DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

FUCK THE MACKIE D.2

djskeetz 9:13 AM - 17 March, 2007
god damn, the masters on this mixer randomly just cut out on me at 12:40, WTF???? the left and right channels were working but the master just straight up went BLANK. my lord, i hate this mackie mixer, what piece of GARBAGE. im just gonna bring my rane from now on.

how did i fix it? I turn in off then back on, but the rest of night i was completely ultra paranoid it was going to happen again...sigh....
Mr. $weetlife 1:00 PM - 17 March, 2007
That sucks! Nothing worse than unreliable equipment. Are you listening NUMARK?

Thanks for the heads up skeetz!!!
DJ GaFFle 5:47 PM - 17 March, 2007
That sucks. Looks like you'll need to contact the manufacturer and send it in. That's not a cheap mixer. It would be my 3rd choice behine the Rane 56 and Pioneer 909...
That Guy 1 6:23 PM - 17 March, 2007
I really like the SA.5. Why doesn't anyone else? Let me guess... hmmm... it's made by Stanton.
Dj Metro 6:38 PM - 17 March, 2007
the sa.5 (i also use it) I think is the best $200 mixer on the market...had to get it when my rane 52i mojo died(after 6 years of hard labor,,,r.i.p).and was also discontinued...booooo
That Guy 1 7:33 PM - 17 March, 2007
I have a SA-12, but want to try a SA.5.
dj shadow from detroit 7:28 AM - 18 March, 2007
i been using a mackie d2!
i would not buy it again!
buy the rane 56
bakasan 8:59 AM - 18 March, 2007
The d2 is a great looking and good feeling mixer, but it's obviously not had the road proven track record that other pieces of DJ gear have (like the venerable 1200s, the Rane 54/56, multiple Vestaxes).. My buddy's own trouble w/ the d2 (he's had to RMA two of them now) has sworn me off from ever using it out on a gig. Shame too, it's a great feeling fader. :P
dreamkast 9:28 AM - 18 March, 2007
I got a sa5.
When it arrived the headphone system didnt work at all and had to get a mate to fix it by putting a fader inside, one of the ground ins was broken off.Apart from that its a nice mixer for its price.
DJ Jinnai 10:35 AM - 18 March, 2007
My Numarks work fine actually.
mister iLL 1:36 PM - 18 March, 2007
my sa-12 broke after 1 year
dj shadow from detroit 7:46 PM - 18 March, 2007
sf sk stanton is the best quality mixer i ever owned so far...
((i know stanton suck's))
but for price and quality it's the best!
it has the focus fader (optical)
kev_the_dj 8:28 PM - 18 March, 2007
Weird. I have the D.2 and it hasn't done anything weird like that.

Maybe you were drunk. =/
MusicMeister 8:33 PM - 18 March, 2007
If there is a problem I'm hoping it doesn't affect the d.4.... I'm just waiting for the release date....
dj friktion 8:55 PM - 18 March, 2007
DJ SKEETZ there two buttons on the back
1 says live or record if its in record u can't use the master just gain and line faders

I own one no problems 6 months now

Don't diss read the instructions before using

My 56s fader has stiffened up so bad I don't use it mackie smooth as ever
djskeetz 9:14 PM - 18 March, 2007
Quote:
1 says live or record if its in record u can't use the master just gain and line faders

what are you talking about? i was in the middle of my set when this happened dude.
yes im still disssing this mixer. it sucks.
djskeetz 9:15 PM - 18 March, 2007
Quote:
Weird. I have the D.2 and it hasn't done anything weird like that.

Maybe you were drunk. =/

nah, ive been sober for a bit now.
djskeetz 9:16 PM - 18 March, 2007
Quote:

dude, its the clubs mixer, why the hell would i read the instructions before i play my set? how nerdy is that shit.
Sheeds 9:35 PM - 18 March, 2007
such a shame, it is a beautiful looking mixer. Looks are deceiving
DiƱolito 9:40 PM - 18 March, 2007
Quote:
My 56s fader has stiffened up so bad I don't use it

2 drops of Caig CaiLube and your fader is smoother than before. And the smoothness will last!!!
That Guy 1 3:47 AM - 19 March, 2007
I broke the fader on my SA-12 maybe 5 times. I was quickly able to get the tech. support dept. to send a replacement each time. I've never had FS, but I've never had a problem with Stanton. [LOL!]

