DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Things that won't exist because of Serato...

dj Suave 8:22 AM - 10 February, 2007
I was thinking about this the other day....

What are some things that won't exist anymore because of Serato. The obvious one is no more Vinyl but right now at this moment in time Vinyl is still being produced.

1. One thing is no more jacking milkcrates from the back on liqour stores.

2. No more getting the tape labels to mark the records for the 12' O clock position.

3. No more putting the next record on the slot next to you so you can do a killer set. Just click Ctrl+> or Ctrl+< and bam....

What else.....
dj KarrsiN 10:03 AM - 10 February, 2007
No more re-oranizing your records for the millionth time...
mister iLL 12:50 PM - 10 February, 2007
no more buying a record for the 4th time because you always play it and you keep busting up your copies.
DJ GaFFle 1:12 PM - 10 February, 2007
1. No more buying doubles of anything (unless it's control vinyl).
2. No More wishing you had a remix of a song (because you can edit it yourself and make your own remix to mp3).
3. Getting those finger/hand impressions from hauling milkcrates around.
DJ e$ 3:04 PM - 10 February, 2007
One thing i had to get used was not listening to the music coming out of the needle when it was in the groove. Now I just hear the control tone.
JayB1200 3:11 PM - 10 February, 2007
less visits to the chiropractor....
Thundercat 3:19 PM - 10 February, 2007
Crate carrying entourages...now I gotta actually put 'em on the comp list.
HittinSkinzTa2 5:36 PM - 10 February, 2007
No more worrying about that drunk chick who's requesting a song banging into my shit making the record skip. Thank You Relative Mode!!! :)
DJ Nick Lee 6:43 PM - 10 February, 2007
No more confusion after a gig with multiple djs who all have some of your records in their crates or vice versa. I've lost so much vinyl that way.
DJJOHNNYM 6:50 PM - 10 February, 2007
No more "ooooo... and ahhhhs" from people seeing original record jackets and album covers.
DJ FLATLINE 7:30 PM - 10 February, 2007
no more silver permanent marker to mark cue points on the vinyl.
mister iLL 7:36 PM - 10 February, 2007
Quote:
No more confusion after a gig with multiple djs who all have some of your records in their crates or vice versa. I've lost so much vinyl that way.

oh man that's a good one! i have lost some VALUABLE stuff that way
GoodVibez 8:01 PM - 10 February, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

oh man that's a good one! i have lost some VALUABLE stuff that way
AtomicDJ 8:18 PM - 10 February, 2007
No more skipping the gym. Moving all those crates 2-4x a week sure helped keep me in shape. Carrying my computer bag just isn't doing it.
geeunot 8:25 PM - 10 February, 2007
Quote:

3. No more putting the next record on the slot next to you so you can do a killer set. Just click Ctrl+> or Ctrl+< and bam....

man you hit the spot w/ #3!! i loved doing that. well i still do, just not as often =/
DJ-Fred 8:36 PM - 10 February, 2007
now you have to spend 10 minutes outside convincing the new bouncer that your really the Dj with your little handbag, until the promoter or owner lets you in
dj Suave 9:58 PM - 10 February, 2007
These are good ones keep them coming....

I just helped my buddy load his ride for a gig and everything barely fit in his little pickup truck. I asked him imagine if you still had record crates? damn!

4. No more...."yeah I got that on 12" but it's at my Mom's house"

5. No more buying Record Bags except to fill it with Serato in that case...just one will do.

6. No more having a carpenter build you a Record Shelf you can look at your precious vinyl collection.

7. No more asking the guy at the Record Store..."Yo, can you hold these until Friday?"

8. No more going to the Record Shop and stashing the Records you want in the back hoping no none buys them.

9. Dang...I hate to say this....no more going to the Record Store....period! :( (ah....the memories)
djkevinz 10:32 PM - 10 February, 2007
Yea I really miss shopping for vinyl. And feeling really great when the DJ behind the counter pulls out one from the private stash and sells it to you.

I used to ditch class in college on new release Thursdays. :-) that was a long time ago...
djkevinz 10:35 PM - 10 February, 2007
But one time I was on a sweet camping trip with like 60 people- and I went into this little podunk town on the second day to buy booze. I kyped someone's unlocked 'linksys' wireless network (hehe), and bought some fresh tracks on Beatport and went back to drop them that night at the campsite... that is seriously almost as sweet.
Pete Moss 10:37 PM - 10 February, 2007
No more...

