DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

KEYBOARD LAYOUT COVER FOR SSL (4 ALL MACS sorry pc guys coming soon)

deejaychoice 9:41 PM - 5 January, 2007
Its almost here but its in a developmental stage!

Hey DJ's this is Deejaychoice and I have a great idea and I was wondering if you would assist me with, to help & assist all SSL Users.

SO HERES THE CONCEPT:
Keyboard layout for SSL
Full Color & Black Light Friendly
For All Mac's (Pc To Soon Follow)

Easy on/Easy off (or leave on an close)
This is and image of the basic concept design www.kbcovers.com

The finished Layout will be for each model and make of Mac Laptops at the moment (PC users Never fear as soon as the mac Master Layout is finished PC will come very soon after)

Now just as a reference I will be using this image as a starting point but need input for adds and deletes.ssl-wiki.help.bootlegs.de

though out this entire process all of you will be involved and you will be credited in the making(Credited=Shout Outs).

I will be checking the SSL Forum at all times but please feel free to contact me at anytime via deejaychoice@gmail.com for immediate attention.

Looking forward to working with you all----------------------

DJS/UNITE LETS COME TOGETHER AND MAKE ONE SOUND!
Rane, Support
Shaun W 10:57 PM - 5 January, 2007
*moved general*
a-swift 11:20 PM - 5 January, 2007
This would have been great for me 15 months ago. I memorized all the shortcuts by now though.

Good luck with getting them produced. I'm sure there's lots of people who would like something like this.
deejaychoice 12:28 AM - 6 January, 2007
No Problem A-Swift! Since your well orientated with the keyboard and its short cuts please feel free to to give me some input based on all the information listed it would be very helpful and I will post the changes wait for feed back!
GoodVibez 2:32 AM - 6 January, 2007
that would be cool
George Tunee 3:28 AM - 6 January, 2007
That sounds really good!!!..i have several friends which use my setup in the club and just bring their MP3s.
I know the most common shortcuts,they don't!
I just wonder if there are problems with a german keyboard layout..
deejaychoice 7:53 AM - 6 January, 2007
Quote:
That sounds really good!!!..i have several friends which use my setup in the club and just bring their MP3s.
I know the most common shortcuts,they don't!
I just wonder if there are problems with a German keyboard layout..

Just to be clear are you referring that you use a German keyboard layout? If so please forward me a copy of the common keyboard layout.deejaychoice@gmail.com, Thats also a great idea im very glad that brought it to my attention!

So Dj's that said! What international keyboard layouts are more commonly used? USA, German, French, Ect! please forward your feedback, thank you all again for your attention.
deejaychoice 7:54 AM - 6 January, 2007
Quote:
that would be cool

Thanks! do you have any ideas?
George Tunee 11:21 AM - 6 January, 2007
If you plan to take over the european market you need a setup for a qwerty-layout..i'm sure you can look that up,maybe there aren't that much differences in shortcuts,you have to compare.
but honestly if you don't have an exact marketing plan,i would be careful to speak about that.
give it a few weeks and some other dude comes up with this already produced.
What about you handle the us and me the european market? sounds fair to me
deejaychoice 11:34 AM - 6 January, 2007
Quote:
If you plan to take over the european market you need a setup for a qwerty-layout..i'm sure you can look that up,maybe there aren't that much differences in shortcuts,you have to compare.
but honestly if you don't have an exact marketing plan,i would be careful to speak about that.
give it a few weeks and some other dude comes up with this already produced.
What about you handle the us and me the European market? sounds fair to me

Thats not a problem but im sure we can all work together I already have a finished item! Based on the manual and common keys. My only concern is to ensure that I have all areas covered to make it more main stream! Just want the community to share with me so I can give back to the whole dj community.
George Tunee 4:14 PM - 7 January, 2007
How do you produce them and how do they look like?
Can you post a photo?
deejaychoice 8:24 PM - 7 January, 2007
Quote:
How do you produce them and how do they look like?
Can you post a photo?

sure will George keep a close eye out mon or tues maybr even later tonight!
phatplastic 9:22 PM - 8 January, 2007
I would def buy one for my Macbook Pro.
Jim 11:31 PM - 8 January, 2007
Quote:

Me too
deejaychoice 11:59 PM - 8 January, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Me too

No Problem!

