DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

halloweeeennnn house party playlist

chris07lex 1:44 AM - 8 October, 2010
hello everyone, suggestion for my gig..i need some good playlist for this house party. thanx for the input!!!
mastermind 1:52 AM - 8 October, 2010
Face-palm followed by laziness followed by remembering where I'm posting followed by another Face-palm followed by Telling the guy who created this discussion to use google follows by going back to watching The spurs kick the rockets ass!
philldafunk 2:13 AM - 8 October, 2010
Quote:
Face-palm followed by laziness followed by remembering where I'm posting followed by another Face-palm followed by Telling the guy who created this discussion to use google follows by going back to watching The spurs kick the rockets ass!

Mastermind you in S.A? I dj @ Hooligans over there on 1604 and 35. We should link up sometime no homo

peace
mastermind 2:55 AM - 8 October, 2010
fo sho homie
jwagner 4:02 AM - 8 October, 2010
Monster Mash= Certified Banger
DJ Tecniq 4:15 AM - 8 October, 2010
MJ - Thriller

Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me

ahh hell...GOOGLE HALLOWEEN SONGS!!!
sacrilicious 4:18 AM - 8 October, 2010
Breaking a cardinal DJing rule or not, you can play Thriller like once an hour and nobody will get upset.
SuckaDJ 4:43 AM - 8 October, 2010
there's always one of these every year right before halloween, like it really changes much
bill-e 5:05 AM - 8 October, 2010
munsters theme song
ntmoney 5:09 AM - 8 October, 2010
Monster Mash Bmore edit feat Fat Man Scoop!
thewevel 5:11 AM - 8 October, 2010
since this subject was brought up...do you think anybody would get pissed if i didn't play any halloween music at my halloween gig? i think it's lame
chris07lex 6:01 AM - 8 October, 2010
wow...geezz sorry for posting..
ninos 6:15 AM - 8 October, 2010
gucci mane, soulja boy..
DJ Alkemy 6:40 AM - 8 October, 2010
Quote:
since this subject was brought up...do you think anybody would get pissed if i didn't play any halloween music at my halloween gig? i think it's lame

I never play halloween(ish) songs because its the 31st. Around here we look at a halloween party as a reason to get together and get drunk, like a Saturday.
djsatony 8:04 AM - 8 October, 2010
ghost busters!
maybe you can try monster by kanye west
thriller
DiGiTALRiCE 3:43 PM - 8 October, 2010
subscribed
Wazo 4:27 PM - 8 October, 2010
justin beiber. that shit is scray
Wazo 4:27 PM - 8 October, 2010
"scary"
DjTomaS 4:14 AM - 10 October, 2010
Halloween gigs are my favorite. Females dress up like whore's
MrTM2 6:09 AM - 10 October, 2010
The Time Warp from the Rocky Horror Picture Show

Nightmare On My Street by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince

I'm Your Boogie Man by KC & The Sunshine Band

Help Me by Timo mMaas feat. Kelis

Ghostbusters theme

The Halloween Jump! by B2DANCE

anything by deadmau5 (cause it helps)
MrTM2 6:12 AM - 10 October, 2010
Oh yeah, and my favorite!

The Haunted Mansion Song

Watchwww.youtube.com
beatdown 8:32 AM - 10 October, 2010
Honestly, don't overdo it on halloween themed songs, just throw in some samples now and then and a couple Halloween tracks. Here are a few more:

Bonecrusher - Never Scared
Watchwww.youtube.com
Dubcrooks has an even darker dstep remix
Watchwww.youtube.com

Herve - Cheap Thrills (Samples Thriller, and dope throughout)
Watchwww.youtube.com

Evil Nine - They Live (Zombie Music! - check out Trevor Loveys remix Watchwww.youtube.com)
DJ Alkemy 10:09 AM - 10 October, 2010
If you gotta play some spooky shit and still want to play some good beats then look for stuff by Sid Roams.
BERTO 3:49 PM - 10 October, 2010
Banana_Peter 3:57 PM - 10 October, 2010
Quote:
MJ - Thriller

It's not a Halloween party without this!
DjTomaS 11:05 PM - 11 October, 2010
Here's a Halloween Mix Teaser, Find Michael Jackson Thriller, Monster Mash, Phantom of Opera lots of edits for Halloween check it out

www.mixcrate.com
DJ Sparky Killabrew 1:36 AM - 12 October, 2010
Method Man-The Riddler then Gravediggaz 1st album on repeat played backwards.
Flip - Steelo 7:16 PM - 12 October, 2010
GETO Boys - Mind Playing tricks on me....

