DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

one side of the turntable doesnt work please help!!

djsatony 12:17 AM - 21 June, 2010
one of the side doesnt get any signal for serato. when I go to the set up menu it just shows a straight line instead of a circle. It work in INT mode but not relative mode. please help!! I have a gig in about an hour and I need to figure this out. Btw I am using an official serato cv and I'm using a ttm57
djbanno 12:34 AM - 21 June, 2010
I am certainly no expert; but when i get this issue i unscrew the headshell from the tonearm, give the headshell contacts a moisten with saliva and plug it back in.
I am assuming all cables/headshell wires etc are are correct.
Hope it all goes well dude, good luck.
Dj Shamann 12:37 AM - 21 June, 2010
Quote:
I am certainly no expert; but when i get this issue i unscrew the headshell from the tonearm, give the headshell contacts a moisten with saliva and plug it back in.
I am assuming all cables/headshell wires etc are are correct.
Hope it all goes well dude, good luck.

You're on the right track, but you shouldn't really use your tongue, that creates more build up as is. I find using my thumb yeilds the exact same results, but if you're at home anyway and have the option, might as well use an actual cleaner, one that doesn't leave any residue behind.
djbanno 12:42 AM - 21 June, 2010
^^ Good point.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:39 AM - 21 June, 2010
Contrary to popular belief, using your tongue (No oral), is actually the WORST thing you could do to clean your headshells. And I did it for YEARS.

Go to the store, to the "First Aid" section, and buy a box of those "Alcohol Pads". Those are great.
DJ Dub Cowboy 6:24 PM - 22 June, 2010
it could also be the rca cords, sometimes they need a little jiggle (nm)
DJ Ritmo 6:27 PM - 22 June, 2010
Quote:
it could also be the rca cords, sometimes they need a little jiggle (nm)

happens at the club all the time we have some weird RCA cables but when I jiggle it pops right back in
djsatony 6:43 PM - 22 June, 2010
Thanks for the help guys. I'm still not sure what's wrong though.. it works now but I'm not sure how. It started working out of no where. Kind of scared this is going to happen again. but thank god for INT mode!!
JBLAZE02 6:55 PM - 22 June, 2010
I do repairs on turntables, and it definitely sounds like you need new rca's.
djsatony 7:06 PM - 22 June, 2010
Quote:
I do repairs on turntables, and it definitely sounds like you need new rca's.

Thanks, I probably have to get that checked out. how much do they go for usually if I get em repaired?
DJ Dub Cowboy 7:13 PM - 22 June, 2010
$30-40 per deck parts/labor