DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

2.1 beta is out

GoodVibez 12:49 AM - 24 June, 2010
So I seen a few cats are posting that they are testing the 2.1 beta.
dear Rane can I test plz? :)
Dj Shamann 12:51 AM - 24 June, 2010
Private beta yes, but I don't think the public beta is out. I'm pretty sure ithese testers are supposed to be quite confidential about it too, they shouldn't be disclosing anything any info whatsoever.
GoodVibez 12:55 AM - 24 June, 2010
no info was disclosed. Just that they had it and are about to test it.
Dj Shamann 12:58 AM - 24 June, 2010
I mean even that info is supposed to be held on the downlow. Otherwise you get an influx of Dj's asking if they can be a part of it too, then this board becomes a madhouse with "is it ready yet? are we there yet?" posts.
Sir Raw Toes 1:02 AM - 24 June, 2010
Pretty sure this is not available to public yet.
Dj Shamann 1:06 AM - 24 June, 2010
I'll be honest this post alone made me a little anxious. I've been patient thus far since I bought a 57 with The Bridge in mind,but I don't need anybody running around hinting at it being there, but me not being able to look at it.

;p
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:08 AM - 24 June, 2010
Quote:
no info was disclosed. Just that they had it and are about to test it.

Sounds like a disclosure to me!

IS IT READY YET?

ARE WE THERE YET?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:09 AM - 24 June, 2010
Quote:
I'll be honest this post alone made me a little anxious. I've been patient thus far since I bought a 57 with The Bridge in mind,but I don't need anybody running around hinting at it being there, but me not being able to look at it.

;p

What? You're not a tester? Well, I can tell you...

It has the ability to mix mp3's on your LAPTOP using Turntables!
GoodVibez 1:10 AM - 24 June, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

;p

hahahahhaha
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:11 AM - 24 June, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

;p

hahahahhaha

Oh, and it has EFX too...but don't tell NOBODY I told you, or else they'll kick me off the Beta team..
Dj Shamann 1:12 AM - 24 June, 2010
Quote:

BREACH!!! BREACH!!!! MODSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! BREACH IN GENERAL DISCUSSION TOPIC DISCUSION/271262
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:15 AM - 24 June, 2010
snitch.
the_black_one 4:09 AM - 24 June, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

BREACH!!! BREACH!!!! MODSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! BREACH IN GENERAL DISCUSSION TOPIC DISCUSION/271262

acting like a chicken head geat you no love in here homie!!!!!!! :0)
the_black_one 4:09 AM - 24 June, 2010
geat = gets
dj_soo 4:49 AM - 24 June, 2010
has anyone seen the easter egg yet?

so awesome.
sacrilicious 8:45 AM - 24 June, 2010
Quote:

so awesome.

You were right about the B side working better
Nicky Blunt 9:11 AM - 24 June, 2010
Quote:

so awesome.

Which one I found a couple!!! They are pretty dope!!!!

I mean, err

shhhh!
Dj.Mojo 9:17 AM - 24 June, 2010
When will it be released?
lol
Nicky Blunt 9:18 AM - 24 June, 2010
It has been, U didnt get in? Sucks to be you!
Dj.Mojo 9:37 AM - 24 June, 2010
haha after this pre-eliminations during word cup I wouldn´t want to be an English man for no beta in the world.
Nicky Blunt 10:25 AM - 24 June, 2010
LOL we played super shitty in the 1st two games & only marginally better in this last game!

We will have strong opposition against Germany, & there is a whole lotta bad blood! So This will be an interesting match!

I think it's wide open as to who will take the cup, but I very much doubt it will be England. Im a realist, & we simply are not good enough.
Dj.Mojo 10:57 AM - 24 June, 2010
Let´s hope you play better than last world cup ;-)
djbanno 11:01 AM - 24 June, 2010
^^Just be glad your not from Australia...groan.
DJ Alkemy 11:18 AM - 24 June, 2010
Quote:
^^Just be glad your not from Australia...groan.

