Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Serato Broadcasting to Online radio

Digitalwiz 1:22 AM - 22 August, 2010
I tried broadcasting online using serato.. the option was not there so i used the butt-shoutcast program to connect online.

connected but it realized that it was actually sending the music online through the mic.

is there a program out there that i can use to get to broadcast the sound from serato to the net. How can i do this?

I use a macbook pro and the SL1 box. really need to find something that works like to broadcast to the net.

or perhaps a built in method of broadcasting straight from the serato program - like they have in VDJ for example
Steffen Hoppe 12:45 PM - 22 August, 2010
The program you need is:

an audio cable ;)

you have to connect the rec out of your mixer to the line in of your Macbook Pro and maybe change the settings in Butt or OS X so the recording source is the line in of your Mac.
PMYSKO 9:56 AM - 19 September, 2010
There has to be a better way. I use Virtual DJ to broadcast online (for the simplicity) and I use Serato for live gigs (better sound quality). Dudes and dudettes please make so!
Digitalwiz 5:59 PM - 23 September, 2010
Ok used the cable connection... into the record part of the mixer.. but it comes out low...very low.... had to line in from the master in order to get better sound. So i am broadcasting using Butt... no issues there.....

@pmysko... i use virtual dj to broadcast too. bought the SL1 to use with vdj because i played video and wanted to be mobile since most clubs have pioneer setup etc. Have a macbook pro so thought what the hell.. VDJ and SL1 box great.. only to discover there is no third party driver of the SL1 for the Mac.. therefore while vdj for PC works with the SL! vdj for MAc does not. Ok so i am stuck with mac and the sl1 (cant get the mac bootcamped at all). So for now am making use of the mac and the SL1.....

serato does give better sound quality for now...
PMYSKO 6:51 PM - 23 September, 2010
Digitalwiz we Mac Heads get no love :(
dj nassie 5:28 PM - 6 April, 2011
is there another way to broad cast i have a sl3 box wiz method not working for me :(
djmallon 8:29 PM - 6 April, 2011
Serato will never have this feature. It's impossible to stream the 'mix' for users of the SL1, SL2, SL3, and SL4 because the 'mixing' is all done on an external mixer.

It's technically possible though to build it in for users of the 57 and 68 (since you can record the mix via the software).

It's a very niche thing though I'm afraid. As mentioned above, you'll have better luck running a line out of your mixer to the line in on your soundcard and use a third party program to stream.

Good luck.
eder 12:10 AM - 7 April, 2011
paging DJ Kagen....