Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

export crate as text file..

wtfbollos 1:20 PM - 18 June, 2010
why not be able to export a crate as a flat text file, for playlist purposes?
ryacky 4:45 PM - 4 July, 2010
I completely agree with you. If we can export the history to an excel file, why not the crates too? This seems like an obvious oversight and an easy fix.
wtfbollos 11:49 PM - 25 July, 2010
yup.

there's no other way to export the playlist (create) other than taking a screenie?

i've done that in the past ^^

anyway +

here's an idea:

why not be able to type some names of some songs or whatever into a text file (carriage return terminated of course!) and serato reads it and creates a crate from it's best guess(es). you could easily highlight multiple choice responses and the user could simply delete the wrong version(s)..

you could use a certain directory to dump the text file and serato could auto read and process-to-crate on boot up. any devices or methods used to send the text/file could be set to output to that dir, easing integration.

;)
Laz219 2:16 AM - 26 July, 2010
I do like this idea,

As a work-around though. Make a playlist in Itunes with the name of the crate. Highlight all the tracks within the crate (in SSL) and drag them onto the playlist in itunes. You will then have an itunes playlist of your crate which can be printed directly from Itunes.
s3kn0tr0n1c 2:09 PM - 26 July, 2010
or go through the crate playing them all(quickly) so there in history, then export the history
wtfbollos 9:01 PM - 31 July, 2010
how do you export history?
wtfbollos 1:02 PM - 14 August, 2010
Quote:
or go through the crate playing them all(quickly) so there in history, then export the history

how do you export the history?!
Konix 2:19 PM - 14 August, 2010
Quote:

See this... Watchwww.youtube.com (go to 3:25)
Konix 2:20 PM - 14 August, 2010
P.S. ScratchTools can export regular crates to CSV files.
wtfbollos 10:03 PM - 15 August, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

See this... Watchwww.youtube.com (go to 3:25)

aha, click on date and click export thx! :)