DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DJ SPIDER POWER 106 MIX

hustlas 6:04 AM - 16 January, 2007
Power106 (105.9FM - Los Angeles) on Dec 28th

www.therealdjspider.com
Jay-R 7:04 AM - 16 January, 2007
nice set! i like thier club style they did over the holidays.
Sheeds 7:11 AM - 16 January, 2007
tracklisting? =T
DJ Jayzon 12:35 PM - 16 January, 2007
Here's what I managed to hear from Part 1, I left out all Fatman Scoop samples and stuff like that:

1. Tom Tom Club - Genius Of Love
2. Busta Rhymes - Touch It (Blend)
3. Eric B & Rakim - I Know You Got Soul (Blend)
4. Bob Marley - Could You Be Loved
5. Common - Go (Blend)
6. Jackson 5 - I Want You Back (Blend)
7. Frankie Cutlass - Puerto Rico
8. Modest Mouse - Float On
9. One Way - Cutie Pie
10. T La Rock - It's Yours (Acapella) Vs. Nu Shooz - I Can't Wait
11. Sly Boogy - That'z My Name (Instrumental) Vs. Lauryn Hill - Sweetest Thing (Acapella)
12. Cassie - Me & U (Acapella) Vs. ?
13. Marvin Gaye - Sexual Healing (Blend Vs. Ying Yang Twins - Wait)
14. Ghostface Killah - Cherchez LaGhost (Instrumental) Vs Ciara - Goodies (Acapella)
15. E-40 - Tell Me When To Go
16. Bow Wow Wow - I Want Candy (Blend with Young Leek - Jiggle It)
17. Fatman Scoop Vs. Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
18. Gnarls Barkley & Kardinal Offishall - Crazy
19. Ying Yang Twins - Dangerous
20. Pitbull - Bojangles Vs. ? (Blend)

Break

21. Crooklyn Clan - It Takes Scoop
22. Aretha Franklin - Respect (W/ Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl (Instrumental)
23. The Killers - Somebody Told Me (Sizzahandz remix)
24. Sean Paul - We Be Burnin
25. ?
26. Ying Yang Twins - Shake Vs. Tone Loc - Wild Thing (Instrumental) Vs. ? Vs. Afrika Bambaataa - Looking For The Perfect Beat (Instrumental)
27. Black Eyed Peas - My Humps (Acapella) Vs Lady Sovereign - Love Me Or Hate Me (Instrumental)
28. Lady Sovereign - Love Me Or Hate Me
29. The Federation - I Wear My Stunna Shades
30. Guantanamera Vs Coolie Dance
31. Lumidee ft. Fatman Scoop - Dance
32. Miami Sound Machine - Conga

Break
DJ Jayzon 12:45 PM - 16 January, 2007
Part 2

Part 2

33. Partybreak ?
34. Cajmere - Percolator
35. Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams
36. Trick Daddy ft. Ludacris - Sugar (Acapella)
37. White Stripes - 7 Nation Army
38. ?
39. Diplo Vs The Beatles - Shake It Up
40. Madonna - Hung Up
41. Bun B - Hold U Down (Instrumental)
42. Rick Ross - Hustlin (Blend W/ The Clash - Rock The Casbah)
DJ Mo Rada 3:37 PM - 16 January, 2007
$hit is dope...... id kill to get my handz on that Miami Sound Machine - Conga mash
dyvrs 6:44 PM - 16 January, 2007
this is why i fucking love radio in LA vs here in NYC. cuz these kats actually kut it up and dont sound like shit. go power 106.

that miami sound machine is his mash you hear him drop the coolie riddim on it himself.
dyvrs 6:56 PM - 16 January, 2007
guess not about the miami sound machine, dj homicide dropped the same mix.
DJ Michael Basic 7:52 PM - 16 January, 2007
The Conga shake is a DJ Steve1der mashup. Spider and Steve are partners, and they produce all sorts of mashups together. It'll probably end up on Crooklyn Clan sooner or later.

Spider plays a lot of pre-made mashups, but they are almost all either his or Steves.

#33 is Crooklyn Clan - Rock Mix (Some Different Ish)

#38 is Gwen Stefani Crash vs. AC DC You shook me all night long.
djaction 11:04 PM - 16 January, 2007
man.. the only thing close to this we get in NYC, is SPINBAD for like 5 minutes on Z100.
dj skraps 11:08 PM - 16 January, 2007
ya...they were puttin in work over the holidays!
DJBlisk 11:21 PM - 16 January, 2007
Steve1der is dope as well.
dyvrs 11:58 PM - 16 January, 2007
Quote:
man.. the only thing close to this we get in NYC, is SPINBAD for like 5 minutes on Z100.

agreed!!! and when they cut his time on power 105 to make room for clue that was a big mistake.

mixmasters weekend on hot 97 wasnt even close to some of the shit i heard during power 106's mix weekend. all i hear is a bunch of talking, shout outs, and sound effect so the mix into each track wont sound so bad.
Dj Ryme 12:01 AM - 17 January, 2007
Just an FYI...... Power only does that stuff once a year around christmas/new years. Thats the only time they have the freedom to play what they want. Every other time you turn to the station its the same top 40 crap. Shot outs to all my boys that work for the station ha ha, I will not name any names ;P
el presidente 2:24 AM - 17 January, 2007
that am mix that everyone seems to talk about came from that same day the year prior. this year vice, echo, stonerokk, grahame funke, fashen, fashen, eric dlux, homicide and richard humpty vission rocked it in addition to spider. it was a hot day of mixing,
dj skiggz 2:33 AM - 17 January, 2007
Quote:
Just an FYI...... Power only does that stuff once a year around christmas/new years. Thats the only time they have the freedom to play what they want. Every other time you turn to the station its the same top 40 crap. Shot outs to all my boys that work for the station ha ha, I will not name any names ;P

