorant that don't realize that it depends on WHERE YOU LIVE? Shiiit.

LOL...Stop trying to equate your struggles with ours....
DJJOHNNYM 5:00 PM - 16 April, 2007
No seriously, I have EMPATHY for anything you've gone thru, but our histories are different, and we react differently.

That whole "Just Get Over It" attitude doesn't solve anything, because nothing's being addressed.

I truly wish at LEAST the music aspect (and that's MAAADDD SELFISH), of this whole thing changes, because I'm tired of playing bullshit.
sixxx 5:03 PM - 16 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Who is trying to equate my struggles to yours? Expanding your little mind is far more accurate.
sixxx 5:04 PM - 16 April, 2007
Oh, and I agree... "just get over it" isn't the right answer either. But, ONLY complaining like a little girl doesn't do anything either.
DJ i-80 9:07 PM - 16 April, 2007
Quote:
Bigotry is bigotry. I think black people at large miss the point by only focusing on racism that's directed towards them.

I'm black, but I know hispanics and muslims that have had it WAY worse than I ever have (and one of the muslims is actually Irish). I've been pulled over maybe 10-11 times in my life, and at least 9 of them were for completely legit reasons (expired tags, speeding, tail light out, etc.). The blanket statement that "all black people have been discriminated against the most ever, ever" just isn't true, as blanket statements often aren't.

See, that's my point. That's why I said non-blacks and blacks who haven't experienced this type of hate won't understand.

My great-grandparents told me stories of slave masters and having to call all white people "Master" (even if you're grown and the white person is only 7 years old!!). So now hopefully when you're reading my posts, you'll understand my POV...

You've been pulled over only 10-11 times in your life??? I've been pulled over that many times in Rochelle Park alone. I have a friend that used to live there and I would have to park by Garden State Plaza and he would come get me and drive to his house so I can avoid getting stopped.

Speaking up when someone is trying to do/say wrong to you is not "bitching and complaining"....it's called being a MAN. As a black man, I will have something to say whenever someone shows hatred toward me or my friends/family (I'm good friends with one of the players from Rutgers). My great-grandmother, grand mother and mother were called names similar to "nappy-headed hoes" by white people and they "ignored" it. When does it stop? how much can a group of people take?? Someone has to stand up! If that's bitching, then call it that. But I don't live by the "turn the other cheek" creed.

Racism or Slavery: This was beginning to frustrate me, but I can't expect everyone to comprehend this. EVERY group of people in this country has experienced hate in some form or another. But no race, NOT ONE, experienced and continues to experience what black people experience. The native americans were befriended then betrayed by early settlers, yes. But blacks weren't befriended! Blacks weren't even seen as human! This country was built on the backs of my ancestors, and all we were promised (and we're still waiting) was 40 acres and a mule! Back in 2000-2001, the US was a big part of the German reparations for holocaust survivors, and the Holocaust didn't even happen in THIS COUNTRY! (Not to make light of the holocaust, but I'm not Jewish.) Still, I will never tell a Native American or Jew or Irishman or anybody to stop bitchin or get over it. The only people that want to forget about the holocaust and slavery are people responsible for it or people who couldn't give 2 sh*ts about what they went through.

I challenge everyone in this forum to talk to the eldest person in your family, and I'd bet my equipment that you can get stories about your homeland (Ireland, Italy, Isreal, China, Japan, etc.) Any black person in here, who's grandparents were born in this country, don't waste your time!

I know my ancestors were from Africa, but I couldn't begin to tell you where. To me, nothing's worse than that!
DJ i-80 9:38 PM - 16 April, 2007
Quote:
lets be clear, you do NOT need to hold a position of power to be racist. a racist is a racist.

Technically, correct. Anyone can be a racist. But not anyone can inflict the type of damage that a person in power could. If you and I were the biggest racists in the world and we were locked in one room together, and I had a gun and you didn't, who would you say could be the more 'effective' racist?

Yes there is a level of effectiveness to many things in life. We all know (but probably don't want to admit) that white people hold most of the "power" in this country. You can define power as money! Money gets you property/land ownership, political influence, and privilege. If someone has a more significant amount of money then me, they can hurt me more than I can hurt them.

If I told Bill Gates that I hated all white people, he could buy the company I work for, and fire me (I'm not saying he's THAT petty, but he could if he wanted to). If he told me that he hated all black people, all I could do is punch him in the face (and of course get thrown under the jail, but I'm not saying that I'M that petty).

Of course that's an extreme example, but I'm just trying to put it into perspective.
DJ d.range 1:21 AM - 17 April, 2007
Quote:

Quote:

and you are not in the position to determine what is "effectively" racist to anyone but yourself

damn, man stop thinking you know what its like from other peoples perspective--you don't

you could NEVER understand how mexicans have had it, its a mexican thing
Quote:
However, once I left home and went to college, the world I found was VERY different from the one that they described

exactly...some people here need to look past their noses, there's a whole world out there

Quote:

If I told Bill Gates that I hated all white people, he could buy the company I work for, and fire me (I'm not saying he's THAT petty, but he could if he wanted to). If he told me that he hated all black people, all I could do is punch him in the face (and of course get thrown under the jail, but I'm not saying that I'M that petty).

i get your point,but, to play devils advocate,oprah could do the same(not that she ever would)
DJ i-80 2:40 AM - 17 April, 2007
I'm not trying to speak for the entire black race. But what happened in the past DID effect the entire race. I'm stating fact. Am I saying that every black person is angry at what Imus said, no. What I am trying to do is tell the people who think some of us shouldn't be this upset why we are. Again, I'm not speaking for all black people, I'm only speaking for the ones that experienced, first hand, that racism against black people.

I know you stated that the racism you experienced isn't "enough of a driving force in my life to justify using it as a defining characteristic of my being", and I almost envy you. I don't define myself by those characteristics, others do or try to. That's why I get upset when I hear comments like the ones made by Imus. I don't define my characteristic as a "big-nose N-word". I don't define myself as a "porch-monkey". I don't define myself as "another damn rapper talking n-word nonsense". Each of those terms were used to define me by white people. I don't try to be some militant, black panther wannabe, kill whitey type person. But I don't "let things go" when i'm attacked (mentally or physically). That's just the human nature of man. Someone hits you, you hit back. But if you don't realize you're being hit, then that's a big problem!

Power? Power? Money is power in this country! Money is god in this country! I don't care what you instill in your children or what your parents instill in you. I don't care what you learn in school or what you teach in school. Money rules this country! That's not a matter of opinion. That's fact! My parents' power of influence can only last but so long. When I got old enough to make my own decisions (paying my own bills), I didn't follow some of their teachings that I felt were negative. But the power of wealth, the power of commerce in this country, will never subside. Imus was going to be fine until people threatened the commerce of the sponsors. Imus made a lot of money for CBS, but the sponsors made more! They didn't fire Imus because they were afraid of black people. They fired him because they were afraid of losing the almighty dollar! The same with the NBA. David Stern was on the verge of losing corporate sponsors, so he implemented a dress code. Not because he wanted to see tall men in suits, but because he wanted to appease the corporations who brought in the almight dollar.

