DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Ripping music with Windows Media Player 11: problems? Suggestions?

SyncroScales 12:44 PM - 6 July, 2010
Hi, I have ripped a bunch of my cd's with WMP 11 on windows XP. I am concerned about a few things.

From what I read in WMP 11: The DRM stuff applies to downloaded content from online stores if you pay or rent, or get a promo of some kind. And wma files.

I am ripping in Wav, and mp3 320 kbps. I am in the earlier part of my collection finally. It is very time consuming at times.

So my question is: Does anyone have any problems listening to their own ripped collection when ripping with wmp 11? I am a dj and plan to use these files in Serato or Traktor eventually, and my digital file players (I have a Zune right now). I am concerned about not having to rip an entire collection again. I also am trying to digitize and get rid of some physical product. I have a lot of cd's and records.

I have the laptop, not the boxes.

When I look at the files properties, it mentions it was ripped with wmp. Is it propritory in any way? Or that is just information and should be cross platform? Does anyone recommend being concerned about anything and maybe recommend another program to rip while using wmp to listen and view?

The law sates I can copy my own colletions for personal use. This is not a solitation.

Thank you.