DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Some Recomendations...

Dj Pepi 2:14 AM - 8 January, 2007
Well i am about to send a few demos to some companies in Europe...specifically to Intec Records,Black Hole Records, Armin Audio and Deep Dish Productions(this is in D.C). Should i put a letter presenting me...speaking of me, and my contact numbers and emails and that or should i only put the cd and a piece of paper with the contact information??...

what should i put?

Thanks
brett rock 2:39 AM - 8 January, 2007
many djs and music acts send out a "press kit". give em what you got: concise biography, important gigs/ residencies, mixes, production work, reviews of your performances/ music (if anyone has done one on you). present everything in a proffessional, easy- to- read/ navigicable format so they dont just set it down and forget about it. make yourself look as important, prolific and talented as possible in the given field. many labels get a lot of hopefulls sending them music all the time so make yourself stand out from the rest- be creative. its also good to know someone on that label beforehand so your not coming off as a complete stranger. myspace is good for that kind fo thing. send em a message. if they dont reply, chances are they may not listen to your material. if they do reply, then theyll most likely give you a chance. some are jerks, some are really cool, you never know. it helps to minimize wasting resources on those you dont care or are overwhelmed w/ other stuff.

WARNING: if you blow yourself up, make sure you can deliver. you dont want to come off as dishonest about your talent and abilities. if you talk the talk- walk the walk.

good luck,
Dj Pepi 2:45 AM - 8 January, 2007
thanks a lot brett...i am going to do a letter and send it to you ..to see what you think..because it looks you know about this things...its ok with you??
Dj Chinn 2:48 AM - 8 January, 2007
WHat do you spin brotha?
Dj Pepi 2:50 AM - 8 January, 2007
Trance,House
brett rock 3:58 AM - 8 January, 2007
yeah sure, ill have a read. ive done some promoting in my day so ive seen quite a few. its also a good idea to check some agency/ booking sites. they'll have press kit downloads and other good examples to get some ideas from.

check out electronic pm. thats a popular agency with a big edm roster.
Dj Pepi 4:05 AM - 8 January, 2007
thanks a lot brett
Dj Metro 4:11 AM - 8 January, 2007
set up your my space page........it works
Dj Pepi 4:14 AM - 8 January, 2007
let me see what i can do
Dj Pepi 3:06 PM - 8 January, 2007
Yo people..wish me luck!..i send the demos today, and i think is an excellent demo...i send it to Intec Records(Carl Cox is in that record label), Deep Dish Productions, Armin Audio(Armin Van Buuren Label) and Black Hole Records(Tiesto's label)......do you guys want to hear it?!

well wish me luck!
tig ol' bitties 3:15 PM - 8 January, 2007
id give it a listen
Dj Pepi 3:23 PM - 8 January, 2007
Dj Pepi 4:21 PM - 8 January, 2007
what you think?
tig ol' bitties 4:31 PM - 8 January, 2007
i cant download it. I only can use mega upload at work. If you can put it on that ill check it now, other wise not until i get home lata.