DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Best Case for the 57sl!!!!

marknonsense1 12:33 AM - 8 February, 2007
www.guitarcenter.com

I got it for 107.00 out the door! It's up to you to get the best price on it...

I just got it today and WOW... the best fit!!!!!
djdannyc 2:26 AM - 8 February, 2007
Nah... go to www.sixstardj.com
they hooked me up crazy....
marknonsense1 6:16 AM - 8 February, 2007
I don't see any odessy cases on that site?

I only use odessy cases but let me know if they sell odessy I'm looking for TT cases right now!

but I'm looking for a certain kind.
vio0633 6:29 AM - 8 February, 2007
I looked on the site and was looking for a style of turntable cases road ready made. You can stack em on top of each other and roll them out together. That site you linked us with djdannyc is sick though. Some awesome deals on there.
djdannyc 10:56 PM - 8 February, 2007
yeah... www.sixstardj.com is the way to go...
the case i got is made by marathon cases... They are excellent and the price i got them for just made it even better...

www.sixstardj.com
www.marathonpro.com
ABM 6:19 AM - 9 February, 2007
www.agiprodj.com

informative link on the topic
marknonsense1 6:36 AM - 9 February, 2007
Quote:
www.agiprodj.com

informative link on the topic

See odyssey case is one of the two best..... lol
ABM 8:18 AM - 9 February, 2007
I hear that the construction of Road Ready cases is top notch.
marknonsense1 12:06 AM - 10 February, 2007
Quote:

I guess but I think honda civic ( NOT A GOOD THING!) when I see Road Ready but that's me....

B4 everyone says anything dumb, We all think diff.
brett rock 7:08 AM - 10 February, 2007
these cases are $100 plus.

go to lowes or home depot. buy a taskforce or husky locking case(with keys) for about $20.

the inside has a foam padded lid and case itself contains perforated foam insert that allows you to custom fit whatever size item you want. this will protect your mixer as good as anything else for 1/5 or less of the price.

the only thing is that you have to remove the mixer from the case in order to use it unlike the more expensive cases.
DJMark 8:54 AM - 11 February, 2007
Quote:

That's the one I got. Definitely a really nice case...separate space for cables, and very sturdy construction.
DJ Barticus 1:15 AM - 12 February, 2007
Quote:

go to lowes or home depot. buy a taskforce or husky locking case(with keys) for about $20.

the inside has a foam padded lid and case itself contains perforated foam insert that allows you to custom fit whatever size item you want. this will protect your mixer as good as anything else for 1/5 or less of the price.

the only thing is that you have to remove the mixer from the case in order to use it unlike the more expensive cases.

this is the truth
Loopman 5:48 PM - 12 February, 2007
I got the road ready flight aswell.. it takes a proper beating if you travel alot :)
dj KarrsiN 3:47 AM - 15 February, 2007
Quote:
www.guitarcenter.com

I got it for 107.00 out the door! It's up to you to get the best price on it...

I just got it today and WOW... the best fit!!!!!

Is the front panel removeable? If not, doesn't the case get in the way of your head phone jack?
marknonsense1 5:00 AM - 15 February, 2007
It's removeable and I use it with the pioneer hdj1000 and the technics headphones...
dj delic 12:48 AM - 23 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

this is the truth

yup, I have some like that for my vestax pmc 37 pro, It does the job nicely tho you do have to take it out of the case.

you can find these at camera stores as well.

if cheaper is better then these are it!. I think I paid $30
DenkiBlue 3:44 PM - 23 April, 2007
These guys rock....

pelican.com
DenkiBlue 4:13 PM - 23 April, 2007
Quote:

thats disgusting........wash your mouth out......????

You want someone to think its a good thing to speand $30 to protect over $1400 worth of equipment?? For how long??
Dj Ryme 4:20 PM - 23 April, 2007
I have an odysee mixer case that I paid $50 by switching the tag at Mars music when they went out of buisiness here in Cali about 4 years ago, I think the real price was $150 though. Anyway, that thing went through my Vestax 05, my 56 (which didnt fit that great because it was a little too skinny, and now my brand new 57 (which fits perfect).