damn no wonder power 106 sucks as of late. I was starting to like the station for once. Now they play "jay z's - show me what you got" all day, that song could be one of the worst songs ever.
DJ Michael Basic 3:12 AM - 17 January, 2007
I have all the sets from that day...I'll try and get em uploaded.
sG 3:26 AM - 17 January, 2007
dj skiggz 3:30 AM - 17 January, 2007
nice
dj b easy 4:19 AM - 17 January, 2007
wow...thats an ill lineup
Audio1 4:30 AM - 17 January, 2007
Thanks, now download em and trash em just like you did DJ AM's Power 106 set. hahahha
Dj Gilligan 7:58 AM - 17 January, 2007
Just wondering if anyone can tell me 2 tracks that are in fashens mix 1 . He has hall & Oates Rich Girl with something and also what track is the one using Supertramp Breakfast In America Sample the sample says "Take a Look at My girlfriend"

Thanks
r_dub 1:21 PM - 17 January, 2007
Gym Class Heros - Cupids Chokehold

is the track that samples Supertramp
DJ Mo Rada 2:30 PM - 17 January, 2007
slowly but surely, i hear Hot 97 DJ's droppin more mashups/blends/remixes . they always cutem short too, like the producer is getting in their ear "wtf r u playin?"
djaction 2:56 PM - 17 January, 2007
yeah I actually almost wrecked my car the other day when I heard a Franz Ferdinand mashup on hot97.. it was Cipha Soundz spinning. So far he's one of the only DJ's on that channel that will MIX and go beyond playing predictable hot97 playlists.
dyvrs 6:57 PM - 17 January, 2007
If you catch Cipha live once he goes into his 120 BPM set of old house he'll throw in alot of surprises. I guess he dosent care what he plays because he plays whatever he wants when hes on Sirius.

Again, the NY radio scene has been the same shit for years and years hopefully it will change to more diverse radio like power 106. sorta like what the cali guys did for turntablism and scratching back in the day, the country caught on.
j_maxx85 7:47 PM - 17 January, 2007
anybody know the playlist for fashen set?
djaction 8:30 PM - 17 January, 2007
haha yeah I think I heard Cipha drop Marshall Jefferson in a set last week. Had me do the triple take like.. Did he just drop that shit?
DJBlisk 8:36 PM - 17 January, 2007
LA radio sucks cack too.

that day is an anomily. most of the time, it sucks. If I have to hear one more crappy Game track... I'm gonna shoot dr. dre.
DJ Mo Rada 9:48 PM - 17 January, 2007
damn..... i miss catchin Riz & Siz on KTU on the way to the club Saturdays..... used to amp me up.
djaction 10:55 PM - 17 January, 2007
ok bumpin Fashen's mix right now.. this shit is NICE.
Flipsta 11:06 PM - 17 January, 2007
Right on, nice to hear Bob Marley mixed with Common, thats some sick shit! I dont know if Spider is on here but if he is great work man!
DJJOHNNYM 12:03 AM - 18 January, 2007
Yeah, NY Radio generally sucks...Same top 40 all day, erryday. I used to get a kick outta driving to Philly and catchin' some cat WRECK shit on one of those stations, just outta nowhere....
DR BOB 12:05 AM - 18 January, 2007
NY is the best, fuck all that west coast echo out shit. Effects boxes are for pussys.
Dj Ryme 12:07 AM - 18 January, 2007
ha ha, thats a funny comment.
DJJOHNNYM 12:08 AM - 18 January, 2007
Hold up, I'm talking about CONTENT! Not "Player Ability"...

Then again, there isn't too much REAL SLICING and DICING around here, except for when Spinbad is on...

I've heard out in the West Coast, they are more likely to chop it up.
DJBlisk 12:17 AM - 18 January, 2007
Likely is the operative word here. They rarely do it.

Quote:

Then again, there isn't too much REAL SLICING and DICING around here, except for when Spinbad is on...

Audio1 12:39 AM - 18 January, 2007
Quote:
NY is the best, fuck all that west coast echo out shit. Effects boxes are for pussys.

Aint no echo boxes in SF radio! just a thought!
DJJOHNNYM 2:44 AM - 18 January, 2007
Quote:
Likely is the operative word here. They rarely do it.

Quote:

Really? From all the talk, you'da thought they all had battle mix setups and turntablism midnite scratchoffs.
Jay-R 3:49 AM - 18 January, 2007
Quote:

so jazzy jeff is a pussy with his 909?
DJJOHNNYM 4:08 AM - 18 January, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

That was a good shot....but I think the remark was to infer that some DJ's use effects to cover up potential transistion issues.

We know Jazzy Jeff can mix his ass off, so there's no question about his ability. Truthfully, the first time I saw a clip of him using it (the effects) on the web, I was taken aback, like "Why is he doing that?"...but hey you can't question a legend. Well, most of them anywayz.
Jay-R 4:23 AM - 18 January, 2007
^^^i guess your not an effects guy! you r right. there are some who use the damn efx box way too much. one example is when i was traveling to sacramento and this dj on air had the damn flanger/jet effect though the whole damn song. literally.

echo's here were becoming like mash-up's.

yet i've seen lots of radio dj's in clubs that don't use it in the club.

i wouldn't be so fast to diss west coast dj's. there are some good dj's on this side of the country.

