DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

THE ULTIMATE SERATO GIG CASE!!!

djkrayz 3:45 AM - 5 April, 2005
HEY WUSSUP EVERYONE I AM MAKING CUSTOM SERATO CASES THAT WILL HOUSE SERATO ALONG WITH YOUR LAPTOP AND OTHER SMALL ACCESSORIES. IT IS BASICLY YOUR GIG2GO.

THE CARRYING CASE ITSELF HOUSES THE SERATO A/D CONVERTER ALONG WITH YOUR LAPTOP. WHAT MAKES THIS CASE SICK AS FUCK IS THAT I "INSTALLED" A RCA PATCHBAY ON THE BACKSIDE OF THE CASE FOR ALL OF YOUR AUDIO I/O'S FOR SERATO. ON THE FRONTSIDE OF THE CASE I INSTALLED A FEMALE XLR MIC INPUT SO YOU CAN PLUG RIGHT INTO THE CASE AND START RECORDING INTO SERATO.

WHY THIS IS SO CONVENIENT IS THE FACT THAT ONCE YOU GET TO YOUR GIG ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SET THE CASE ON A TABLE AND HOOK UP ALL YOUR AUDIO CONNECTIONS FROM THE TURNTABLES AND MIXER TO THE BACK OF THE CASE, OPEN THE CASE AND TURN ON YOUR LAPTOP.

THE CASE IS LARGE ENOUGH TO HOUSE THE 17 IN POWERBOOK G4, AND THE FOAM INSIDE THE CASE IS PERFORATED AND CUSTOMIZABLE SO YOU CAN FIT YOUR NEEDLES AND OTHER SMALL ACCESSORIES IN THE CASE.
THE CASE IS A MILITARY STANDARD EQUIPMENT CARRYING CASE MADE OF POLYPROPYLENE COPOLYMER RESIN, WHICH IS SOME TOUGH ASS PLASTIC.

IM NOT GOING TO POST PICTURES UP ON HERE YET. BUT IF YOU ARE INTERESTED AND WANT MORE INFO ON WHERE TO PICK IT UP, FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME AND I WILL SEND YOU SOME PIX OF THE CASE IN ACTION.

BJ WEIR - DJ KRAYZ
DJKRAYZ@GMAIL.COM
DJKRAYZ@TMAIL.COM
MOBILE:206.234.6575
AIM:DJKRAYZ
mexicannnnnn 4:05 AM - 5 April, 2005
Too much caps... too hard to read.
Detroitbootybass 4:27 AM - 5 April, 2005
Dude posted this exact same bit of 'spam' in six different places on this board - I say the Serato boys should delete this crap.
Revolutionary 4:38 AM - 5 April, 2005
I noticed that too. He must be crazy...
Detroitbootybass 4:41 AM - 5 April, 2005
Quote:
I noticed that too. He must be crazy...

...and dumb. He posted all his contact info (including a cellphone number) - he will be 'spammed' on account of his spam. Touche...
Revolutionary 4:45 AM - 5 April, 2005
And isn't this against board rule #3?
djkrayz 5:01 AM - 5 April, 2005
no need to hate. i just tryed to put up this info where people where looking for it. im not trying to spam if you want to peep out the case heres the links for some pix of it.

home.comcast.net
home.comcast.net
home.comcast.net
home.comcast.net
home.comcast.net
home.comcast.net
Detroitbootybass 5:30 AM - 5 April, 2005
Quote:
im not trying to spam

Oh, really? You could have fooled me...
Serato
Josh 5:30 AM - 5 April, 2005
actually looks pretty good...

just work on your posting style krayz, no all caps... and please don't cross post again.

also instead of starting a new thread, post in a topic about cases, they are already here...

anyway keep in line please...
Revolutionary 5:33 AM - 5 April, 2005
Quote:
and please don't cross post again.

That was extreme cross posting! ;)
djkrayz 5:34 AM - 5 April, 2005
no doubt im not a forum junkie im just trying to get some info across to the peeps on here. but the case works and sounds good. all the audio components i used are the same that are used in studio patchbays. the hardest part of making this case was cutting the steel for the face plates and the grill that covers the solder points inside the case.
djkrayz 5:35 AM - 5 April, 2005
but now i see what you guys are talking about cross posting. appologies on my side. haha
DJ Whateva 7:26 AM - 5 April, 2005
GOod work on that case bro
Rane, Support
Shaun W 3:27 PM - 5 April, 2005
Getting that case through airline security will be an adventure :-)
s42000 3:54 PM - 5 April, 2005
Quote:
Getting that case through airline security will be an adventure :-)

I was thinking the same ....

"Sir .. can you explain why the laptop is connected to that small black suspicious box ? And what are all these wires going all over the place ......?

Sir step aside please and do not move ...(on radio: We have a possible 687 in progress .. send explosive experts and the dog. We do not know what this contraption is)"
DJ MDX 4:10 PM - 5 April, 2005
Quote:
I was thinking the same ....

