Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

ITch 1.7 poll

Dj cuervo 7:13 PM - 26 August, 2010
Does any feel comfortable in using 1.7 at a gig? Who feels it is stable enough?
Dj Beware 8:04 PM - 26 August, 2010
use it all the time
Ragman 8:07 PM - 26 August, 2010
Same here... np thus far.
djcerla 8:16 PM - 26 August, 2010
rock solid
DJ KeNo 8:22 PM - 26 August, 2010
Hey is the DJ Cuervo from Philly? Anyway, I used the first beta without any problems but the second beta shut down on me without any warning, luckily I wasn't playing out with it at the time. I only play out with it when I am playing with someone else that can take over if something happens. But I'm just not very trusting to begin with.
kraal 9:11 PM - 26 August, 2010
as of yesterday i am happy with it
Dj cuervo 10:31 PM - 26 August, 2010
I'm from ATL. So there is no more drop outs in RC3. I need to test it.
zaguama 10:45 PM - 26 August, 2010
any of u guys played with the easter egg aka super filter on RC3 to test if it doesnt kills the left channel any longer? i haven't seen problems yet but have not played with it that long.
bigdik magee 2:34 AM - 27 August, 2010
I always use 1.7 including gigs and have had very good success in both beat matching and scratching sessions.

I haven't even tried the easter egg yet but have read about it on a few other posts.

How do you turn it on in 1.7 RC3, and in your own words what exactly does it do?

Thanks, -BDM
Roman Alekseenkov 5:40 AM - 27 August, 2010
I feel it's far from being a solid software, I think.

My main concerns:

- stability:
* very rare audio dropouts (need to troubleshoot it further on my macbook pro, but it looks like USB-related issue, not CPU)
* had 1 crash, but not reproducible anymore

- sound quality:
* quality of effects is somewhat low, compared to the external hardware effectors
Dj Beware 10:41 AM - 27 August, 2010
Quote:
I feel it's far from being a solid software, I think.

My main concerns:

- stability:
* very rare audio dropouts (need to troubleshoot it further on my macbook pro, but it looks like USB-related issue, not CPU)
* had 1 crash, but not reproducible anymore

The day I put a ferrite on my stock VCI-300 USB cable I stopped experiencing random dropouts, never had them since

maybe try something like this and see if it makes a difference...

techtools.myshopify.com
Cid K 4:33 PM - 27 August, 2010
Rock Solid on my end...
DJ GaFFle 6:57 PM - 27 August, 2010
Every version up to RC2 has been Dropout city for me. Will see about RC3 tonight.
Dj cuervo 7:31 PM - 27 August, 2010
I'm in the process of rescanning of my files in RC3.
zaguama 3:27 AM - 28 August, 2010
like i posted on another thread, i was having issues with RC2, intermittent skips, etc, just whatever the rest of the guys with MAC are experiencing. I took a big risk last night but wasn't a huge crowd so whatever :D, spinned for 6 hours non stop using RC3 and got no issues, although i didnt get a chance to test the filters yet and looks like nobody has tested the easter egg yet on RC3 to see if the bug has been fixed or not so i will do it myself tomorrow and let you guys know :). so far im happy with the results on RC3, im running snow leo 10.6.4 and i did not downgrade to any previous version.
zaguama 3:27 AM - 28 August, 2010
oh almost forgot, i did rescan all my mp3s yesterday with RC3.