DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

BOX WITH A BAD CHANNEL

Dj Pudgey 8:51 PM - 15 February, 2007
Has anyone else had a problem with losing a channel on there Serato Box. The box the club that I dj at has had a channel go bad on the input side. Is this a common problem or what? What should the club owner do?
Audio1 9:40 PM - 15 February, 2007
Usually its bad RCA's... Try a new pair. Happened once to me, mid-rave... I swapped the RCA's and it worked.
DJ-A 9:43 PM - 15 February, 2007
thats the same thing i was going to say...
DJ-A 9:44 PM - 15 February, 2007
not sure what type of cords you use... but i like thicker ones, a prob with cheap ones is that its easy to have the end of the wires bend, that will cause a short.
QB 10:15 PM - 15 February, 2007
its probably broken id say just sell me the box for 20 bucks and buy final scratch =)
Audio1 10:29 PM - 15 February, 2007
haha. The RCA's that come with Serato can go bad fast, if you do alot of gigs. Spend a lil and get some good ones.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 12:28 AM - 16 February, 2007
keep us posted Pudgey.... btw, is that club at MountainView CA?
Audio1 12:33 AM - 16 February, 2007
At least its not the old "EDGE" (dunno what its called now, but I played there once years ago, was a complete disaster technical wise).
Dj Pudgey 7:12 PM - 21 February, 2007
Zen lounge is the club. Its not the RCA's on the output side of the box, its on the INPUT side. does not matter what you plug into the box, it has a bad channel.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 8:16 PM - 22 February, 2007
dang. so its internal mode then for that one deck :( that sux