DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DOES ANYONE KNOW A GOOD CONTROLLER TO BUY/USE WITH SERATO FOR DJ EFFECTS?

DJ_Bizerk 4:38 AM - 12 July, 2010
Product: scratchlive
Version: dont-know
Hardware: no-hardware
Computer: mac
OS Version: dont-know
---

DOES ANYONE KNOW A GOOD CONTROLLER TO BUY/USE WITH SERATO FOR DJ EFFECTS? I want to do effects when I DJ (i spin house music) ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS GOOD TO USE?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 5:49 AM - 12 July, 2010
Hey DJ_Bizerk,

For FX I've always thought the Akai LPD8 was one of the better controllers.
Take a look : www.gigacrate.com. You can easily hit a pad on the left to trigger the effect and then adjust the wet/dry amount with the knob that corresponds on the right.

I'll move this to the DJ discussion area, you will probably get more feedback there :)
Let me know if you have any questions.
5:51 AM, 12 Jul 2010
Discussion moved to DJing Discussion
gotchuckz 6:11 AM - 12 July, 2010
get the nanokontrol. works great.

korg.com
gotchuckz 6:13 AM - 12 July, 2010
try this link.

www.guitarcenter.com
nate the nomad 11:00 AM - 12 July, 2010
get the LPD8, there cheap, compact and do the job well.
djbanno 12:59 PM - 12 July, 2010
Quote:
Get the LPD8, they're cheap, compact and do the job well.

**fixed**
How can you afford not to! (no promo)
Money well spent.
avlnchrs 1:38 PM - 12 July, 2010
Native Instruments Kontrol X1
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:54 PM - 12 July, 2010
The Kontrol X1 is great, especially with the new Ultra knob, im currently using a korg kontrol and it works great, i use it because its small and has more knobs and bottns than most other controllers plus it works great with video
ivan zilch 3:38 PM - 12 July, 2010
the x1 is awesome, really really nicely built controller

i own both the LPD8 and the X1 - the X1 is bigger and heavier - i really didnt expect it to be so solid, all the knobs are way better than the short fat knobs on the LPD8 , plus they have a nice center click (lets you know where you are)

The LPD8 knobs are really short and fat, kinda hard to grip, and no center click

The buttons on the LPD8 are nice but you really have to put pressure on the pads for them to register , tap it softly and it wont really register the press
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:44 PM - 12 July, 2010
the only think keeping me from getting an X1 is i dont know where i would put it in my setup. not alot of room in the coffin and its geared more for horizontal applications than vertical