DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Odd forms of payment you've accepted

RichardM3317 6:55 AM - 25 October, 2010
I spun at an E-party and got paid with the party favors... Kinda weird. Anyone else have an experience like this?
Dj Shamann 8:01 AM - 25 October, 2010
How is that weird? That's like saying "I spun a kegger and got paid in beer...imagine that"
djbanno 10:46 AM - 25 October, 2010
Quote:
I spun at an all male bathhouse and got paid with the party favors... Kinda weird. Anyone else have an experience like this?

NO!
DJ Pullout 12:39 PM - 25 October, 2010
I got paid by hookers before.
Dj Bacik 1:10 PM - 25 October, 2010
I spun at a club and got paid 2 non working 1200's. They are now my main decks.
ninos 1:35 PM - 25 October, 2010
i DJ'ed at my school for 2 hours and got all 5 of my christian service hours done!

(for real, no joke.)
Dj Shamann 1:53 PM - 25 October, 2010
Quote:
I got paid by hookers before.

A rapper once offered to pay me with my choice of girls at the massage parlor for backing up his set at a showcase.
shaukd 2:02 PM - 25 October, 2010
I got a shot gun... nice double barrel...
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:09 PM - 25 October, 2010
i perfer to be paid in gum
Wazo 3:04 PM - 25 October, 2010
^^ hahah
Logisticalstyles 3:20 PM - 25 October, 2010
Quote:
I spun at a club and got paid 2 non working 1200's. They are now my main decks.

Me too! I also got cash but the Techs were the best part.
djchrischip 3:40 PM - 25 October, 2010
white gold n diamond rings (him n hers)
douche ex gf still has the hers
djchrischip 3:40 PM - 25 October, 2010
ended up 3x the value of the party
fuckin dumb dead beats lol
DJSHARK 3:55 PM - 25 October, 2010
Macbook pro 13.3 was my last payment
Wazo 4:20 PM - 25 October, 2010
^^ holy crap. sweet reward.
dj_craigmac 4:50 PM - 25 October, 2010
Christmas eve 1989 went buy a base model nissan hardbody pickup to haul my dj gear around. Started talking to the salesman and he asked me to put down my sources of income on the loan app and saw i was a dj. Long story short i got all of the extra's(3 years oil changes,crhome bumper, tow package, side mirrors, top of the line stereo) for free on my truck to dj their employees new years eve party plus 300 cash. I drove that truck for 21 yrs, i just got rid of it last month.
Diskjockeyvictor 6:12 PM - 25 October, 2010
Got a car hahaha
DJ ENUF 6:39 PM - 25 October, 2010
(not dj related but good!) Back in the day i used to steam clean carpets for a while with this guy who had his own truck/equipment. Just the 2 of us (nh). At first it was all good until I started getting hip to this dudes hustle. We'd pull up to a house and he'd mumble something about me staying in the truck for this job. Turns out dude was straight banging/getting head from older women in exchange for cleanning services. My comformation was made after this broad was smiling in the doorway smoking a cigarette in lingere as he came out. I called him out and he made me swear not to tell his wife about it lol. A coupple weeks later dude says hes got a special job we gotta do today. We pull up to a really nice house and he says "Ok heres the deal. This woman is one of my regulars (that he bangs) and I told her i got a new younger guy working with me whos about the same age as your daughter (19ish) AND THEY SHOULD MEET..." Total mother/daughter power trippin rich desperate housewife types but the daughter was smoking hott! Handled the business, we cleaned the hell outta the place and off we went. Best day at work EVER! Unfortunately dude was also a huge cokehead and as deep in the bootleg movie game as anyone i've ever seen so i diddnt stay the 3 more months for the follow up appointment:(
Wazo 6:59 PM - 25 October, 2010
so you did or didnt do the daughter?
DJ ENUF 7:03 PM - 25 October, 2010
Quote:
Handled the business, we cleaned the hell outta the place and off we went. (

lemme rephrase "I handled the BIDNEZZ!
Wazo 7:19 PM - 25 October, 2010
ok just clarifying.... sweet man. sounds like something out of a tv show and most people fantacy's.
DJ ENUF 7:31 PM - 25 October, 2010
No doubt! Rest of day i just kept thinking "did that really just happen?" No way in hell i could've pulled that chick any other way. I think i was driving an old busted chevy corsica with 1 side mirror at the time lol! Gotta love the slutty mother/daughter bestfriend type. Chicks dig a guy in uniform!
Psyphris 7:32 PM - 25 October, 2010
This just became an amazing thread.
mastermind 7:39 PM - 25 October, 2010
Quote:
(not dj related but good!) Back in the day i used to steam clean carpets for a while with this guy who had his own truck/equipment. Just the 2 of us (nh). At first it was all good until I started getting hip to this dudes hustle. We'd pull up to a house and he'd mumble something about me staying in the truck for this job. Turns out dude was straight banging/getting head from older women in exchange for cleanning services. My comformation was made after this broad was smiling in the doorway smoking a cigarette in lingere as he came out. I called him out and he made me swear not to tell his wife about it lol. A coupple weeks later dude says hes got a special job we gotta do today. We pull up to a really nice house and he says "Ok heres the deal. This woman is one of my regulars (that he bangs) and I told her i got a new younger guy working with me whos about the same age as your daughter (19ish) AND THEY SHOULD MEET..." Total mother/daughter power trippin rich desperate housewife types but the daughter was smoking hott! Handled the business, we cleaned the hell outta the place and off we went. Best day at work EVER! Unfortunately dude was also a huge cokehead and as deep in the bootleg movie game as anyone i've ever seen so i diddnt stay the 3 more months for the follow up appointment:(

WIN!
DJ ENUF 7:40 PM - 25 October, 2010
I was in the same neighborhood a coupple years ago and drove by the house just for shits n grins.
I wonder what that dudes up to nowdays and if hes still cleanning carpets and shagging old broads! (thats if he hasnt had a heart attack or been murdered by his wife!) I ough to look him up.
Wazo 8:20 PM - 25 October, 2010
lucky fucker. should have stolen a candle holder as well.
DJ ENUF 8:37 PM - 25 October, 2010
Quote:
lucky fucker. should have stolen a candle holder as well.

ROFLOL! The reason why dude trusted me in the first place was because the first month i was working he was leaving money/jewlery/valuables around empty houses we were in and i diddnt touch shit! (remember cokehead!) After a month hes like congrats! You passed all my tests. I was completely unaware.
djchrischip 4:10 AM - 26 October, 2010
Quote:
This just became an amazing thread.

+1