DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Love Again Control Vinyl Skipping After First Day...

DJDeeeNBee 3:37 PM - 29 August, 2010
I'm quite pissed off. I got two of these Serato Pressings in the post yesterday. Today, had a quick mix and for fucks sake about thirty seconds in to one of the records
it skipped. What am I supposed to do now?
Res-Q 3:39 PM - 29 August, 2010
play in relative mode
problem solved
DJDeeeNBee 3:40 PM - 29 August, 2010
cheers, i guess ill have to
Res-Q 4:07 PM - 29 August, 2010
trust me, relative mode unlocks the true powers of Serato
DJWarrenKelly 4:11 PM - 29 August, 2010
Quote:
trust me, relative mode unlocks the true powers of Serato

+1
Get with it!!!
_Stuart 4:17 PM - 29 August, 2010
yeah, i call absolute mode, useless mode :)
DJWarrenKelly 4:23 PM - 29 August, 2010
I had a mentor that told me the day I bought SSL to go with REL mode...I never did ABS and dont use INT unless a needle or turntable goes kaput...I think ABS was designed for the people who just want to "Keep it real" lol. So basic.
a DJ 3:53 AM - 30 August, 2010
I used ABS when I first started since I wanted to just keep it real simple have it exactly like real vinyl. Switched to REL after a few months maybe and never looked back lol.

But I agree I'm pissed about all the records skipping. I bought 2 ones brand new and they skipped right away too. Don't give me that REL mode crap, you can't scratch because it'll skip in the middle of it if it's at the wrong part of the record. And you have no idea what parts of the record those are. Also I'm not sure but it can't be good for the needles to have to try to bend to stay in a warped record.