Deejaychocie@gmail.com
deejaychoice 8:13 PM - 10 January, 2007
Ok Guys here we are sample #2 almost in its final stage let e know what you think! Feed back is a must!

Also i have attached my ruff notes for the 3rd version then folled by the master.

PLEASE EXCUSE MY RUFF NOTES:ALSO ATTACHED IMAGE (KEEP IN MIND BASED ON A KEYBOARD COVER FROM WWW.KBCOVERS.COM)

Here are my notes: please excuse the ruff verbal!

Tab Key - I think i like the name (Move/Select) in actuality thats what its fuction is i like the name should fit well. the book actually uses the work Alternate could maybe even use that.

Caps locked Key - bare with me me im writing as im thinking i was more aless thinking of the fuctionality of the key! without caps locks on you cannot control decks (are what most djs call that type of interface! so that said i got it CAPS LOCKED KEY (CONTROL DECKS INT. On/off)
i definatly like that. so it would more or less look something Control Decks {(int) Italic} then on /off directly below it. now if that dose not fit then try CTRL DECKS (caps & Bold) followed by the on & off . Just looking at the book again you could as well use[ DECK KEYS (int) ]Followed by on/off!

crtl + Z key - Undo Last (simple) lol

space bare (Tap) BMP - Please Add (Tap) [ (Tap) BPM ] " preferably along with I would love mine to say Deejaychoice! lol"

esc key - Clear

img146.imageshack.us
RICHY RICH 8:28 PM - 10 January, 2007
that looks pretty sick.... i could see that being useful for sure...but when i need to type a title name...its gonna be a little slower
deejaychoice 8:30 PM - 10 January, 2007
Quote:
that looks pretty sick.... i could see that being useful for sure...but when i need to type a title name...its gonna be a little slower

Not at all all the keys will have the original key label on it!
dj disturbed 8:32 PM - 10 January, 2007
ok.. is there a way for it to be transparent enough forthe keyboard backlighing to show through? then you would not have to put the original keys on each one.. you could see the backlight glowing through it slightly.
dj disturbed 8:33 PM - 10 January, 2007
^^^^ atleast with the laptops like the 15in powerbook i use
deejaychoice 8:42 PM - 10 January, 2007
Quote:
ok.. is there a way for it to be transparent enough forthe keyboard backlighing to show through? then you would not have to put the original keys on each one.. you could see the backlight glowing through it slightly.

Sure is it totally shines through, I have just a regular black one on my Macbook and the cap lock shine straight though.

Also any feed back!
deejaychoice 9:39 PM - 10 January, 2007
Iskin & Serato -
img63.imageshack.us

VS.

Deejaychoice & www.kbcovers.com (sample not final)

img146.imageshack.us
DJ Nevoc 9:43 PM - 10 January, 2007
I emailed KB yesterday and they had me send in samples of my keyboards.... DeeJayChoice are you the one heading this project up?
tig ol' bitties 9:51 PM - 10 January, 2007
shun, why cant you hook us PC folk up with this?
deejaychoice 10:15 PM - 10 January, 2007
Quote:
I emailed KB yesterday and they had me send in samples of my keyboards.... DeeJayChoice are you the one heading this project up?

Yes Sir! your input is welcome as well!
deejaychoice 10:20 PM - 10 January, 2007
Quote:
shun, why cant you hook us PC folk up with this?

Again as we speak im looking for vendor support but in the interm im also looking for a list provided by serato users so i can determaine out of the wide range of pc/laptops i may just try a universal layout depending on the keyboard layout!
sweetL 10:27 PM - 10 January, 2007
this is potentially a huge undertaking... but id be impressed if you could support the huge range of pc laptops there are!

fujitsu amilo m1450 g here, want a pic? lol
deejaychoice 10:54 PM - 10 January, 2007
Quote:
this is potentially a huge undertaking... but id be impressed if you could support the huge range of pc laptops there are!

fujitsu amilo m1450 g here, want a pic? lol

That would be a great start!

