DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

BPM transitions, battle breaks, and scratch sentences.

Kipper 10:50 PM - 6 April, 2007
Currently I don't have a way of converting my Vinyl into useable mp3's, mainly because I'm broke and lazy.

Thus my battle records are the only things I really use rather than Scratch Live.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to download scratch sentences and mainly BPM transitions.

I spin a lot of dance music and love being able to seemlesly mix in a transition track and start dropping some hip hop and going back to dance. That 120 bpm to 80 or so is just such a big jump.

So yeah, anyone know where I can grab some in MP3 form?
Psyko Logical 11:26 AM - 27 April, 2007
What tempos specifically do you want to transition to/from? I can hook you up with some original shit if you want.
Nicky Blunt 2:28 PM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
What tempos specifically do you want to transition to/from? I can hook you up with some original shit if you want.

can I get in the que for this too!

I generally mix between 80 - 125 bpm

my email is djnickyblunt at yahoo . co . uk

hook me up!
Boogie Down Martin 2:36 PM - 27 April, 2007
Sorry if this sounds stupid but what are BPM transiion songs? I never heard of a song that goes down from 120 to 80???
howcome 2:42 PM - 27 April, 2007
Go to beatport.com and look up Breakz R US or scratch tools. They have great long sentences and usually a beat you can buy for $1.99.
Audio1 3:18 PM - 27 April, 2007
try qberts website, he now has all his records in high quality MP3 format. other than that, transition tools are a dime a dozen. try places like Crooklyn Clan or cool members on here to hook ya up.

Martin,
A transition track is used to switch between 2 BPM's... Lets say if your playing a 120 set. You basically mix the track in at 120 then at some point the tracks starts to slow down and then your at 80bpm's and can start you 80+bpm set. They work well in club/party atmospheres so you can keep the mix fluid.
concorde_pilot 3:50 PM - 27 April, 2007
hm sounds a bit unnecessary to me, canĀ“t you just drop a slower track?
are they on party breaks like av8 or similar normally or??
DJ Distrakted 7:01 PM - 27 April, 2007
yeah put me in line for this, it would be cool to gor from 120 to 80 without sounding like a train wreck
scotty B 7:08 PM - 27 April, 2007
What about using SSL to convert your vinyl?
Psyko Logical 7:15 PM - 27 April, 2007
OK guys. Gimme a day or two. Seems like most people want to drop to the lower tempo, correct?
Audio1 7:43 PM - 27 April, 2007
Transitions are great to keep the flow moving. I hate DJ's who just stop the music to switch the beat, takes away from it. Transitions can go from Fast to Slow, Slow to Fast or even ship of 10BPM's or so... Ive seem some transitions go from 90 to 110bpm's.
HittinSkinzTa2 7:49 PM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
What about using SSL to convert your vinyl?

Yeah, or you can download and use Audacity to rip your vinyl. I believe it's still free.
DJ Michael Basic 7:55 PM - 27 April, 2007
I'm a big fan of using transitions too. I've made a few of my own, and I have some tricks that help me get from one BPM to another smoothly, but I'm always up for another transitional track...if you're making one send it my way as well Psyko Logical. It'd be much appreciated.

If anyone is interested in hearing some of these type things in action, check out either of my hiphop mixes at ldcpkaraoke.com
Nicky Blunt 9:06 AM - 30 April, 2007
Quote:
OK guys. Gimme a day or two. Seems like most people want to drop to the lower tempo, correct?

No to be honest I go both ways (no homo) up in pitch & down too so either way is defo usefull!
Mr. Wright 12:21 PM - 30 April, 2007
Well if you have a decent transition track since i spin both hip hop and electro house/breaks i'd appreciate it greatly if you shot an original my way. djxxxenigma@yahoo.com