Best damn $50 i've ever spent.
DenkiBlue 4:30 PM - 23 April, 2007
Ha....

Nice work.......for investing in a $150 case......
Dj Ryme 4:51 PM - 23 April, 2007
yeah looks like crap though from all the gigging its been through.
marknonsense1 3:42 AM - 24 April, 2007
I have a new www.odysseygear.com in the box only use it once and I will trade it for a www.odysseygear.com. let me know anyone
nobspangle 7:03 AM - 24 April, 2007
Quote:
Holds a Rane Empath mixer and two 1200s.

Two very small 1200s ;)
Dj Ryme 4:24 PM - 24 April, 2007
lol, thats kind of wierd.
DJ MDX 12:15 AM - 25 April, 2007
Quote:

Road Ready Cases has my vote over the Odyssey.

IMO, much better construction and definitely top notch!
marknonsense1 5:32 AM - 25 April, 2007
Odyssey all the way for me!
DenkiBlue 6:14 AM - 25 April, 2007
Pelican - all the way.................waterproof.....and they float...I think??
marknonsense1 6:28 AM - 25 April, 2007
Quote:
Pelican - all the way.................waterproof.....and they float...I think??

lol, If your ever out to sea maybe Pelican is the better case.
DJJorel 8:10 AM - 25 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Road Ready Cases has my vote over the Odyssey.

IMO, much better construction and definitely top notch!

From what I hear...they both get their cases from the same manufacturer.....in China!

I've had good experiences with both....
Steve_Dub 5:33 PM - 26 April, 2007
Same here, my mixer case is odyssey, my turntable cases are road ready, my old turntable cases were odyssey. All of them lasted forever, havent had to replace any yet.
marknonsense1 4:12 AM - 27 April, 2007
I got the fttblk case and I got to say I'm liking the road ready look a little better!
DJ Prinvale` 11:52 PM - 14 May, 2007
Quote:

I hate to bump this up but do you have a link or model # for these cases? I went to homedepot but couldn't really find anything. Maybe I was looking for the wrong thing.

any extra info would be great :) I need to pick one up pretty soon
Niro 6:25 AM - 15 May, 2007
It's in the tool section, it's really not that great of a case. I had one way back, it will fit your mixer and not much else and I won't trust it's reliability too much. If you have a 57, just anti up and get the rane case, it's worth the dough.

S
cappinkirk 3:03 PM - 15 May, 2007
get the rane case!!!
cappinkirk 3:05 PM - 15 May, 2007
rane.com

Mixer Road Case

This rugged case fits any of the Empath models, the TTM 56 or the TTM 57SL. The lid has a heavy-duty hinge. It has a compartment underneath the mixer for extra items such as headphones, cables, etc. It also works as a nice big insulated lunchbox!

The case measures 9.25" x 12" x 16" (23.5 x 30.5 x 40.5 cm). Shipping weight is 13 pounds (6 kg).
marknonsense1 9:35 PM - 15 May, 2007
I never use my 57sl mixer case and I'll trade it PM me if you'd like to talk about it! thanks
DJ Prinvale` 10:44 PM - 15 May, 2007
Quote:
I never use my 57sl mixer case and I'll trade it PM me if you'd like to talk about it! thanks

thanks for the offer!

I thought about the case right after I posted about the homedepot one. 5 minutes later I ordered the rane case. Kinda expensive but paying more for a business / product you believe in is worth it.

it's already been shipped and is due to arrive Thursday :) just in time!
marknonsense1 12:00 AM - 16 May, 2007
Ok, I was going to get the rane case too it's nice but they wanted like $110 for it out the door and I got my odyssey case for $107 and I like the way it feels.
Niro 3:38 AM - 16 May, 2007
I really like the rane case because it fits the mixer nicely and you have room below for all you accessories.