i have to give it up for power 106 though. they just about do it all. effects, scratches, juggles AND drops.
marknonsense1 4:56 AM - 18 January, 2007
You guyz are killing me.... but i guess.... can anyone put up all the songs from every set?
decaman 7:33 AM - 18 January, 2007
MAAAAANNNNN thats an ill line up! I was in LA a couple weeks back and they had echo playin an all dipset hour that disappointed me but this makes me love power106 again..fu.kn fashen rocks im glad hes still in az
Audio1 7:37 AM - 18 January, 2007
real sweet mixes for the most part. even Vission's set had me jumpin!
jayfunk 8:08 AM - 18 January, 2007
Quote:

your kidding me right? i guess you just spin the record back when you cut to the next song huh.
dj KarrsiN 8:29 AM - 18 January, 2007
What's cool about these mixes is that you can distinguish between everyone's styles. Even though some of them played the same songs, at least they mixed them differently and had themes going.
dj b easy 8:34 AM - 18 January, 2007
some philly djs are ill. jay-ski killed it when he was on the beat, excel killed when he was on wired for a minute....the whole skratch makaniks crew is ill, but they also have spinbad in ny and jeyone (i see you on here dog!) reppin va. touchtone and jds can rip, ran and cosmic..ehhh they're ok...and flow...no comment.
RICHY RICH 4:55 PM - 18 January, 2007
im listening to this and there must be sooooo much premade stuff
JD 6:26 PM - 18 January, 2007
anyone know who did that Bmore version of Eric B & Rakim's Paid in Full - the one with the Ofra Haza vocal sample of Im Nin Alu?
JD 6:28 PM - 18 January, 2007
its on Fashens mix
AMF 6:44 PM - 18 January, 2007
Quote:

Most mixshow Djs in Detroit ain't too bad. I'll even go as far as to say they're pretty damn good. You may not like the song selection, but they do have some skillz.
dyvrs 7:02 PM - 18 January, 2007
Quote:

FUCK NY AND THE STUPID BOMB, WINDS, TELEPORT AND DUB HORN SFX

SAME SHIT EVERY FUCKING MIX!
dyvrs 7:02 PM - 18 January, 2007
Quote:
im listening to this and there must be sooooo much premade stuff

Welcome to Serato.
DR BOB 12:46 AM - 19 January, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

YES
dj KarrsiN 1:26 AM - 19 January, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

YES

Then this includes Dj Atrak because he uses the 909 as well. You hear that 909 users, you are all pu**ies according to Dr. Bob. What about TTM57SL users?, we have echo and flanger, are we pu**ies as well?
DR BOB 1:46 AM - 19 January, 2007
anyone can double up every song and use the echo out to mix in the next song. That shit is boring. Jazzy Jeff is a legend and I respect his contrabutions to the art but I don't want to hear him dj. As far as effects go, its not bad to use them spairingly but more than once ever 5 records and you are garbage to me. If your doing a showcase wich I assume a trak is thats different. But jazzy jeff is boring. Double double double echo, double double double echo
jayfunk 2:41 AM - 19 January, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Most mixshow Djs in Detroit ain't too bad. I'll even go as far as to say they're pretty damn good. You may not like the song selection, but they do have some skillz.

i agree also, i was coming back from Detroit and was listening to 107.9 i think (this is like 4yrs ago) and the mix show was pretty dope.
decaman 3:51 AM - 19 January, 2007
i dont know if you guys noticed but on spiders 2nd set after the crooklyn clan party break hes using the control record on phono to make that sound effect...shits pretty unique
dj KarrsiN 4:07 AM - 19 January, 2007
Quote:
i dont know if you guys noticed but on spiders 2nd set after the crooklyn clan party break hes using the control record on phono to make that sound effect...shits pretty unique

Are you reffering to the perculator track? Because if I'm not mistaken, that's part of the original perculator track.
DJJOHNNYM 7:13 PM - 19 January, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

YES

***Gets out of way before lightning strikes you were you type***
DJJOHNNYM 7:14 PM - 19 January, 2007
Quote:
But jazzy jeff is boring.

Ok, not to be funny, but do you have a Mix Download or YouTube of you doing your thang?

Just curious.
hustlas 3:12 AM - 20 January, 2007
could somebody kindly come up with a track list?
hustlas 3:12 AM - 20 January, 2007
for the rest of the power106 djs sets..
Silence 4:46 AM - 20 January, 2007
These mixes are really dope, I get lost at some points because I am not familiar with some of the music but that doesn't discourage me to listen at all--the mixes are just really ill and creative. Props for the post. Just want the djs to continue what they do, no matter what don't stop, just do what you do--that includes all djs on the forums also. Peace!!
pigpen82 11:54 PM - 20 January, 2007
nice thanks for throwing those up!!!
j_dim 7:41 PM - 21 January, 2007
he does anybody know what rap song that line Where the Ladies at is from? I've heard that acappella on a couple of AV8's but never knew what song it was actually from
DJ Jayzon 9:11 PM - 21 January, 2007
Sadat X - The Lump Lump (Nubian Mix)
j_dim 10:27 PM - 21 January, 2007
Quote:
Sadat X - The Lump Lump (Nubian Mix)

Thanks
Jay-R 4:21 AM - 22 January, 2007
i'm feelin fashen mix!