Not every black person is going to face the things I've faced in my life, I know that. I've just faced enough of it to know that these aren't just isolated incidences, but that there is a vast number of people who don't like me 'cause I'm not like them. I don't approach life from a confrontational racial angle. But when life approaches me like that, I don't pretend that it's not there.....I take a stand.
DJ d.range 2:59 AM - 17 April, 2007
money.power.respect.

1st you get the money, than you get the power, then these cowards(corporate america) will respect you, sad but true...only problem is you need a LOT of money, more than oprah, or obama
DJ Michael Basic 3:23 AM - 17 April, 2007
When your entire arguement consists of, "My grandparents told me stories about..." you lose my interest. My grandparents were holocost survivors. You want stories? How about a slaughter of 6,000,000 people. Those were the people that had it good for the most part. Torture, experiments that you don't see in the most graphic horror movies, brother forced to kill sister, mother forced to kill child. People being buried alive. Don't forget who sold the slaves to the americans and brazillians in the first place...who was it? Oh yea, other black people.

You won't win any, "my ancestors had it worse than yours" arguements with me...but who gives a shit? What does that have to do with today? Well, let's see...

You say you get pulled over more in certain areas...that's certainly true, and it's bullshit...but I'll tell you what. Call me a racist, but if I see a Navigator on 22s with spinners, 9 times out of 10 who's in the car. Nothing wrong with that...but...I get pulled over a lot too. Why? I drive a bright yellow car with a carbon fiber hood, modified exhaust etc. I'm white, I get pulled over a lot. Call attention to yourself and you'll get pulled over.

I could go on all day about situations I deal with on the day to day, as a resident of Los Angeles, one of the most ethnically diverse places in America, that people view as racist, but I see as someone perpetuating a stereotype.

That's the point, and that's what this is all about. Perpetuation of a stereotype. Lemme ask you this...I know I won't get an honest answer, but I'll pose the question anyway, because I find it interesting. I'm gonna use some strong stereotypes here, so don't get your panties in a bunch about it.

2 groups of people walk into a Korean owned liquor store. 1 is a black guy and a black girl. They are dressed in school clothes. Both have on white collored shirts, the guy has on navy blue slacks and the girl has on a navy blue skirt and knee socks. The second group is 3 white boys. They are wearing white tee shirts 3 sizes too big, baggy pants sagging below their ass cheeks, and hats turned to the side. The black people and the white people are all the same age. It could be any neighborhood, poor, middle class or rich. Who do you think the Korean store owner is going to keep his eye on the whole time they are in the store?
DJ Michael Basic 3:25 AM - 17 April, 2007
oh wait, I'm white...I don't know how bad black people have it. Everything above is invalid. Carry on.
sixxx 4:03 AM - 17 April, 2007
lol @ it's a black thing or a Mexican thing or whatever. It's a human thing. Really.
DJJOHNNYM 7:13 AM - 17 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Who is trying to equate my struggles to yours? Expanding your little mind is far more accurate.

Little mind? Man, stop with the noodle jabs. It's entertaining to sit and watch you try and talk up an oppressive state that you so want to attach yourself to. Sorry, that jobs been taken son. Beat it.
sixxx 7:14 AM - 17 April, 2007
lol... great job you have DJJOHNNYM... I bet you get minimum wage and no raises. :P
DJJOHNNYM 7:15 AM - 17 April, 2007
Quote:
Oh, and I agree... "just get over it" isn't the right answer either. But, ONLY complaining like a little girl doesn't do anything either.

The fact that you equate trying to have a debate about "Racism" to "complaining like a little girl" is exactly why Imus had to get the fuck off the radio. WHY? Because you just don't get it.

Imus is nothing more than a SMILING slave master in his head.
sixxx 7:16 AM - 17 April, 2007
You. Blah Blah Blah. Me. Hahahahaha.

Keep Blah Blah Blahing...

:)

You're entertaining to say the least.
DJJOHNNYM 7:19 AM - 17 April, 2007
Quote:
I've been pulled over maybe 10-11 times in my life, and at least 9 of them were for completely legit reasons (expired tags, speeding, tail light out, etc.).

The I guess you're part of the problem. I've been pulled over so many times that I would go an extra 1/2 hour out of my way to avoid racist towns whenever possible.

But gee, all my paperwork and stuff was in order. Every time. And I STILL got tickets.
DJJOHNNYM 7:20 AM - 17 April, 2007
Quote:
lol... great job you have DJJOHNNYM... I bet you get minimum wage and no raises. :P

No, doesn't your kind take those positions?
sixxx 7:23 AM - 17 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

My kind is intelligent people. We all have great jobs. That's MY kind. :P

Come on everyone!!! Let's feel sorry for DJJOHNNYM... oh poor little guy has had it sooooo bad.

Pleeeeease.
DJJOHNNYM 7:27 AM - 17 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My kind is intelligent people. We all have great jobs. That's MY kind. :P

Come on everyone!!! Let's feel sorry for DJJOHNNYM... oh poor little guy has had it sooooo bad.

Pleeeeease.

LOL...No I feel sorry for YOU. Because you have it worse than me, and nobody believes you.....

YOu need more people.
sixxx 7:29 AM - 17 April, 2007
I believe in ME. That's all I need to believe in.

Go back to feeling sorry for yourself.
sixxx 7:35 AM - 17 April, 2007
I'm going to educate you for a minute.

You can't compare struggles on basis of color/race or religion. You can only compare them to situations.

You see. You could be black and have the most wonderful life just as you could be Mexican or Chinese or whatever and have the most wonderful life... depending on where you live, your upbringing, your opportunities, your economic background, etc.

AND EVEN WITH ALL THAT, you also have to take into consideration opportunity and chances and just plain life and how unpredictable it can be.
DJJOHNNYM 1:34 PM - 17 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I've been pulled over maybe 10-11 times in my life, and at least 9 of them were for completely legit reasons (expired tags, speeding, tail light out, etc.).

The I guess you're part of the problem.

umm... I don't understand that at all. How does that make me "part of the problem"?

For you to be pulled over 10-11 times and at least 9 of them were for "completely legit" offenses, perpetuates the stereotypes that cops need to pull "US" over "just because".

Why don't you keep your tags registered? Why speed? (OK, THAT WAS EXTRA, BECAUSE WE ALL SPEED), but still...

There's no reason to be sloppy when "Driving While Black". I make an extra effort to stay clean, because they already have it out for me.

It's even worse when you have "Uncle Tom" Negroes in high positions trying to prove a point that they're better than your average black person.

Take for example, I got flagged at a "Check Point", you know, the ones behind that corner that has orange cones and no way out. Had a Black '93 Eagle Talon (nice).