deejaychoice@gmail.com
djzoo 10:59 PM - 10 January, 2007
wow. you should check out solomons post about the new iskins coming out.
djzoo 11:00 PM - 10 January, 2007
oops. here it is.
www.scratchlive.net
deejaychoice 8:31 AM - 12 January, 2007
deejaychoice 7:04 PM - 28 March, 2007
Email me in reference to: scratchlive.net

Would like to give out a few and see how you feel about it! (For Macbook's and Macbook Pros only) at the moment

deejaychoice@gmail.com
deejaychoice 7:34 PM - 28 March, 2007
Any Tri - State area DJ's Out there watching this thread Preferably Manhattan based will get first use! Holler @ me!

deejaychoice@gmail.com
deepdjdanny 9:00 PM - 28 March, 2007
damn it, i'm in oz!
Nicky Blunt 10:14 AM - 29 March, 2007
Yo im in uk!

Fancy a british review?
swavek 5:26 PM - 29 March, 2007
I use a plain transparent kbcovers overlay on my macbook pro and it feels just fine. it's much thinner than the zCover ProTools overlay I use on my regular keyboard, does not gei in the way, does not cause any extra heating, and I basically never take it off.

now, in reference to an earlier post - I can imagine that the keys backlight will shine through a plain overlay (certainly the transparent one, but also possibly a black one), but once you apply the paint job to it - I somehow doubt it (when I lay my ProTools overlay on the MacBook keyboard - pretty much nothing gets through). oh well, I guess you can't have the cake and eat it too...
Beale Dabbs 5:58 PM - 29 March, 2007
I've memorized most of the shortcuts but I'd still use this overlay. Nothing wrong with a little visual guide on a long night.
deejaychoice 10:12 PM - 29 March, 2007
This just in Just went around to guitar center and they just went crazy and want know when can they get theres & would like to be exclusive. will have the pictures up soon be prepared to be wowed!
Jim 11:18 PM - 29 March, 2007
when and were can i buy one im in minnesota?
deejaychoice 11:21 PM - 29 March, 2007
as soon the ok from my partner ill let you know [Jim]
Jim 11:22 PM - 29 March, 2007
cool,thanks, i have a 15" macbook pro. let me know
djzoo 4:59 PM - 30 March, 2007
how about the 15" powerbook (titanium)
Dj Ace 5:09 PM - 30 March, 2007
Yeah deejaychoice i had a chance to see your first prototype at namm...it was sick. Very nice...
deejaychoice 7:41 PM - 31 March, 2007
Ok Boys & Girls

FIRST LOOK

www.facebook.com

If you want it!

Email: deejaychoice@gmail.com
K-rad 12:30 AM - 6 April, 2007
I just received the SSL cover. Here is my initial review:

It came is a plastic blister package. The cover is a lot thinner and flexible then I expect to be, which I think it's cool. I have a new black Macbook so the black cover matches the case pretty well. It takes a little fudging to make sure it covers all the keys. But man, once it on, it looks like as if Apple designed the SSL layout!

It has nice "gutter" around the keyboard so if drinks are spilled, it won't go into the keyboard crackholes (lack of better word!). It's easy to read the shortcuts in normal light conditions. I guess we will find out if it's easy to read in the DJ gig night scenarios. The "silk-screen" colors are pretty decent. Some keys have the coloring either slightly faded or not perfect, but I'm picky. Most users will not notice that.

Typing is not bad. I have to readjust my finger tensions when typing. Some keys, especially using the pinky fingers, I need to push harder to produce the character. Because of silicon material, which has the rubbery feel, it makes the keyboard alot quieter. Of course, it doesn't apply to club environment, ha ha.

I noticed when hitting the space bar, it edges of the cover lifts up. I guess it's because of the material, the long space bar, and closeness to the edge of the keyboard that cause this effect. It doesn't get in the way but for me, just slightly annoying.

Like Deejaychoice said, I can see the caps lock light, but slightly dimmer obiviously. However, I noticed I can't see the Num Lock light (again, won't matter for SSL users).

