DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

ACID & Interface question...

TheMightyThor 11:16 PM - 4 March, 2007
i just bought an edirol ua-25 usb interface, but i dont understand how i can get acid 4.0 to recognize it. i cant even find where on acid that i go to select the interface.
if anyone is familiar with this, or uses a similar setup please let me know.
thanks
Ceasar K 1:17 AM - 5 March, 2007
What does ACID and EDIROL have to do in this forum?
TheMightyThor 12:00 AM - 6 March, 2007
dont be a dick
Neuron132 12:51 AM - 6 March, 2007
WTF?
TheMightyThor 8:36 AM - 6 March, 2007
...anyways, anyone have any info on this??
nik39 10:48 AM - 6 March, 2007
Does this subforum look like the

"General AUDIO application support forum
Please post your help requests from any manufacturer, we from Rane will help you for free"...

Ceasar asked the right question.
TheMightyThor 4:19 PM - 6 March, 2007
who gives a fuck? i own serato, i want to plug my RANE mixer into my edirol interface so i can record sets of off my RANE SERATO.just looking for some help.
nik39 6:07 PM - 6 March, 2007
Exactly, no one gives a f*ck. So move on.

Good luck finding answers with that attitude.
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:13 PM - 6 March, 2007
Thread moved to *general discussions* section.
vidoona 7:08 PM - 6 March, 2007
Quote:
who gives a fuck? i own serato

Your profile says that you don't.

P.S.
Do you kiss your mother with that filthy mouth?
Serato
Josh 4:42 AM - 7 March, 2007
I haven't used acid in a long time, but first guess would be preferences/audio devices/
Monk-A 8:14 AM - 7 March, 2007
Acid 4.0? jesus thats about 3-4 years out of date, you should seriously upgrade if you can because there's a shit load of nice extras in 5&6, and the worflow in 6 is awesome.

Also it's pretty CPU hungry if all you want to do is record your sets - it is a DAW as opposed to a Audio recorder - so i suggest you opt for Audacity, or soundforge or Cool Edit/Audition instead.

But regardless as Josh Said, first up make sure you have the drivers for your edirol installed.

then options/prefrences/audio devices.

If you're Edirol is USB powered it should be fine, if it isn't make sure you have the power on otehrwise Acid will not see it and revert to the default windows sound options.

Have you actually tried it with the Windows Media player to make sure it's installed already?
TheMightyThor 7:01 PM - 7 March, 2007
thanks monk a. good to see that there's a few reasonable people on this forum...
i probably should upgrade i suppose, just havent had a reason to.
i have the drivers installed, all power is working, i get sound to go through the edirol, just cant get acid to recognize it.
im just going to go to GC and see if they can help me.
ill look into audacity, ive been thinking about a new recording program anyways.
i tried going through the preferences and all that, thats why i posted. no luck...
anyways, thanks again for the help. now im going to go update my profile to serato owner: yes.
eat a d vidoona.
vidoona 11:43 PM - 7 March, 2007
Quote:
eat a d vidoona.

Writing out just the first letter is much better. Then again, maybe your i, c, & k keys are just stuck.

But for now take your crappy personality over to www.acidplanet.com where people might actually care about your problems.
Serato
Josh 12:25 AM - 8 March, 2007
before this goes any further, note the terms and conditions for this forum you all agreed to:

Quote:
Terms and conditions of using the Scratch LIVE forum.

You must agree to:

1. Be nice to others
2. Not pass yourself off as a Serato or Rane employee
3. Not post advertisements for any product or service

if you don't have something positive or helpful to say, don't say anything.

any more trash talking will result in a ban.
TheMightyThor 12:33 AM - 8 March, 2007
thanks pal, ill go and see if they can help!
Monk-A 11:49 AM - 8 March, 2007
have you made the Edirol the default soundcard in windows, my computer, control panel, multimedia andmake sure the edirol is the default player there.

i don't have my studio set up at the moment as i've just moved house, so i can't check it all for you soz...
TheMightyThor 4:41 PM - 8 March, 2007
ill check, i did something in control panel, but maybe not the right thing.
i should be better with computers...
society 4:44 PM - 8 March, 2007
Not trying to tell you what to do or anything, but you should consider upgrading to at least version 5. I found a big difference between 4 and 5. Or even better, start using Ableton--it has all the features that Acid has with a much better audio recording and MIDI interface.
TheMightyThor 4:49 PM - 8 March, 2007
i most likely will, i used to record on a digital 8 track, so im just learning the ropes of recording on a computer.
i've heard good things about abelton, ill check into it.