Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Problem with overviews, please help!

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
DJ Friction 2:25 AM - 28 March, 2007
I figured out that buildin the overviews will allow me to use the auto gain and auto BPM feature...this was good...the only problem was that when I hit build overviews, over half the songs I had in my library werent effected - no overview was built, it said ??? as a BPM category (where all these tracks were located)...so for half of my songs i dont know the BPM and the gain wasnt adjusted....how do I get the remaining songs fixed???? I really appreciate the help

thanks a lot
Nicky Blunt 11:14 AM - 28 March, 2007
Every time I use the overview my computer falls over!

I re-Boot & it manages to make an over view for the song it fell over on!

Guys in my office are suggesting that my processor is not fast enough & thats why it keeps crashing.

Would that make sense.

sorry I kinda go on ""TIMMMMAAAAAAAY"" when it comes to computers lol
Dj KaGeN 2:50 PM - 28 March, 2007
Have you turned off screen saver, disabled the drive shut off crap?
Nicky Blunt 3:17 PM - 28 March, 2007
yup I've done that!

As for the drive shut off! Please excuse my Ignorance but my computer literacy is limited!

I know your not here to "hold my hand" but any assistance would be greatly apprciated!
Nicky Blunt 3:25 PM - 28 March, 2007
Quote:
yup I've done that! (shut off screensaver)

As for the drive shut off! Please excuse my Ignorance but my computer literacy is limited!

I know your not here to "hold my hand" but any assistance would be greatly apprciated!

I saw in a post earlier you had mentioned this so Im trying to be as considerate as possible while still hoping to get my assistance!(PS Im not being sacrastic just trying to be considerate & not to be considered an asshole)

Im really close to suicide on this. Its not a good look!!!!
Dj KaGeN 4:27 PM - 28 March, 2007
I'm going to assume you're using XP.

right click on the desktop - click properties
screen saver tab - at the bottom should be power settings.
turn off hard disks - set to NEVER.

Also - how much OTHER software are you running on your machine. If you are serious about your performance, I recommend you dedicate the laptop to gigging. I do not have anything installed on my gig laptop, and it has been strong and stable for 2 1/2 years. It doesn't go on the internet - I load everything to it via jump drives. I understand that this is an extreme, but I do have to sweat issues. The less installed the better.

Can your system just run all night long without crashing, not having SSL loaded/running?
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:27 PM - 28 March, 2007
Friction,

Rescan your id3 tags in the setup screen and then click the build overviews tab.
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:27 PM - 28 March, 2007
Nicky,

Please post your issue in a seperate thread so we can better help you, and keep the current discussion organized and on track. Thanks:)
Nicky Blunt 6:31 PM - 28 March, 2007
Zach have done that now!

As after I posted I was lookin at some of the other threads and saw that you suggested that there. So apologies to dj friction for ridin on ya coat-tails! It wasnt inteded just seemed like you were having a simular problem from the thread title.

In answer to your question Kagen - Just about everything is running off my pc tower at the moment!

Reason 3
Cool Edit 2
innanet - Broadband
Norton anti virus
My House phone is also there as its a bt home hum thingamyjiggy. LOL

And unwittingly all of the settings you mentioned were set how you had suggested allready!

It must be that my computer is just getting old and could do with replacing!