Overall, this is a cool product for SSL users. It definitely worth it for users who hasn't master the key layouts, who worry about spills, oil, debris, etc., or just want to look cool. If you planning to do a lot of fast typing on this, it may not be efficient. For SSL users doing "touch typing" the shortcuts, it will work well. I commend KB Covers for making this product and deejaychoice for spearheading this project. Thanks!

I will play more later on after I get home from work and write more feedback, including comparing to my sister's iskin on Macbook pro and even pics.

...my 2 cents.
deejaychoice 12:54 AM - 6 April, 2007
Quote:
cool,thanks, i have a 15" macbook pro. let me know

please email me for further details: deejaychoice@gmail.com
deejaychoice 12:59 AM - 6 April, 2007
Quote:
I just received the SSL cover. Here is my initial review:

It came is a plastic blister package. The cover is a lot thinner and flexible then I expect to be, which I think it's cool. I have a new black Macbook so the black cover matches the case pretty well. It takes a little fudging to make sure it covers all the keys. But man, once it on, it looks like as if Apple designed the SSL layout!

It has nice "gutter" around the keyboard so if drinks are spilled, it won't go into the keyboard crackholes (lack of better word!). It's easy to read the shortcuts in normal light conditions. I guess we will find out if it's easy to read in the DJ gig night scenarios. The "silk-screen" colors are pretty decent. Some keys have the coloring either slightly faded or not perfect, but I'm picky. Most users will not notice that.

Typing is not bad. I have to readjust my finger tensions when typing. Some keys, especially using the pinky fingers, I need to push harder to produce the character. Because of silicon material, which has the rubbery feel, it makes the keyboard alot quieter. Of course, it doesn't apply to club environment, ha ha.

I noticed when hitting the space bar, it edges of the cover lifts up. I guess it's because of the material, the long space bar, and closeness to the edge of the keyboard that cause this effect. It doesn't get in the way but for me, just slightly annoying.

Like Deejaychoice said, I can see the caps lock light, but slightly dimmer obiviously. However, I noticed I can't see the Num Lock light (again, won't matter for SSL users).

Overall, this is a cool product for SSL users. It definitely worth it for users who hasn't master the key layouts, who worry about spills, oil, debris, etc., or just want to look cool. If you planning to do a lot of fast typing on this, it may not be efficient. For SSL users doing "touch typing" the shortcuts, it will work well. I commend KB Covers for making this product and deejaychoice for spearheading this project. Thanks!

I will play more later on after I get home from work and write more feedback, including comparing to my sister's iskin on Macbook pro and even pics.

...my 2 cents.

First and foremost I would like to thank you for supporting what the project as well as accepting your great review!

THANK YOU K-Rad

Please feel free too contact me so we can further so we can chat more: deejaychoice@gmail.com
deejaychoice 1:00 AM - 6 April, 2007
sorry about the added "what" should not be in there!
dj-c 4:56 PM - 7 April, 2007
Just recieved my cover for my mac, SOLID! thx for your help
Dj Ace 3:48 AM - 8 April, 2007
Where do you get it from?
BriChi 3:53 AM - 8 April, 2007
I think this is it
www.kbcovers.com
deejaychoice 9:58 AM - 8 April, 2007
Quote:
Where do you get it from?
Quote:
I think this is it
www.kbcovers.com

YOU CAN GET THE COVERS FROM KBCOVERS.COM(MY PARTNERS)

BUT I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE EVERY ONE A PROMO CODE OR BETTER YET A (DJ DISCOUNT) HOLLER: deejaychoice@gmail.com
Dj Ace 4:06 PM - 8 April, 2007
awww...to late deejaychoice I already ordered it! Oh well if i like it i will be ordering another one!
HittinSkinzTa2 4:47 PM - 8 April, 2007
I got my cover the other day. Looks nice, made well.
2 little things I'm kind of unhappy with. Not a HUGE deal but... first, there is no "O" & "K" on the associated keys. (nothing major, but it would help with typing) Second, I can't for the life of me, get mine to lay snug. If I get one part nice and flat, the opposite side bubbles up and vice versa. Anyone have suggestions on how they get theirs to lay nice and flat?
deejaychoice 5:37 PM - 8 April, 2007
Quote:
I got my cover the other day. Looks nice, made well.
2 little things I'm kind of unhappy with. Not a HUGE deal but... first, there is no "O" & "K" on the associated keys. (nothing major, but it would help with typing) Second, I can't for the life of me, get mine to lay snug. If I get one part nice and flat, the opposite side bubbles up and vice versa. Anyone have suggestions on how they get theirs to lay nice and flat?

