Off-topic Discussion

That which does not fit elsewhere. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Top 10 songs to test your car's stereo

Dj Farhan 4:28 AM - 24 September, 2010
took it from here: content.usatoday.com

1. "Don't Know Why" by Norah Jones. Listen for Norah's voice to sound natural, and centered in front of you.
2. "Diamonds and Rust" by Joan Baez. Listen for strong vocals, and for the instruments to be set across a wide sound stage
3. "No One" by Alicia Keys. Listen for clarity in Alicia's vocals and spacious background sound.
4. "Hotel California" by the Eagles. Listen for the clarity and dynamic range during the opening guitar solo, and of course the powerful drum beat.
5. "Boom Boom Pow"by the Black Eyed Peas. Listen for powerful, accurate bass beats, even at full volume.
6. "Rock that Body"by the Black Eyed Peas. Listen clear, intelligible lyrics over the powerful, persistent bass beat.
7. "Hide and Seek"by Imogen Heap. Listen for the enveloping ambience of the song, building on the openness and dynamic vocals.
8. "He Mele No Lilo" by Mark Keali'i Ho'omalu from Lilo and Stitch.Listen for the ambience and staging as the children's chorus is offset by powerful bass.
9. "Bird on a Wire" by Johnny Cash. Listen for the clarity in Johnny's distinctive voice, and his guitar to sound natural and free of any coloration.
10. "Packt Like Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box"by Radiohead. Listen for the punch from the percussive bass, and the ring of the steel drums.

Thoughts? Comments? Feedback? Do you agree? Additions?
DJ_SCOOBY 6:46 AM - 24 September, 2010
This sounds more of a test for home entertainment/audiophile system than a car system.
DJ TOGTFO 9:49 AM - 24 September, 2010
your reference will only sound as good as the source of music. I assume you will be using mp3s so automatically youre fucked.
BERTO 12:20 PM - 24 September, 2010
you forgot "money" PInk Floyd for testing left and right and awesomeness
BERTO 12:22 PM - 24 September, 2010
Quote:
This sounds more of a test for home entertainment/audiophile system than a car system.

i agree and remember guys when buying surround sound you want to not use the same speakers all around you will get better sound if you switch brands of speakers for the front or back, dont believe me try it out for yourselves
DJ Sniffles 4:28 PM - 24 September, 2010
Anything dubstep ;)
CMOS 6:08 PM - 24 September, 2010
Quote:
Anything dubstep ;)

Grr i hadda work last weekend. did you go to trouble n bass anniversary?
FunkyRob 9:44 PM - 24 September, 2010
For me it was always this

Watchwww.youtube.com

If your dog barks back at the song, then your sound system is pretty good.
ninos 9:56 PM - 24 September, 2010
are you kdding me with that list?! YIKKES

number 1 song for testing....

3 6 mafia - late night tip
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:00 PM - 24 September, 2010
mase had a song on his old albums that had insane lower bass that used to go hard in my system
ninos 10:01 PM - 24 September, 2010
this gives me an idea for a thread?
DJ_SCOOBY 2:07 PM - 25 September, 2010
Just play Young Joc "Knock It Out", the perfect test
Billy18bm 4:36 PM - 26 May, 2011
Throw It Up
Bia Bia.. ludas verse!
djSMIRK 3:31 AM - 28 May, 2011
you can tell by the comments who knows what they are talking about when it comes to SOUND QUALITY in car audio.

excellent post.
dj_KaSE 6:43 AM - 28 May, 2011
Black Eyed Peas? Um, no.
Dj Farhan 4:16 PM - 28 May, 2011
thanks for reviving this thread! ;P
MelonHead 8:21 PM - 28 May, 2011
Serato
adrian w 9:59 PM - 29 May, 2011
Wolfgang Gartner's "Flashback" = thumper.

Watchwww.youtube.com

and Portishead "Roads" = clarity. Immaculately clear recording. You can hear Beth Gibbons mouth open and close before she sings.

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Alkemy 4:09 AM - 30 May, 2011
A good test for Bass would be The Dove Shack-Bomb Drop!

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:37 PM - 30 May, 2011
Mic Checka - Das Efx

Watchwww.youtube.com
Free Man 9:19 PM - 31 May, 2011
I liked testing with a few Tool songs.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 4:46 PM - 1 June, 2011
Quote:
you can tell by the comments who knows what they are talking about when it comes to SOUND QUALITY in car audio.

Word. Most of them don't care about sound quality as long as it hits hard.
Free Man 4:53 PM - 1 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Word. Most of them don't care about sound quality as long as it hits hard.

I'd rather have no subs than subs that sound like shit. I require something with range, punch, and definition. If everything blends together, than it is just noise, and noise gives me a headache.
DJ GaFFle 9:53 AM - 9 June, 2011
Quote:
Black Eyed Peas? Um, no.

+1... that song "Rock that Body" sounds like sh!t. The glaring Autotuned vocals sound over digitized and overall, the song is not-so-well equalized/mastered. It's not a great sounding reference song IMO.
DJ GaFFle 9:55 AM - 9 June, 2011

Not a single track name listed... WHo is Mad Mike?
Chetcc 10:06 PM - 14 February, 2012
Adventures of raind dance mag by red hot chilli peppers
FunkyRob 11:35 PM - 14 February, 2012
Quote:

Not a single track name listed... WHo is Mad Mike?

That picture looks a lot like the stereo dude from the old pimp my ride show
FunkyRob 11:36 PM - 14 February, 2012
hah, it actually says "from mtv's pimp my ride" on the front
dj_craigmac 4:43 AM - 15 February, 2012
When I wanna test how hard the system HITS I use Rodney O and Joe Cooley Everlasting Bass. When i wanna test sound quality I use Bohemian Rapsody or Powerful People by Gino Vannellie
DJPremium 11:21 AM - 15 February, 2012
Anything DJ Magic Mike, if you want to test your woofers.
Code:E 8:43 PM - 21 March, 2012
Quote:

My car system is a audiophile level system. I have yet to hear any big PA in a club or venue compete with it.
Code:E 8:44 PM - 21 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

i agree and remember guys when buying surround sound you want to not use the same speakers all around you will get better sound if you switch brands of speakers for the front or back, dont believe me try it out for yourselves

Disagree.

And a true audiophile system dose NOT have rears.
Code:E 8:45 PM - 21 March, 2012

Theres we got thats a real CD that you would want to use for sound testing.
Its the one i have used in the past.
Code:E 8:47 PM - 21 March, 2012
Any every SQ judge i know uses Hotel California" by the Eagles.
and Pachelbel's Canon
Code:E 8:51 PM - 21 March, 2012
And though it has expired, I do still know what I am talking about.... fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net
dj_KaSE 10:45 PM - 22 March, 2012
Rack City has a cool bassline.

Then there's also a few Ludacris songs (my chick bad, how low).
kscott29 7:50 PM - 17 September, 2017
The Return of Dj Sparky 2:02 PM - 18 September, 2017

That website is a scam