Anyone called the Socceroos deserves to be out lmao. Nah, they were unlucky. They just fell apart when Cahill got sent off in the first game.
Dj.Mojo 11:33 AM - 24 June, 2010
They beat slovenia 2:1.
Can someone explain to me why they all had the statue and upper body muscles of rugby players?

and btw. when will 2.1 be available?
browny 11:33 AM - 24 June, 2010
So does this beta have the new cdj support???? :)
Dj.Mojo 11:34 AM - 24 June, 2010
Do we get the beta earlier if New Zealand proceeds to the round of best 16?
browny 12:08 PM - 24 June, 2010
Thats not happening haha
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:12 PM - 24 June, 2010
Yall follow the rules way to closley they release it knowing its going to be distributed, fuck it here ya go enjoy [Link Removed]
browny 1:31 PM - 24 June, 2010
Haha, if only!!!!!
Maskrider 2:44 PM - 24 June, 2010
Quote:
So I seen a few cats are posting that they are testing the 2.1 beta.
dear Rane can I test plz? :)

This is the reason your not a Beta tester.
the_black_one 3:37 PM - 24 June, 2010
here is the link for 2.1 [link removed]
browny 4:26 PM - 24 June, 2010
o yeah and here is the link also for 2.1 [link removed again]
DJ Alkemy 4:44 PM - 24 June, 2010
And here is another link [this joke is getting boring]
Audio1 4:54 PM - 24 June, 2010
2.0 isnt even solid and were headed to 2.1? I sure hope its a maintenance release.
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:58 PM - 24 June, 2010
I could be wrong but im fairly certian seratohq tweeted the bridge would be a 2.1 release......sooooo prob just maitnence
Audio1 5:00 PM - 24 June, 2010
What was the final call on Ableton, since most DJ's dont actually pay for Ableton?
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:05 PM - 24 June, 2010
lol
Tunecrew 5:21 PM - 24 June, 2010
this is very cool - my Live 8 license has been largely unused waiting on this

how do they know who owns Ableton Live to go along with this?
The Return of Dj Sparky 5:38 PM - 24 June, 2010
I doubt we'll even see the bridge for a while there has been no word fom Ableton in a ages
browny 5:43 PM - 24 June, 2010
as long as it has support for the cdjs im happy
Polanka 6:04 PM - 24 June, 2010
Glad to hear that there is a beta finally out.
browny 8:25 PM - 24 June, 2010
you say its out....where is it?
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:31 PM - 24 June, 2010
Quote:

right here

www.scratchlive.net
Audio1 8:57 PM - 24 June, 2010
[Link Removed]
browny 9:30 PM - 24 June, 2010
i bet its not even going to be anytime soon........
OhCeeDee 9:36 PM - 24 June, 2010
Live 8 and SSL 2.0 are pretty buggy on their own, i cant see the bridge actually coming in 2.1 without even more bugs being introduced...
Tunecrew 9:39 PM - 24 June, 2010
i haven't had any serious problems with SSL 2, and I use Live 8 from time to time for production stuff with little or no problems
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:42 PM - 24 June, 2010
Quote:
i haven't had any serious problems with SSL 2

+1
browny 9:43 PM - 24 June, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
i haven't had any serious problems with SSL 2

+1

+2
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:53 PM - 24 June, 2010
Wait, SSL2 is out?
Dj Shamann 10:06 PM - 24 June, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

right here

www.scratchlive.net

(removed by mod - less of the expletives please!)
LOL!

The worst thing is, when Alkemy said "this joke is getting boring" I was like, what's that other joke these guys beat to death...it wasn't no homo...? Then I clicked the link

NO LOGOUT!

Prick

;p
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:14 PM - 24 June, 2010
LOL!!!!
djdannyd 10:30 PM - 24 June, 2010
Source says 2.1 is not out yet (beta).
djdannyd 10:40 PM - 24 June, 2010
OhCeeDee 6:15 PM - 25 June, 2010
Quote:
i haven't had any serious problems with SSL 2, and I use Live 8 from time to time for production stuff with little or no problems

just because you dont experience any problems doesnt mean its a non-issue.