Anyway, Black Supervisor in front of White Rookie tells me, "You are being flagged because you weren't wearing your seat belt. I saw you put the belt on across your lap as you approached"

I was like "Officer, you must be making a ...."

Then I realized that I better shut up, and just give him my paperwork, because that's ALL he's really interested in, and after he's found out I have no warrants and everything is clean, I can talk to him.

He runs my shit, comes back saying I need to keep my seat belt on. I reply that I had it on THE ENTIRE TIME.

He starts to grandstand a little bit in front of the rookie, and I finally say, "Officer, there is NO WAY THAT I HAD THE SEATBELT OFF before I got here, because, this vehicle is equipped with an AUTOMATIC SEAT BELT that closes AROUND ME when I close the door. There is NO WAY I could put the seatbelt on ACROSS MY LAP because the actual LATCH is at my shoulder. You would have seen me NOT reach across my lap, but UP ACROSS MY SHOULDER. And that was not the case."

He was pissed. And I left without further incident, but you see what I'm saying. Don't give them anything to look for.
john blaze 3:02 PM - 17 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

So, let me see, this bulletin started because of racism, and now you guys are saying racist shit to each other? Are you serious? You're just as bad as Imus now.

Comments like those above are part of the problem, not the solution.
DJJOHNNYM 4:56 PM - 17 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So, let me see, this bulletin started because of racism, and now you guys are saying racist shit to each other? Are you serious? You're just as bad as Imus now.

Ironic isn't it? Yeah I took the jab, but that was in response to his belittling "stop acting like a girl" remarks. It's typical sixxx syntax tho, so I'm not mad at him. I just realize sometimes it's hard to have a discussion with others without them running out of intelligent stuff to say, and resorting to taunts. Stevie Wonder could see this shit.
DJJOHNNYM 5:06 PM - 17 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

For you to be pulled over 10-11 times and at least 9 of them were for "completely legit" offenses, perpetuates the stereotypes that cops need to pull "US" over "just because".

Why don't you keep your tags registered? Why speed? (OK, THAT WAS EXTRA, BECAUSE WE ALL SPEED), but still...

Okay, before I get into this, a little background. I haven't had a speeding ticket since 1997. 7 of the 11 times I was pulled over were pre-'97 and date back to when I was 16 and first got my license. In '97 I got smart and decided that speeding wasn't worth the insurance points and court costs.

When my tag was expired (last year), it was because NC had just passed a law that you couldn't renew your tags until your vehicle taxes were paid. I didn't have the money to do both, so I took my chances and lost... twice. I went to court, explained the situation (both times), and they dropped the tickets.

That being said, I don't buy the "keep yourself ultra-clean in the name of blackness" thing at all; obviously you should keep yourself clean regardless. Unfortunately, occasional mistakes will be made, and as I said before, if you approach everything from a racial standpoint, it's all you're going to see. When I went to court, there were plenty of people there of all colors with similar offenses, many of them white teenagers. A LOT depends on where you live. I think I do just fine by keeping my record free of misdemeanors and felonies (not difficult; I'm what some people refer to as a "do-gooder").

What's funny is that I'm a "Do-Gooder" also. Have always kept to myself, (mostly because of DJ'ing and long hours of practice vs. being on the basketball court).

I wouldn't sweat the "keep yourself ultra clean" issue if it wasn't absolutely true. Like I said I worked for a Market Research Company that called all over the US. I've heard and experienced racism up close and personal. Even before I really knew it was affecting me.

Which of these is a bigger crime? Me getting pulled over in a hooptie with 2 of my black friends with DJ equipment in the car, getting ready to DJ a party at the college, and getting questioned for a 1/2 hour about what you boys are doing "in this area"?

or

Watching a white guy get pulled over because he has a chopped down Honda, with tinted windows, music blasting and going 6 miles over the speed limit?

What's funny is that I initially never took a "racial" standpoint against everything, and still don't do it with EVERYTHING, but I recognize it when I see it.

As a matter of fact, I thought I was one of the more openminded blacks, until I got lumped into somebody's perception of me, before I even spoke to them.

Racism is alive and well, and it means something completely different to blacks vs. Jews, vs. Mexicans vs. good ole' poor folk.

It is what it is.
sixxx 5:19 PM - 17 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ironic isn't it? Yeah I took the jab, but that was in response to his belittling "stop acting like a girl" remarks. It's typical sixxx syntax tho, so I'm not mad at him. I just realize sometimes it's hard to have a discussion with others without them running out of intelligent stuff to say, and resorting to taunts. Stevie Wonder could see this shit.

So I made you do something you didn't want to do? How gullible. :)
dj skraps 8:47 PM - 17 April, 2007

this guy is full of shit.
dj skraps 8:52 PM - 17 April, 2007
my bad...meant to quote his azz
DJJOHNNYM 10:01 PM - 17 April, 2007
Quote:

So I made you do something you didn't want to do? How gullible. :)

LMAO! No, I ENJOYED making the statement of "your kind" taking those "Types of JOB/POSITIONS". I wanted to say it...

**snicker***
DJJOHNNYM 10:07 PM - 17 April, 2007
Quote:
I agree 100%.

I hope this thread doesn't end up locked down...

It shouldn't because we should all be GROWN AZZ MEN having a discussion of a very combustable topic. That being said, there are gonna be some in here who are actually RACIST (Not saying that they've actually posted) and believe it with all their hearts, and those who are on the other end who loves everyone and everybody and thinks the world has a rainbow with a pot 'o gold at the end.

Then there are those in-between who have different opinions. The solution I'm sure is not going to be found here, but the discussion has to happen in order to fix it. Some people don't want it fixed. That's their opinion.

My job is to give you my opinion, and keep it moving. I might not change your mind, but at least you took the time to read it.

Now, sixxx, he's just an equal opportunity hater...doesn't matter what race you are....LMAO.
DJJOHNNYM 10:08 PM - 17 April, 2007
Quote:

this guy is full of shit.
Quote:
my bad...meant to quote his azz

That would me ME. And it's true!

Carry on.
sixxx 10:11 PM - 17 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
I agree 100%.

I hope this thread doesn't end up locked down...

It shouldn't because we should all be GROWN AZZ MEN having a discussion of a very combustable topic. That being said, there are gonna be some in here who are actually RACIST (Not saying that they've actually posted) and believe it with all their hearts, and those who are on the other end who loves everyone and everybody and thinks the world has a rainbow with a pot 'o gold at the end.

Then there are those in-between who have different opinions. The solution I'm sure is not going to be found here, but the discussion has to happen in order to fix it. Some people don't want it fixed. That's their opinion.

My job is to give you my opinion, and keep it moving. I might not change your mind, but at least you took the time to read it.

Now, sixxx, he's just an equal opportunity hater...doesn't matter what race you are....LMAO.

