Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Pitch Drifting Help!

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
DJ Icce 3:40 AM - 27 March, 2007
i am currently running 1.7.1 and i have been experiencing some pitch drifting i play two songs at the same time and the turntable in the right always speeds up quicker, i swapped my turntables and its still the one in the right, i notice some + & - .1 and .2 on the pitch it jus alternates, but within some time the right one is quicker than the left one does this happen to anyone else? i am not running any other programs in the back im running on windows xp please help!
DJCueBall 5:04 PM - 27 March, 2007
I think I am having the same problem and I just got this whole thing set up yesterday (3-26-07).

I am using the following:

Dell Insiron 1.66GHz Dual Core - XP Pro
1GB RAM
160GB 5400 HD
Unnecessary programs disabled.
Scratch Live 1.71 with Second Edition Control Records
Stanton T80 Turntables with Stanton 500B cartridges

Basically, everything will be ok and when I want to bring in the second record while scratching it and drop it in, the pitch level jumps about 4-8BPM's. For example if a track is 112BPM and it's matched, I'll scratch it and drop it in and as soon as I do, the BPM just to about 118 for a few seconds and then goes to 112.

I don't know if it's the needle I'm using or if it's the records
or if there is an issue with something else I don't know about.

This only happens when using Turntables. I also have CD decks and don't have an issue with that at all.

Please help!

Thanks!

DJ CueBall
DJCueBall 5:06 PM - 27 March, 2007
Don't know if this helps, but one thing I noticed is that, having an external HD hooked up through a USB totally threw off ScratchLive... it would jump all over the place. Make sure you have no other USB devices connected to the laptop.

I found out the hard way and had to get a bigger HD and copy my MP3s on there to fix this.
beefy 9:52 PM - 12 April, 2007
Quote:
i am currently running 1.7.1 and i have been experiencing some pitch drifting i play two songs at the same time and the turntable in the right always speeds up quicker, i swapped my turntables and its still the one in the right, i notice some + & - .1 and .2 on the pitch it jus alternates, but within some time the right one is quicker than the left one does this happen to anyone else? i am not running any other programs in the back im running on windows xp please help!

I have exactly the same problem, although I've had SSL for a while, i've only really noticed it in the last 3 months or so. But one of my decks always ends up running faster than the other.

Tried with normal vinyl. two copies of the same record and the it was fine, stayed match for ages. I've read most of the "Drift" problem posts and most people's queries were solved at 1.6.

I always see a fluctuation of about 0.3 on one deck and o.2 on another.

Any thoughts? (again)
DJCueBall 10:12 PM - 12 April, 2007
The thing with my issue is even when I don't use Serato and I use records, it does the same thing. The record speeds up and goes back to normal speed... so I ended up selling my decks and I am going to pick up a set of 1210's in a few days. I think the problem was with the low torque of the decks I had... the Techs I get shouldn't have a problem. Unfortunately, in your case I don't know what can cause it because I haven't figured it out. The only thing I can recommend is, make sure you don't have any other USB devices connected to the computer when using Scratch. Hope that helps.