Make sure to loop the "This year Halloween Fell on a Weekend" line X 8...... Really gets the point across.... LOL
DJ DECK 9:37 PM - 12 October, 2010
anything by Safdsre will get you by especially the "Boo" Edits Collection.
DJ ENUF 12:08 AM - 13 October, 2010
Quote:

HA! Good luck getting a hold of that collection. It would be easier to get your hands on some unopened serato whites than that pack!
mastermind 12:57 AM - 13 October, 2010
Quote:

you guys bringing that up again. Everyone knows it a joke!

Cool story bro........
Victor L 4:27 PM - 13 October, 2010
some tracks that aren't halloween per say but i still like to throw in because of their vibe are ...

Insomnia - Faithless (tons of remixes out there)
Blue Monday - Orgy
Plastic Dreams - Jaydee
Dooms Night - Azzido da bass
Resurrection - PPK
tehBEN 5:19 PM - 14 October, 2010
I should send this thread to the sorority chicks that contacted me about playing their club event.

Quote:

Play halloween stuff like lady gaga, you know the one that goes "raaaaraaarawr ohh la rawr" like a zombie

hella fail.
Victor L 7:56 PM - 15 October, 2010
^-- no way he was serious
Doctorjon 8:11 PM - 15 October, 2010
Quote:
I should send this thread to the sorority chicks that contacted me about playing their club event.

Quote:

Play halloween stuff like lady gaga, you know the one that goes "raaaaraaarawr ohh la rawr" like a zombie

hella fail.

lol
latinblood2k1 9:42 PM - 17 October, 2010
Hmm just make sure you bring a sub

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com
DiGiTALRiCE 5:49 PM - 19 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

HA! Good luck getting a hold of that collection. It would be easier to get your hands on some unopened serato whites than that pack!

Safdsre edits? does he have a site or a contact info?
DjLouSince82 6:24 PM - 19 October, 2010
anything by Insane Poetry..those are my homies ;) HOW CAN YOU REASON WITH A PSYCHO!!
DjLouSince82 6:28 PM - 19 October, 2010
anything by Insane Poetry..those are my homies ;) HOW YOU GONNA REASON WITH A PSYCHO!!
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:49 PM - 19 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yes but its constantly changing and you get kicked off his mailing list for giving out the current address without his permission, hes VERY exclusive
DJ DECK 6:51 PM - 19 October, 2010
shhh... you said too much Bezzle
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:52 PM - 19 October, 2010
shit im probably off the list now!!!
DiGiTALRiCE 6:29 PM - 20 October, 2010
can someone pm me how to get on the Safdsre mailing list?
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:31 PM - 20 October, 2010
you prob wont be able to get on it just from asking in here....if you hold enough clout to get on that list he contacts YOU
DiGiTALRiCE 6:36 PM - 20 October, 2010
how do you do that?
DiGiTALRiCE 6:39 PM - 20 October, 2010
i did find some of those edits on lime wire and zshare but i want some of the exclusives
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:42 PM - 20 October, 2010
Quote:
i did find some of those edits on lime wire and zshare but i want some of the exclusives

id watch out with those
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 7:25 PM - 20 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yes but its constantly changing and you get kicked off his mailing list for giving out the current address without his permission, hes VERY exclusive

lol. Not this again. Yeah the "Boo" edits are where its at. People went crazy over those last year.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:34 PM - 20 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

lol. Not this again. Yeah the "Boo" edits are where its at. People went crazy over those last year.

has enough time passed to discuss those???
DiGiTALRiCE 8:14 PM - 20 October, 2010
Anyone got a preview on the boo edit? any good?
DJ DECK 9:47 PM - 20 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

has enough time passed to discuss those???

I dont think so.... :(
sacrilicious 2:20 AM - 21 October, 2010
I heard from an unreliable source that the 2010 Safdsre "Boo" edits are being released on a special acetate compound that self-destructs after the first play. Fortunately, they're guaranteed bangers so you don't have to even bother previewing it before dropping at prime time.

