Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Itch Sampler

Mike E 1:09 AM - 18 August, 2010
I have no doubt that the itch sampler will come out or am begging for serato to hurry and release it, i just wanted to ask everyone what they think the price of it would be and how it would work with a VCI-300 since vci only has 2 decks as with the numark v - etc.
Dj cuervo 2:20 PM - 18 August, 2010
Free!!!! We deserve it!!!!! Just allow midi in itch and we can buy a controller. Since the idea of itch is to never touch the computer. They have the whole keyboard to assign keys for samples. The sampler would use the aux connection. I'm using that now with Soundplant. It is pretty good but I want to use loops in the sampler and sync them to the decks. Think of the possibilities.
KLH 3:27 PM - 18 August, 2010
Quote:
I have no doubt that the itch sampler will come out or am begging for serato to hurry and release it...

Yes, those evil Serato devs are just sitting on ITCH v2.5 that has a sampler and video. They secretly DJ in underground clubs without monitors so that no one will know that ITCH v2.5 exists...

-KLH
Mike E 3:30 PM - 18 August, 2010
also 4 decks.

i aint selling another limb to get a vci-600 q.q
KLH 3:31 PM - 18 August, 2010
^ You don't need four decks with a sampler...

-KLH
Mike E 3:32 PM - 18 August, 2010
i mean as a side-note apart from the sampler D= was eye'ing the s4
DJdaveZ 6:50 AM - 19 August, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
I have no doubt that the itch sampler will come out or am begging for serato to hurry and release it...

Yes, those evil Serato devs are just sitting on ITCH v2.5 that has a sampler and video. They secretly DJ in underground clubs without monitors so that no one will know that ITCH v2.5 exists...

-KLH

can't wait for some leaks on youtube from the itch cave... ;) maybe we should get a powerful sky spotlight and put the itch logo on it... then shine it into the new zealand sky... see if that does anything... OR maybe someone knows an old school native american rain dance... but somehow we modify the dance to yield more frequent upgrades to itch...

my point is... i think they have their own timeline... without time frames... more like an order... and we will see future improvements in due time... whatever we say or write about it doesnt matter. they know we want it, but still have to do it in a certain way. in time... oh well... good luck to us.
Mike E 6:52 AM - 19 August, 2010
i'm just asking, because i wanna know before i attempt to buy a S4 l
DJdaveZ 7:00 AM - 19 August, 2010
it does look pretty cool... kinda like the a&h stuff... wonder how fluid the scratching really is on traktor though. ive never tried. curious. that all looks real cool for an electro dj... not really my speed. it does look really cool though.
czar 7:04 AM - 19 August, 2010
Beatnologic 7:10 AM - 19 August, 2010
Nice vid! This can be done on itch on ns7. Only these decks looks way better!
For the sampler, thake a look at the bridge serato.com
DJdaveZ 7:17 AM - 19 August, 2010
cool.
czar 7:35 AM - 19 August, 2010
too bad ur talking about the bridge on the itch forum when the bridge is only available for SL.

the video was for dave z. so he could see the scratching on Traktor.
Beatnologic 8:15 AM - 19 August, 2010
Quote:
too bad ur talking about the bridge on the itch forum when the bridge is only available for SL.

tru tru, but we all know that these features will also come to Itch
czar 2:48 PM - 19 August, 2010
yea how do u know?
czar 2:48 PM - 19 August, 2010
I hope u r right.
Beatnologic 2:52 PM - 19 August, 2010
Well the guys at Serato promised this ... so I really hope this because the Bridge mixtape is what I'm waiting for.
Please read [url]serato.com[/url] here they announce the Bridge for Srcatch and Itch
Mike E 3:05 PM - 19 August, 2010
wasn't really hoping for the bridge since that is alot of extra gear/cash q.q
Beatnologic 3:08 PM - 19 August, 2010
Before Itch I was always recording with Live so no extra $$ for me. Also for mixtape it's not necessary to have Ableton open so no extra load for this feature.
kraal 1:34 AM - 22 August, 2010
Quote:
yea how do u know?

cause serato and ableton said it will be... that is the one thing if serato anounces something it comes out... thus the reason they don't announce much unless they know it will be out
czar 1:50 AM - 22 August, 2010
I thought what they said was" "The bridge for Itch and SL" I never read anything about the "exact same features".. they shouldn't play with words but I also read once that the NS7 was "midi" assignable to any software, and then it changed to "if the company wishes to support it" oh and the 14bit midi signal details was also later added. just saying.. if you read that everything will be the exact same that's great. im not holding my breath for serato at all
czar 1:52 AM - 22 August, 2010
dont get me wrong though. I like serato as much as any other company.
kraal 8:04 AM - 22 August, 2010
Quote:
the NS7 was "midi" assignable to any software, and then it changed to "if the company wishes to support it" oh and the 14bit midi signal details was also later added. just saying..l

that was numark that said that serato NEVER said that.
czar 8:49 AM - 22 August, 2010
Im almost sure that it was on the itch page as "well". I will not say im sure of anything though.

what im trying to say is that I feel more confortable taking everything I read anywhere with care..

things could sometimes be more clear as "the same features that you get on SL you will get on Itch" and now that I say it like that there might actually be a statement like that somewhere I just cant seem to point to it but maybe. =]

no big deal anyways.. we have to wait for bridge for itch anyhow. =]

I just fast read thru the bridge pages and u can see "u can do "X" on bridge or itch" but im tired to actually ANALYZE every single feature to make sure everything is the same =]

It would be nice if it said in big bold letters at the top of the page "EVERY FEATURE OF THE BRIDGE IS AVAILABLE FOR EITHER SL OR ITCH" so that would save from actually going feature by feature trying to find differences. but whatever I need to sleepy =]