I only hate ignorant people... and you seem to fit the description. Carry on. :P
DJJOHNNYM 10:18 PM - 17 April, 2007
Quote:

I only hate ignorant people... and you seem to fit the description. Carry on. :P

You don't hate me, you want to be like me. I understand.
DJ d.range 10:20 PM - 17 April, 2007
Quote:
I don't buy the "keep yourself ultra-clean in the name of blackness"

i keep myself ultra-clean in the name of hip-hop

that is an excellent way of dealin with people...i use this frame of mind EVERY time i deal with cops...sometime i act like i'm scared and new to all this, sometimesi'm very respectful & accomidating, sometimes i'm downright rude, it all depends on the situation, and how severe the penalty might be

heres a tip that seems to work for me, when the cop asks me something that i'm guilty of, i look him right in the eye and say "honestly, sir . . .", and then lie to his face
sixxx 12:07 AM - 18 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

You don't hate me, you want to be like me. I understand.

lol

Actually, I don't hate anyone or they'll be dead. I think this whole thread is funny and in reality I don't take anything too seriously when it comes to message boards.

So, carry on.
DJ d.range 12:24 AM - 18 April, 2007
^^^^word you come across a lot of cyber thugs on forums^^^^
DJ Michael Basic 6:46 AM - 18 April, 2007
Macbook pros rhymes with Nappy Headed hoes. I bet you only like the white macbook pro you racist!
DJ Michael Basic 6:46 AM - 18 April, 2007
Black Macbook pros have it harder than white ones because of heat issues...and the police pull them over.
DJ d.range 7:29 AM - 18 April, 2007
only corporate america owns white macbooks...and ipods
DJJOHNNYM 6:02 PM - 18 April, 2007
Quote:
The black Macbook Pros have bigger hard drives ;)

Ok, that was funny.
DJ Michael Basic 7:45 PM - 18 April, 2007
I heard they run faster too.
Certified Quality Entertainment 7:53 PM - 18 April, 2007
Im sorry...but these last few posts were freakin halarious!
hahaha
DJ Michael Basic 2:42 AM - 19 April, 2007
Sorry dude, this is serious business. There's no such thing as jokes when it comes to black.
DJ Michael Basic 2:42 AM - 19 April, 2007
Macbooks...black macbooks!
DJ d.range 3:00 AM - 19 April, 2007
funny sh*t, i have a hp dv6000 15in wide screen, my brother has pretty much the same one but 17in... his is black, mine is white,but, the black one IS bigger...i try to get a pic
DJJOHNNYM 1:47 PM - 19 April, 2007
Quote:
funny sh*t, i have a hp dv6000 15in wide screen, my brother has pretty much the same one but 17in... his is black, mine is white,but, the black one IS bigger...i try to get a pic

Of course the black one is bigger....
DeezNotes 5:11 PM - 19 April, 2007
nik39 4:30 PM - 24 April, 2007
Quote:
Now SNOOP DOG is an idiot. But you know what? The media did GREAT by asking the king of "HOES AND BITCHES" what his take was, and actually, he couldn't say anything else without being a hypocrite. The truth is that he should have just kept his mouth shut.

We, as black people don't count as far as the DOLLAR is concerned when purchasing Rap Music.

That whiteboy in the midwest who went to Walgreens and put his money in their hand is who is financing hiphop.

Those who want to "peek" into the culture from the safety of their bedroom is who is funneling the money in, not black people.

What bunch of crap. Really.
nik39 4:31 PM - 24 April, 2007
Tired. And I even havent finished reading the whole thread.
DJJOHNNYM 5:09 PM - 24 April, 2007
Quote:

What bunch of crap. Really.

You should really research shit before you post. This is a known fact. Your azz is in Germany and is pretty much watching from the outside in.

Besides, I thought we agreed that you and I can't have a humanlike debate, so scram.
That Guy 1 2:35 AM - 25 April, 2007
White women call each other "nappy-headed --'s", too.
That Guy 1 2:36 AM - 25 April, 2007
Quote:
Tired. And I even havent finished reading the whole thread.

nik, stop starting-up trouble! ... or I'll send you back to traffic duty, officer!
nik39 9:18 AM - 25 April, 2007
Quote:
You should really research shit before you post. This is a known fact.

That's a known fact just like the music industry pressed vinyls with intrumentals and accapellas not for DJ's but for blind people who cant read the lyrics therefor have to listen to the accapellas to understand the lyrics better. Retarded.

I told my lady your story (she is "nappy headed" btw) and she couldn't stop laughing.

"Black people IN GENERAL do NOT like today's "HipHop" music."
What a crap. "Black people in GENERAL". What's that supposed to mean?

Quote:
But we are not the ones controlling what is being played.

"We are not...controlling". Don't fucking display all black people as victims. This is a bunch of crap.

Do you think 50cent sells his music to "white" people only?

So because I live in Germany I can't participate in that discussion? Puhhlease. Not everyone is narrow minded like ... some have actual sense of empathy.

Your arguments are retarded, anyone with a little common sense knows that.
DJJOHNNYM 1:01 PM - 25 April, 2007
Quote:

Do you think 50cent sells his music to "white" people only?

Your arguments are retarded, anyone with a little common sense knows that.

Yep. The MAJORITY of black people DO NOT BUY songs by 50 cent. They download or get them from the bootleg man instead. What part of that don't you understand NikJr?

Oh, I get it, this is GrownUp Talk, and you can't interpret. It's ok, go run along and play in traffic, and let us adults finish this conversation.

I see that partial abortion didn't work on you, you're still breathing.
That Guy 1 2:44 PM - 25 April, 2007
Johnny: like most people, you're not going to get far with nik by badgering him.
DJJOHNNYM 2:45 PM - 25 April, 2007
Quote:
Johnny: like most people, you're not going to get far with nik by badgering him.

I'm not badgering her. I'm just responding to posts in my thread.
sixxx 2:55 PM - 25 April, 2007
What are we arguing about again? I'm too tired to read this morning.
sixxx 4:23 PM - 25 April, 2007
^^ Aaah. So that's where we are. :)

Cool. I wonder what midgets buy. Anyone has any stats on that? Thanks.
DJJOHNNYM 5:07 PM - 25 April, 2007
Quote:
I can't tell exactly, but I think broad sweeping generalizations regarding the buying habits of black people are at the new topic du jour.

All I can say is the argument needs more statistics. Nobody (or at least nobody who can think for themselves) is going to take the word of someone on a message board who claims to know the buying habits of an entire race, especially when they don't provide statistics to back up their claims.

I'll let that one slide my brotha.
nik39 5:27 PM - 25 April, 2007
Quote:
Yep. The MAJORITY of black people DO NOT BUY songs by 50 cent. They download or get them from the bootleg man instead.

So what? Does every black human being count as a hiphop listener thus potential 50cent buyer?

And what about the white ones? They do not download and get them from the bootleg man? As you dont like 50 cent, are you saying white people are not clever enough to download them and get them from the bootleg man?

Man... you don't have any clue. Ease down with the generalizations.

Quote:
I can't tell exactly, but I think broad sweeping generalizations regarding the buying habits of black people are at the new topic du jour.