WASH IT! WHEN YOU APPLY IT THE SECOND TIME START FROM THE SPACE BAR AND WORK YOUR WAY UP, THEN RUB YOUR HANDS BACK & FORTH OVER THE KEYS!

I HAVE VERSION 2 IS IN I DO UNDERSTAND THAT THE O & K LABLE ARE MISSING THAT WAS A MANUFACTURE ERROR WE CAN REPLACE ANYONES IF THIS IS AN ISSUE BUT, I DIDNT THINK IT WAS SO MAJOR AS WELL AS I WANTED TO THE FIRST OUT WIT IT:) SO HIT ME UP AND I WILL ARRANGE REPLACEMENT IF NEED BE (SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS JUST DID A GIG LAST NIGHT LOL.....

OH AND THANK TO EVERYONE.....

AGAIN DJ DISCOUNT FROM ME HIT ME UP (MORE PICS COMING @ YA)

(IM NOT SHOUTING JUST LAZY PLEASE EXCUSE THE CAPS)
HittinSkinzTa2 6:50 PM - 8 April, 2007
Ok... tried all that.
Maybe I'm either a complete moron or just really anal, but mine does not stay down well. I tried pressing the cover down and getting it smooth. Still, doesn't lay right.
Kid Blast 7:18 AM - 9 April, 2007
Dude, I'm well up for one of these

Is anyone in the uk stocking them?
deejaychoice 11:33 AM - 9 April, 2007
Quote:
Dude, I'm well up for one of these

Is anyone in the uk stocking them?

touch base with me: deejaychoice@gmail.com
Dainja 4:59 PM - 9 April, 2007
You are doing a real cool thing here Deejaychoice, lots of love to you! Will we get a white version for white Macs? ;)

Anyway, the major thing I would like to change is the color of the CUE buttons. They should be color coded as in the software. 1= red, 2= yellow and so on... Makes the cueing alot faster when you spin!

Bless!

/ Dainja
deejaychoice 5:06 PM - 9 April, 2007
Quote:
You are doing a real cool thing here Deejaychoice, lots of love to you! Will we get a white version for white Macs? ;)

Anyway, the major thing I would like to change is the color of the CUE buttons. They should be color coded as in the software. 1= red, 2= yellow and so on... Makes the cueing alot faster when you spin!

Bless!

/ Dainja

That is a very great idea but i really deal with some major limitations with certain things so it makes it difficult but i will try and see what i can come up with!

Also if im not mistaken when your setting cue points (on the fly) some times the colors dont match the numbers for instance when you make a mistake and you delete your old cue point and just right after make another cue point it jumps to the next color so it kinda makes that redundant.

But i am open to be corrected!
deejaychoice 5:12 PM - 9 April, 2007
Also I'm not to sure about white because of the material it will most likely show dirt faster and stain!
HittinSkinzTa2 5:14 PM - 9 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Bless!

/ Dainja

That is a very great idea but i really deal with some major limitations with certain things so it makes it difficult but i will try and see what i can come up with!

Also if im not mistaken when your setting cue points (on the fly) some times the colors dont match the numbers for instance when you make a mistake and you delete your old cue point and just right after make another cue point it jumps to the next color so it kinda makes that redundant.

But i am open to be corrected!

You're right about that.
theInFaDeR 4:37 PM - 10 April, 2007
Got mine in last thursday & used it all weekend for gigs and loved it... I orginally had a clear Iskin with paper tabs cutout for the shortcuts underneath LOL. Anyway the havin the new KB cover actually helps guide certain keys in the dark club with the white & yellow color
codes esp with a (black macbook) only thing I noticed is mine is missing
a few key letters like "k" & "o" but no biggie though cuz I'm used to where
the keys are located when typing anyway... but it deff feels smooth &
looks xtra dope with the black on black. Actually lays down cleaner than
the iskin cover I had cuz the corners on the Iskin used to fold up on the top corners (which annoyed the shyyt out of me) from the way they packaged it. anyway good looks on
these new covers.. they're deff nice to have. coulda used that discount haha but im sure i'll have to order a backup one soon....
Dainja 4:45 PM - 10 April, 2007
I would need a european version cause our Return key has another shape than the US version...
Dainja 4:54 PM - 10 April, 2007
Iskin solved that problem by letting the skin be formed in a way that fit both european and US return button.
deepdjdanny 6:45 AM - 18 April, 2007
so... No OK!