I wish this was available on vinyl

What should I take, because the booth is too small for everything.
DJ Nick Lee 10:42 PM - 10 February, 2007
6. No more having a carpenter build you a Record Shelf you can look at your precious vinyl collection.

Yeah I bet Ikea is taking a small hit since the rise of ssl and other similar programs.
djkevinz 10:49 PM - 10 February, 2007
Digging back through your old records that haven't been in your box and sayin 'damn I haven't played that in years'
DJ Autograph 10:53 PM - 10 February, 2007
No more sifting though records to pack crates for each gig.

I am going to miss that though. It's always fun when you bump into a record you didn't know you had.....
DJJOHNNYM 10:55 PM - 10 February, 2007
No more "reading the grooves"....

I can anticipate when a break is gonna drop, if I've been distracted, vs. trying to listen to exactly where the song is...

Tell me if I have a minute or 2 to go grab a quick soda.
dj excel954 11:03 PM - 10 February, 2007
no more trips back and forth to the car!! man i hated that ish!!
Thundercat 11:13 PM - 10 February, 2007
Quote:

I can anticipate when a break is gonna drop, if I've been distracted, vs. trying to listen to exactly where the song is...

Good news. The waveforms & markers solve that for ya. Still waiting for you to make your appearance... ;-)
SYK39 7:41 AM - 12 February, 2007
paying dues
Ralphy Rocket 8:04 AM - 12 February, 2007
No more buying "The New Model CD player" that promises "feels just like turntables....
matt212 1:13 PM - 12 February, 2007
No more buying duplicate vinyl's or cd's just because you couldn't find it when you were looking for it, knowing you already have it somewhere. I don't know how many times I bought something just because I didn't feel like looking for it also.
DJJOHNNYM 3:10 PM - 12 February, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Good news. The waveforms & markers solve that for ya. Still waiting for you to make your appearance... ;-)

I thought the waveforms only gave maybe a 10 second advance peek at what's coming up, not a snapshot of the entire record and positon of the needle in the song overall...

And stay tuned...I'll be buy shortly...My PC at work died, (or OS got corrupted), and I've had to salvage 300 gigs of data...not really hard, just nerve wracking. Hell, I needed a reason to go from 2000 to XP anyways....
Konix 3:13 PM - 12 February, 2007
Quote:
I thought the waveforms only gave maybe a 10 second advance peek at what's coming up, not a snapshot of the entire record and positon of the needle in the song overall...

Uhm, the smaller waveform is the complete song and it shows the current playhead position.
Diñolito 4:42 PM - 12 February, 2007
No more risking scratches/spilled drinks on your records beacause you have to "throw" them somewhere because you're too busy with swithing & doubling records.
mister iLL 7:47 PM - 12 February, 2007
Quote:
paying dues

unfortunately true
Thundercat 9:35 PM - 12 February, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Uhm, the smaller waveform is the complete song and it shows the current playhead position.

What he said^^ illustrated here: www.rane.com the narrower waveforms to the far left and far right of the center display (the ones with the triangle position markers) show a complete overview of the song.
Dj Spox 12:12 AM - 13 February, 2007
Quote:

yeah that's true, but
You can always drop a marker on a "break in"
KMXE 4:06 AM - 15 February, 2007
no more knowing your records inside and out (tracklist, look of the cover, feel of each individual record, quirks of each record, the sound of each record etc etc)
DJ-A 4:24 AM - 15 February, 2007
Quote:
now you have to spend 10 minutes outside convincing the new bouncer that your really the Dj with your little handbag, until the promoter or owner lets you in

Thats Funny! a few weeks ago i had to run out side on my way in i had to pull a Mic from my back pocket and talk into it to convince the guy i was suppost to be there and he had 2 minutes to let me in or the music would stop
J_Static 4:56 AM - 15 February, 2007
No more having your cuticle's BLEED from jamming your hands into the record bag looking for a song quickly....

Anyone come home and notice they're cuticle's have dry blood around them, that's because you were crate digging during your set
Konix 4:58 AM - 15 February, 2007
Quote:
No more having your cuticle's BLEED from jamming your hands into the record bag looking for a song quickly....