"Sir .. can you explain why the laptop is connected to that small black suspicious box ? And what are all these wires going all over the place ......?

Sir step aside please and do not move ...(on radio: We have a possible 687 in progress .. send explosive experts and the dog. We do not know what this contraption is)"

I just about fell out of my chair on that one!
gazmonster 4:21 PM - 5 April, 2005
lol...imagine trying to explain it...

"well..you have these two pieces of vinyl with a time code"
nik39 4:41 PM - 5 April, 2005
control signal... ;-) I think if you start explaining that and using these words they will arrest you w/o hesitating.
Revolutionary 4:50 PM - 5 April, 2005
LOL...

Better not use any camouflage clothing if you're carrying that around ;)
Rane, Support
Shaun W 5:22 PM - 5 April, 2005
...and be sure to have your shoes off before even entering the airport ;-P
djkrayz 6:22 PM - 5 April, 2005
haha i already had that come to mind. but it would be fun to hear the stupid ideas the come up with trying to figure out what it is. this one time i was going to play out of town and when they xrayed my vinyl they asked me what was in there and i told them records. then they took out all the vinyl out of the case and the sleeves then i asked why they did that. their answer,"well on the xray it showed up as a large black circle."

wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Detroitbootybass 6:29 PM - 5 April, 2005
Quote:
haha i already had that come to mind. but it would be fun to hear the stupid ideas the come up with trying to figure out what it is. this one time i was going to play out of town and when they xrayed my vinyl they asked me what was in there and i told them records. then they took out all the vinyl out of the case and the sleeves then i asked why they did that. their answer,"well on the xray it showed up as a large black circle."

wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is exactly correct... it is too dense. The x-rays wouldn't penetrate the vinyl and you would just see a 'large black circle'. Given that, they would always need a closer look.
djkrayz 6:31 PM - 5 April, 2005
what was funny was the freakin lady who took all my vinyl out of their sleeves had to call someone over to ask what they were. they also questioned my needles about being to sharp. this was about 2 months after 9-11 too.
Dj KaGeN 6:48 PM - 5 April, 2005
Those airport security are fricken idiots!!! .... I really dread flying now that you have to be there extra early - wait in line - take off your shoes and if you are extra lucky they swab your carry on and test it for 'explosives'. Happens that my grandma's hand bag was checked, 83 year olds, and it came up "positive"... Held us up a bit and then airport security people started asking questions, stupid ones at that, she's got a titanium knee also, so they gave her crap about that too.... the swab from her handbag was concluded as, "reading funny", "sometimes dog shit can trigger a positive reading." My grandma rolling around in dogshit with her purse with a fugged up knee.....ya, imigine that!! Low paid security idiots and machines that think substancees like dog shit will jack up a plane..... Thanks you terrorists, much appreciated.
djkrayz 10:33 PM - 5 April, 2005
"is that the case that anyone with half a brain could knock up with a set of measurements and a good flightcase supplier"

this is in regards to a post someone put up earlier in another thread.

no i dont have a flightcase supplier, i went out and bought the case at retail price along with all the audio components "installed into" the case.

yes anyone can cut out foam and put stuff in a case.

but if you read and look closely there is more than just foam padding in the case.
skinnyguy 7:30 AM - 6 April, 2005
needles too sharp? omg...
sunnylicious 1:29 PM - 6 April, 2005
do you also make gun cases?
gazmonster 4:15 PM - 6 April, 2005
Quote:
"is that the case that anyone with half a brain could knock up with a set of measurements and a good flightcase supplier"

this is in regards to a post someone put up earlier in another thread.

no i dont have a flightcase supplier, i went out and bought the case at retail price along with all the audio components "installed into" the case.

yes anyone can cut out foam and put stuff in a case.

but if you read and look closely there is more than just foam padding in the case.

Ok KrayZ im gonna hold my hands up on this one...i initially thought it was just a regular made to size flight case...after further looking at the pics..there is more that has gone into it...i stand corrected....
djkrayz 6:10 PM - 6 April, 2005
Quote:
do you also make gun cases?

i made a paintball gun case hahha but no patchbay on that.
djkrayz 6:15 PM - 6 April, 2005
Quote:

Ok KrayZ im gonna hold my hands up on this one...i initially thought it was just a regular made to size flight case...after further looking at the pics..there is more that has gone into it...i stand corrected....

