DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Whitelabel.net is coming. Thanks for your patience. Something for you now:

Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 6:20 AM - 23 March, 2007
Whitelabel.net will be up and running soon, we are making some last minute adjustments at the request of the record labels...

To reward you to you for your patience, we have some fresh goodies for you. Next month Ninja Tune will be releasing the eighth installment in their Solid Steel mix series - Now, Listen Again, mixed by DJ Food & DK entirely on Scratch LIVE! We have two tracks from the mix available on Whitelabel.net, Part 2 - One Of Dem Days feat. Fallacy (remix) from Big Dada records, and Pepe Deluxé - Salami Fever from Catskillz records, plus an exclusive bonus - A DJ tools track by DJ Food & DK which features spoken word, scratches and loops from the mix.

These tracks are available right now, go get 'em here: beta.whitelabel.net

Make sure you check out "Now, Listen Again", available from April 2nd on Ninja Tune or tune into the weekly Solid Steel mix session at www.solidsteel.net
The man himself, DJ Food, will be along shortly to tell you more about the mix.
nik39 11:47 AM - 23 March, 2007
Nice :)
cheeba (the believer) 2:54 PM - 23 March, 2007
woop

big respect to kev for getting behind whitelable.net :)

cant wait for the full launch

s
Dax 2:58 PM - 23 March, 2007
Kev and DK have pulled out all the stop on this cd, go out and get it,it ROCKS :)

also look out for the SSL 7" promo
www.timec.net
DJ Food 5:35 PM - 23 March, 2007
Really pleased to be a part of all this and thanks so much to Sam, Matt and everyone at Serato and Rane for hooking us up. We first met up a year ago (virtually to the day) Sam demonstrated the TTM57 for us and I proposed this idea along with the 7" controller discs as promo. Low and behold a year later it's a reality,

I got finished copies of the mix back yesterday - check the pics out on my Flickr www.flickr.com

We'll be touring it all over from April 6th, UK, Europe, Japan, Australia, US and Canada, check the dates here
DJ Food 5:36 PM - 23 March, 2007
or check the dates here even www.myspace.com
coitus 6:45 PM - 23 March, 2007
Nice lookin out fellas. And nice pics.
ps if youve never seen it holy shit check out the video for salami fever. Watchyoutube.com. total loss for words to describe
icec 7:58 PM - 23 March, 2007
The songs I download say they are at 32kbps. Is that bitrate sufficient to play these tracks live? The whitelabel forum there was a lot of hating on the site. What do you guys think about it?
DJ Food 8:17 PM - 23 March, 2007
The 32 is a preview file that will play when used in anything other than Serato. For full 320kbps quality these files have to be played through Serato.
Kool DJ Sheak One 8:32 PM - 23 March, 2007
how can i buy the 7"?
DjUplift 9:19 PM - 23 March, 2007
just wondering if you guys are going to have tracks from other genera's for us Electronic music Dj's out there.
House, electro house, techno, breaks etc.
DJ Food 9:30 PM - 23 March, 2007
Quote:
how can i buy the 7"?

best ask the Serato guys that
DJ Food 9:33 PM - 23 March, 2007
Quote:
just wondering if you guys are going to have tracks from other genera's for us Electronic music Dj's out there.
House, electro house, techno, breaks etc.

I think it's all coming, remember this is all still in beta mode and very early days - they want all the independent labels as much as the majors
Kool DJ Sheak One 10:15 PM - 23 March, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
how can i buy the 7"?

best ask the Serato guys that

Does'nt your 7" come with a serato control 7"?
Can i get it at Amoeba? Or off the timec site?
DJ Food 10:52 PM - 23 March, 2007
Quote:
Does'nt your 7" come with a serato control 7"?
Can i get it at Amoeba? Or off the timec site?

afraid not, it 2 track 7" is only limited to 50 copies with the Serato 7" - more of a press/promo thing than a retail item. Serato were kind enough to give us a quantity of them to have first dibs with but i'm sure they will be for sale soon as they have a barcode printed on the back cover
DJ Prinvale` 11:30 PM - 23 March, 2007
I check whitelabel at least three times a day :(

I need help!!! haha
Dj Cassidy 11:36 PM - 23 March, 2007
legit
kev_the_dj 1:24 AM - 24 March, 2007
And for that, I want you in me!
J3RMZ 2:49 AM - 24 March, 2007
Man thats music to my ears...literally
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 9:29 AM - 24 March, 2007
Quote:
how can i buy the 7"?

I'm afraid that the 7"s were a strictly limited run, and we're all out of them! If you happen to be a Musikmesse next week, you might just find one of the last few floating around.

Congratulations on the mix DJ Food, can't wait to hear it!!
m0nster 1:53 AM - 26 March, 2007
Thank you so much guys, GREAT to see Ninja Tune on with Whitelabel.net

Inovators with Inovators!
Julls 2:13 AM - 26 March, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
how can i buy the 7"?

I'm afraid that the 7"s were a strictly limited run, and we're all out of them! If you happen to be a Musikmesse next week, you might just find one of the last few floating around.