tracklist!
AMF 4:58 AM - 22 January, 2007
I finally had a chance to listen to some of these mixes. This definitely ain't Detroit! lmao. Definitely a different mix experience for me. Lots of mashes and oldschool. I like alot of this stuff. Good club mixing skills too. Nice job.
Chita79 11:41 PM - 23 January, 2007
im interested in the fashen tracklist as well... its pretty tight :)
Dj Erick Neutron 4:01 AM - 24 January, 2007
Fashens was okay, its one thing to throw in something random for people to vibe to but these superstar dee jays have one job to doin the club; MAKE PEOPLE DANCE. I would def vibe to him but only for so long, he gets way out there just a little to much. Homocide def keeps it dancable, yes I know that is not a word but could think of anything else.
Dj Erick Neutron 4:08 AM - 24 January, 2007
if you need a tracklist your are obiviously not doing your homework. Thats like asking a fellow dee jay to give you all his music, including his gems. People spend numerous hours of crate digging in and out of record shops and then going home to record into mp3s just to get there selection right. its hard work for those who do it so personally I don't think its fair for people to do track listings. do you homework kiddies.
and just to show a last resort type of thing, there is a number that you can call and all you do is put the phone to the speaker and then they text you back with all the info of the song. first one is free and then its about a buck fifty. but you can subscribe to it for about 4 bucks a month. fair is fair
DJ Michael Basic 8:49 AM - 24 January, 2007
I thought Homicide went overboard with the scratching at times.
Mr.1derful 3:46 AM - 25 January, 2007
Quote:
anyone know who did that Bmore version of Eric B & Rakim's Paid in Full - the one with the Ofra Haza vocal sample of Im Nin Alu?

THE ONE & ONLY ROCTAKON!
Dj ChuckFader 4:45 AM - 28 January, 2007
Does anyone know the track name in Echos mix, it in set 1, its after they talk with the sexyback in the back ground, it goes "mmm pararararum" and also the one after "when I saw her, walking down the st......". let me know. Been trying to find those two......thanks
dj KarrsiN 6:47 AM - 28 January, 2007
1. Roulette - Lick it
2. Lidsell Townsend? - Nu Nu ( can't remember artist at moment)

The Version you hear on the radio is a mash you can cop at the crooklyn clan vault.

John Farrugio - Fired Nu Nu (pt 1. or 2.)
Niro 5:55 PM - 28 January, 2007
Gotta say, Vice's set was the goods out of them all.

S
Dj ChuckFader 6:29 PM - 28 January, 2007
right on, thanks karrsin.

I havent downloaded Vice's set yet but im sure its good, hes always killing it when hes down here in vegas.....
dj nick dean 2:38 AM - 30 January, 2007
vice's set was sick! I havn't heard them all yet but wow....

anyone know the first song on vices first set. You will have to excuse me, my knowledge of rock isn't where it should be yet.
dj KarrsiN 2:41 AM - 30 January, 2007
Bloc Party - Banquet (not sure what version)
dj KarrsiN 2:41 AM - 30 January, 2007
Quote:
vice's set was sick! I havn't heard them all yet but wow....

anyone know the first song on vices first set. You will have to excuse me, my knowledge of rock isn't where it should be yet.

Bloc Party - Banquet (not sure what version)
dj nick dean 2:52 AM - 30 January, 2007
thanks karrsin
dj b easy 3:05 AM - 30 January, 2007
thats the boys noize remix of banquet...
DJ Twiggy 4:19 AM - 30 January, 2007
Does anyone know the name of the song at the 5:05 mark of Vice's set? I would really appreciate the help.
r_dub 4:57 AM - 30 January, 2007
Thats Woman by Wolfmother
dj KarrsiN 5:00 AM - 30 January, 2007
Quote:
Does anyone know the name of the song at the 5:05 mark of Vice's set? I would really appreciate the help.

Wolfmother - Woman (Mstrkrft Remix) I think thats the version
DJ Twiggy 5:06 AM - 30 January, 2007
Thanks guys!!!!
Jgus2 4:08 PM - 30 January, 2007
Hey does anyone know what the version of "Stay Fly" a couple of these guys are spinning? It's got different drums and I keep hearing it. Just curious..Thanks!
DJ_Motion 10:41 PM - 1 February, 2007
Can anyone tell me the 2nd song on Vice's set? It was mixed right before TI. Thank you to anyone who can help....
dj nick dean 11:15 PM - 1 February, 2007
we need to start a vice set list.....
j_dim 4:31 AM - 2 February, 2007
Quote:
we need to start a vice set list.....

where can i listen to Vice's set?
dj nick dean 5:14 AM - 2 February, 2007

right here
JD 7:09 AM - 2 February, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

THE ONE & ONLY ROCTAKON!

Roctakon is killing it these days...
DJSpot 5:12 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That is no joke...I love everything of that guy I can get my hands on.

In Fashen's set...what is that "beat it" extended break? is that FX freaking or an alternate break he or someone put in there?

Fashen surprised me! I've heard a lot of his mash-ups and like em so i was checking for his mixes and he is dope as hell! I cant believe he dropped that Hey Ya acoustic in..clownin!
DJPauly 11:18 PM - 3 February, 2007
I agree the acoustic "Hey Ya" was pretty cool! I found an artist called Richard Cheese who does a bunch of these acoustic and jazz sets with popular songs. I may try this as an intro to a set sometime. Check out his Brass Monkey remake.
Audio1 6:22 AM - 4 February, 2007
Anyone know who did the mashups for "Suavemente", "Guantanamera" and Miami Sound Machine's "Conga" over the Coolie Dance Riddim? These were on several of those power106 sets. Thx.
Audio1 6:34 AM - 4 February, 2007
By the way, Alot of these sets are off the hook. I wish radio sounded like this more often but we know that radio dj's have to dumb shit down to elementary addition for the majority of listeners. big ups to power106 for doing this over the holidays. I know alot of people, myself included, got schooled by listening to these sets and got fresh ideas on how to flip shit. Thanks to the homie for posting em up too!
hustlas 7:42 AM - 4 February, 2007
it would be good if there's more of such links to download these radio or club sets.