Anyone come home and notice they're cuticle's have dry blood around them, that's because you were crate digging during your set

Mannnn, that's happened to me many a time.
J_Static 5:01 AM - 15 February, 2007
I remember the first time I came home and saw that sh*t, I was like WTF??? Then I remember the pain of jamming my fingers in between records and feeling my cuticle getting pushed back
ABM 5:54 AM - 15 February, 2007
no more looking for my flashlight so i can read the label on the vinyl.

no more vinyl gremlins that seem to hide that copy of the track that you love.
AKIEM 6:03 AM - 15 February, 2007
lots of my records got bloody smudges on them.

hope I never get cloaned
dj Suave 6:07 AM - 15 February, 2007
Yeah I remember those days....dang...good times good times.
dj Suave 6:14 AM - 15 February, 2007
10. No more Feedback from your turntable. (Although I haven't experienced any yet)

11. No more digging through your records and saying "Oh so that's where that was!...I thought I lost that".

12. No more cutting with the transform switches unless you want the control signal to come through.. ;)

13. No more covering the Record Label so the next man doesn't know what Record you are playing. Unless you retag the Mp3 in secret code that only can understand.

Keep 'em coming.....
djkevinz 6:18 AM - 15 February, 2007
Finishing a track and tossing the record into the crowd, who goes nuts...
although I suppose you could just buy a bunch of control discs but that wouldn't be the same
djkevinz 6:19 AM - 15 February, 2007
Swappin' records with your buddies
sixxx 6:20 AM - 15 February, 2007
No more physically breaking (smashing a wack record) into tiny pieces during a radio show.
sixxx 6:22 AM - 15 February, 2007
No more "babying" of your precious record that may be a limited edition or whatever. Did you just scratch the control record? Fuck it. Just get a new one.
AKIEM 6:22 AM - 15 February, 2007
frisbee with bullshit promos
sixxx 6:23 AM - 15 February, 2007
No more braggin' that you're the only DJ in your area who got such and such exclusive on vinyl.
sixxx 6:24 AM - 15 February, 2007
No more waiting for the record labels to send you the new hot shit. No time for FedEx... just email me that shit. I'll be playing it in the next 10 minutes.
djbeatrock 6:24 AM - 15 February, 2007
No more smelling like dust and mildew looking for a break at 5 different thrift stores, but I still do it. Perfect way to spend a Saturday morning.
sixxx 6:25 AM - 15 February, 2007
Quote:
No more smelling like dust and mildew looking for a break at 5 different thrift stores, but I still do it. Perfect way to spend a Saturday morning.

You may consider taking a shower daily. :P
sixxx 6:26 AM - 15 February, 2007
For those who've done radio....

Remember getting some record which only has the dirty version and being pissed off you had to clean it and play a CD? No more of that. Now you can clean it and still spin the control record.
djkevinz 6:31 AM - 15 February, 2007
Paying more dollars (pounds!) for shipping than for the ultra-rare record you ordered from the UK, and didn't want to wait to buy more in case someone else snagged it while you were shopping
sixxx 6:33 AM - 15 February, 2007
No more limited edition vinyl or limited pressings. Well, eventually.
sixxx 6:34 AM - 15 February, 2007
No more getting pissed of at this hot new record you got AND IT'S WARPED....

and

No more trying to fix it by bending it and breaking that shit.
sixxx 6:35 AM - 15 February, 2007
NO MORE MICROWAVE DJ'S....

Oh wait... nm. That one is this that WILL exist because of Serato.

lol
JD 6:39 AM - 15 February, 2007
Quote:
Crate carrying entourages...now I gotta actually put 'em on the comp list.

Those were the days - when your boys would call u up to "call a crate".."Yo, I got the hip hop crate"
AKIEM 6:51 AM - 15 February, 2007
Quote:
For those who've done radio....

Remember getting some record which only has the dirty version and being pissed off you had to clean it and play a CD? No more of that. Now you can clean it and still spin the control record.

^unless its a wl

ever get on the radio and spin a dirty record marked clean?

hahaa

I remember this cat played dirty version of this Roxan Shante cut. oops snatch it off, try again, oops damnit, again...

I was listening on the radio laughing because I could just picture him sweating,

play --- dirty

damnit, check the label --- clean

play --- dirty

damnit, check the label again --- clean

wtf, check....

he played it three time before he said fuck it, next record
sixxx 6:54 AM - 15 February, 2007
lol @ unless it's a wl... Then again you can still edit that shit... I mean, you're gonna have to anyway... might as well run it in Pro Tools or some other program.

lol @ spinning a dirty record marked clean!!!!!
DJ Michael Basic 7:00 AM - 15 February, 2007
No more gems...everybody has everything everybody else has now.
sixxx 7:03 AM - 15 February, 2007
Quote:
No more gems...everybody has everything everybody else has now.