S
m0nster 11:19 AM - 16 May, 2007
good thing you saved that 3 bucks lol
cappinkirk 2:12 PM - 16 May, 2007
the rane case is like 200
marknonsense1 10:04 PM - 16 May, 2007
Quote:
the rane case is like 200

for the everyday people, I'm a pimp!
Steve_Dub 6:33 PM - 17 May, 2007
that rane case looks too damn big though just to hold your mixer, not sure I would want another huge case to compliment my road ready tt cases, to each his own.
Niro 10:17 PM - 17 May, 2007
The rane case isn't that big, I think it is the same size as the road ready case. I can uderstand if you want it to match your other cases. The rane case matches my anvil turntable cases. Plus I'm not a big fan of the ball corners.

S
DJ Prinvale` 10:45 PM - 17 May, 2007
just got the rane mixer in. Damn it's nice :) I like how I can store extra cables n'stuff below it.

Glad I forked out the $$$ for it :)

thanks all
Niro 7:45 AM - 18 May, 2007
^^^ The key thing is to put a foam between the mixer and the bottom compartment, so you don't bang up your mixer during transportation. The case is dope, I use to carry my harddrive in there. I think you can also fit all of your serato accessories in there.

S
cappinkirk 2:11 PM - 21 May, 2007
yes the rane case is supreme
Awedamn 9:50 PM - 21 May, 2007
So if i get the rane case, do i have to go out and get some foam or does it come with the case?
Niro 11:16 PM - 21 May, 2007
A foam seperator doesn't come with the case, you don't have to use anything. Personally I don't like anything bumping into the bottom of my mixer. You can pretty much use anything you want, cloth, foam, padded baggy....

S
matt212 3:49 AM - 22 May, 2007
They need to make a mixer case with the sliding laptop stand on it, like the Odyssey coffin.
marknonsense1 3:52 AM - 22 May, 2007
Quote:
They need to make a mixer case with the sliding laptop stand on it, like the Odyssey coffin.

Hey that would be nice.
DJ Geoff B 11:10 AM - 31 May, 2007
I got the Road Ready case for the TTM-56 for my 57. My Vaio laptop fits perfectly on the back part of the case (in fact, it locks in like it was designed to fit there).

I had to cut down the foam a little to accomodate the wider body of the 57, which took about 5 minutes. I also removed the Road Ready nameplate on the back of the case to open up the "mousehole" so the cables can go all the way out the back of the case and not interfere with the mixer's seating.

The case is extra long, but not so much that it sticks out from a normal table. The extra compartment ("doghouse") that my mixer covers during use makes a convenient place to store cartridges.
DJ Geoff B 11:11 AM - 31 May, 2007
The Road Ready TTM-56 case...

roadreadycases.web.aplus.net

I got it for $93 from Guitar Center.
I am Bounce 8:29 PM - 2 June, 2007
Well, it seems that there is not really much for options unless you want to use the mixer outside of the case.

This being said, I got the Road Ready 10Inch Mix case - hooked up @ GC for $70.00 + Tax.

I got it with the mixer for a little under $1200.00 plus tax...
CQuence 4:31 AM - 4 June, 2007
Im headin to GC tomorrow to pick up the Road Ready Case. Last week when I bought the 57 the sales guy offered the case for 75 bucks, hopefully he does the same tomorrow
matt212 5:39 PM - 14 June, 2007
Alright.....I officially have the best and one of a kind, exclusive TTM57SL Case ever!!!!! Take a look. You've seen it here first. haha.

i78.photobucket.com
i78.photobucket.com
i78.photobucket.com
i78.photobucket.com
cappinkirk 6:36 PM - 14 June, 2007
ooo! thats very unique!

thats gangsta
Duran7609 7:13 PM - 14 June, 2007
very cool.
be careful if you buy the roadready RRTTM56 case.....the 57 is a bit too big for it, so you'll have to cut the foam a bit, and its the hard foam material, so it might not look as clean as you'd like
nobspangle 7:45 PM - 14 June, 2007
Quote:
very cool.
be careful if you buy the roadready RRTTM56 case.....the 57 is a bit too big for it, so you'll have to cut the foam a bit, and its the hard foam material, so it might not look as clean as you'd like

If you're going to buy a roadready case get one that fits the empath, the mixers are the same size.
CQuence 8:57 PM - 14 June, 2007
I just got the Road Ready RR10mix and its great for my 57
Duran7609 9:35 PM - 14 June, 2007
Quote:
I just got the Road Ready RR10mix and its great for my 57

did it fit ok?? even with the headphone jack in front?
CQuence 4:31 PM - 15 June, 2007
Yea it fit good, the case was almost a little to big, so I had to stuff the foam in there to get a snug fit.
djoneswitch 8:13 PM - 15 June, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

thats disgusting........wash your mouth out......????

