DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

what's this FINALSCRATCH OPEN and TRAKTOR SCRATCH crap?

burnz 5:31 PM - 23 January, 2007
Just received an email from Traktor about 'Traktor Scratch':

www.native-instruments.com

Is this an entirely new product based on FinalScratch?

What is this FinalScratch Open from Stanton?

www.stantondj.com

I thought (rightly so) that the FS platform was as dead as a dodo, but it seems not.
tig ol' bitties 6:00 PM - 23 January, 2007
JohnDP1 6:34 PM - 23 January, 2007
why should it be crap? Traktor Scratch has NOTHING to do with Finalscratch made by Stanton.
Sammy J 6:43 PM - 23 January, 2007
Open means that any software developers can make their own program for Final Scratch.
DJ d.range 6:48 PM - 23 January, 2007
Quote:
why should it be crap? Traktor Scratch has NOTHING to do with Finalscratch made by Stanton.

cause its not SSL
burnz 6:54 PM - 23 January, 2007
Quote:

Did Traktor not create the software for FinalScratch? If so they are more than worthy of the presumption it will be 'crap'.
burnz 6:55 PM - 23 January, 2007
Quote:
Open means that any software developers can make their own program for Final Scratch.

Does this mean the original FS will not be supported by Stanton? I don't see what benefits would occur from outsourcing the product given that the first one was a technical failure.
DJ Jakub 6:59 PM - 23 January, 2007
Traktor is just the software name, the company's name is Native Instruments. They are very well known for their VSTs such as Reaktor/Absynth/Pro-53/Battery, which are top notch. The Traktor software has been buggy, especially with the intergration with Final Scratch. NI has always blamed Stanton because they controlled the hardware, it will be interesting if now that they control the hardware, it will be any diffrent.
burnz 7:05 PM - 23 January, 2007
OK I understand now. I agree NI have a very good reputation with Reaktor etc. It will be interesting if they can translate this level of quality into Traktor Scratch.

I don't understand why Stanton are still pushing FinalScratch though. It seems a bit of a cop out to have abandoned the software side of the product, and then try and market it as usable with third party programs - hardly an 'integrated' (or reliable) system.
nik39 11:14 AM - 24 January, 2007
Quote:
Traktor is just the software name, the company's name is Native Instruments. They are very well known for their VSTs such as Reaktor/Absynth/Pro-53/Battery, which are top notch. The Traktor software has been buggy, especially with the intergration with Final Scratch.

That wrong. It has been buggy before not since integration of FS.
DJ Yaz 11:46 AM - 24 January, 2007
Quote from Stanton site...

Stanton has now opened the Final Scratch format, allowing all software companies, big and small, to take advantage of time code support. We believe that by providing this technology free of charge to developers, as well as linking its use with the ScratchAmp, FinalScratch users will now enjoy an unbelievable new realm of possibility. FinalScratch OPEN now has the potential to become a cross software standard for vinyl control.

With FinalScratch OPEN, we are now shipping the world-class Stanton ScratchAmp as a standalone piece at an incredible value, and working with software developers to offer DJs the opportunity to choose the option that�s best for them. As an existing ScratchAmp owner, you can enjoy this benefit immediately! Stay tuned for the next steps...

...that's interesting?!?
burnz 6:14 PM - 25 January, 2007
interesting because they have finally realised that FS has been a failure
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 10:03 PM - 25 January, 2007
after using FS2, it just makes me apreciate SSL even more