DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Mixes made with SSL - Post them here!

Stuart Ramdeen 12:00 PM - 30 July, 2004
so, do any of you have any mixes/sets/scratch attacks that you would like to share? I will be posting up a 30 minute mix or so when I get home tonight made with the SSL cds.

How about the serato/rane doods setting up something on this site where users can submit mixes made with SSL and they are hosted on this site for a week or two and then removed to make room for new ones?

stu
Pete 1:30 PM - 30 July, 2004
I wait for the compensation of the drift! When I will post also!
namron 3:09 PM - 30 July, 2004
agree at pete
Detroitbootybass 3:14 PM - 30 July, 2004
Any decent recording software that won't eat up too much CPU? How is everyone here recording their sets?
Alexander 6:24 PM - 30 July, 2004
I will be doing a 5 hour test tonight with Audio Hijack running SSL and regular vinyl. Hopefully everything will be ok?
DJ Dynamight 1:20 AM - 31 July, 2004
I'm not sure how many of you are in to dancehall reggae, but I recorded a mix (doing a ridiculous amount of scratching and backspinng) to see how well SSL really sounded. I used Shure M447's, and foolishly left the clear stylus guard installed (at the time, I had no clue that it causes the needle to wobble too much, so you will hear a few skips while scratching--forgive me!). I've since realized the needle performs much better without the guard...

Initially, I did not intend on posting the mix on my site, but later said "ah, what the heck" and uploaded it. :-)

You can find it here: www.musicv2.com

As soon time permits, I'll record some more mixes!
DJ Dynamight 1:43 AM - 31 July, 2004
Quote:
How is everyone here recording their sets?

I record to another PC using Sound Forge.
Alexander 7:18 AM - 31 July, 2004
Quote:
I will be doing a 5 hour test tonight with Audio Hijack running SSL and regular vinyl. Hopefully everything will be ok?

Had a rough night with my SSL...the pitch drift problem one the battle today so once this is fixed I will get going on my recorded mixes with SSL more often...after a while I just went back to vinyl.
namron 3:27 PM - 31 July, 2004
Quote:
Any decent recording software that won't eat up too much CPU? How is everyone here recording their sets?

with another pc using cool edit 2000.. but most with my archos 20gb mp3 player/recorder.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 12:09 AM - 2 August, 2004
Quote:
How about the serato/rane doods setting up something on this site where users can submit mixes made with SSL and they are hosted on this site for a week or two and then removed to make room for new ones?

That's a great idea Stu. There may be some copywrite issues, but we'll have a look into it.
J0be 12:47 PM - 14 July, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

That's a great idea Stu. There may be some copywrite issues, but we'll have a look into it.

Must have been some copywrite issues then!
DJ DennisJ 6:04 AM - 15 July, 2010
djbanno 7:08 AM - 15 July, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Must have been some copywrite issues then!

Quote:
serato.com

^^That link seems to follow you around JObe...lol!