:)
GoodVibez 11:43 AM - 18 April, 2007
I got mine nice
Diggs 10:47 PM - 18 April, 2007
Promo Code: lafcpug

Knocks $3 off...

=)
bumpsdick 11:54 PM - 18 April, 2007
I received my macbook pro cover a little over a week ago. Been using it since and I haven't removed it for my non-serato computer tasks. The cover doesn't get in the way and I am still able to do regular touch-typing. Luckily, I got one with a K & O.

Only complaint is that it doesn't always lay flat, but this inconvenience is nominal.
deejaychoice 11:14 PM - 26 April, 2007
Yo was sup to all who have a keyboard cover please send me your pictures of you using it, it would be great! I would like to post them..... deejaychoice@gmail.com

Also if you still don't have one link me I will hook you up!
Nicky Blunt 9:51 AM - 27 April, 2007
any on the pc side of things yet dude?
deejaychoice 9:54 AM - 27 April, 2007
Quote:
any on the pc side of things yet dude?

not yet!
Nicky Blunt 9:54 AM - 27 April, 2007
dont mean to sound like an excited kid but at the risk of that
Nicky Blunt 9:55 AM - 27 April, 2007
when when when????????

LOL
HittinSkinzTa2 7:46 PM - 27 April, 2007
I'm still waiting on a replacement. Mine didn't fit well at all.
deejaychoice 12:15 AM - 30 April, 2007
Quote:
I'm still waiting on a replacement. Mine didn't fit well at all.

Im sorry for your delay please email me with details and i will express urgency with my distributors. Thank you in advance for your continued support!

deejaychoice@gmail.com
HittinSkinzTa2 1:34 AM - 30 April, 2007
I've already emailed you about it. Still haven't received my new one. It's been a few weeks.
dj hoodat baller 3:06 AM - 30 April, 2007
How much do they cost and can i get one soon. I would like one for free
deejaychoice 3:11 AM - 30 April, 2007
Quote:
How much do they cost and can i get one soon. I would like one for free

What type of machine are you running and if you would like to get one please be sure to email me asap!

deejaychoice@gmail.com
Soulsonica™ 7:19 PM - 30 April, 2007
Quote:
Yo was sup to all who have a keyboard cover please send me your pictures of you using it, it would be great!

Thanks deejaychoice. These covers are a great aid in getting around the GUI. Here's a pic of mine that I got just last week: i177.photobucket.com

Curious as to why Rane/Serato didn't lay the shortcuts out so left deck keys where on the left of the keyboard and right for right rather than staked top/bottom like they are now. Seams counter intuitive.
deejaychoice 7:23 PM - 30 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Yo was sup to all who have a keyboard cover please send me your pictures of you using it, it would be great!

Thanks deejaychoice. These covers are a great aid in getting around the GUI. Here's a pic of mine that I got just last week: i177.photobucket.com

Curious as to why Rane/Serato didn't lay the shortcuts out so left deck keys where on the left of the keyboard and right for right rather than staked top/bottom like they are now. Seams counter intuitive.

also its is all possible for you to get a move elevated picture!?