(Rumor is they also have a watermark that'll crash any version of SL newer than 1.8 if you're greedy/stupid enough to try to make a digital copy)
DiGiTALRiCE 7:04 PM - 21 October, 2010
can someone hook me up with the boo edits?
sacrilicious 7:22 PM - 21 October, 2010
It'll melt your hard drive to your laptop's chassis.
vinylmanipulator 7:33 PM - 21 October, 2010
ROFL....
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:34 PM - 21 October, 2010
Quote:

do you have any gigs lined up in cambodia???
DjTomaS 8:34 PM - 21 October, 2010
Quote:

Good luck on that theirs no info on the internet about Safdsre and his remixes he's like a ghost, shadow of remixers/dj's. Any links of him or his remixes links are removed I'm also curious....
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:38 PM - 21 October, 2010
Quote:

Fuck it he hasnt hooked me up in a WHILE here ya go '

[Link Removed]
DJ DECK 8:54 PM - 21 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

[Link Removed]

He's watching.......
DiGiTALRiCE 5:26 PM - 22 October, 2010
I need to find these edits, i have my first dj gig next week and i can't find them on limewire or megaupload
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:32 PM - 22 October, 2010
your planning on playing Safdsre edits at your FIRST GIG!!!! Damn son way to shot for the stars, be casreful though getting on his bad side isnt a good way to start a career
DiGiTALRiCE 5:37 PM - 22 October, 2010
if you guys are making a big deal about em then yea im finna drop them at our frat party
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 6:25 PM - 22 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[Link Removed]

He's watching.......

Yeah he trolls around on here. Im not posting any links. These edits are to hot to get kicked off the mailing list.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:28 PM - 22 October, 2010
If he finds out your positng his edits the mailing list is the least of your worries
sixxx 6:31 PM - 22 October, 2010
Safdsre released a few tracks yesterday. Straight fire!
sacrilicious 6:40 PM - 22 October, 2010
Quote:
Safdsre released a few tracks yesterday. Straight fire!

Hard copy as rumored?
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:40 PM - 22 October, 2010
8 trak??
DJ Ritmo 6:43 PM - 22 October, 2010
is this safdsa guy reallly that damn good that everyone wants his edits. I never heard any of these edits. Why does everyone want that shit. You know all you gotta do is play the greats and the hits.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:46 PM - 22 October, 2010
Quote:

I never heard any of these edits. Why does everyone want that shit.

you answered your own question there, only the best of the best gets his edits, tis like white vinyl, and Safdsre dosent miss, every edit he has EVER made has been a BANGER!!!!! Parties are made and broke by his edits
DJ Pullout 6:52 PM - 22 October, 2010
Quote:
hello everyone, suggestion for my gig..i need some good playlist for this house party. thanx for the input!!!

www.lmgtfy.com
DiGiTALRiCE 9:19 PM - 22 October, 2010
i found this searching the upload sites
www.megaupload.com is this one of the newest packs of his?
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:20 PM - 22 October, 2010
latindj 9:48 PM - 22 October, 2010
I wouldn't open that DigitalRice if I were you. There is no way in hell any of his edits are on limewire, megaupload, mediafire, etc.

He has a very discreet distribution list and no one would dare post his edits up for download. You open that rar and I bet you get multiple viruses....
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 9:57 PM - 22 October, 2010
Quote:
is this safdsa guy reallly that damn good that everyone wants his edits. I never heard any of these edits. Why does everyone want that shit. You know all you gotta do is play the greats and the hits.

don't be mad because you can't get your hands on them
DiGiTALRiCE 10:08 PM - 22 October, 2010
Quote:
I wouldn't open that DigitalRice if I were you. There is no way in hell any of his edits are on limewire, megaupload, mediafire, etc.

He has a very discreet distribution list and no one would dare post his edits up for download. You open that rar and I bet you get multiple viruses....

fuq, i'll open it on my roomate's computer haha.
Jesus Christ 10:44 PM - 22 October, 2010
If you don't already have Safdsre's remixes, you won't get them. Period. The people that have leaked a few tracks on limewire/torrents are no longer DJing... anywhere.

I hope that helps. Just stick to MJ's Thriller and Rockwell's Somebody's Watching Me.

Take my word for it. His edits are too good for you if you're not already on his email list.
eder 11:03 PM - 22 October, 2010
Quote:
If you don't already have Safdsre's remixes, you won't get them. Period. The people that have leaked a few tracks on limewire/torrents are no longer DJing... anywhere.

I hope that helps. Just stick to MJ's Thriller and Rockwell's Somebody's Watching Me.

