Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

SOLVED THE VISTA PROBLEM!

DJ Starrbuck 1:07 AM - 28 March, 2007
Check out Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 free download. I found out you can have Vista and XP running at the same time, just research it, I'm not a IT expert, but I asked a IT tech about the problems of installing XP after getting rid of Vista.

Use Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 to run multiple operating systems at the same time on the same physical computer. Switch between virtual machines with the click of a button. Use virtual machines to run legacy applications, provide support, train users, and enhance quality assurance.

Virtual PC lets you create separate virtual machines on your Windows desktop, each of which virtualizes the hardware of a complete physical computer. Use virtual machines to run operating systems such as MS-DOS, Windows, and OS/2. You can run multiple operating systems at once on a single physical computer and switch between them as easily as switching applications—instantly, with a mouse click. Virtual PC is perfect for any scenario in which you need to support multiple operating systems, whether you use it for tech support, legacy application support, training, or just for consolidating physical computers.
tendai 2:15 AM - 28 March, 2007
Well, apparently it does not support vista premium edition. It keeps freaking out and vista premium home edition isn´t listed on the website either...Any idea?
DJ Starrbuck 2:22 AM - 28 March, 2007
Nope not really, worth checking out, I'm no PC guru, I just had my laptop formated to XP. I paid too much money and time to let Vista cock block my music business.
tendai 6:00 PM - 28 March, 2007
I tried it and it worked! However, my computer is pretty new with all the gadgets whatsoever... Running 2 operating systems at the same time is slowing it down a lot. Therefore, I'll try the dualboot. Deleting vista is not gonna make me happy either... I actually like it and the only thing that ain´t working so far is ssl. In addition, I checked the prices and vista premium edition costs around 200€ what is in fact a lot of money. Well, but thanks anyway for the support and for the research. Good luck with urs and fingers crossed (letz look on the bright side) the 1.8 edition with vista support is coming out soon!
J0be 8:57 AM - 29 March, 2007
What on earth makes you think that?
DjUplift 6:08 PM - 30 March, 2007
Vmware workstation boys best Virtual pc program ever. www.vmware.com
DJ JPS 10:49 AM - 31 March, 2007
I have been using Serato for almost a year now on a Toshiba laptop with Windows XP. I recently had problems with the laptop specifically and had to send it out for repair which could take days, so with no choice providing the fact that I spin almost every night I was quick to buy a brand new Toshiba laptop, (one model newer than my first one) to use for the time being and eventually keep as a backup PC. I did not know about the whole Serato vs. Vista situation and of course, the new laptop came with Windows Vista. Initially when I installed Serato 1.7 onto the new laptop, when I plugged in the Interface it would say "found new hardware" when I would click on "have windows install software for driver" it would say unable to find software etc or cancelled by user. Then this is when I heard that Vista was not compatible with Serato. The next day I tried again with an advanced search and highlighted the Software Instalation disk and it successfully installed the software for the interface driver. The interface then came up like normal. BUT When I dragged my first MP3 onto the deck I got the wonderful Blue screen of death and needed to restart my computer. I thought this was confirmation of what people were telling me. So I restarted my computer... but the next time around I restarted it worked! I dragged a song onto a turntable and it played... I mixed, scratched backspun like normal. I played with it for a half hour before deciding that it was working properly. I was confident enough to spin a 6 hour night with it last night with no problems. The only thing is if you unplug the USB from the computer from the box, the blue screen of death will occur, OR when you try to exit serato, as soon as you click yes it blues out...SO IT WORKS SOMEWHAT!!! I still might trade this one in for a mac now that I know what I know but we'll see...
Young Nex 12:49 AM - 2 April, 2007
Ok, so pretty much your installing Vista for the cool things it brings... and now your going to install a another program so then u can install Windows XP Professional on it, so you can run your Scratch Live module on it! In order for you to run vista your going to need alot of ram, which is good. Maybe its time to max out your motherboard!

