DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Sony MDR-V700DJ Headphone Ear Pads

DJPrez 2:56 AM - 23 August, 2010
Just in case anyone is looking for inexpensive replacement ear pads for their Sony headphones, I purchased some from

www.suntekstore.com

They are artificial leather but for the price................ Especially since I have been looking for them for quite awhile. They fit/feel fine =)
Wazo 5:39 PM - 23 August, 2010
nice too bad someone stole my v-700's from the club the other week. now i have old v-500's to use.
jwhispers 6:57 PM - 23 August, 2010
Wow perfect timing on this thread, thank you! My ear pads are falling apart and I desperately need new ones. Thanks for the link.
radiosparxxx 2:13 AM - 31 August, 2010
Thanks! I needed a pair of these!
[a.g.] 4:05 AM - 31 August, 2010
Been lookin around for some replacement pads as well. I was actually thinkin of buying new ones
Concept 5:32 AM - 31 August, 2010
I was looking to buy new ones too, instead just ordered these.
[a.g.] 1:10 AM - 3 September, 2010
has anyone received their earpads? i wanna know how they are. is this site legit?
ninos 1:47 AM - 3 September, 2010
Quote:
has anyone received their earpads? i wanna know how they are. is this site legit?

+1
DJPrez 3:48 PM - 6 September, 2010
I received both my pairs and they are fine. The site is legit, they are overseas so it takes a little while to get the items. I've since ordered some fish aquarium items and a couple of 1/4" mono to rca jacks and they arrived fine.
DJPrez 2:44 AM - 7 September, 2010
Here's some pics (high resolution, may take a bit to load):

i54.tinypic.com

i55.tinypic.com

i54.tinypic.com

How they arrived (my backup pair):

i53.tinypic.com/25gdpqd.jpg
ninos 2:53 AM - 7 September, 2010
nice
Sol*los 3:30 PM - 7 September, 2010
I've been wanting to order these for awhile for my back up 700s, but wasnt sure if the site was legit.
TheKidYo 10:58 PM - 10 January, 2011
Came across this when looking for replacement parts. Just dropping a note to let anyone else know that this is the place to get replacement ear pads for the Sony V700.

Love the price. Just ordered my pair.
lazy_boy 9:22 PM - 3 April, 2011
has anyone had issues actually replacing them? there doesn't seam to be any screws to take off the old ones - I read in another Q & A that the old pads are held in by a screw that you can't get to with taking them completely apart, so when you remove them you have to just rip them off, then the new ones stretch and stay in place without a screw...

can anyone confirm or deny?
DjSkrou 1:24 AM - 24 May, 2011
Quote:
has anyone had issues actually replacing them? there doesn't seam to be any screws to take off the old ones - I read in another Q & A that the old pads are held in by a screw that you can't get to with taking them completely apart, so when you remove them you have to just rip them off, then the new ones stretch and stay in place without a screw...

Hey lazy_boy,

I just received my replacement cups (from a different vendor as mentioned above) and I am confirming that you do not need to take off any screws. The OEM ear cups do seem to be fastened down by screws. However, the replacements simply go over the outer panel of the headphone. Hope this helps! Take care
lazy_boy 6:42 PM - 24 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Hey lazy_boy,

I just received my replacement cups (from a different vendor as mentioned above) and I am confirming that you do not need to take off any screws. The OEM ear cups do seem to be fastened down by screws. However, the replacements simply go over the outer panel of the headphone. Hope this helps! Take care

Thanks a lot!