Is there a way you can get some more made up? You know they would sell like hot cakes!
KMXE 6:05 AM - 27 March, 2007
brilliant!
cheeba (the believer) 11:57 AM - 27 March, 2007
Quote:

oh, its good! ;)

loving the finished artwork too with the cut out sleeve etc.

s
Futuretek 9:04 PM - 28 March, 2007
I love how it tells you what tracks have come in since the last time you've been there!
DJ SticKeM 1:05 AM - 29 March, 2007
So due we have a ETA on Whitelabel.net
DJ Prinvale` 4:56 AM - 29 March, 2007
I still check it every day :( I need therapy!
DJ Distrakted 6:30 PM - 31 March, 2007
Quote:
I still check it every day :( I need therapy!

me too :) i need a therapist too :(
DJ SticKeM 2:05 AM - 1 April, 2007
try digiwaxx!!!!! freeee
Kid Stretch 10:54 AM - 1 April, 2007
to the serato admnins, i produced some mashups, is it possible to feature them in whitelabel.net? i can send you the mp3 files to decide, if it's possible!!!
cheeba (the believer) 8:54 AM - 2 April, 2007
Quote:
to the serato admnins, i produced some mashups, is it possible to feature them in whitelabel.net? i can send you the mp3 files to decide, if it's possible!!!

i suspect not due to copyright issues :/

similar question though: if we dont have label backing can we submit tracks (that we have copyright of) for whitelabel.net?

cheeba
Osiris 6:43 AM - 5 April, 2007
Quote:
Whitelabel.net will be up and running soon, we are making some last minute adjustments at the request of the record labels...

Yo, that's good news Sam... Because I'm getting pretty disgusted and tired hearing all of these obnoxious people bitch, and complain, and talk trash about it before this shit has even launched!

Keep up the good work fam!
dj cubicle 1:54 PM - 5 April, 2007
Yo, that's good news Sam... Because I'm getting pretty disgusted and tired hearing all of these obnoxious people bitch, and complain, and talk trash about it before this shit has even launched!

What's that noise? Oh, the sound of the entire Serato fam co-signing. :-)
Nicky Blunt 1:56 PM - 5 April, 2007
Quote:

What's that noise? Oh, the sound of the entire Serato fam co-signing. :-)

Need I say more?
Dj Shamann 7:12 PM - 7 April, 2007
Quote:

similar question though: if we dont have label backing can we submit tracks (that we have copyright of) for whitelabel.net?

cheeba

Yeah I'm kind of interested in knowing that as well.

Peace.
diego vega 5:03 PM - 10 April, 2007
Yeah I would be interested in that too, would you accept tracks from independent labels?
Javaman 8:37 AM - 12 April, 2007
i just downloaded Dj Food And Dk "NOW LISTEN" from justmusicstore.com

Salami Fever is also available there... Why wait, uh?
Monk-A 12:29 PM - 12 April, 2007
So is that Strictly Kev or DK posting as DJ Food?
Monk-A 12:32 PM - 12 April, 2007
Quote:
i just downloaded Dj Food And Dk "NOW LISTEN" from justmusicstore.com

Salami Fever is also available there... Why wait, uh?

you know thats the first Mix Cd not the one they are talking about here right?
cheeba (the believer) 4:14 PM - 13 April, 2007
Quote:

that'll be kev ;)

Try and catch the tour: www.myspace.com .... twas very impressive when they were in town last week.

cheeba
cheeba (the believer) 4:16 PM - 13 April, 2007
sorry, here's a link that should work for the tour dates...

www.myspace.com
Monk-A 7:49 AM - 15 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

that'll be kev ;)

yeah i thought ti probably was.

Quote:
Try and catch the tour: www.myspace.com .... twas very impressive when they were in town last week.

cheeba

Don't think they've got Macedonia on the tourlist :(
jazzy gym 2:53 AM - 20 April, 2007
take your wack snippets and shove it elsewhere... im tired of waiting for nothing.
Jay Ru 5:23 AM - 20 April, 2007
Quote:
take your wack snippets and shove it elsewhere... im tired of waiting for nothing.

harse!!!!!!!
cheeba (the believer) 3:52 PM - 20 April, 2007
Quote:

*handbags*
Dax 4:12 PM - 20 April, 2007
Quote:

wack snippets! lol
how worng can one guy be!
Ab-Loon 4:26 AM - 24 April, 2007
For a guy that calls himself Jazzy Gym....pretty wrong.

Oh well...its more original than young Dro and all tha YOUNG and LIL "street names" out there.
DJ Distrakted 6:26 AM - 8 May, 2007
any updates on progress??
DJ SticKeM 2:39 PM - 8 May, 2007
Hell NO
J0be 2:09 PM - 23 May, 2007
I laugh in the face of updates.
DJ Distrakted 5:49 AM - 25 May, 2007
honestly, im slolwy turning from an optimist to a pesimist
Nicky Blunt 8:49 AM - 25 May, 2007
Quote:
I laugh in the face of updates.

