DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Pro Tools ready For Vista This Summer!!!

DJ Sniffles 9:02 AM - 1 April, 2007
This is great news....because although, and I will admit, I've left some nasty comments about the Vista support from SSL, but at the same time, I've had my problems with Vista itself. For DJ's and producers, this is a HUGE STEP because if there is any hard/sofware out there that has to uphold a product to a standard and quality, it would be Pro Tools. Hopefully this will shine some light on the possibility of SSL having a driver ready for Vista. I did the dual boot bit, hmm well. I've had some issues. Now when I did this, I thought the folks at the computer shop were just worried about a warranty, but when they said Vista and XP shouldn't be on the same harddrive, well they meant that. I got Pro Tools and SSL on my computer, but I can't use them at the same time, USB Bandwidth issues. Well, its definately not my computer, I have a NVidia Chipset Driver, which can handle some shit. Well I don't know about all of you but I'm very excited for this. I'm sure our driver for Vista is well on it's way. I'm still frustrated but not as much now. Let's cross our fingers
Logisticalstyles 10:32 PM - 10 January, 2008
I know this is an old thread, but I had to ressurect it to see if any new developments have been made. I just got an Mbox2 and so far no luck with Vista. This just sucks! I tried to put XP on my laptop. I got PT installed, but none of my other drivers worked so I had to go back to Vista.