The above SA-12 was actually my second one. I quickly sent-back the first one to GC, after a channel had problems.
matt212 2:35 PM - 19 March, 2007
Quote:
dude, its the clubs mixer, why the hell would i read the instructions before i play my set? how nerdy is that shit.

LOL. I can imagine that right now.

Manager: Skeetz you ready?

Skeetz: No, according to the instructions I have to make sure the third prong is intact for my own safety. BTW, Do you still have your warranty information available for this? We have to send this in because servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in anyway.

Manager: Get out.
DJ Angel C. 9:18 PM - 13 September, 2007
I have the D.2, it's okay and I got it for alot cheaper than the Rane TTM56, so what the hell. Mackie is a well known reputable company, so they'll figure it out. Like anything, some people love it, some people don't.
Ever recommend what you thought was a great restaurant and then your recommendee gets food poisoning!
AdamJay 11:00 PM - 13 September, 2007
some folks want great all-around mixers
and some folks just want a great fader.

the D2 is ideal for those in the latter category.
KingDecipha 11:10 PM - 13 September, 2007
Ive been using the d2 for almost a year now... fader still going strong, but a couple of the main LED lights are out...
DJCheLu 11:16 PM - 13 September, 2007
I love my mackie d.2 never had any problems and the fader is amazing feels just like my 57 except the knob is smoother making it feel slippier i know thats not a word lol. If i knew how to do grabs it would be easier on the mackie, at least thats what my friend with a 56 says when he tried it out.
DJ Sniffles 11:20 PM - 13 September, 2007
I playedo n the mackie d.2 I LOVED the way it felt...but, i've heard nothing but horror stories about hwo that mixer breaks left and right on people.

As for the SA-12 everyone keeps talkin about...i've had one for 4 or 5 years now....still no problems. those P&G faders are bomb (what happened to penny & giles anyway) The output on the SA-12 sucks though....the sound isnt as clean as most mixers and the faders cut is kinda gradual (its a contact fader though) but the sa-12 for being a cheap stanton mixer is a fun mixer to use

still wouldnt get anything past my 56 though
dj shadow from detroit 11:56 PM - 13 September, 2007
the mackie d2 is terrible!!!

the pro i dropping soon.
DJ Sniffles 12:06 AM - 14 September, 2007
the pro is out...its been out for a lil bit
MusicMeister 12:13 AM - 14 September, 2007
The Mackie d.2 is marginal. There are some problems with the firewire implementation. Because of these problems it's part of the reason they went back to the drawing board and came up with pro series.

The d.2 pro and d.4 pro have a lot better firewire implementation. I'm considering the d.4 pro for one of my set ups...
dj shadow from detroit 2:30 AM - 14 September, 2007
that is not the only reason the pro came out ( because the firewire problem's )

the cross fader's and the head phone cue had a problem with getting shorts.

i had 3 different d2
after 2 yrs they gave me my money back with out offering a upgrade to the pro.

if i was rich i would not buy the d2 pro.
lol.

after getting the 56 i feel like a idiot not getting it in the first place.
DJ Sniffles 2:58 AM - 14 September, 2007
Quote:
after getting the 56 i feel like an idiot not getting it in the first place.

same here....buying different mixers or replacing mixers when the 56 has been out for 5 years now....could of saved alot of money if i just got this in the first place. nothing really comes close except the 909 and the 57. even then..the 909 doesnt sound as nice. imo
dj friktion 3:43 AM - 14 September, 2007
Had mine for a while nothing wrong @ all great mixer used 3 days a week in the club and @ home. Only prob the fader became a bit loose up and down retightened and all is well.

Satisfied d2 customer
dj shadow from detroit 5:18 AM - 14 September, 2007
i used it for 2 years in the club ( 3 different clubs ) and went through 3 mackie's

thank about it bro 3 days and you had to tighten something up.
Toby True Love 11:33 PM - 16 September, 2007
ive had a d.2 for 8 months now as a first mixer.

it did the job but after scratching on a friends HAK and 56 i knew i had to change.

plus last month i had bleeding crossfader.

i just picked up a 909... like day & night