Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Duplictae files and crashes on Exit regular and general library problems

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL3
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
djdsk 3:50 PM - 30 September, 2010
Product: scratchlive
Version: 2.1.1
Hardware: scratchlive-sl3
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.6.4
---

I had problems on an earlier version , soem crates wouldnt load and samples dissapeard i found my MAcbook pro drive had some issues . So i backed up my crates and music cleared up the hardrive errors and reinstalled everything clean . SNow leopard , Scratch live 2.1 , now i have updated to 2.1.1.

I found i was getting crashes on exit like 3 tim eout of ten so according to instruction on i .

Deleted the database v2 file and opened scratch live .The i only had around 1800 songs in the library where i know i had around 7000 . SO next i was thinking i need to reanalize all my mp3 so .

I crated a record crate called library and dragged my whole music collection insde , so i could know all my songs are in the library . I then slected the whole of this folder and dragged onto the analize button to reanalise al;l of the mp3s .

The problem now is i have duplicate songs in the ibrary that point to the same file? Is there anyway i can resolve this? So far it hasnt crashed on exit yet , fingers crossed.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 9:42 PM - 3 October, 2010
Hi djdsk,

You shouldn't be able to add a file to your library if it's already there in the exact same location. Are you able to diplay the "location" and "filename" columns in your Scratch Live library, take a screenshot of these duplicate files and attach it to this thread?

Thanks.
3:30 AM, 4 Oct 2010
djdsk attached a file: serato.jpg
View· Permalink
djdsk 3:33 AM - 4 October, 2010
You can see doubles i have highlighted with grey ,its like this throughout my library.

I also have BIG problems with the auto gain its not ready my values most of the time its set to 12 o clock now . WHen i reanalyse the files the auto gain button is pressed ad works but as soon as i close down serato and re open all the auto gain buttons goes back to 12 clock .

This version is terrible for me can i download 12.1.0 somewhere and go back ?

thx
djdsk 3:35 AM - 4 October, 2010
I can see that the path file s different from dsk to DSK , this must have been when i reformatted i changed the name , is there a way i can change that?

thanks
djdsk 4:24 AM - 4 October, 2010
SO here what i think happened :

In users my account now is called DSK and so is my home folder.

Before i must have been called dsk and so was my home folder then .

SO i think this is confusing serato , i will try taking all my files off my mac on an external drive and then see if i can sor tit on my PC and then transfer back.

let you know
djdsk 6:37 AM - 4 October, 2010
Heres how i fixed the problem , will report back if still any glitches . I hope this helps anyone else that reinstalls snow leopard but uses a new name that is the same but just has a difference of upper or lower case letters.

My macbook pro is used for gigs and most important my PC just for analising and rough arranging ect.

1-Back up all my ScratchLIVE folders on pc and mac.

2-PC delete all the song & crate entries in scratch live making the PC database completly empty of songs and crates . Exit scratch live so these setting are saved.

3-Mac - copy my folder containing all my music to external drive and also also my Mac crate files in ScratchLIVE/subcrates.

4- Connect external to pc and drag all the music files from external to the pc scratch live program . Now the pc contains all the songs from my mac via the external drive. Exit serato to save this.

5- Copy my mac crate files ScratchLIVE/subcrates to the pc in ScratchLIVE/subcrates , open serato . All my crates are there but the songs in the crates are pink as scratch live cant find them are . Use the relocate lost files feature in scratch live to find all the songs . Let it run , now all my crates and songs are working on pc via the external drive with no duplicates . Exit serato to save .

6-Open scratch live on PC then go to my external drive _ScratchLIVE_ and copy the subcrates folder.

7-On mac delete all songs and crates from library making scratch live database empty, exit to save and reopen .

8- Drag my my music folder on mac back into scratch live library . so now all my songs are there without duplictes but crates are missing . Close serato.

9-copy the subcrates folder from external back into mac ScratchLIVE/subcrates and open scratch live , all my crates are there but songs are pink as serato cant find them , use the relocate files feature to find the files.

10 - Now i have all my crates abck and full library with no double entries.
djdsk 6:56 AM - 4 October, 2010
PROBLEM

The problem of the auto gain still exists on pc and mac , after analising the position of volum knob isnt saved . The knob also isnt depressed yet on the odd file maybe one in ten it is . Im gonna look for an older version of scratch live now.
djdsk 7:17 AM - 4 October, 2010
Happens in 2.1 final as well
djdsk 7:28 AM - 4 October, 2010
WORK Around for auto gain 2.1 and 2.1.1

When i was analising files i turned off auto bpm as all the data was already correct and i have some files that i manually entered the value and didnt want messed up . When auto bpm isnt selected the data isnt saved !!! When i select auto bpm then its saves the values , so now i have to re analyze all my files and lose the bpm tages FUK as i have important gig in one day!!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:41 PM - 4 October, 2010
Hey djdsk,

Glad to hear that you got your duplicates sorted. As you've discovered, Scratch Live is case sensitive so it treats "dsk" and "DSK" as two different filepaths, even though the operating system doesn't. This will be addressed in the next release of Scratch Live.

In regards to your Auto Gain issue, I'm afraid I can't reproduce this as you've described. If I analyze my files with Set Auto BPM either on or off it's still applying Auto Gain. What format are these files that it's not applying to?
djdsk 3:17 AM - 5 October, 2010
It happening to .mp3 and .wav stange , i never had this problem before 2.1.1 as far as i can remember . If auto bpm isnt ticked it mostly resets autogain to 12 o'clock non depressed and maybe 5% of flies keep their autogain setting but the button is non depressed and about another 5% keep the setting and button is depressed.

It appears that new tracks are working on my pc , so maybe something has happened to those actual files whilst sorting out my problems . Ill re check and if i find its the files ill send you a couple , thx.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 1:56 AM - 19 October, 2010
Hey djdsk,

How are you going with the Auto Gain issue? Are you still running into this problem?
djdsk 5:46 PM - 22 October, 2010
Been flat out will report back in a few days cheers.
kevin mattis 4:57 PM - 24 October, 2010
This message has been moved to a new discussion: serato.com

how do you delete songs from the smart crates mac 10.6.4
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 4:25 AM - 26 October, 2010
No worries, just let me know when you have time :)
7:00 AM, 9 Nov 2010
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.