Off-topic Discussion

That which does not fit elsewhere. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Allen and Heath Xone:DB4

Pete Hurrell 8:46 PM - 16 September, 2010
Does anyone over at Serato know anything about the Allen and Heath Xone:DB4, which is due to be unveiled at BPM in Birmingham in couple of weeks :

www.xone.co.uk

If I was going to speculate, based on the recent close collaboration with Serato on the DX controller, and A&H's long standing collaboration with ableton, I would hazard a guess that this new product has something to do with the Ableton <> Serato bridge which has been in public beta now for a couple of months. I'm guessing the 'D' is digital, 'B' is bridge, and the 4 for the mixing channels. Looking at the set of cables on the teaser image on the xone main page it seems these match with the outputs on the DX. Not inputs. 4 gold plated audio outs, balanced xlrs, optical out, SPDIF. The large format power cable suggests an onboard transformer. So probably quite a few LED's and/or on board processing on the unit whatever it is. Now would certainly be the time. With Traktor's S4 announcement they have probably accelerated the first public appearance. I'm guessing this is going to be an Itch 2.0/Ableton Live 8 controller with 20 channel sound card and no external inputs.

Are Serato involved in this new A&H product?
DJ Jonasty 7:30 PM - 17 September, 2010
I am interested in seeing what this is all about too. Nice breakdown of your speculation btw. I bought a xone 92 this summer and that thing is the cleanest sounding mixer I've ever heard. Soo much stuff coming out lately, it's hard to keep up but I'll do my best!
Powerpill 3:22 PM - 18 September, 2010
I've booked my ticket for the show! I can't wait to see this...
Pete Hurrell 3:18 PM - 28 September, 2010
Dj Beware 7:30 PM - 29 September, 2010
Dj Beware 8:29 PM - 29 September, 2010
Dj BuddyLove 6:04 AM - 4 October, 2010
mjo 8:19 PM - 2 April, 2013
Does anybody know how to use Serato timecode with the DB4? I don't think it is certified but has a very capable soundcard built in. I would be one of the happiest DJ's out if I could use the DB4's internal digital soundcard for Serato timecode. I would even pay cash money for a solution! Thanks so much in advance.
Rebelguy 8:25 PM - 2 April, 2013
Quote:
Does anybody know how to use Serato timecode with the DB4? I don't think it is certified but has a very capable soundcard built in. I would be one of the happiest DJ's out if I could use the DB4's internal digital soundcard for Serato timecode. I would even pay cash money for a solution! Thanks so much in advance.

Serato Scratchlive only works with their interfaces. The best you could do would be to mod one into the DB4.
mjo 11:17 PM - 2 April, 2013
Do you know anything or heard anything about "MixVibes Cross"? It seems this may be a great timecode solution for the DB4. Anyone?
thank!