Thanks alot man looks beautiful will post it up on my page www.mypsace.com
DjWoody 7:45 PM - 30 April, 2007
I just ordered mine! hehehe
deejaychoice 7:47 PM - 30 April, 2007
Quote:
I just ordered mine! hehehe

Did you use my promo Code?
DjWoody 7:51 PM - 30 April, 2007
yes I did...
DjWoody 7:51 PM - 30 April, 2007
Actually, I used this one...

lafcpug

Is that yours? Hehe
deejaychoice 7:51 PM - 30 April, 2007
Cool Wanted To make Sure!
DjWoody 7:53 PM - 30 April, 2007
hehe yeah! thanks! How long does it take to get it? I sent the link to several friends of mine too. They wanna see mine before they get one. hehe
deejaychoice 7:55 PM - 30 April, 2007
Nice & again you sent the same promo code as well?

it should get there within a 2-3 days if expressed! maybe less.
DjWoody 8:13 PM - 30 April, 2007
Nice! I got first class. :( Oh well, I'll just have to wait. But since you guys charged me sales tax, that means you guys are in Cali and I first class is usually 1-2 days in Cali.

Hey, why is there no contact address or phone number on KB's website? All there is , it's an email. I see several people already bought off you, but normally I'm hesitant when it comes buying stuff on websites with no contact info.
deejaychoice 8:19 PM - 30 April, 2007
Quote:
Nice! I got first class. :( Oh well, I'll just have to wait. But since you guys charged me sales tax, that means you guys are in Cali and I first class is usually 1-2 days in Cali.

Hey, why is there no contact address or phone number on KB's website? All there is , it's an email. I see several people already bought off you, but normally I'm hesitant when it comes buying stuff on websites with no contact info.

yeah sorry dude thats just the way the company works! I mean over all I think there really professional and I haven't had any issues with them as of yet. All the business ive actually done with the company has been thru video conferencing! But I do have direct contact info so please feel free to contact me anytime if there are any issues.
DjWoody 8:24 PM - 30 April, 2007
No worries. Like I said, several people bought off you already, so it's all good. If anything, I'll PM you.
deejaychoice 8:25 PM - 30 April, 2007
Quote:
No worries. Like I said, several people bought off you already, so it's all good. If anything, I'll PM you.

No Doubt! cheers
K-rad 8:56 PM - 30 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

yeah sorry dude thats just the way the company works! I mean over all I think there really professional and I haven't had any issues with them as of yet. All the business ive actually done with the company has been thru video conferencing! But I do have direct contact info so please feel free to contact me anytime if there are any issues.

They are based in El Segundo, by LAX. So you should get in one day.
deejaychoice 8:59 PM - 30 April, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

They are based in El Segundo, by LAX. So you should get in one day.

Yeah I know! THATS WERE I LEFT MY WALLET! lmao
K-rad 9:13 PM - 30 April, 2007
Ha ha, saw Tribe Called Quest hanging out when I picked up the Serato Skin.

One of these days, I need to take a pic of your masterpiece and send it to ya.
deejaychoice 9:17 PM - 30 April, 2007
Quote:
Ha ha, saw Tribe Called Quest hanging out when I picked up the Serato Skin.

One of these days, I need to take a pic of your masterpiece and send it to ya.

No worries kwel dude keep in touch! And I the vivid discription of my work as a "Masterpiece" Got to love that.

Respect K-Rad
djbabyboy 9:56 PM - 30 April, 2007
Damn what about the PC guys? Can we get down on the keyboard layout?
De LA 10:06 PM - 30 April, 2007
It would be great if you made a DELL version, since they are more widely used.
deejaychoice 10:08 PM - 30 April, 2007
Quote:

everyone needs to pic 1 pc laptop and stick wit it! there are to many key layouts out there the main reason why i choose the mac's were for that reason as well as because they are a more reliable machine also used more widely used than pc! :)

With all do respect!:) all pc guys just need to pick a few machine and stick wit it then i could possibly find a vendor to support me! that would be the only way!
deejaychoice 10:10 PM - 30 April, 2007
Quote:

just saw your post after i posted i will look into it for sure!
Soulsonica™ 12:18 AM - 1 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Like this? i177.photobucket.com
deejaychoice 12:20 AM - 1 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Like this? i177.photobucket.com

That one is great!
Soulsonica™ 12:23 AM - 1 May, 2007
Cool. Hey Choice, I checked out your MySpace and I see you are a Rollie fan as well ;-) i145.photobucket.com
Soulsonica™ 12:29 AM - 1 May, 2007
Here's another model i145.photobucket.com
deejaychoice 12:43 AM - 1 May, 2007
Quote:
Here's another model i145.photobucket.com
Quote:
Cool. Hey Choice, I checked out your MySpace and I see you are a Rollie fan as well ;-) i145.photobucket.com

