Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

WHY THIS SITE WILL NEVER LAUNCH

chirpflare2 8:41 AM - 17 February, 2007
because 32k is a JOKE. noone will download from here TRUST ME. this project is a waste of time, waste of a url, and a false hope for a free source of music for nerdlingtons who pretend not to download illegal files.

this was supposed to launch the beginning of january... but you havent heard from any of the mods lately... probably because they are on the way of scrapping the idea.

i told you so...
Chrisssss 9:41 PM - 17 February, 2007
if one puts some work in it with asking labels it might work out.
DJ Daze 10:19 PM - 17 February, 2007
I think its a great idea, if the labels will cooperate and put some tracks on it. Its the perfect way to get distribution without giving a free full version of the track. Isn't that what promo tracks are all about?
dj disturbed 10:27 PM - 17 February, 2007
Quote:
because 32k is a JOKE. noone will download from here TRUST ME. this project is a waste of time, waste of a url, and a false hope for a free source of music for nerdlingtons who pretend not to download illegal files.

this was supposed to launch the beginning of january... but you havent heard from any of the mods lately... probably because they are on the way of scrapping the idea.

i told you so...

32k...... its not 32k its 320k if you use it in serato... works great for me.. cant wait for it to get fully up and running
DJ-Rome 12:46 AM - 18 February, 2007
What a complete idiot. It sounds to me that YOU are one of those nerdlingtons that had false hope in having a completely FREE way to download GOOD quality songs. Then you play a song and hear a shitty version without realising it's to stop people like you from exploiting this system and downloading as many free tracks as you want for your own personal use.

The concept of this is to advertise songs from labels and give them a way to do it without leaking their songs to people who never pay for a song in their life.
DJ Prinvale` 12:57 AM - 18 February, 2007
I've played the WL songs many times at gigs and they sound GREAT! The 320k quality is perfect.
DJ-Rome 1:01 AM - 18 February, 2007
Uhh I just read this lame-asses previous posts. I THOUGHT this was the ONLY thread that HE TYPED like THIS and STRESSED all his WORDS in UPPER CASE! He's like an annoying back-freckle that won't go away, and I've only been reading through these forums for a few days.

Honestly dude, if you have such a problem with the way this works, get f***ed. Don't make demands from people who you are not paying to provide you with music. I wouldn't be surprised if you just downloaded Serato too and didn't actually buy the whole box deal.
Serato, Support
Matt G 2:25 AM - 18 February, 2007
Quote:
because 32k is a JOKE

That's why all the tracks are 320kbit, not 32kbit.

Quote:

The idea is alive and well and not being scrapped. We are still actively working to get the service fully launched.
Dj K-Zam 8:56 AM - 18 February, 2007
I've tried the WL songs and the sound is perfect (with the SL of course).
I think that this idea is brilliant, 4 us dj's we can have the original songs (also with accapella's & instrumentals) with good quality free & simply on the net !
Now I hope that Whitelabel.net will be launch .....

Big up to Serato...
m0nster 10:36 AM - 18 February, 2007
old chirpe still up to it :)

Rome, don't waste your time, you are feeding his fire :D
Morgi 11:21 AM - 18 February, 2007
The site is totally wicked, if it can keep up with the songs, complete with instutmentals and the 'sooo wonderful' acapellas, it will make DJing all so much exciting. Great work crew.
Detroitbootybass 8:25 PM - 18 February, 2007
Please... don't feed the troll (Chirpflare).