no doubt man, i put that patchbay on the back not only so for convenience of keeping ssl in the case but to also save your ssl a/d converter from having its rca jacks from getting worn out. like i said earlier the rca jacks i installed on the back of the case were meant initially for studio patchbays. they were designed for the cables to be pushed and pulled out on a regular basis.
jack 3:49 AM - 7 April, 2005
Quote:
Those airport security are fricken idiots!!! .... I really dread flying now that you have to be there extra early - wait in line - take off your shoes and if you are extra lucky they swab your carry on and test it for 'explosives'. Happens that my grandma's hand bag was checked, 83 year olds, and it came up "positive"... Held us up a bit and then airport security people started asking questions, stupid ones at that, she's got a titanium knee also, so they gave her crap about that too.... the swab from her handbag was concluded as, "reading funny", "sometimes dog shit can trigger a positive reading." My grandma rolling around in dogshit with her purse with a fugged up knee.....ya, imigine that!! Low paid security idiots and machines that think substancees like dog shit will jack up a plane..... Thanks you terrorists, much appreciated.
jack 3:59 AM - 7 April, 2005
I work for TSA And very well paid at being a syndicated D.J. for the past ten years, also i work in the baggage part of the airport not at check point. To say low payed idiots shows where your brain is at because if you were to do the math and a little homework you would find out most of those idiots you talk about make over 35,000.00 a year plus locality and depending what you negotiated you salary at it could be more. Anyway i have been Djing for the past 20 years around the country and now have money out away and now working for the U.S. Government with the best benifits around i guess iam a idiot.
Detroitbootybass 4:07 AM - 7 April, 2005
Quote:
I work for TSA And very well paid at being a syndicated D.J. for the past ten years, also i work in the baggage part of the airport not at check point. To say low payed idiots shows where your brain is at because if you were to do the math and a little homework you would find out most of those idiots you talk about make over 35,000.00 a year plus locality and depending what you negotiated you salary at it could be more. Anyway i have been Djing for the past 20 years around the country and now have money out away and now working for the U.S. Government with the best benifits around i guess iam a idiot.

Respect to you, sir... from a former DHS member.

:-)
feniks 5:10 AM - 7 April, 2005
the case looks cool. how much?
gazmonster 8:17 AM - 7 April, 2005
Quote:

just becuae they earn a lot of money doesnt mean there not idiots dude.....
Dj KaGeN 9:48 AM - 7 April, 2005
Since when does 35K a year constitute a well paid position...? Airport security - OK, Jack, does this take a degree from a univerity to hold? Oh ya, remembering back - this pay is what I made to MANAGE a pizza joint a few 'moons' ago....

by the way Jack, what's your address, I have an old English book I'd like to mail to you. Unless you'd like to further my point with your well written verbage.
gazmonster 10:19 AM - 7 April, 2005
its amazing how much you can earn these days......ticket sellers on trains in england earn 25k a year baring in mind this is pounds not dollers...

but then of course i really cant see the job satifaction....

going back to the airport security....its to be expected that they bahave the way they do. The people who go for these jobs are a certain sort of person. Its the same people who want to be police men or prison wordens. They just want an easy route to getting power over other people....
gazmonster 10:20 AM - 7 April, 2005
sorry..i did go off on one then...
djkrayz 3:34 PM - 7 April, 2005
this is getting out of control hhahahahahha
gazmonster 4:04 PM - 7 April, 2005
i love the way threads evolve....
djkrayz 4:47 PM - 7 April, 2005
whats next cloning haha
eder 9:57 PM - 9 April, 2005
krayz....how much for the case and what are the exact specs? thanks
djkrayz 12:22 AM - 10 April, 2005
heres the specs for the case hit me up for more info

Case by SKB Cases
Interior: cubed foam
Length: 20 1/2"
Width: 15 1/2"
Height: 10"
Lid: 2"
Base: 8"
Weight: 19.0 lbs

Audio components:
Rca panel jacks by Neutrik USA
Xlr(mic in female) panel jack by Neutrik USA
Middle Atlantic steel studio rack components
Rca cables by Hosa
jack 1:28 AM - 11 April, 2005
Quote:
Since when does 35K a year constitute a well paid position...? Airport security - OK, Jack, does this take a degree from a univerity to hold? Oh ya, remembering back - this pay is what I made to MANAGE a pizza joint a few 'moons' ago....

by the way Jack, what's your address, I have an old English book I'd like to mail to you. Unless you'd like to further my point with your well written verbage.
jack 1:39 AM - 11 April, 2005
Don't need a english book din't have enough time too proof read,my point is that most of the people i work with have major Degrees in all types of professional trades. By the waay well it don't matter,my point is quit passing judment i only have to do it for insurance purposes and most of the people i work have or your tax dollars are paying for them to go to school.But if you don't suck to much on the ones and two's why don't you send me a mix of old classic R&B mixes where the instruments are real and lets see if you can keep it on beat and you transitions and blends makes sense,probaly not thats why you are always on the forum complaining that Serato does'nt do the mixes for you!!!!!Maybe they will build an automated computer that will do the work for you keep making pizza's.
Dj KaGeN 4:21 AM - 11 April, 2005
Jack, please calm down. I wasn't the one that delivered your pizza late....
An elementary command of the English language still escapes you. Please re-read your comments above and spell check them at the very least.
You missed my point by over a mile and I'd sure like for you to find a quote of me, "complaining that Serato doesn't do the mixes for you"!!!! I sing praise to Serato/Rane and have never asked it to MIX for me, let alone in RnB.