So either or, your going to need a lot of ram to do your DJing! I suggest either get alot of ram and run vista as well as your favorite virtual software so you can succeed running vista as well as scratch live running from Windows Xp that you have running off your vista. It's pretty cool for newbies. It's like you can create a name, go with it... pop in a cd and run of that virtual disk you just made. It's cool to test things out. =)

Anyways... i prefer Innote
If you want to pay theres many programs you can get such as:

VMWare Workstation ($184.58 - $300.00+)
Virtual PC ($200.00!)
Parallel Desktop ($70)
InnoTek VirtualBox ($0)

InnoTek VirtualBox is a family of powerful x86 virtualization products for enterprise as well as home use. Not only is VirtualBox an extremely feature rich, high performance product for enterprise customers, it is also the only professional solution that is freely available as Open Source Software under the terms of the GNU Public License (GPL). See "About VirtualBox" for an introduction; see "InnoTek" for more about our company.

Presently, VirtualBox runs on Windows and Linux 32-bit hosts and supports a large number of guest operating systems including but not limited to Windows (NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista), DOS/Windows 3.x, Linux (2.4 and 2.6), and OpenBSD.

VirtualBox is being actively developed with frequent releases and has an ever growing list of features, supported guest operating systems and platforms it runs on. VirtualBox is a community effort backed by a dedicated company: everyone is encouraged to contribute while InnoTek ensures the product always meets professional quality criteria.

On this site, you can find sources, binaries, documentation and other resources for VirtualBox. If you are interested in VirtualBox (both as a user, or possibly as a contributor), this website is for you.

AND ITS FREE.

www.virtualbox.org
www.virtualbox.org
www.virtualbox.org
deepdjdanny 6:40 AM - 18 April, 2007
but not osx. right?
datamyte 3:10 AM - 19 April, 2007
thanks! I will try this. I am planning to get a copy of XP to run virtually under Vista, now I can also enjoy Linux without the reboot.

Noble

Quote:
Ok, so pretty much your installing Vista for the cool things it brings... and now your going to install a another program so then u can install Windows XP Professional on it, so you can run your Scratch Live module on it! In order for you to run vista your going to need alot of ram, which is good. Maybe its time to max out your motherboard!

So either or, your going to need a lot of ram to do your DJing! I suggest either get alot of ram and run vista as well as your favorite virtual software so you can succeed running vista as well as scratch live running from Windows Xp that you have running off your vista. It's pretty cool for newbies. It's like you can create a name, go with it... pop in a cd and run of that virtual disk you just made. It's cool to test things out. =)

Anyways... i prefer Innote
If you want to pay theres many programs you can get such as:

VMWare Workstation ($184.58 - $300.00+)
Virtual PC ($200.00!)
Parallel Desktop ($70)
InnoTek VirtualBox ($0)

InnoTek VirtualBox is a family of powerful x86 virtualization products for enterprise as well as home use. Not only is VirtualBox an extremely feature rich, high performance product for enterprise customers, it is also the only professional solution that is freely available as Open Source Software under the terms of the GNU Public License (GPL). See "About VirtualBox" for an introduction; see "InnoTek" for more about our company.

Presently, VirtualBox runs on Windows and Linux 32-bit hosts and supports a large number of guest operating systems including but not limited to Windows (NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista), DOS/Windows 3.x, Linux (2.4 and 2.6), and OpenBSD.

VirtualBox is being actively developed with frequent releases and has an ever growing list of features, supported guest operating systems and platforms it runs on. VirtualBox is a community effort backed by a dedicated company: everyone is encouraged to contribute while InnoTek ensures the product always meets professional quality criteria.

On this site, you can find sources, binaries, documentation and other resources for VirtualBox. If you are interested in VirtualBox (both as a user, or possibly as a contributor), this website is for you.

AND ITS FREE.

www.virtualbox.org
www.virtualbox.org
www.virtualbox.org