Oh.. I don't know about that. Special remixes and stuff can still be yours and only yours. :)
DJ Michael Basic 7:05 AM - 15 February, 2007
Eh...everything spreads around eventually...I guess unless you make something yourself...but even then, better not ever record it in a mix or someone will record it out of your mix and spread it around.
sixxx 7:06 AM - 15 February, 2007
That's what I meant. Stuff that you made yourself and if you're smart... when you record it.. you'll have drops gallore.
sixxx 7:07 AM - 15 February, 2007
Everything spreads around eventually if you're not careful... like herpes™
DJ Michael Basic 7:12 AM - 15 February, 2007
Damnit...is that what that annoying sore is? I guess my girl is making remixes too?
AKIEM 8:01 AM - 15 February, 2007
Quote:
lol @ unless it's a wl... Then again you can still edit that shit... I mean, you're gonna have to anyway... might as well run it in Pro Tools or some other program.

lol @ spinning a dirty record marked clean!!!!!

WL x Protools = Illegal

I think it was Roxanne Shante "Brothas Aint Shit" vs "Brothas Aint Ish"

cant find it right now

everytime it got to the chorus, "brovas aint shit, oohwee"
zrrrripp, "let me try that again"

hahaaaa

everythings fine, choras, "brovas aint shit, oohwee"
sixxx 8:05 AM - 15 February, 2007
I know WL x ProTools = illegal... and so what? Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

In all reality, doesnt really matter.. you can get the track anywhere else.
AKIEM 8:09 AM - 15 February, 2007
yup

when I get to that Shante record Im going to tag it like the label says
Pete Moss 11:50 AM - 15 February, 2007
Quote:
ever get on the radio and spin a dirty record marked clean?

Adrenaline - Shut the f--- up and dance

My labels are backwards
Melissa 3:03 PM - 15 February, 2007
All my local record shops are closing... Dub Vendor just converted half their shop into 'Grub Vendor' where they sell roti and patties...
Kool DJ Sheak One 6:43 PM - 15 February, 2007
No more:
Waking up at 2pm and realizing that you left a crate in the trunk in the middle of a heatwave, and hoping you don't have a 12"X12" block of wax in your car!
Dj Ryme 7:30 PM - 15 February, 2007
No more going to the record shop with $100 to spend and you find doubles of ALL the shit you have been looking for so you pull out the credit card and are late a months rent.
djSpinz 10:15 PM - 16 February, 2007
Quote:
No more worrying about that drunk chick who's requesting a song banging into my shit making the record skip. Thank You Relative Mode!!! :)

Booya! happened to me on the weekend. bouncy floors with the dj before me asking people to step back from the decks. When i went on I asked everyone to move to the front and jump as much as they like! Relative mooooooooode!
Dj KaGeN 12:03 AM - 17 February, 2007
Quote:
No more going to the record shop with $100 to spend and you find doubles of ALL the shit you have been looking for so you pull out the credit card and are late a months rent.

In a not to far off distance, I think Record Stores in general will cease to exist.
AKIEM 12:15 AM - 17 February, 2007
the ones that get online and sale gear in the store might stay
mister iLL 12:27 AM - 17 February, 2007
Quote:
All my local record shops are closing... Dub Vendor just converted half their shop into 'Grub Vendor' where they sell roti and patties...

sound of market closed, armands is closing, and cue fired all their employees (the owner sits in there by himself now). times are rugged. i just realized i'm gonnna have to start record shopping online.....this is really sad....
djtripp 3:08 AM - 17 February, 2007
Things i'll miss

1) Sliding that record sleeve back and forth on my jeans to break the cellophane perfectly at the opening.

2) Picture discs.

3) Reading the little carvings from the pressing that the artists or producers put in as a joke or shout out.

4) The snap, crackle and pop.
HittinSkinzTa2 3:49 AM - 17 February, 2007
Quote:
Things i'll miss

1) Sliding that record sleeve back and forth on my jeans to break the cellophane perfectly at the opening.

2) Picture discs.

3) Reading the little carvings from the pressing that the artists or producers put in as a joke or shout out.

Totally!!! Awww man, I just got depressed.
Dj KaGeN 11:08 AM - 17 February, 2007
Quote:
Things i'll miss

2) Picture discs.

