DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Apples and Oranges

DJ-A 6:12 PM - 5 February, 2007
I will be using a G4 Ibook to run Serato (as soon as i buy the software) does anyone have experiance? I will also be using an External Drive. Is it possible to install the software and runn it from this drive?
dj disturbed 6:14 PM - 5 February, 2007
well.. you install the software to the internal HD... you have to install the software to the HD that your OS is running on. you can put all your mp3's on the external and use them with SSL fine
DJ-A 6:24 PM - 5 February, 2007
I've heard about sound quality issues with the last update. When i install the software does the newest version automatically download
sixxx 6:27 PM - 5 February, 2007
I have a G4 iBook as well. It runs beautifully. I also have a firewire external. Just put all your music in your external. My understanding is that with the newest version of iTunes you can have multiple music libraries. For instance, you could have one with music from your external and another one with music from your internal. But, I don't know much about it since I really don't have use for it. Use the search box to locate that info if you need it. Someone already explained how to do that.
sixxx 6:29 PM - 5 February, 2007
SSL never gets upgraded automatically. I don't have any sound issues with the latest release (not the beta).
a-swift 6:52 PM - 5 February, 2007
i run serato on my G4 12 inch powerbook, it's kinda like the ibook i guess. i can't think of a better laptop to run it on.