anyone?
DJ Michael Basic 9:05 AM - 4 February, 2007
Steve1der did the Conga one...the Suavemente one wasn't a mashup, he did that live...not sure who made the guantanamera one.
whitematic 10:58 AM - 4 February, 2007
Suave Culo DJ Riz (He did it Live???)
Tan Coolie (Guan"Tan"amera) DJ Sizzahandz
both on CrooklynClan.net
Only the Homie's have the Conga Culo Shake by Steve1der
dj KarrsiN 9:14 PM - 4 February, 2007
Quote:
both on CrooklynClan.net

Whitmatic, I know you got the Conga Culo, why don'you be a nice guy and share it with all of us....... :)
Audio1 9:53 PM - 4 February, 2007
im sayin... take it offline! :) thx for the info.....
whitematic 2:54 AM - 5 February, 2007
dj b easy 3:28 AM - 5 February, 2007
i have it...i'm not a homie...
dj KarrsiN 3:34 AM - 5 February, 2007
Quote:
im sayin... take it offline! :) thx for the info.....

lol
whitematic 6:41 AM - 5 February, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
both on CrooklynClan.net

Whitmatic, I know you got the Conga Culo, why don'you be a nice guy and share it with all of us....... :)

b easy has it...maybe from him
Dj Klutch 9:45 AM - 5 February, 2007
steve1der killed that mix shit bangs hard in the clubs! u gotta check out his mix of money maker too fire!
vega 4:47 PM - 5 February, 2007
yo w3hast the name of that timberlake - my love remix..

pretty much the same, except they just double timed the drum beat and added snares. got that fast beat.. i think like 3 of the dj's used it.. I tried searching, but theres like 50 remixes of that shit.

anybody know?
dj KarrsiN 6:17 PM - 5 February, 2007
I got that version from my12inch.com

I believe it's the "D & Dee bass mix"

There are a couple of different ones, but this one might be one you heard.
gzentertainment 6:30 PM - 5 February, 2007
Quote:
yo w3hast the name of that timberlake - my love remix..

pretty much the same, except they just double timed the drum beat and added snares. got that fast beat.. i think like 3 of the dj's used it.. I tried searching, but theres like 50 remixes of that shit.

anybody know?

I think you're referring to the Roctakon Uptempo Remix. You can dl it here: www.itstherub.com
DJSpot 11:17 PM - 5 February, 2007
Definitely the Roctakon remix of My Love...that one bangs.

Does anyone know the PYT-Mike Jackson mix on Fashen's first set that goes into the b-more...was he just freaking effects or is that a mix with that extended/crazy break on there?
Dj Ryme 12:32 AM - 6 February, 2007
I have that Michael Jackson Spot but I think its "rock with you" not PYT. I got it from one of my friends at the station.... im not sure who made it though.
dj b easy 1:52 AM - 6 February, 2007
na this one is definitely PYT.
dj KarrsiN 1:53 AM - 6 February, 2007
Anybody know where i can get this besides the itstherub site? The link for that track is broken.

Pitbull vs Reel 2 Real - Culo (Dave Nada Remix)
Dj ChuckFader 2:27 AM - 6 February, 2007
thanks gzentertainment for the website, free dl too....cant go wrong with that.

Anyone know where I can find A Trak's "walk it out out" remix.
pigpen82 11:37 PM - 6 February, 2007
The rub guys rock!!!
AMF 2:11 AM - 7 February, 2007
I was listening to more of these mixes last night and there are a couple of dudes that need to stop DJing asap. Just horrible. Are all of these guys Cali's finest in the club?
Dj Ryme 3:40 AM - 7 February, 2007
like who AMF???
Audio1 4:37 AM - 7 February, 2007
The dopest DJ's in Cali tend to not play on the radio...
Audio1 4:37 AM - 7 February, 2007
Karris, check your PM on that Dave Nada selection!
AMF 12:23 PM - 7 February, 2007
Quote:
like who AMF???

I'm not gonna call out any names on here outta respect for them being DJs. But I can say this, I don't think anyone mentioned them in this thread, and if you listen to the mixes it doesn't take very long to figure it out.

Spider and Fashen's mix, I liked alot. So it's not like I'm trying to hate on these dudes. Maybe it was the pressure of knowing that over a million people are listening to them mix that caused those trainwrecks. I dunno. They maybe dope any other time. It's just that this time they were ummmm.... not so good.
djaction 2:28 PM - 7 February, 2007
I agree that if anyone on this forum posted up one of these sets.. it would get shredded to pieces. Heard more than a few trainwrecks.
CMega 4:24 PM - 7 February, 2007
So post your sets and we'll compare.
djaction 5:19 PM - 7 February, 2007
I think you took it the wrong way as they would pale in comparison. I just meant to show how HARSH you mfers on the forums are..

although I did hear some trainwrecks :D
Dj Ryme 5:20 PM - 7 February, 2007
ha ha, I gotta hear them, I downloaded em but havent had a chance to put them on my ipod yet to listen to in my car...... im just curious to hear who you thought wasnt that good since alot of these guys, vice, echo etc. were LA's top radio dj's for awhile and ive never heard a bad set from any of them. Must be one of the other guys who are not really radio dj's, the other guys are just club dj's as far as I know and the club and radio are both totally different.
djaction 5:24 PM - 7 February, 2007
So far the only NOTICEABLE trainwrecks were from Stonerokk. Also I think he might have scratched twice in the whole set.
However, his set was clearly the best "thought" out and showed the most creativity.. best use of words/phrases between songs I've heard in a while.

Never heard of Ecco/Spider but they impressed the hell outta me.