Wow - that hit home.
bandoma 6:54 PM - 17 February, 2007
No more marking records for needle drops.

No more hang nails from digging through record sleeves.
sporty james 7:49 PM - 17 February, 2007
i dont know if its been said already but, no more trooping all over the city for a new record that you know 50 million people are gonna request that night..
theInFaDeR 8:23 PM - 17 February, 2007
also dont see much live blends anymore these days.. tons of pre-recorded remixes & blends which is cool to a certain extent but it was always fun watchin djs fly through records to put special sets & routines together & also fun doin it.. alot of laziness goin on these days & i catch myself doin it too if im not careful.

man all the posts are makin me miss the good ole days of bustin yur ass to be a dj.. now anyone with a decent mp3 collection can call themself a "DJ" times are changin FAST! or should i say already changed....
DJ-A 7:13 AM - 18 February, 2007
NO MORE LOOKING FOR A CD OR RECORD!!!!! Just type it in and BAM!
dj_soo 11:00 PM - 18 February, 2007
what saddens me is there's a breed of DJs out there now who have no concept whatsoever about digging. Spending hours in dusty thrift stores or used records stores and finding that one track with an incredible break that no one has ever heard of (or long forgotten) or finding that one out-of-print plate that you've been searching for for years.

Nothing compares to the ecstatic feeling of finding that one track on vinyl that's been elluding you for years.
KMXE 1:20 AM - 19 February, 2007
Quote:
Things i'll miss

2) Picture discs.

thats spot on - especially number 1 - i used to hate f*ckin up the plastic and having to rip it off!
J_Static 5:47 AM - 19 February, 2007
Quote:
No more "babying" of your precious record that may be a limited edition or whatever. Did you just scratch the control record? Fuck it. Just get a new one.

YES! Preach on Sixxx

Quote:
NO MORE LOOKING FOR A CD OR RECORD!!!!! Just type it in and BAM!

There's no more to say after reading this quote, sad but true!

Quote:
Nothing compares to the ecstatic feeling of finding that one track on vinyl that's been elluding you for years.

Totally agree, used to love digging, still due, its just the internet made it easier to find
Pete Moss 7:48 PM - 19 February, 2007
Quote:
what saddens me is there's a breed of DJs out there now who have no concept whatsoever about digging. Spending hours in dusty thrift stores or used records stores and finding that one track with an incredible break that no one has ever heard of (or long forgotten) or finding that one out-of-print plate that you've been searching for for years.

I still go to the thrift stores and flea markets. The only thing different now is going home and dubbing them onto the hard drive.
dj_soo 7:52 PM - 19 February, 2007
^ as do I and i'm sure a bunch of other old-school crate-diggers, but consider how many new people who never knew how difficult it was to find that one 70s funk standard on vinyl or those who instantly have access to 1000s of songs as soon as they start DJing as opposed to those that have taken years to build up their collection to what it is now...
Jay Ru 8:15 PM - 19 February, 2007
Quote:

i got caught with this one a recent out of town gig, the bar i was playing in is meant to be really hard to get into, so when i walked up to the door the bouncer didn't reconise me and i had to argue with him for about 20 mins b4 he let me in.
Jay Ru 8:19 PM - 19 February, 2007
Quote:
9. Dang...I hate to say this....no more going to the Record Store....period! :( (ah....the memories)

i still go to the record stores, tbh i've bought more records since i bought serato.
Zion-Prayz 1:42 AM - 26 February, 2007
No more 20-inch pythons from carrying crates of records around (otherwise known as paying dues) :D
KMXE 5:09 AM - 26 February, 2007
Quote:
No more measuring the price of things in records.

"$400? for a new clutch? You know how many records that is?"

LOL - man i used to do that all the time. i used to say stuff like a McDonalds meal is a 1/4 of a record (McDonalds should sponsor DJ's. at least in Australia, after a gig, McDonalds is generally the only food joint still open). Or even sh*t like a new jacket would cost me 20 records..... hahahaha.... oh man, havent thought about this in years!
djkevinz 9:59 PM - 26 February, 2007
Quote:

ROTFLMAO I used to measure EVERYTHING in records. Speeding ticket? 10 records! Gas fo' my car? 3 records! Dinner with the lady? 15 records and not even getting any booty!!
J_Static 5:45 AM - 27 February, 2007
Quote:

Obviously you hit the nail right on the head!!!
djtripp 7:50 PM - 27 February, 2007
continued

5) No more 1 n 1 spin offs with your friends on the slow nights. trying to one up your best (or worst song)

6) No more buying a spare copy cause you'll never find it on vinyl again, or you know you'll where it out. (see my collection of 9 copies of Blue Monday on 12" in various states of disrepair)

7) No more slipmats from those elusive plastic 12" covers. (see Mute/Sire Warner 12"s if you're still looking)

8) No more trying to find the break or end of song on colored vinyl. That was a bitch. I may not miss that. ;)

continued....
djtripp 7:51 PM - 27 February, 2007
*where ='s wear
blackavenger 6:16 AM - 4 March, 2007
Quote:
No more asking the guy at the Record Store..."Yo, can you hold these until Friday?"

No more going to the Record Shop and stashing the Records you want in the back hoping no none buys them.

Damn, I was notorious for both of these actions!

Yeah, I already miss that!
dj Suave 8:42 PM - 4 March, 2007
Quote:
Things i'll miss

2) Picture discs.

Yup....these are really good! Good ones Tripp!

10. No more tagging your Records for hours with the BPMs on it. By buying stickie labels or using a Sharpie.

11. No more playing the Record backwards to get rid of that skip that won't go away.

12. No more Gruv Glide Record Cleaner or using Alcohol/Water to clean your Records.

13. No more buying Sleeves, Sleeve Covers, Jackets or whatever cause your other ones got trashed.

14. No more tagging your Records with your crew name so you can well....uh......Represent!!!!

15. No more shopping for Record Crates (about $100) and trying to decide on what colors to get...hmmm...camoflauge......don't think so.

16. No more calling your boy and saying "I'll take the Speakers and Equipment...and in your car you get the crates!"

17. No more putting pieces of tiny paper or stickies in the "eye" of the record so it doesn't wiggle.

18. No more looking at hot chicks on the Record Label from the Lethal Weapon series. Dang...miss that one!

19. Don't know if this has happened yet....No more going as a guest Dj to a spot and the resident Dj saying..."yeah you can get on but did you bring your own needles?" *Note: replace the word "needles" with "External Hardrive".

20. No more getting pissed off at the UPS/Fed Ex/Mailman for leaving your Records in the mailbox and getting upset cause they warped with the sun. I even had a mailman break the records in half to fit in the tiny mailbox. IDIOT!

Keep 'em coming!
matt212 11:18 PM - 5 March, 2007
Quote:
18. No more looking at hot chicks on the Record Label from the Lethal Weapon series. Dang...miss that one!

Yup, that's how I knew which ones I didn't have. Look at the label without even looking at the songs and say, "Damn, I don't have her yet". haha
Thundercat 12:12 PM - 10 March, 2007
Quote:
No more finally "getting" that B-side that you thought was utter crap 5-10 years ago

LOL. I did that 2 days ago when ripping vinyl. Damn, why didn't I ever play this side?
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 12:38 AM - 17 March, 2007
i just walked outta this record shop with a decent copy of UTFO's 'Beats and Rhymes'. paid $10 ...a shop here in Campbell California called 'On The Corner Music' been open for four months... right next to my wife's lady doctor's offce... kid #3 scheduled for April 2nd (C-Section)
DJ-A 1:00 AM - 17 March, 2007
Quote:
i just walked outta this record shop with a decent copy of UTFO's 'Beats and Rhymes'. paid $10 ...a shop here in Campbell California called 'On The Corner Music' been open for four months... right next to my wife's lady doctor's offce... kid #3 scheduled for April 2nd (C-Section)

so, what won't exist because of serato?? your wife's lady doctor or the office?

congrads on the kid, i got married almost 2 years ago and the thought of having a kid is not one i like to think about...
dj cubicle 1:02 AM - 17 March, 2007
smoothe's posts wouldn't exist... :-)
dj cubicle 1:02 AM - 17 March, 2007
without serato, that is. hmmm, i guess that's backwards from what we're talking about. nevermind.
Zion-Prayz 1:42 AM - 18 March, 2007
If some of the features I've seen people want ever make it into SSL we won't need DJs. Just make sure the program can locate the music directory, push play and SSL will play the songs, beatmatch them, mix them, and maybe even throw in a few scratches for good measure. It's amazing how some people want to be DJs without taking the effort to acquire any of the skills. May as well just hook up an iPod to a sound system and let it play.