DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

A huge record collection

Serato
dave 1:49 AM - 23 January, 2007
brett rock 2:11 AM - 23 January, 2007
thats right...
DJ_CARY 3:29 AM - 23 January, 2007
wow...wish i had a room like that!
punosion 7:04 AM - 23 January, 2007
Digitize THAT! >:)
DJ FLATLINE 7:04 AM - 23 January, 2007
wow...
tig ol' bitties 2:23 PM - 23 January, 2007
thats almost unhealthy.
gzentertainment 2:49 PM - 23 January, 2007
Quote:
thats almost unhealthy.

ALMOST... lol
tig ol' bitties 2:50 PM - 23 January, 2007
"Obsessed much" *in the wayne's world voice. haha
tig ol' bitties 3:09 PM - 23 January, 2007
Quote:
"Obsessed much" *in the wayne's world voice. haha

oops I mean *in the voice of Ace Ventura* :p
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 5:35 PM - 23 January, 2007
like whoa ! fer shure dude :)
DJ Limelight 8:14 PM - 23 January, 2007
Dayyyyum! 500,000 records? Dude had some heat too! I saw a Velvet Underground record and a promo Tom Tom Club Genius of Love.

He's right though. Japanese and East Asian kids WILL beat you to some sh*t. I was digging in this dirty, foul, dusty basement of an old record store in Times Square and the owner told me that some Japanese kids had been there and cleaned out all of his hard to find classic hip-hop. *dammit*
That Guy 1 9:00 PM - 23 January, 2007
I think EarWax in Atl has more vinyl.
Dj Ryme 9:11 PM - 23 January, 2007
anyone catch that piece on dj shadow in scratch where he was diggin in that old basement....... now that was alot of fuckin records.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 9:14 PM - 23 January, 2007
i hope that's what heaven will be like....surrounded by endless supply of wax.... oh, and a pair of techs and a 57, or 58 both hooked up to a mac/pc
punosion 9:14 PM - 23 January, 2007
Quote:
anyone catch that piece on dj shadow in scratch where he was diggin in that old basement....... now that was alot of fuckin records.

Yep yep...pillars of vinyl without sleeves everywhere...
dj disturbed 9:16 PM - 23 January, 2007
lol..there is an old store here where i live that has not been open for years.. ifyou look through the dirty windows.. all you see is old vinyl inside!!! and at the stip club i work at sometime.. it used to be a dance club (used to have one of the best lighting systems on the east coast 15 years ago) they have 2 rooms above the dj booth (you have to take a ladder down into the dj booth to get into it) in the old dance club part of the building (that they use for storage now) that are full of vinyl also..... that reminds me of shadow digging in that basement every time i see it
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 9:43 PM - 23 January, 2007
Quote:
lol..there is an old store here where i live that has not been open for years.. ifyou look through the dirty windows.. all you see is old vinyl inside!!! and at the stip club i work at sometime.. it used to be a dance club (used to have one of the best lighting systems on the east coast 15 years ago) they have 2 rooms above the dj booth (you have to take a ladder down into the dj booth to get into it) in the old dance club part of the building (that they use for storage now) that are full of vinyl also..... that reminds me of shadow digging in that basement every time i see it

SSL forum Field Trip!!! alllll aboard :)
dj disturbed 9:44 PM - 23 January, 2007
ol
DJ Limelight 2:43 AM - 24 January, 2007
Quote:
I think EarWax in Atl has more vinyl.

They have mad vinyl there too, but they don't have 1/2 a million pieces.
sixxx 6:32 AM - 24 January, 2007
They should break their 1/2 million into tiny pieces and turn it into billions
That Guy 1 7:16 AM - 24 January, 2007
Actually, they have over 100k just in the back, plus they may still have plenty in storage. Then, Richard and Jasz have collections. I've been to Richard's house--whew, VINYL!!
DJ Limelight 12:07 AM - 25 January, 2007
^^ Yeah. I was only there once, the had a dope ass collection though.
prof. rockwell 1:38 AM - 25 January, 2007
yeehaw! I know this spot - they occasionally have sales, like once or twice a year. Got a dope Funkronomicon shirt there.
CMOS 2:34 AM - 25 January, 2007
Gimme 2 turntables, a 20 pack of carts, a kilo of yayo, 20 cartons of newports, and 3 kegs of corona, ill have that shit digitized in a month.
DJ Limelight 4:26 AM - 25 January, 2007
^^ LOL @ a kilo of yayo
That Guy 1 4:32 AM - 25 January, 2007
Quote:
Gimme 2 turntables, a 20 pack of carts, a kilo of yayo, 20 cartons of newports, and 3 kegs of corona, ill have that shit digitized in a month.

You sound like a crack-head. I know other crack-heads who will do it cheaper.
CMOS 9:39 AM - 25 January, 2007
ahhh but will they do it without clipping hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?