Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Subcrate Column/Sort By

Brian Morton 5:09 AM - 8 April, 2007
It would be nice to have a column to view what subcrate a song is in when you are viewing a crate with many subcrates. Also, my doing this, you would be able to sort by subcrate.
msoultan 4:25 PM - 11 June, 2007
I was just thinking about this. This feature would be DOPE! The reason being is let's say I have a house crate filled with a bunch of subcrates (dub/disco/tech/etc). It would be awesome if I could sort all of the tracks by their subcrate (w/ the subcrate name being shown) because I'm guessing for many people, they either sort their (real) record crate alphabetically, by bpm, or by the tracks style (i.e. subcrates). The first two are easily possible, the latter should be as well.

big thumbs up from me, please...

Mike
msoultan 5:49 PM - 11 June, 2007
I posted up another thread that embellishes on this topic a little more because it was similar, but not quite the same:

scratchlive.net
cappinkirk 7:35 PM - 11 June, 2007
as in "show filename path" or something similar as a field? or a field showing only "which folders/subfolders contain this file"? you might be better off using your genre, grouping and comments sections to and categorize your files.

the data scratchlive uses is updated when you play a song so it might not always be updated until a song is selected (but this is getting a little technical) does anyone in software development know any facts about this (if I have to guess it may be inaccurate)?
msoultan 7:43 PM - 11 June, 2007
I think using the genre field doesn't really work very well if a song is included in multiple crates (which happens quite often in my case). Plus, the beauty of subcrates is being able to move stuff around on the fly without much fuss. I don't want to have to type/think any more than I already have to...

Mike
robin75 7:28 PM - 28 July, 2007
this feature will be perfect to make shure all my tracks are in crates and well organised.
or i explore a track in my libary and i can easy figure out if it's in the right crate.
i would love this small feature!!! thanks!
DJ Prinvale` 10:34 PM - 2 February, 2008
+1 for a column option to show what crate a song is in!!!!