Thank you.
dj720 11:47 PM - 18 February, 2007
i bet he's complaining about the site but still downloads the tracks anyway..you know, for "research" purposes and all that..
Ghostcopy 3:19 AM - 19 February, 2007
Why have the mods not banned this LOSER all his posts have been about degrading serato, serato community and this awesome WL site.
Its sad and frustrating to keep coming across this jokes posts when trying to enjoy this site, unless the serato team like this guy i dont see why they put up with him. His constant display of a lack of knowledge and inability to reason is downright imature.
I know im blowing out abit but shit im sick of it, I just hope new commers dont get put off by this hacks comments.
B1G 12:50 PM - 19 February, 2007
well i think this is one of the greatest ideas ever. If WL.net is up and running with lots of music, who of us "not superstar djs" wont have a look at the tracklisting before going to a gig? Also the labels have many people to adress by only uploading a promo track to one platform. If there is a feedback section for every track on which everybody is serious whit their answers WL.net will in my opinion definatly also be a great benefit for the record labels, because we are the ones who play does tracks in the clubs.
Keep up the work! WL.net is going to be pioneer!
Daim 1:11 AM - 21 February, 2007
haha chirp simply is still angry because he was banned from the other board.. one kid cant destroy such a great concept
Jester- 3:13 PM - 21 February, 2007
Quote:

i told you so...

loser ..... read forums beofre making comments like this, they are not helpfull
nik39 6:45 PM - 21 February, 2007
Quote:
Please... don't feed the troll (Chirpflare).

Thank you.
theJhiz 6:45 AM - 22 February, 2007
does someone need a hug?
DJ-Rome 6:49 AM - 22 February, 2007
Come on, give me a hug, come on!
masta monk 9:08 PM - 22 February, 2007
let me make this clear so I dont get in trouble.

this is in NO way an advertisement for another service only a comparison for the moderators to hopefully see so that we can get the best out of this service

ok so there is another service extremely similar to this one that updates songs......DAILY! and its backed by labels so it is LEGAL! I cant say what site ( because I would get banned), but maybe wl.net should take some notes .the other site has almost 900 songs to dnld with inst aca clean and dirty versions for most songs, there are only 5 pages of songs on wl.net. although I do like that they are 320 bit files on wl way to go there but with the other one you are able to request the 12" single, a cd, a high bitrate mp3 or ALL of them!!! .
I am not saying that wl.net sucks and I am not saying that its awesome simply saying that this is a great IDEA and I hope it does well and it has the makings of something HUGE but there is still a long way to go in my opinion.

JUST AN OPINION SO DONT GO BASHING PEOPLE FOR THEIR OPINIONS WHATEVER THEIR VIEW IS
thanks
Monk
Serato
Jeff D 12:27 AM - 23 February, 2007
How is is backed by labels to make it legal??? Mixtapes are backed by labels...doesn't make it legal...;
masta monk 9:19 PM - 23 February, 2007
most mixtapes if you notice say FOR PROMOTIONAL USE ONLY NOT FOR RESALE
thats to try to cover their asses so they dont get sued but your right it still doesnt make it legal. but on this other site the label marketing reps send the site the music and it is ran the labels for industry professionals( mixshow, radio, club DJs and promotors ) for the purpose of breaking records and market research. you are asked a couple multi choice questions about the tracks about if you would play the song or how the club or party reacted to it and all of the information is then sent directly to the label the song is under. theres even direct contact info for the promotions and or marketing person for each track! which comes very handy because with that info I used it do get the artists to do drops for me and most of the time I get them and I dont have to pay for it!. but yes it is 100% legal with no grey area.....PERIOD. also the radio station that I used to work for for is serviced by this site as are most other stations they told me about it
Serato
Jeff D 10:07 PM - 23 February, 2007
Can a marketing rep at a record label legally sign off on that label's content??? Do they have that power to fully represent the entities needed to get real permission to use that content? (there is more than 1 entity to get clearance... even if it is just promotions)
masta monk 10:37 PM - 23 February, 2007
your right the marketing reps cant but the label execs can. the reason the promotions and marketing peoples name and contact info is there is because if an execs name and contact isnfo was there then they would be bothered by people who really would just have dealt with a marketing person .

all of these MAJOR labels are using this service to get their music to the right hands

Interscope Records
Atlantic Records
J Records
Columbia Records
Universal Records
Def Jam Recordings
Capitol Records
Virgin Records
Jive Records
Universal Music Canada
Geffen Records.

