Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Add NS7 support

a DJ 7:32 PM - 10 July, 2010
I was just reading that you can DJ videos with Virtual DJ with the NS7, but you can't use it to DJ videos with Serato. Absolutely ridiculous.

What do you want? More money from us? Paying for the video plugin should be enough.. Now I'm not so sure about buying a NS7. Is it ever gonna be possible in the future?
Dub D 6:20 AM - 19 July, 2010
Not completely sure about this one as I am not a representative for Serato in any way, but I was under the impression that ITCH was created to allow other hardware manufacturers to develop devices other than Rane and allow them to operate without the need for an external box (manufactured by Rane).

That being said, I know someone who owns an NS7 and is very disappointed that there hasn't been a video plugin developed for ITCH yet. I can say with pretty good certainty that you won't ever be able to use your NS7 with Scratch LIVE though, most likely because of the partnership between Serato and Rane on that product. If you could use the NS7 then Rane wouldn't be making any money selling their hardware.
a DJ 7:02 AM - 19 July, 2010
Oh yeah you're right, I completely forgot the NS7 is not a partnership between Rane & Numark. I just found out about ITCH and the NS7 at the same time so that's why I always forget that. So then don't they already not make any money off hardware?
I guess what I should say is add a video plugin for ITCH, but you should only have to pay once for the scratch live video plugin and the itch one. Like once you pay you get both.
Dub D 7:07 AM - 19 July, 2010
I'm really surprised that a video plugin wasn't rolled up soon after the release of ITCH, it seems obvious that Serato has retained the rights to their software end of the Scratch Live product because of how similar the two products are (Scratch Live & ITCH).
Mutis 12:45 PM - 23 July, 2010

And why Pioneer has HID support in SSL and V7 hasn't?