Vice and Fashen were just NASTY. Dudes are NAAAAAAAAAASTY.
AMF 5:37 PM - 7 February, 2007
^^^ BINGO.
dj KarrsiN 6:36 PM - 7 February, 2007
I think Homocide's mix was probably the least favoraite of all. Yes I agree Stonerokk's set was very creative, he just wasn't precise on the beat matching. Ryme has a point, most are all club dj's which have a totally different style from radio dj's. In the club you can get away with "off beat" mixxing, but on the radio, a dj must be perfect other wise they will be ripped to shred by other dj's. Plus, i think these guys were just having a good time so f'ups were inevitible.
Dj Ryme 6:38 PM - 7 February, 2007
agreed.
dj b easy 12:35 AM - 8 February, 2007
if i hear a dj mixing offbeat at the club, i'll rip him/her to shreds, but only in my head.
dj illusion 6:35 AM - 8 February, 2007
i think every dj rips other djs to shreds only in there head....i do that all the time to dj ryme(steve dub) LOL!!!!J/K
Dj Ryme 4:36 PM - 8 February, 2007
ha ha, your gay, I say that out loud though.
CMega 6:56 PM - 8 February, 2007
You hear less mistakes in a loud club environment. Record your sets at the club and compare. And don't just beat mix. Any monkey can do that.
djaction 7:57 PM - 8 February, 2007
Quote:
You hear less mistakes in a loud club environment. Record your sets at the club and compare. And don't just beat mix. Any monkey can do that.

very true.. BUT I've got a monkey that can beat mix and knows karate!
CMega 8:04 PM - 8 February, 2007
Grandma's boy?
djaction 8:08 PM - 8 February, 2007
great movie btw
Audio1 10:54 PM - 8 February, 2007
ya, some of them dudes didnt come off super clean but they alot of crativity points. I know one of them cats mixed a voice mail message into Mana then dropped La Bamba by Los Lobos. Fun stuff!
j_dim 8:18 AM - 12 February, 2007
Quote:
I have that Michael Jackson Spot but I think its "rock with you" not PYT. I got it from one of my friends at the station.... im not sure who made it though.

did anybody get to figure out who made the B More version of Jacko's PYT?
dj skiggz 9:23 AM - 12 February, 2007
i want the conga shake mashup...........is there anywhere to get it????
DJBlisk 7:40 PM - 12 February, 2007
nobody is ever superclean you guys. i heard a bunch of top notch dj's trainwreck, it comes with the territory when you're trying different shit on teh decks.
Jim 7:58 PM - 12 February, 2007
Quote:
i want the conga shake mashup...........is there anywhere to get it????

me too
DJ Mo Rada 8:48 PM - 12 February, 2007
whats the name of that rock track 8min into the 1st set? i never hear it on the radio out here
DJ Mo Rada 8:53 PM - 12 February, 2007
Quote:
whats the name of that rock track 8min into the 1st set? i never hear it on the radio out here

nevrmnd ....
Little Martin 9:05 AM - 13 February, 2007
i have no problem at all with the occasional mistake. stonerokk absolutely f'kin killed it in my opinion. to be quite honest some of these guys are TOO perfect...it's too pre-meditated and kills the spontaneity and thus the vibe for me. he was trying to go from smack that into bob marley for f's sake! MAD MAD props. 20 out of 10 for trying stuff that 90% of dj's would never think of. serato has changed all the rules and it's a beautiful world and a beautiful future. aside from that, maybe not every one of his mixes was squeaky clean but not a single beat was skipped the entire set. when you are mixing stuff with real drummers it's a whole different ballgame & if i'm not mistaken bob marley had a real drummer & not a drum machine.

some of the best mixtapes i have ever made in 23 years have mistakes on them and most of the perfect one's are dull because no chances are being taken.
DJ Michael Basic 11:01 AM - 13 February, 2007
Quote:
i have no problem at all with the occasional mistake. stonerokk absolutely f'kin killed it in my opinion. to be quite honest some of these guys are TOO perfect...it's too pre-meditated and kills the spontaneity and thus the vibe for me. he was trying to go from smack that into bob marley for f's sake! MAD MAD props. 20 out of 10 for trying stuff that 90% of dj's would never think of. serato has changed all the rules and it's a beautiful world and a beautiful future. aside from that, maybe not every one of his mixes was squeaky clean but not a single beat was skipped the entire set. when you are mixing stuff with real drummers it's a whole different ballgame & if i'm not mistaken bob marley had a real drummer & not a drum machine.

some of the best mixtapes i have ever made in 23 years have mistakes on them and most of the perfect one's are dull because no chances are being taken.

Agree 100%
j_dim 11:35 AM - 13 February, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

THE ONE & ONLY ROCTAKON!

tried seraching for that Paid In Full B More track no luck so far.

does anyone know where i can buy it? thanks
Dj Ryme 4:44 PM - 16 February, 2007
someone tell what song is at the 5:30 mark in spiders 2nd set please!
Dj Ryme 6:46 PM - 16 February, 2007
anyone???
Audio1 7:49 PM - 16 February, 2007
^^Madonna - I'm so hung up on you (over some different beats)
Dj Ryme 8:05 PM - 16 February, 2007
nice, i actually just figured it out, thanks thought, damn as long as you know the lyrics to something if you type it in google it works wonders!!
Audio1 8:28 PM - 16 February, 2007
Yup. Song is dope. Im unsure if that first beat at 5:30 is the original, cuz it sounded like a more recent dirty/funky house beat, before it went int that 3 6 mafia steez.
Dj Massive Vx 11:11 PM - 16 February, 2007
dj spider is kool i heard him acouples live here in la i think i seen him 1 at the rumba room here in hollywood i am not sure
Audio1 1:07 AM - 17 February, 2007
Spider has been cool since he used to mix "Super Sharp Shooter" and "Wardance" at raves...
dj nick dean 12:56 AM - 18 February, 2007
anyone know the remix vice uses I think like the 3rd song he plays...It's T.I. "what u know bout that" over some other beat.
dj b easy 12:20 AM - 19 February, 2007
its low budget's remix

myspace.com

you can download it
j_dim 3:22 AM - 19 February, 2007
Quote:
^^Madonna - I'm so hung up on you (over some different beats)

guys its called: Hanged Up (Hollertronix Remix)
dj nick dean 5:45 AM - 19 February, 2007
b easy yep thats it....I cant download it though, it says you need to buy quick time pro when I try. I even tried right clicking on the link and while the song is playin on the fast forward and rewind. F*&ck
That Guy 1 11:59 AM - 19 February, 2007
Quote:
b easy yep thats it....I cant download it though, it says you need to buy quick time pro when I try. I even tried right clicking on the link and while the song is playin on the fast forward and rewind. F*&ck