I fart in their general direction!
(monty python)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 1:42 AM - 26 May, 2007
Quote:

I hope we can slowly turn you back into an optimist again! We're making good progress, but ... wheels turn slowly at some of the bigger labels.
DJ Nubz 10:33 PM - 26 May, 2007
Cant wait til it launches!
DJ Distrakted 11:07 PM - 28 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

I hope we can slowly turn you back into an optimist again! We're making good progress, but ... wheels turn slowly at some of the bigger labels.

now im back to an optimist
haha thanks i needed that
prizo 3:07 AM - 29 May, 2007
are all these files onm whitelabel still gonna contain drm or will they be real mp3 files?
djenyce 6:29 AM - 29 May, 2007
wasnt the site supposed to come out on january? its almost june. i doubt this site will ever launch.
dj disturbed 6:42 AM - 29 May, 2007
Quote:
wasnt the site supposed to come out on january? its almost june. i doubt this site will ever launch.

lol you sound like chipflare
Serato, Support
Matt G 9:28 AM - 29 May, 2007
Don't worry, it will launch. There is constant work going on to get it ready for launch. We're currently working with the labels to make sure we have the best possible content.
KMXE 10:14 AM - 29 May, 2007
2 posts from 2 mods in 3 days - maybe something is close!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 10:58 AM - 29 May, 2007
Make that 3 in 3 :)
Yes, we're certainly getting closer!
cheeba (the believer) 1:22 PM - 29 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

i suspect not due to copyright issues :/

cheeba

...?
Deejay Z 6:12 PM - 29 May, 2007
Keep up the good work Serato..I'm Paitently Waiting (For A Track To Expload On) haha
kev_the_dj 6:28 PM - 9 June, 2007
Hey Serato peeps. Can you give us an ETA as to when Whitelabel is coming? I'm really looking forward to it.

Oh yeah, here's a teeny suggestion; Since 1.8 and Video Mixing is coming out, you guys should put some videos on there. =P
dj_soo 8:29 PM - 11 June, 2007
fuck as long as labels you guys get labels like Ninja Tune on board in addition to the top40 pap, I'll wait for as long as it takes :D
m0nster 8:34 PM - 11 June, 2007
i love the complaining and stuff...

If they are working on it, the longer they take the better, as they want to get as many labels and people on board as possible.
m0nster 8:34 PM - 11 June, 2007
Who would not want to be apart of the next way of gettin instant delivery of your content to the actual dj's that would use it.
J. eMCee 9:27 PM - 11 June, 2007
can't wait.....
gets me giddy, cuz this ish is the FUTURE!

lets just hope the hackers can break the code hahah
Ab-Loon 11:31 PM - 11 June, 2007
What code? I though this was gonna be free?
Deejay Z 11:38 PM - 11 June, 2007
the "code" being wl.mp3 (as in the codec)
DJ SticKeM 6:07 AM - 12 June, 2007
<B> <BIG> THis is taking way to long... How many time are they going to move the date? Im sorry But I see to many issues before this site launches... Whats the hold up? Digi Waxx Did it, Why cant Rane do it?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 8:47 AM - 12 June, 2007
hey Cheeba, let me get back to you on that one - quite possibly, but right now we're head down working on getting ready for launch, so not straight away.

Sorry to keep you hanging guys, we're certainly making progress, but we still have some work to do!
J. eMCee 1:44 PM - 12 June, 2007
oops....i just realized i meant to write "can't" in my post 4 up, which changes the whole sentence....n00b question, but is there a way to edit/delete posts?
kev_the_dj 9:58 PM - 12 June, 2007
Nope. You're stuck with that post forever!! Muahahahaha!
George Tunee 2:38 PM - 13 June, 2007
is 2008 a realistic date?
Nicky Blunt 2:50 PM - 13 June, 2007
you may need to be a lil more specific george!
George Tunee 3:32 PM - 13 June, 2007
yeah right will whitelabel be ready 2008 or 2009?
sixxx 3:59 PM - 13 June, 2007
I think the problem with this project is the word "white" in it.

:P
George Tunee 4:54 PM - 13 June, 2007
bahaha classic material
cappinkirk 3:59 PM - 14 June, 2007
i'm still holding my breath...

**chokes to death**
Dj onyx 4:31 AM - 19 June, 2007
I need some old school hit with a higher bit rate. May be you can start it off with the older stuff.
Vinyl Ricci 3:24 AM - 11 July, 2007
patience is a virtue
if white label will be a source for old school jams and not just current top 40 i can wait...
gregdaynes 4:31 AM - 11 July, 2007
its going to be well worth the wait... right now, i have to go around and find promo material from local artists... or ask labels... its too much effort.

But when whitelabel is done... oh man... the time and effort it will save, plus getting to spin new tracks before they become popular... The Serato / Whitelabel Team are my heros!

Never Fear! Serato is Here! (sorry, had to)
DJ SticKeM 6:32 PM - 11 September, 2007
WOW!!!! How much longer?
djnvs 6:58 PM - 11 September, 2007
I heard its gonna launch Feb. 30
cappinkirk 8:01 PM - 11 September, 2007
ˆ2049???
cappinkirk 8:02 PM - 11 September, 2007
just teasing....good luck with it whitelable cats