and other clients include

XM Radio
Sirius Radio
AOL Radio
Clearchannel

these companies would NOT support an illegal operation. when was the last time limewire had clients like these.......... NEVER!!!!!! basically this isnt like napster limewire or anyother record service or filesharing software or ianything else i forgot. only a powerful marketing tool that all of the major labels and lots of indie labels use to get their music out there and at the same time do some market research. and the music only goes to industry professionals. its not available to the general public. and an aplication process is involved but it is free. but by limiting the service to qualified industry professionals and not the general public the reps and higher ups are willing to legally give the music out to radio, club and mixshow djs. but just like wl.net it goes no further than the dj himself, the club you play for, the radio airwaves, or your home. if you start giving every one a copy of that song then it becomes illegal just like on wl service. even wl doesnt let you give away the songs you get.
Serato
Jeff D 11:53 PM - 23 February, 2007
Not support an illegal operation???...you have a lot to learn about record companies...suggested reading would be Hit Men by Fredric Dannen...that's a good one.

Just because an operation hasn't been sued doesn't make it legal...Labels tend to let a lot of things slide....or look the other way. Now if Serato was to follow the same path, and were to get sued, that'll pretty much end all the cool free updates you've been getting because there would be no more Serato. A simple rule of thumb when you take someone to court...make sure if you win it's worth the price of the actual procedure (and that you can actually collect).

Now if you are that sure about the legal support w/ those labels and the site you're talking about... I can give you the names and e mails of the business affairs heads at those labels so that you can present what we're arguing here... come back w their confirmation that it's all approved and shut me up.

I'm sure the people at the site will love the fact that you're bringing a site like that to their attention in the first place....
masta monk 12:13 AM - 24 February, 2007
I know ALOT about record companies , I worked for Priority. and I worked for clearchannel so between the two Ive seen alot of shaidiness stuff I couldnt believe. but I was actually talking about the companies like aol (which is a much bigger company than serato if you want to compare who has more to lose) but either way take it for what its worth bro. if you dont think its LEGAL... cool, Im not going to try to convince you otherwise. I was just saying that wl needed to up their game on the uploadng of the new songs. their path is pretty much the same as the other sites ..... except a LOT slower on putting any music up. if you dont want to wl or the other site... fine thats your choice . as I said in a previous post " this is only a comparison for the moderators to hopefully see so that we can get the best out of this service"
DJJAZZ 8:45 PM - 25 February, 2007
Anyway guys u are all up there write if it was that COOL IDEA or THIS IDEA SUCKS . I don't care bout that all but i want to know why u let the DJ's work harder or in recording the song while playing it in the serato to be able to play it on there mp3 players or in there playlists on computer .
I don't understand the idea why u let the DJ download the same song twice why don't u make it free anytime anywhere .
And for the launch thing i think that took a long time but if what we are waiting is somthing cool then why not but i don't think that 1 song per week will kill someone let someone of u guys help u at least to upload 1 song at least to make a reason for dj's to click on this website while going over there bookmarks !!

RESPECTS !
mister_wilson 2:09 AM - 14 March, 2007
is it illegal to mention digiwaxx here or something. i noticed the guy talking around it earlier in the thread. digiwaxx has some serious limitations. how do you control who has access to it...how do you keep people from taking the music made available there and trying to capatilize off of it. i don't know.

the real potential for whitelabel will be how they go about controlling the music. putting the decoder for unlocking high quality music in the scratchlive box was pretty smart. who is going to spend $500 on serato and buy turntables CD decks and a mixer just to steal music. however, if whitelabe is free to the public, they will have to make sure the code is uncrackable or anybody will be able to download music here and "unlock" the high quality version. since all of the information is contained somewhere in the file, i don't need a masters degree in digital signal processing to know that someone will probably eventually crack the code and whitelabel will be a free music bonanza. plus if they crack the code, how do you update all of the firmware in all of the scratchlive boxes to a new codec?

still the potential for whitelabel.net is huge. if scratchlive were to become an industry standard (and it is moving in that direction) you have a way to get promotional music to the early adopters, alphas, and taste makers known as Dee-jays. They can expose the music to the masses, but the masses don't have scratchlive in thier ipods and CD players so they don't show up at whitelabel to steal (unless they want a real low quality recording...something tells me that some people will be fine with that).