i still have midi problems in ssl2 and terrible time stretching glitches while pitching down with keylock, to the point that im reluctant to use 2.0 in a live situation. both known issues from what i understand. and live 8 crashes on me a lot with soft synths and plugins. im def not the only one in that boat. Ableton actually release a public apology to Live 8 users for all the known bugs that have gone unfixed since the release of version 8, and promised the next major release (9.0 or 8.5) would be free to current Live 8 users.
browny 6:38 PM - 25 June, 2010
i agree the master tempo on ssl2.0 is shiet but hey i want native support so roll on 2.1!!!!
Nicky Blunt 7:15 PM - 25 June, 2010
I want them to fix up the jacked up BPM tempo's & random crashes, that would be awesome, K thanks
BriChi 7:21 PM - 25 June, 2010
saying 2.1 beta is obvious, most companies are months if not years ahead of when you would see a public release, I am sure 2.1 has been in the works from serato for many months, I coulda told you the same thing once 2.0 came out that 2.1 will be in beta soon
kryptonitednb 8:01 PM - 25 June, 2010
I really hope it is released soon (or I get to beta test it!) as this is the only reason I bought a Live license.
Tunecrew 8:12 PM - 25 June, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

just because you dont experience any problems doesnt mean its a non-issue.

i still have midi problems in ssl2 and terrible time stretching glitches while pitching down with keylock, to the point that im reluctant to use 2.0 in a live situation. both known issues from what i understand. and live 8 crashes on me a lot with soft synths and plugins. im def not the only one in that boat. Ableton actually release a public apology to Live 8 users for all the known bugs that have gone unfixed since the release of version 8, and promised the next major release (9.0 or 8.5) would be free to current Live 8 users.

i'm not suggesting it is a non-issue, but for me at least it has not been any better/worse than 1.9.x - the keylock has always sucked, so that is not a 2.0 issue, and i have mapped my X1, Trigger Finger and microKontrol all with no problems - I actually wrote custom XML mappings for them.

Re. Ableton, they apologized for overall stability issues not individual bugs, but I used Live 8 pretty hard core up to a few months ago with minimal issues - in my experience, using third party vsts and other plugins though makes any DAW unstable - I use Pro Tools 8, Live 8 and Logic 9, and 95% of the issues I have with them involve VSTs etc.

but yeah it sucks if it is buggy for you or anybody, so no disagreement there
Dj Ace 4:22 PM - 26 June, 2010
wow...2.0 has never crashed on me and Ableton is working great (but I don't use any third party vst's tho)
OhCeeDee 4:54 PM - 26 June, 2010
there is definitely a 2.0 specific issue with key-lock that was not in 1.9.2 but yeah it could always be improved in general. although i still think the SSL key-lock sounds better than both of the time stretching algo's in traktor. neither of these DVS's use much CPU power at all, i dont get why they cant employ something more complex/better sounding and eat a few more cpu cycles on newer computers.

someone needs to get in with apple a license the time stretching algo thats in the new version of logic. can we get that running in real-time, pretty please? :P
Dj Shamann 5:28 PM - 26 June, 2010
Quote:

someone needs to get in with apple a license the time stretching algo thats in the new version of logic. can we get that running in real-time, pretty please? :P

Is that in real time? And when I say real time I mean no CPU intensive processing with latency, but in real time.

Because if you don't, nobody needs to get with Apple since Serato originally had one of the best pitch shifters on the market before they ever got in to DVS.

However yes I agree, something with the 2.0 algorithm is much more noticeable than other versions, how do I know this? Reggae music. I've never had a major issue with it before (as long as I'm not going to 12% pitch) but in the recent version if I can notice it in some tracks (that i've always played) when I'm going outside of as little as 2%
browny 6:08 PM - 26 June, 2010
Yep even 2% causes me trouble with keylock on 2.0
OhCeeDee 5:01 AM - 28 June, 2010
the new apple one (the name escapes me) is not in real time, thats why i said "can we get it in real-time please?" because i realize its probably not possible with todays computers :)

as i understand it though, most time stretching algos are licensed, and most of the popular licensed algos used in programs like SSL, Traktor, Ableton, were all developed YEARS ago, like in the early-mid 2000's...!

meaning that no one has made (or licensed) or attempted to make a more sophisticated live time stretching algorithm in ages, which is incredibly disappointing when you look at how far everything else has come in the world of digital DJing/music performance.

The one apple uses in the newest version of Logic is apparently the most modern one out there, and supposedly sounds WORLDS better than anything else out there (including pitch'n'time by a long shot). this is coming from seasoned producers that ive talked to personally.

unfortunately apple has the exclusive rights to the use of this particular algorithm, which is why i say someone needs to team up with them and get a LIVE use version into a DVS so we can all quite complaining about horrible sounding key-lock for once. ;)
OhCeeDee 5:03 AM - 28 June, 2010
and by LIVE i simply mean real-time, not having to do with Ableton necessarily.