You want someone to think its a good thing to speand $30 to protect over $1400 worth of equipment?? For how long??

My VJ friend from NYC has a road ready case. Average price is 100 bucks. Those cases are good for CDJ/DVJ units. They mess up ur mixer. His DJM 800 got messed up koz of the road ready case. You need proper padding. He recommended a SKB after my DJM 500 had the same problem with the Raod ready cases. Mid priced, durable and secure(padlock) and water proof.....and it dosent look like a Honda Civic for those who doont like Civics. i think Civivs are cool.Have you seen the '07?
AdamJay 8:12 PM - 18 June, 2007
i realize its not a hard case , but is anyone using the Odyssey BCDJMIX bag?

www.jrrshop.com

I already have a solid swiss army trolly bag for everything besides the 57SL, i dont really wanna drop a ton of loot on a bag like the BshuttleC that will hold everything and have to retire the bag my g/f got me... so i'm looking for a lightweight case for the 57 only.
MarathonPro 3:58 AM - 28 June, 2007
Marathon MA-10MIXLT www.marathonpro.com
Marathon MA-12MIXLT www.marathonpro.com
Quote:
Alright.....I officially have the best and one of a kind, exclusive TTM57SL Case ever!!!!! Take a look. You've seen it here first. haha.

i78.photobucket.com
i78.photobucket.com
i78.photobucket.com
i78.photobucket.com
vidoona 12:07 AM - 29 June, 2007
Dammit, how many companies are gonna try and peddle their stuff here.
djdannyc 1:51 AM - 29 June, 2007
i just got that case from www.sixstardj.com
marknonsense1 9:44 PM - 29 June, 2007
Quote:
Marathon MA-10MIXLT www.marathonpro.com
Marathon MA-12MIXLT www.marathonpro.com
Quote:

i78.photobucket.com
i78.photobucket.com
i78.photobucket.com
i78.photobucket.com

Well how much is it?
matt212 7:05 PM - 30 June, 2007
That marathon case is $169 or $179. Not to be confused with the one I got. There is no SL1 pit in the marathon case at the current moment.
AdamJay 7:55 PM - 30 June, 2007
Matt212... how much did your odyssey case cost?
DJ Quintessence 8:23 PM - 30 June, 2007
Toronto Cats should check out Sunshine sound & Lighting. Got a great deal on these cases!
RayRay 4:24 AM - 1 July, 2007
Matt212, I cant find that case on the odyssey site. Where did you find it?
matt212 7:40 AM - 2 July, 2007
It was a custom order I got done and it was about $300 including everything. I called Odyssey around June 1st and told them what I wanted done, and it took about 2 weeks to arrived and that's when I posted the pics. About a week and half later Marathon made their cases available for purchase for a decent price. It's not the same exact case as my Odyssey prototype, but it does the job.
RayRay 3:01 PM - 2 July, 2007
Matt212,

Cool man thanks alot.The case looks nice.
Grundy 4:52 PM - 7 March, 2008
Just custom ordered a TTM 57 case from Calzone directly. Changed some specs of the Rane/Calzone case different handle and Aluminum sides, etc. Can't wait until I get it. I will throw up some pics.
DJ Dill Pickle 12:46 PM - 11 March, 2008
i have road ready everything:

2 - coffins; (1210s + ttm 57) & (cdj200 + stanton 2 ch sa3 -3)
1 - Rack mount unit ( 2 ch DBX 31 band grap eq + 2ch DBX compressor/limiter)