misterwilson
Ghostcopy 10:48 PM - 14 March, 2007
Props to misterwilson with simple but true logic
masta monk 6:14 AM - 20 March, 2007
agreed
digidowns 4:57 PM - 23 March, 2007
Part of the "problem" with the negativity here is this. Somewhere about 10 years ago everybody under the sun became a "dj". Those who know anything about the business and or industry know that a concept like this actually has potential. Coming from experience as a Billboard reporter....this could be a a wet dream for labels that until now how to eat the cost of producing hard copies of promotional material. With this they can upload a file and get a release into venues at little to no cost. If this site is such crap, stop coming to it and go back to "spinning" in your bedroom.
Nicky Blunt 2:25 PM - 26 March, 2007
This site is the dogs nuts (thats good for those who dont live in london) seriously dudes!

Keep that stuff coming!

Its imperitive that we keep tha acapella's & instrums available though!

Other than that ignore the criticism from the few and focus on the praise from the masses keep this shit comin!!!!!
DJDDT 12:55 AM - 27 March, 2007
...just keep it coming.
DjUplift 6:34 PM - 28 March, 2007
word
StevenCollins 8:48 PM - 10 April, 2007
this site is awesome i have serratto and i use it every where who hoo free dope music thank u
dj pauly 11:29 PM - 10 April, 2007
I find the site awesome as well, but I do agree we are four months past January...so, if the date is no longer January and there is a new revised date out there...then please update the site to let us know that work is in progress and the new date is...

Quality is great as well, can't wait for the other genres to come on board as well...
DJcope916 7:58 PM - 12 April, 2007
if yal hate whitelabel so much.. click that little red x on the top right of your browser, turn off you computer, take your serato back, and go buy torq... yeah this site isn't at it's peak yet but its still a beautiful interface and an excellent FREE service! so all you mod bashin white label hatin punks can take your bad vibes elsewhere.. THANK YOU SERATO!! AND THANK YOU WHITELABEL!!! ILL REP IT TO DEATH EVEN IF THE SITE NEVER LAUNCHES BECAUSE IT'S STILL SUPPORTING THE DJ'S, FOR FREE!!!

/discussion
chirpflare2 9:52 PM - 14 April, 2007
Quote:
so all you mod bashin white label hatin punks can take your bad vibes elsewhere.. THANK YOU SERATO!! AND THANK YOU WHITELABEL!!! ILL REP IT TO DEATH EVEN IF THE SITE NEVER LAUNCHES BECAUSE IT'S STILL SUPPORTING THE DJ'S, FOR FREE!!!

ass kissin wont get you shit in this forum
Jeremiah Green 3:42 PM - 23 April, 2007
Niether will being an a$$hole.
Daim 11:02 AM - 24 April, 2007
someone close this useless thread.. and ban all people under the age of 12.. guess it's only one person :p
hologram 10:04 PM - 25 April, 2007
^^ hehe You let chirpflare in here? So I see somethings never change.
Good site and good luck.
asdf54 6:06 PM - 27 April, 2007
haha, man, there are always these ppl online, on forums
asdf54 6:06 PM - 27 April, 2007
haha, man, there are always these ppl online, on forums
for real, this thread is done
asdf54 6:07 PM - 27 April, 2007
oops, no delete post button =X
chirpflare2 9:15 AM - 8 May, 2007
SEE!!!!! I posted this on Feb. ITS MAY and STILL NO SITE!!! hahahahahahahahhahaha keep waiting fellas.
slapnuts 6:33 AM - 19 May, 2007
chirpflare2

do you use cd mixers ha ha ha ha

you are an oxygen theif

regards

slapnuts
Nicky Blunt 12:15 PM - 3 December, 2009
Quote:
SEE!!!!! I posted this on Feb. ITS MAY and STILL NO SITE!!! hahahahahahahahhahaha keep waiting fellas.

Mug!!!! hahahaha