Try e-mailing the link to yourself, then right-clicking to "Save As."
DJBlisk 9:00 PM - 19 February, 2007
I don't know how to download it either.
vega 9:13 PM - 19 February, 2007
yo on those myspace pages..

when i use firefox, i just clik download, and it opens it up in a new page.. the quicktime mp3 shit.

the way i saved it was by clicking in the File menu, and clicking "save page as".. it saves the "page" as an mp3.

holla.
dj nick dean 9:32 PM - 19 February, 2007
vega thanks that workded.

I started looking around for other low b productions and found his group hollertronix (dope) but it seems like everywhere I look they are sold out!

here are a few of the songs I'm talkin about, straight fire.

www.boomkat.com

So my question now is anyone know where I can find some hollertronix mp3's or cd's, to buy of course.
dj nick dean 9:32 PM - 19 February, 2007
*worked
DJBlisk 10:26 PM - 19 February, 2007
Holletronix are the shit. Low B and Diplo. thanks for the firefox heads up.
DJBlisk 5:10 AM - 20 February, 2007
Quote:

that saving the page as thing is not working.
That Guy 1 5:35 AM - 20 February, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

that saving the page as thing is not working.

Try what I said. I was serious.
DJBlisk 4:02 PM - 20 February, 2007
it didn't work.
gzentertainment 5:33 PM - 20 February, 2007
Quote:
So my question now is anyone know where I can find some hollertronix mp3's or cd's, to buy of course.

turntablelab.com
DJ Mo Rada 6:12 PM - 20 February, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

turntablelab.com

any other places? everywhere i look 'Shake it Up' is sold out
gzentertainment 3:24 AM - 21 February, 2007
You can download Shhake It Up here:
www.zshare.net
Dj Ryme 4:04 AM - 21 February, 2007
nice!!!!

anyone know where I can get that madonna remix???
DJBlisk 5:37 AM - 21 February, 2007
holy crap! i've been looking for that shake it up everywhere.
djay buterd hams 5:55 AM - 21 February, 2007
Yo were can I find these sets . I went to djskratcky and that page doesn't work . How can I get them . Email me a answer Moneyfolder@tmail.com
DJ Mo Rada 2:57 PM - 21 February, 2007
Quote:
www.zshare.net

good look.

I actually called up Rock N Soul yesterday and they had it in stock.
gzentertainment 4:02 PM - 21 February, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
www.zshare.net

good look.

I actually called up Rock N Soul yesterday and they had it in stock.

That's suprising. I called them a while back and asked for Roctakon's Money Lotion EP. They didn't have it and never heard of it lol.
That Guy 1 9:11 PM - 21 February, 2007
Whoop! Whoop!

"That's the sound of the... "
KRAZIECHARLEZ 6:03 AM - 22 February, 2007
I heard a remix of justin timberlake's my love on one of the dj sets the other day. Does anyone know the name of the remix where it starts off with just the into synth?

Actually does anyone know where i can sample just the intro of the song without the drums. I believe Sizzahands did a remix to this using the drums of MJ's Billie jean and the intro synth in the crooklyn clan site
djskeetz 7:02 AM - 22 February, 2007
you can find the intro synth on the paul can dyke remix of my love.
hustlas 2:13 PM - 6 March, 2007
tracklist for these djs

www.djskratchy.com

anyone?
Audio1 6:17 PM - 6 March, 2007
There are some serious mixes in that bunch. My faves being the Graham Funke, Fashen, Vice and Stonerokk ones.
DJ_Motion 7:53 PM - 6 March, 2007
I still can't figure out the second song in vice's set... Anyone mind helping me out... Preciate it...
dj nick dean 8:12 PM - 6 March, 2007
nelly furtado "glow"
Audio1 8:36 PM - 6 March, 2007
word. we def need to work some playlists out for the sets.
DeezNotes 5:20 PM - 9 March, 2007
Has anyone started a track listing yet? Fashen's mix was my favorite so far. If not, I'll start one if you guys can help out.
j_dim 12:45 AM - 19 March, 2007
does anyone know who made this remix of Rick Ross - Hustlin (Blend W/ The Clash - Rock The Casbah, been looking for it and i need some help.
kevinscott 2:12 AM - 19 March, 2007
Quote:
does anyone know who made this remix of Rick Ross - Hustlin (Blend W/ The Clash - Rock The Casbah, been looking for it and i need some help.

spider made it.
DJ_Motion 3:38 AM - 27 March, 2007
where can I find the how high/method man mix in vice's set at?
DJ_Motion 3:38 AM - 27 March, 2007
or even just the beat
djmelny 2:43 AM - 6 April, 2007
Hi guys im trying to get some air-horns the ones that they used on hot 97 but i cant find them and some targets are already expire....thanks for the support
Kam456 4:17 AM - 6 April, 2007
Quote:
where can I find the how high/method man mix in vice's set at?

that tune isn't how high. Its an original Method Man song but i 4got the damn name!!!!!!!

i'm sure if u went on amazon.com and listened to all his songs on his old albums you'll find it.