Take my word for it. His edits are too good for you if you're not already on his email list.

+1
Audio1 11:06 PM - 22 October, 2010
Safdsre's edits are like the "Holy Grail". You aint gonna get em.
DJ Ritmo 12:37 AM - 23 October, 2010
damn yall on his d""k hard. Im not hating and maybe Im just not educated on this guy but Im sure he is not gonna make or break my floor I do just fine with music I play regardlessly.
DjTomaS 1:12 AM - 23 October, 2010
Quote:
damn yall on his d""k hard. Im not hating and maybe Im just not educated on this guy but Im sure he is not gonna make or break my floor I do just fine with music I play regardlessly.

Im with you on that one.
mastermind 1:43 AM - 23 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Im with you on that one.

you guys dont be fooled. This is all big joke. there is no Safdre, they do this big joke for all the noobs.
eder 1:44 AM - 23 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Im with you on that one.

you guys dont be fooled. This is all big joke. there is no Safdre, they do this big joke for all the noobs.

The first rule of Fight Club is...
mastermind 1:46 AM - 23 October, 2010
ha..... there is no fight club...........
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:11 PM - 23 October, 2010
Rotfl - fuck Sadfre - I got cut from his email blast this past Spring - been trying to get back on. I guess you need the blessing of 6 or 7 A-list DJs to be considered for addition again.

Ill keep trying - his edits were HOT FIRE!
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:25 PM - 23 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Im with you on that one.

words of someone who knows how to stay on the mailing list......just like there is no easter egg in 2.1 and 2.2 isnt in beta already.....shhhhhh
Jesus Christ 5:45 PM - 23 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Im with you on that one.

words of someone who knows how to stay on the mailing list......just like there is no easter egg in 2.1 and 2.2 isnt in beta already.....shhhhhh

Exaaactly!!! You'll notice that he wasn't talking shit about Safdsre when he was trying to get on the list. He was real nice when he got on the list. But now that he's off the reservation.... well... you know. LOL
mastermind 5:53 PM - 23 October, 2010
Wow bezzle is ON the list! Good for the list.
mastermind 5:59 PM - 23 October, 2010
I guess if your on the the list that's cool. If your not on the list t does not make and differance. It makes no difference to me. If bezzle in on the list why not put jhonny m too.
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 8:17 PM - 23 October, 2010
Sadfre = FIRE!
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:14 PM - 23 October, 2010
Quote:
Sadfre = FIRE!

literally!!!! heres some vids of what happens when you play his remixes...seriously his remixes arent for beginners

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com
tehBEN 11:17 PM - 23 October, 2010
1st rule of Safdsre edit ownership .... dont ask for them.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 11:25 PM - 23 October, 2010
Quote:
I guess if your on the the list that's cool. If your not on the list t does not make and differance. It makes no difference to me. If bezzle in on the list why not put jhonny m too.

I don't know rumor has it that the amount of head you get in the DJ booth is directly related to the number of Sadfre remixes you play on a given night.
Quote:
literally!!!! heres some vids of what happens when you play his remixes...seriously his remixes arent for beginners

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

That is pretty cool, I wouldn't do that with 1200s but take a old cheap thrift store turntable, old worn control vinyl and Serato Internal mode = one helluva show....

Hmmmmmm.
mastermind 2:27 PM - 24 October, 2010
Wow bezzle all this talk about records on fire make me want to write to this remixer Pearson and tell them not to put you on the list even if you want in the list soooooooo bad!
DiGiTALRiCE 9:48 PM - 24 October, 2010
holy shit that guy actually set the dj set on fire!
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 4:12 PM - 25 October, 2010
Quote:
I don't know rumor has it that the amount of head you get in the DJ booth is directly related to the number of Sadfre remixes you play on a given night.

I will vouch for that.
Jesus Christ 4:27 PM - 25 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

I will vouch for that.

So... you're not on the list then?
mastermind 4:33 PM - 25 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I will vouch for that.

i guess everyone gets on the list now.
eder 7:58 PM - 25 October, 2010
Everyone's a DJ with a Macbook Pro
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 7:12 PM - 26 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I will vouch for that.

Im on the list. Me and Sadfre are homies.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:14 PM - 26 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I will vouch for that.

I was on the list. Me and Sadfre were homies.

corrected, check your inbox, mailbox, pobox, and FBI wanted lists
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 7:31 PM - 26 October, 2010
Ah shit!