All I can say is the argument needs more statistics. Nobody (or at least nobody who can think for themselves) is going to take the word of someone on a message board who claims to know the buying habits of an entire race, especially when they don't provide statistics to back up their claims.

Exactly. Thats why statements like...

Quote:

... are completely dumb.
dj skraps 10:19 PM - 25 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

double-word up
AKIEM 10:25 PM - 25 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

double-word up

too bad it has to even be pointed out
DJ d.range 10:43 PM - 25 April, 2007
Quote:
Yep. The MAJORITY of black people DO NOT BUY songs by 50 cent. They download or get them from the bootleg man instead. What part of that don't you understand NikJr?

...from what i see, the majority of black people don't buy ANY cd'ds unless they're bootlegged
DJJOHNNYM 12:39 AM - 26 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

...from what i see, the majority of black people don't buy ANY cd'ds unless they're bootlegged

This is exactly my point. But watch out, you being black doesn't give any credence to the argument.
DJJOHNNYM 12:46 AM - 26 April, 2007
Quote:

And what about the white ones? They do not download and get them from the bootleg man? As you dont like 50 cent, are you saying white people are not clever enough to download them and get them from the bootleg man?

Man... you don't have any clue. Ease down with the generalizations.

Ummm....what ABOUT the white ones? I'm not concerned about them and their downloading habits. How about I know about the downloading habits of the race that I'm a part of.

And as for the generalizations, just because your brain is too limited in scope to process something while we're having "Grown Up" talk, you shouldn't categorize it as "completely dumb", just because you completely don't get it.

Don't you have an AIDS test to take? I hope you have a positive outlook!
AKIEM 1:27 AM - 26 April, 2007
I see Black people buy CDs.

and I see white people buy bootlegs
J_Static 7:19 AM - 26 April, 2007
This subject was dead in the water when it hit CNN......

I'm not a racist BUT: WHITE CORPORATE AMERICA IS AFRAID OF IT'S OWN SHADOW......

THE FCC finally let the word "b*tch" run freely on the radio and so on, so what's the big deal with an old man like Imus expressing his FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS.....

Oh and if you listen to the entire clip, after he calls them "Nappy-Headed Hoes," he calls them JIGGABOOS......

Ughhhh people last time I checked, JIGGABOO is more racial than NAPPYHEADED or HOE!!!!

Any one can be Nappyheaded, and anyone can be a HOE, REGARDLESS OF RACE, SEX, ETC.

Those female Bball players need to get a GRIP and concentrate on their game instead of an old man commenting on them.......
DJJOHNNYM 8:35 AM - 26 April, 2007
Quote:

Those female Bball players need to get a GRIP and concentrate on their game instead of an old man commenting on them.......

That statement is even more ignorant than NikJrs...

So these girls who were playing basketball and not bothering anybody, need to get a GRIP because someone who doesn't even know them called them Nappy Headed Hoes on a national radio show?

You sound like you're blaming the girls for Imus getting fired. Typical.
DJJOHNNYM 8:35 AM - 26 April, 2007
Quote:

So, you're black, I'm black... what did I wear today?

The same thing I wore.
nik39 9:21 AM - 26 April, 2007
Quote:
just because you completely don't get it.

Dude, you're constantly contradicting yourself. Don't you see it?

This is really amusing man :)

Quote:
I'm not concerned about them and their downloading habits. How about I know about the downloading habits of the race that I'm a part of.

Wow. You must really have your head stuck in somewhere. And you have the guts to call *me* ignorant?

So you only know about the download habbits of "your own" race? lol. You probably took the wrong job being a dj, comedian is prolly a better choice.
DJ Michael Basic 10:13 AM - 26 April, 2007
I don't believe it...I actually STRONGLY agree with nik on this one.

I think Johnny has a telepathic link to all of his brethren.
DJJOHNNYM 11:48 AM - 26 April, 2007
Quote:

So you only know about the download habbits of "your own" race? lol. You probably took the wrong job being a dj, comedian is prolly a better choice.

No, actually your parents were the pranksters, and now the rest of the world has to suffer.
DJJOHNNYM 11:49 AM - 26 April, 2007
Quote:
I think Johnny has a telepathic link to all of his brethren.

Now you get it.
AKIEM 7:01 PM - 26 April, 2007
Quote:

I'm not a racist BUT: WHITE CORPORATE AMERICA IS AFRAID OF IT'S OWN SHADOW......

THE FCC finally let the word "b*tch" run freely on the radio and so on, so what's the big deal with an old man like Imus expressing his FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS.....

<<<Those are not his first amendment rights>>>

He was an employee or under contract. his conduct was governed by his bosses, who dont like advertisers pulling out because thats how they make money. his first amendment rights ended when he signed the contract and came in the building.

[actually he still had them, as he was only fired, and not arrested by the government]

Quote:

Oh and if you listen to the entire clip, after he calls them "Nappy-Headed Hoes," he calls them JIGGABOOS......

Ughhhh people last time I checked, JIGGABOO is more racial than NAPPYHEADED or HOE!!!!

Thats true, I hadnt even heard that, and that just makes it worse. If I was his boss, I would have, walked in the studio, punched that old guy in his face and run him naked from the building.

Quote:

Any one can be Nappyheaded, and anyone can be a HOE, REGARDLESS OF RACE, SEX, ETC.

you are wrong about that. and it was obvious what he was talking about especially if he went on to call them 'jiggaboo'

Quote:

They didnt start the hoopla, if Im not mistaken, they were silent. secondly, this is ameriaca, if any of them dont want to concentrate on a ball game that is their own fucking business.

and how do you know they cant both concentrate on their game, AND do something about Imus?

I guess if it where you, if some old guy was slinging whatever type of epithets toward you on the radio you would just be a good little boy and go play your cds without a peep.
DJJOHNNYM 7:57 PM - 26 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

<<<Those are not his first amendment rights>>>

He was an employee or under contract. his conduct was governed by his bosses, who dont like advertisers pulling out because thats how they make money. his first amendment rights ended when he signed the contract and came in the building.

[actually he still had them, as he was only fired, and not arrested by the government]

Quote:

Thats true, I hadnt even heard that, and that just makes it worse. If I was his boss, I would have, walked in the studio, punched that old guy in his face and run him naked from the building.

Quote:

you are wrong about that. and it was obvious what he was talking about especially if he went on to call them 'jiggaboo'

Quote:

They didnt start the hoopla, if Im not mistaken, they were silent. secondly, this is ameriaca, if any of them dont want to concentrate on a ball game that is their own fucking business.

and how do you know they cant both concentrate on their game, AND do something about Imus?

I guess if it where you, if some old guy was slinging whatever type of epithets toward you on the radio you would just be a good little boy and go play your cds without a peep.

You are starting to redeem yourself....

That is absolutely correct about that First Amendments Rights bullshit...

