DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Dicer won't fit on my CDJ800s :(

SupaSandeep 9:33 AM - 11 July, 2010
I just bought the Novation Dicer today, I was on my way to my mobile gig and needed to pick up some cables, saw them at the store so picked them up.... but once I tried mounting them on my decks but they don't fit, there's only one corner where they could fit (next to the pitch fader) but when I tried putting them there they block the pitch fader :( looks like I'll be returning them tommorrow, just wanted to give a heads up to anyone out there using CDJ800s
nate the nomad 10:13 AM - 11 July, 2010
Quote:
I just bought the Novation Dicer today, I was on my way to my mobile gig and needed to pick up some cables, saw them at the store so picked them up.... but once I tried mounting them on my decks but they don't fit, there's only one corner where they could fit (next to the pitch fader) but when I tried putting them there they block the pitch fader :( looks like I'll be returning them tommorrow, just wanted to give a heads up to anyone out there using CDJ800s

you wouldn't want to run 2.1 beta at a gig anyway. But you can mount the dicers on your laptop or next to the cdjs if you take the 45 adapters, theres putty that comes with them so you can do that. But yeah i might be in the same boat with returning cause i need the money for other things right now, and since they only work with 2.1 beta there worthless until they release a stable version and by that time i will be in a hiatus from djing due to school and work.
SupaSandeep 10:25 AM - 11 July, 2010
oh wow, I didn't know they only work w/ 2.1 beta, I was debating keeping them to use w/ my turntables, but I'm thinking no now. I tried taking the 45 adapters out but it still didn't fit quite rite. I know the cdj800s are a lil smaller then the 1000's but i was hoping the'd fit... oh wells...
nate the nomad 10:32 AM - 11 July, 2010
yeah, why they released them so early on i still don't get at all, bad marketting is all i can say. I have been telling everyone not to even bother with them atleast until they have a stable 2.1 out.........the other thing is there not even worth $100 at all, maybe $60-70 at the most.
Maskrider 10:34 AM - 11 July, 2010
I rather have the X1 over it.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:05 PM - 11 July, 2010
Quote:
oh wow, I didn't know they only work w/ 2.1 beta, I was debating keeping them to use w/ my turntables, but I'm thinking no now. I tried taking the 45 adapters out but it still didn't fit quite rite. I know the cdj800s are a lil smaller then the 1000's but i was hoping the'd fit... oh wells...

they only have native support with 2.1 but they are easily midi mappable with older versons.
Culprit 7:04 PM - 11 July, 2010
not regretting mine, they are awesome
djalexkasanova 12:42 PM - 12 July, 2010
Quote:

i just got these the other day and it dont even work.... its says compatible with 2.0 .... WTF
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:16 PM - 12 July, 2010
readings fundamental

Quote:
Quote:

they only have native support with 2.1 but they are easily midi mappable with older versons.
djalexkasanova 1:56 PM - 12 July, 2010
boooooooooooooo lol....
nate the nomad 4:57 PM - 12 July, 2010
Quote:
readings fundamental

Quote:
Quote:

yeah but its not the same with the loop roll, even if you midi map cause i tried it and erased all the mapping because you have to hit a pad to turn on the step and hit the pad again to turn it off.
nate the nomad 5:00 PM - 12 July, 2010
Quote:
boooooooooooooo lol....

you got that right, i seriously suggest to anyone that was thinking of getting these to just get an akai lpd8, even get 2 of them and get a powered usb dock and your so much better off even when they release 2.1 in a stable version.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:33 PM - 12 July, 2010
so your suggestion is to buy another piece of equipment to last the ...what a month...untilt he appropriate software is released...how about just buy em and put em on a table and be patient and not double your cost
blackavenger 6:43 PM - 12 July, 2010
Quote:
so your suggestion is to buy another piece of equipment to last the ...what a month...untilt he appropriate software is released...how about just buy em and put em on a table and be patient and not double your cost

hear, hear!
nate the nomad 9:39 PM - 12 July, 2010
Quote:

im saying not to even bother with them period, if i wouldn't have lost my receipt i would be returning mine to guitar center. Im not your average dj that is deep in the club/dj scene anymore, i pretty much stopped going out compared to how i was 4-5 years ago when i had several gigs a week. Now a days I go out/play out 2-4 times and practice maybe 30 times in and thats only during the spring and summer. The wimter time i go to school, work and snowboard everyday.
Culprit 10:43 PM - 12 July, 2010
Love my dicers..
djpipes 7:19 PM - 4 March, 2011
My dicers work perfectly! love me. Yes they dont fit on CDJ 800's :( you can always try putting them on the table infront of the cdj's.
Dj JesC 11:55 PM - 4 March, 2011
I have CDJ-800 & dicers, I just put them where the LCD screen is at, problem solved. No issues, several gigs played.
djpipes 4:41 AM - 5 March, 2011
nice... gonna try that
Dj JesC 3:07 AM - 6 March, 2011
@pipes it works pretty good and you dont need the silly putty.
djalexkasanova 3:12 PM - 26 April, 2011
niccccccccccceeee ...i abuse mine.. lol