And i look forward to buying this; www.roadreadycases.com

very happy w road ready.
DJ Cykophuk 1:15 PM - 11 March, 2008
Quote:

i78.photobucket.com
i78.photobucket.com
i78.photobucket.com
i78.photobucket.com

This case is OK...BUT:
1) the top shelf ears are pointless and the hinges stick up, so there os no flat surface.
2) the fit of the mixer in the case is hinky and the mixer is not secured properly. The peice of included foam puts too much stress on the nobs when installed with velcro on the bottom of the lowershelf.
3) the pop out front needs to be notched out to make space for the foot pedal and headphone jacks.
djmoneyd425 5:00 PM - 11 March, 2008
i don't see any ears or hinges on the top self...maybe an updated version? i've seen the one you're talking about, so that's a valid point with that one, but moot with this one.
DJ Cykophuk 5:13 PM - 11 March, 2008
Quote:
i don't see any ears or hinges on the top self...maybe an updated version? i've seen the one you're talking about, so that's a valid point with that one, but moot with this one.

my bad...should have looked at all the pics...looked alot like the case I have with 2 shelves and a fold out top.
theJAV 7:02 AM - 12 March, 2008
I have that Odyssey Case with the 2 shelves that slide to the front.. Lots of room for everything, but it's just as heavy as my Road Runner case (w/1200 in it). . I still love it though, i got tired of looking for sh-t to put my laptop on. . And over here in Iraq, it's like - if you can't find it, that's it. Can't run out to the store and get what you need, u know?

I paid a grip for my case though...got it off of Turntablelab.com . . couldn't find it anywhere else, that would ship out here . .
theJAV 7:06 AM - 12 March, 2008
Quote:

This case is OK...BUT:
1) the top shelf ears are pointless and the hinges stick up, so there os no flat surface.
2) the fit of the mixer in the case is hinky and the mixer is not secured properly. The peice of included foam puts too much stress on the nobs when installed with velcro on the bottom of the lowershelf.
3) the pop out front needs to be notched out to make space for the foot pedal and headphone jacks.

Can't see the pics (the photobucket joints) over here in Iraq (blocked by Websense), but it sounds like you're talkin about the same mixer case i got..The Odyssey one. . All of the above points are true, but not a super deal breaker for me. The Marathon one looks dope too...Maybe better than the one I splurged on.
matt212 4:44 AM - 14 March, 2008
Quote:
Quote:

i78.photobucket.com
i78.photobucket.com
i78.photobucket.com
i78.photobucket.com

This case is OK...BUT:

1)Huh??
2)Huh??
3)Huh??

Okay, I see you didn't look at all the pics. I was reading that and was wondering what the hell you were talking about. haha

My case is totally different from what they are making now, so it's not an updated case. I got mine done before they started mass producing them and before marathon made theirs. The thing I also like about mine is that it has the SL1 pit in the platform but I use it for my mic unit.
djmoneyd425 10:03 AM - 14 March, 2008
+1 for reading the whole thread before you making redundant posts.
FU_PAY_ME 2:12 PM - 26 March, 2008
Quote:
I have that Odyssey Case with the 2 shelves that slide to the front.. Lots of room for everything, but it's just as heavy as my Road Runner case (w/1200 in it). . I still love it though, i got tired of looking for sh-t to put my laptop on. . And over here in Iraq, it's like - if you can't find it, that's it. Can't run out to the store and get what you need, u know?

I paid a grip for my case though...got it off of Turntablelab.com . . couldn't find it anywhere else, that would ship out here . .

I was thinking about getting that case myself for my 57 and 2 cdj 800's. Are you using CDJ or TT's. I ask because I want to know how heavy that case will be with everthing in it (the CDJ's and 57)
paazel 6:41 AM - 27 March, 2008
custom made calzone all the way!
Grundy 6:07 PM - 30 March, 2008
Quote:
custom made calzone all the way!

I agree here is my custom from Calzone based off of the standard Rane Calzone briefcase.
i76.photobucket.com
i76.photobucket.com
i76.photobucket.com
i76.photobucket.com
i76.photobucket.com
Dj Mayhem 8:59 PM - 5 April, 2008
I hated my odyssey cases i had...latches were garbage.

RoadReady FTW