Bangin' tune by the way!
DeezNotes 12:30 PM - 6 April, 2007
It's called Even If. Sounds like he used the Lethal Weapon version.
Kam456 4:58 PM - 6 April, 2007
Quote:
It's called Even If. Sounds like he used the Lethal Weapon version.

there you go!
DJ_Motion 5:30 PM - 6 April, 2007
Thanks, fellas...
Dj Ryme 12:26 AM - 11 April, 2007
For those that wanted that conga shake mash, its up on crooklyns site now.
DJPauly 1:02 AM - 11 April, 2007
Funny, I e-mailed 1der last night asking him about it.
Dj Erick Neutron 5:08 AM - 11 April, 2007
conga shake it the dopeness. did my own version but don't know hosw to post up. any help?
gzentertainment 12:18 PM - 11 April, 2007
Quote:
conga shake it the dopeness. did my own version but don't know hosw to post up. any help?

Hit up zshare.net, upload it there and post the link.
gzentertainment 12:20 PM - 11 April, 2007
icec 7:11 PM - 19 April, 2007
Anybody know where I can find that Crazy Mix he drops. The Gnarles Barkley Mix witht eh Dub vocals.
AFR33K1000 7:14 PM - 19 April, 2007
^^^ Crazy (Kardnall Official remix)
AFR33K1000 7:15 PM - 19 April, 2007
*Kardinal*
DJ BEATdown 4:53 PM - 23 April, 2007
Quote:

Yeah been rockin that alot lately.

Don't post it up man. Let the guys that made the mash get their dues.
dj nick dean 1:57 AM - 28 April, 2007
can someone tell me the song on stonerokks set starting at like 28:48...?
dj nick dean 3:34 AM - 28 April, 2007
bump...

heres the link: 28:48??

www.djskratchy.com
DJ Splyce 8:41 AM - 28 April, 2007
your answer is: Gypsy Kings-Bamboleo
Mr.1derful 3:00 PM - 22 July, 2007
spider is a we-ho bitchard simmons.
DJOJ 5:59 PM - 22 July, 2007
Quote:
spider is a we-ho bitchard simmons.

I don't know about Spider, but I heard that Steve1der guy is a turdburgler. You should see him at LAX with his hip hugger pants and mesh tank tops.
DJ Michael Basic 6:47 PM - 22 July, 2007
I heard back in the day when Steve1der used to live on airdrome, he used to get worked at streetfighter like it was going out of style.
Jesus Christ 1:35 AM - 30 November, 2008
bump!
djmarvel 5:50 PM - 30 November, 2008
jesus this thread never dies lol
a DJ 7:26 PM - 30 November, 2008
^ Im glad it didnt cuz that DJ Spider mix was sick. I dont see why radio cant let DJs do this more. He played enough mainstream tracks to please the average listener.

That mix was amazing. All live too!! Damn! I mean I know there was some mashups, but there was also a lotta live blends, and he transitioned so quick in and out of em.

Do you know if there was a limiter used or something? I looked at it in audacity and the levels are pretty damn even for a live radio set, especially with all the scratching. I always have trouble leveling out all the volumes, especially with scratching.
seratomonkey 8:27 PM - 30 November, 2008
Do you know if there was a limiter used or something? I looked at it in audacity and the levels are pretty damn even for a live radio set, especially with all the scratching. I always have trouble leveling out all the volumes, especially with scratching.

Most good stations use "compounders" (serious limiters).
a DJ 11:14 PM - 30 November, 2008
oh ok. Thanks. that explains why radio always sounds overcompressed, especially when I listen online I can really hear it. The bass loses punch.

But it doesnt sound too much like that on this one, and usually when I download mixes, it seems like they were recorded before being processed thru the limiter.
pdm2000 1:51 AM - 1 December, 2008
Quote:
Most good stations use "compounders" (serious limiters).

You mean compressors right? Or did you mean compander? A compander is an old noise reduction process, like dbx type I or II, used when recording to tape.

And yes, the downloads sounds better because they are "board mixes", taken before the station's broadcast signal processing.
a DJ 2:21 AM - 1 December, 2008
Quote:
And yes, the downloads sounds better because they are "board mixes", taken before the station's broadcast signal processing.

Yeah exactly, that's what I was saying. This mix just seemed really good in terms of the levels. I thought maybe the DJ added some post production limiting after it was recorded.
DJ Dub Cowboy 8:10 PM - 1 December, 2008
I use a technique with a multi-band compressor plug-in on all of my radio show board recordings. What I mean to say is that I do a radio show, it goes out live and gets compressed during broadcast. I take a board recording of that same show and run it through my plug in. It evens out the levels like you see in audacity with spiders mix, and that is what I post for download.
ntmoney 6:13 AM - 24 December, 2010
Re-up on the mixes pleeeeaassee!!!!
gotchuckz 6:17 AM - 24 December, 2010
it's on his soundcloud.

soundcloud.com
DJ Tecniq 6:28 AM - 24 December, 2010
Here's part of Spyder's set

Watchwww.youtube.com
Audio1 7:32 AM - 25 December, 2010
HAWT!
Hey-B 9:00 AM - 25 December, 2010
Spider is my buddy, really cool guy and one of the most talented DJ's I know. Was his birthday on the 22nd. He spins an amazing video set Thursdays at Winstons in Hollywood- if you're ever around I highly recommend you check it out.
ntmoney 8:23 PM - 25 December, 2010
Quote:
it's on his soundcloud.

soundcloud.com

Thanks!!! Now to find the rest of the sets!
DJ Sparky Killabrew 1:57 AM - 26 December, 2010
Meth song is off the Def Jam Vendetta Soundtrack I believe