He can stand out in the middle of the street and sing The Nappy Headed Hoe song till he's blue in the face....but just like you said, when you work for a company, and sign an agreement to be under them, your "Free Amendments" go right out that door. You basically agree to publicly not say anything that may disagree with whatever standards they have for employment. You have to pretend he was sitting in the "workplace" and his BLACK "co-workers" were offended, (actually that's what happened also), and they reported his azz to HR, and since he had a previous record of doing it, he was a wrap.

Good for dat azz.
nik39 9:09 PM - 26 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

No, actually your parents were the pranksters, and now the rest of the world has to suffer.

Ryte. So as usual your arguments are weak, but now you are actually realizing it, and your only shot is to get at my parents.

Dude. You know that is even more retarded.
AKIEM 9:26 PM - 26 April, 2007
Quote:

nah cuz, I never fell off in the first place

Quote:

He can stand out in the middle of the street and sing The Nappy Headed Hoe song till he's blue in the face....but just like you said, when you work for a company, and sign an agreement to be under them, your "Free Amendments" go right out that door. You basically agree to publicly not say anything that may disagree with whatever standards they have for employment. You have to pretend he was sitting in the "workplace" and his BLACK "co-workers" were offended, (actually that's what happened also), and they reported his azz to HR, and since he had a previous record of doing it, he was a wrap.

Good for dat azz.

ACTUALLY, Imus First Amendment Rights are in full effect and were never thrown out the window. He was not arrested. You dont loose your First Amendment Rights when you sign a private contract. The government didnt fire Imus.
Steve_Dub 9:34 PM - 26 April, 2007
For those that DO find this subject funny, Tittsworth did a BMORE version using Imus saying "nappy headed ho's" I think I might drop it tomorrow night and see if I piss anyone off.
DJ Michael Basic 10:42 PM - 26 April, 2007
I played it last friday and got a laugh.
Dj KaGeN 10:44 PM - 26 April, 2007
I need a video for it.
DJJOHNNYM 12:48 AM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ryte. So as usual your arguments are weak, but now you are actually realizing it, and your only shot is to get at my parents.

Damn she should have swallowed....
DJJOHNNYM 12:52 AM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

nah cuz, I never fell off in the first place

Quote:

Good for dat azz.

ACTUALLY, Imus First Amendment Rights are in full effect and were never thrown out the window. He was not arrested. You dont loose your First Amendment Rights when you sign a private contract. The government didnt fire Imus.

Imus' First Amendment rights include his right to call someone a nappy headed hoe. He still has that right...but not on company time. You can and WILL be FIRED for making racial remarks at the workplace. Hell, sometimes, if you're at a gathering OUTSIDE OF THE JOBPLACE, but are among CO-W0RKERS and SAY something RACIALLY MOTIVATED, that makes someone else uncomfortable, you can report them to HR even though you aren't at work.

When you sign with a company, it's THEIR RULES. Period. As a matter of fact, most companies have you sign an "AT WILL" clause that will allow them to FIRE YOU for whatever reason, or no "Reason" at all, "At Will".

So, his First Amendment rights weren't taken away, he broke his company's policy.
DJJOHNNYM 12:54 AM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
For those that DO find this subject funny, Tittsworth did a BMORE version using Imus saying "nappy headed ho's" I think I might drop it tomorrow night and see if I piss anyone off.

I heard it. Real fucked up, but hey, it's "Free Speech"....

But then again, you could be banned for sharing it on here....RIGHT?
AKIEM 12:57 AM - 27 April, 2007
aka his rights didnt "go right out the door"

aka its not a 1st AM issue

its funny how saying the same thing can still be an argument
DJ d.range 1:16 AM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This is exactly my point. But watch out, you being black doesn't give any credence to the argument.

ummmmmmmm...who said i was black??
DJ d.range 1:18 AM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

how is it free speech to play the "nappy headed hoes remix", but not freedom of speech when imus says it... double standard??
That Guy 1 1:47 AM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
Imus getting fired was not a violation of his 1st amendment rights. Case closed.

*bump*

Hearing that Imus used the 'J'-word really closed the coffin.
Steve_Dub 2:46 AM - 27 April, 2007
i didnt "share" anything but the fact that the track exist.
nik39 9:52 AM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

*hovering over report button*

DJJONNYM, you know you have already been warned by a moderator not to break the forum rules.
DJJOHNNYM 2:37 PM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ummmmmmmm...who said i was black??

Whoops, I thought you were DJ d:range
DJJOHNNYM 2:41 PM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You don't get it. It's "Free Speech" to play the "Nappy" song on ya boombox outside. You can play it in your car. Or hell, you can even play it in ya iPod. But guess what? You might get FIRED for playing it IN A CLUB that has it's OWN SET OF RULES...Just like TV and RADIO has it's OWN SET OF RULES....

Y'all tryin' to act dumb. Some things can be "Rated" and deemed unsuitable for certain age groups, thus TV & MOVIE RATINGS....so basically you could produce a SEX SHOW with all types of sex, but don't get the shit to be picked up by Nickelodeon. Maybe the PLAYBOY channel or some shit, if anything....

Stop actin' like y'all don't know what laws are made for.

how is it free speech to play the "nappy headed hoes remix", but not freedom of speech when imus says it... double standard??
DJJOHNNYM 2:42 PM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
(sigh!) To re-iterate what has already been stated numerous times by numerous people in this thread:

"Free Speech" in the constitution refers to restricting the GOVERNMENT'S ability to exact retribution on someone for saying something. That's IT. Private companies can do whatever they want, up to & including terminating the employee in question (which is what happened in this case).

Imus getting fired was not a violation of his 1st amendment rights. Case closed.

This is true. MY BROTHA!
DJJOHNNYM 2:46 PM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
i didnt "share" anything but the fact that the track exist.

Quote:
I might drop it tomorrow night and see if I piss anyone off.

You know what, you're right, I thought when you meant that you might "drop it tomorrow night", meant that you would drop it "HERE".

My apologies, for mistaking that you'd do something so stupid here to get you banned, but then again, you wanting to actually do it AT A LIVE CROWN, should get you shot.

Tell us how it goes!
DJJOHNNYM 2:49 PM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

DJJONNYM, you know you have already been warned by a moderator not to break the forum rules.

Oh, you mean the same rules that YOU constantly TOE THE LINE WITH by calling my posts "stupid, dumb, and retarded"?

So yeah, you're right, no she shouldn't have swallowed, she should have GARGLED FIRST, SWISHED YOU AROUND A FEW TIMES, AND THEN SWALLOWED.

Why are you in my thread anyway? I thought we agreed that you weren't on my level of debate?

There is a Kindergarten Serato class out there that has a Messageboard waiting for your application for cop forum!

Find it.
DJJOHNNYM 4:19 PM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
Oh geez... <steps away from thread and gets popcorn>

No need for popcorn, nothing to see here, move along....lol.
J_Static 7:37 PM - 27 April, 2007
U GUYS ARE TRIPPIN....