Yeah i have 2 others now! i sold that one... i have a dress datona w/ Brown crocodile band & the latest submariner GMT-MASTER II
Soulsonica™ 12:50 AM - 1 May, 2007
That's funny. I just sold my GMT Master II --> i145.photobucket.com
deejaychoice 12:52 AM - 1 May, 2007
lovely!
Soulsonica™ 12:54 AM - 1 May, 2007
I don't find many other fellow DJs who are into high-end timepieces. Enjoy your babies! ;-)
deejaychoice 12:58 AM - 1 May, 2007
just got to know how to make the right investments class is everything! But I do agree.. But you as well enjoy you SSL cover.
DJ Distrakted 1:29 AM - 1 May, 2007
PC pleeeeeeze
deejaychoice 1:31 AM - 1 May, 2007
Quote:
PC pleeeeeeze

everyone needs to pic 1 pc laptop and stick wit it! there are to many key layouts out there the main reason why i choose the mac's were for that reason as well as because they are a more reliable machine also used more widely used than pc! :)

With all do respect!:) all pc guys just need to pick a few machine and stick wit it then i could possibly find a vendor to support me! that would be the only way!
Nicky Blunt 8:52 AM - 1 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

just saw your post after i posted i will look into it for sure!

Please do my dell needs this layout!
djbabyboy 1:25 PM - 1 May, 2007
Well i do have a dell.
Nicky Blunt 1:38 PM - 1 May, 2007
I have the inspiron model I would dearly love a layout!

Hook me up!
De LA 6:21 PM - 1 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

I think using a Dell would be great start. Guys like Crooklyn Clan rock em so why not. I use a Latitude. but I think the keyboard layouts are the same as the other models. Minus the media buttons on the button.
deejaychoice 6:25 AM - 2 May, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think using a Dell would be great start. Guys like Crooklyn Clan rock em so why not. I use a Latitude. but I think the keyboard layouts are the same as the other models. Minus the media buttons on the button.

I will sure as hell look into it! dose anyone know of a vender that make just a regular keyboard cover for dells?
Nicky Blunt 9:02 AM - 2 May, 2007
nah but try froogle.com
DjWoody 9:36 PM - 4 May, 2007
I got mine delivered last night. I really liked them, BUT, and this is a HUGE BUT!!! They're really hard to see at a dark club. I tried them last night at the club, and I had to take them off cuz I couldn't read. All the other DJ's were WOW'd with it though. It's a very good idea, but they're just hard to see.
deejaychoice 9:43 PM - 4 May, 2007
Quote:
I got mine delivered last night. I really liked them, BUT, and this is a HUGE BUT!!! They're really hard to see at a dark club. I tried them last night at the club, and I had to take them off cuz I couldn't read. All the other DJ's were WOW'd with it though. It's a very good idea, but they're just hard to see.

WOW im surprised to hear that im curious about the space you are working in must be very ill lighted that is very strange! even in the darkest place with no light an the display brightness set to max i can see as clear as day! dose anyone else agree!
deejaychoice 9:40 AM - 18 June, 2007
For any of you who have not Gotten on what are you WAITING for!

Go to:

www.kbcovers.com

The Promo Code is REMIX07 (gets you 10 % off)

The Code expires 6/30/07

Cheers,

Kenny Styles P.
718 801 1615

www.myspace.com
deejaychoice (SKYPE)
deejaychoice@gmail.com
deejaychoice (AIM)
deejaychoice@hotmail.com
deejaychoice@yahoo.com

SEE IF YOU CAN CATCH ME ON FACEBOOK!
bumpsdick 12:13 AM - 2 August, 2007
Quote:
Yo was sup to all who have a keyboard cover please send me your pictures of you using it, it would be great! I would like to post them..... deejaychoice@gmail.com

Also if you still don't have one link me I will hook you up!

www.missingtoof.com
De LA 1:51 AM - 2 August, 2007
any progress on a pc one?
djkings_escobar 2:30 PM - 3 August, 2007
ordered...