DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Gorillaz Festival Rehearsal featuring Rane Sixty-Eight!!!!

LilSwann 10:34 AM - 23 June, 2010
thought this was pretty ill and nice to see the new mixer in action
Watchwww.youtube.com
djbanno 10:50 AM - 23 June, 2010
Wow. Inspiring to say the least!
Thanks for the post, i'm sure a lot of peeps will enjoy this.
Anu 11:22 AM - 23 June, 2010
That looked like a fun session ... Dope video....
s3kn0tr0n1c 11:23 AM - 23 June, 2010
nice video....dudes redlining that 68 tho....
Mikey V 6:13 PM - 23 June, 2010
Definitely inspiring! Does anyone know where/when they'll be performing?
bigwig 6:37 PM - 23 June, 2010
Yeah, headlining Glastonbury on the Friday night. Wish I had got a ticket now
Kool DJ Sheak One 7:27 PM - 23 June, 2010
Not sure why this video boasts the Sixty-Eight, when the mixer is not being utilized in any way, besides scratching.

And I hear more Dre and Ke$ha in the video than Gorillaz.
I was expecting to see some actual, live remixing of some Gorillaz tracks. Oh well.
Not Inspired.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:11 PM - 23 June, 2010
I liked the video but ya it falls short of inspiring
Rane, Support
Chad S. 9:10 PM - 23 June, 2010
I enjoyed the video. Have watched it a few times. I like seeing the group working toogether the way they are. Very tight.
Rane, Support
Chad S. 9:11 PM - 23 June, 2010
Quote:

lol. good eyes. You must be into your gear. I like that.
Mikey V 10:06 PM - 23 June, 2010
Sure it's not necessarily "inspiring" from simply a dj technical standpoint. But I've performed with a percussionist and a drummer before...but never both at the same time. I thought it was "inspiring" seeing them all work together...not to mention the video aspect that we didn't see much of.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:09 PM - 23 June, 2010
Quote:
Sure it's not necessarily "inspiring" from simply a dj technical standpoint. But I've performed with a percussionist and a drummer before...but never both at the same time. I thought it was "inspiring" seeing them all work together...not to mention the video aspect that we didn't see much of.

DVDJ crush is doin that in my area next week, im gonna go check it out cause it sounds pretty exciting. Hes got a drummer a guitar player a vocalist and videos.....should be epic
Mikey V 10:12 PM - 23 June, 2010
Now a guitar player is crazy! A drummer or percussionist simply adjust their tempo as we adjust the pitch. How does a guitar player keep from sounding "off-key" at times?
Bezzle, take a quick vid if you can. I'd love to see that.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:17 PM - 23 June, 2010
NO DOUT!! im try to get some good footage of it, im pretty hyped because ive seen plenty of live instrument with DJ combos but not much with video included
djbanno 11:11 PM - 23 June, 2010
Quote:

+1
Live drumming to electronic music is dope.
Wazo 1:44 AM - 24 June, 2010
Quote:

i noticed that as well.