JohnnyM - I don't blame the girls for getting IMUS fired, I never knew who the old man was till this issue was BLOWN WAY OUT OF CONTEXT......Did dude deserve to get fired, MAYBE?

We have senators and other political officials saying things and they don't get this type of coverage, but when you involve Al Sharpton and his bunch then everyone jumps on the BANDWAGON and a huge FIRE STARTS.......

Yea, IMUS started this, but I've heard worse from Howard Stern & other jocks etc.

Akiem- To be quite honest with you, I WOULD BE QUIET AND NOT CARE ABOUT WHAT THAT OLD MAN SAID ABOUT ME, remember the old saying: "Sticks and Stones may break my bones, but WORDS WILL NEVER HURT ME...."

Seems AMERICA is tripping over words now more than ever!!! AND AGAIN ANYONE CAN BE CALLED A NAPPY-HEADED HOE......It's JIGGABOO that is connected to the African American groups due to history of that word......

Honestly I just added my 2 cents about this subject because I'm tired of things being blown out of porportion about things like this when we have other MAJOR MORE IMPORTANT ISSUES.

PS Akiem & JohnnyM - Those girls may have been quiet about it at first, but when they saw how much coverage it was getting, they came out like: "OH WE SO DISTRAGHT, AND BLAH BLAH BLAH"

They did that sh*t for media coverage and EXPOSURE.....Get the American people behind you and you turn into a HOT COMMIDITY

Oh and Akiem, I don't play CD's......I use Serato and I'm a Vinyl Conservationist
Thundercat 8:04 PM - 27 April, 2007
Read the well written article in the April 23rd Sports Illustrated about the incident. Then you will understand a bit more about the girls' perspective as well as their response.

My opinion hasn't much changed since the beginning. I don't think his actions warranted his firing, and he would not have been fired if the big money sponsors had not bailed on him.

However, I still say that'll teach him to f@%k with some Jersey girls. ;-)
J_Static 8:05 PM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
I don't think his actions warranted his firing, and he would not have been fired if the big money sponsors had not bailed on him.

2nd that!
DJJOHNNYM 8:06 PM - 27 April, 2007
The question of someone "being quiet" about this in the beginning is totally objective. It is agreed that the media put this on Front Street, but how would we "know" what the girls were "feeling", unless the media conveyed it?

Is it possible to summise that the girls were "quiet" because the media hadn't focused on them in detail at that time? Could it be that somebody told the girls to STFU before they get in front of the cameras and say something that they will/would regret?

The second this hit the news, the people who pull the strings to make for "Good TV" stepped in.

It's very possible that the girls wanted to be like "FUCK YOU", but were curtailed by the coach, school, parents, lawyers, and everybody who knew this could be the beginning of a Modern Day Discrimination suit.

Imagine if the girls came out and said "Fuck You Imus"....this story would be dead already....true?

The fact that they were "forgiving" gives this story the ability to open up a dialogue of a subject that is always ignored.
DJJOHNNYM 8:07 PM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
I don't think his actions warranted his firing, and he would not have been fired if the big money sponsors had not bailed on him.

2nd that!

Nope! We needed this one....

Haven't had a feather in our cap since OJ.
J_Static 8:24 PM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
The question of someone "being quiet" about this in the beginning is totally objective. It is agreed that the media put this on Front Street, but how would we "know" what the girls were "feeling", unless the media conveyed it?

Is it possible to summise that the girls were "quiet" because the media hadn't focused on them in detail at that time? Could it be that somebody told the girls to STFU before they get in front of the cameras and say something that they will/would regret?

The second this hit the news, the people who pull the strings to make for "Good TV" stepped in.

It's very possible that the girls wanted to be like "FUCK YOU", but were curtailed by the coach, school, parents, lawyers, and everybody who knew this could be the beginning of a Modern Day Discrimination suit.

Imagine if the girls came out and said "Fuck You Imus"....this story would be dead already....true?

The fact that they were "forgiving" gives this story the ability to open up a dialogue of a subject that is always ignored.

I 2nd u on this one Johnny, but the we needed this/O.J. comment, NEGATIVE
AKIEM 8:36 PM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

2nd that!

please

fuck a feather
DJ d.range 8:57 PM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
I don't blame the girls for getting IMUS fired

the girls had nothing to do with imus getting fired, it was ALL al sharpton-he didn't even meet with the girls

what about the fact that in the same breathe as the "nappy headed hoes" remark, he commented that the mostly black TN team "looked all cute" . . . howcome nobody will comment on this???
Thundercat 9:21 PM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
the girls had nothing to do with imus getting fired, it was ALL al sharpton-he didn't even meet with the girls

It wasn't Sharpton either. The big money started pulling out before slick Al could even get his feet wet. The crazy Reverend tag-team duo are about as effective as the Keystone Cops. You know there's a problem around somewhere but they always seem to get in their own way. Once you get past the cop uniforms, you quickly realize they're just a couple of clowns.
DJJOHNNYM 9:21 PM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:

I 2nd u on this one Johnny, but the we needed this/O.J. comment, NEGATIVE

Quote:

please

fuck a feather

LOL, looks like I won't get the popular vote with that comment...huh...lmao.
DJJOHNNYM 9:25 PM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
I don't blame the girls for getting IMUS fired

Y'all give Rev. Al too much credit...And as a matter of fact, his presence actually may have taken away from the seriousness of this issue...

Imus just said some archaic shit in a new millenium...the fact that he's done it before was the deal breaker.

HE PISSED OFF HIS ACTUAL PEERS THAT HE WORKS WITH - You can't make a statement like that ABOUT black people, and expect to work ALONG SIDE THEM...

He fucked up. So what? He's got a trillion dollars, will write a book, and make more money....

Meanwhile the Rutgers' girls are getting hate mail...

Who made out better?
DJ d.range 9:30 PM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
what about the fact that in the same breathe as the "nappy headed hoes" remark, he commented that the mostly black TN team "looked all cute" . . . howcome nobody will comment on this???
DJJOHNNYM 9:31 PM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Ummm.....because they were LIGHTSKINNED, thus closer to WHITE...so he liked them.
DJ d.range 9:33 PM - 27 April, 2007
gimmie a break
DJJOHNNYM 9:36 PM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
gimmie a break

Hey, you ASKED....

The truth hurts sometimes...

[Warner Wolf's Voice] Let's Go to the VIDEO TAPE! [/Warner Wolf's Voice]
AKIEM 9:46 PM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:

Akiem- To be quite honest with you, I WOULD BE QUIET AND NOT CARE ABOUT WHAT THAT OLD MAN SAID ABOUT ME, remember the old saying: "Sticks and Stones may break my bones, but WORDS WILL NEVER HURT ME...."

true, but the intent will stab you in the back.

its not the words, its the intent of the words.

there are some people who need ass whoppings to get shit through their head. its usually skinheads, but there is plenty of room for other people to get some too

me, I know exactly who I am, slinging any type words at me wont change that. BUT, if you come at me with fighting words, you must want to fight.

those were fighting words

Quote:

Seems AMERICA is tripping over words now more than ever!!! AND AGAIN ANYONE CAN BE CALLED A NAPPY-HEADED HOE......It's JIGGABOO that is connected to the African American groups due to history of that word......

yes, anyone can be called any name you want.
but would you really make an insurance commercial that says "so easy a therapist can do it?

"nappy" describes the uncombed state of a certain texture of hair. Not coincidently that hair texture predominantly sits on the heads of people of African descent. And not coincidently the team is composed predominantly of females of African descent.

take a blond white guy with a short hair cut, call him a "nappy headed ho", its like whatever stud that shit means nothing, why would you say it?

secondly (I didnt hear him say it but) he was probably meant to be mocking as well a insulting. its a well know phrase within Af-Am culture. by him saying not only is its original insult but is also mockery

Quote:

Honestly I just added my 2 cents about this subject because I'm tired of things being blown out of porportion about things like this when we have other MAJOR MORE IMPORTANT ISSUES.

with that I can agree. or myabe it is getting the right amount of coverage, its just that other issues are being ignored

Quote:

PS Akiem & JohnnyM - Those girls may have been quiet about it at first, but when they saw how much coverage it was getting, they came out like: "OH WE SO DISTRAGHT, AND BLAH BLAH BLAH"

They did that sh*t for media coverage and EXPOSURE.....Get the American people behind you and you turn into a HOT COMMIDITY

so?

Quote:

Oh and Akiem, I don't play CD's......I use Serato and I'm a Vinyl Conservationist

oh
AKIEM 10:00 PM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

2nd that!

er, so you guys would keep him on as all sponsorship drys to zero? whos going to write the mans check?
dj skraps 10:03 PM - 27 April, 2007
Dang....this is going on a lot longer that i thought it would....TV/radio has even thrown this shit on the back burner....Let it go fellas...let it go!! the old man will be dead in about a yr or so
DJ d.range 10:04 PM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
gimmie a break

Hey, you ASKED....

i don't think thats the truth, i think its your opinion
DJJOHNNYM 10:08 PM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
gimmie a break

Hey, you ASKED....

i don't think thats the truth, i think its your opinion

My opinion, most often than not...

is the thruth...
sixxx 10:11 PM - 27 April, 2007
Is it truth or truf? lol
dj skraps 10:12 PM - 27 April, 2007
aint dat da truf!
DJ d.range 10:14 PM - 27 April, 2007
funny, i think the same about my opinion
J_Static 12:12 AM - 28 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

2nd that!

please

fuck a feather

2nd that Akiem
J_Static 12:15 AM - 28 April, 2007
Akiem I like you, you seem to have some FIYAH and you agree to disagree......

Props
Dj KaGeN 8:24 PM - 28 April, 2007
this is still going? the news even gave up on this...

old ass got shit canned - the end.
nik39 1:29 PM - 30 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh, you mean the same rules that YOU constantly TOE THE LINE WITH by calling my posts "stupid, dumb, and retarded"?

So yeah, you're right, no she shouldn't have swallowed, she should have GARGLED FIRST, SWISHED YOU AROUND A FEW TIMES, AND THEN SWALLOWED.

Why are you in my thread anyway? I thought we agreed that you weren't on my level of debate?

Your arguments are stupid, dumb and retarded. Several times I have explained why this is a fact. I am not breaching the rules of this board by repeating this.

Let me remind you once again, you have been already warned by the moderators b/c you were breaching the forum rules.

---

The point that you come back with your sexual fantasies just shows your lack of inability to come back with some real arguments. You've just proved it once again. Congratulations.
DJJOHNNYM 1:48 PM - 30 April, 2007
Quote:

Your arguments are stupid, dumb and retarded. Several times I have explained why this is a fact. I am not breaching the rules of this board by repeating this.

Let me remind you once again, you have been already warned by the moderators b/c you were breaching the forum rules.

---

The point that you come back with your sexual fantasies just shows your lack of inability to come back with some real arguments. You've just proved it once again. Congratulations.

Again, you categorizing my arguments as stupid, dumb and retarded only mimic the mindframe that your spermdoners and recepticles were in when they accidently conceived you. And SURE you are BREACHING THE RULES because you are "Not Being Nice" to others (me), when you make statements like that....

So, everytime you slide something slick into these threads, I will continue to underline them and bring them to the forefront because you are not fooling anybody son.

I am no more breaking the "forum rules" than you are NikJr.

I don't feel a need to lower myself to your Pre-K antics by "Arguing" with you, and I already recognize this is a ploy by you to turn this into a "Bait" thread and get it locked, so as to discontinue the subject matter that you don't agree with...

Congratulations! Nice try....but no.
nik39 2:11 PM - 30 April, 2007
Not being nice? I am stating facts. You can't backup your points with valid arguemtns. Therefore your points are stupid, dumb and retarded. If that is not "being nice" to you - it ain't my fault. Someone has to tell the truth, and I am not even attacking you - just targeting your weak ass points which you can't backup.

lol. You clearly show again that you don't understand a single thing. :-)
DJJOHNNYM 4:28 PM - 30 April, 2007
Quote:
Therefore your points are stupid, dumb and retarded. If that is not "being nice" to you - it ain't my fault.

Gee, here you go attacking my character again. Your attempt to CONSTANTLY state your "point" fall on deaf ears...Who are you trying to convince? Me or you? LOL.

Hey, Father's Day is coming up.....Do you have any good leads yet?
DJJOHNNYM 4:33 PM - 30 April, 2007
Due to the Important Subject Matter contained in this thread that NikJr is trying to derail, I will refrain from the frivilous banter of going back and forth with someone who is not on my level....

***Translation for NikJr "I will ignore you in this thread going forward" *******

That thinly veiled lame attempt at getting this thread locked, was subpar at best.

Let's return to our regularly scheduled debate with "Grown Folk" please, thank you all for being patient...
nik39 1:45 PM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
Gee, here you go attacking my character again.

Your character? Targets are your arguements.

Quote:
"Grown Folk"

You mean constantly ignoring arguements, constantly contradicting yourself is grown folk talk? Look, even the mods were tired of your crap talk, thats why the asked people in the great wl.net thread, where you showed your excellence of reasoning, to start a new thread.
nik39 9:36 PM - 3 May, 2007
lol. JOHNNY, we all know how you like to backspin Chic's - Good Times. Matter of fact you told us it's a crime NOT backspinning that song.

Watchwww.youtube.com

So thats most prolly you, I assume - I can't be mad at you anymore. You should have told use before, that you aren't even a teenager yet :-)

Now it's allll good, man.
Nicky Blunt 11:32 PM - 3 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Don't you have an AIDS test to take? I hope you have a positive outlook!

damn i had to laugh at that
Nicky Blunt 11:36 PM - 3 May, 2007
ny the way im not taking sides just that comment made me laugh!