Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

MixEmergency 1.5 is out!

phatbob 10:06 AM - 11 June, 2010
I know some of you use it and some don't, but I'm totally loving the latest tweaks. Just so refined now!

Watchwww.youtube.com
djdaddydog 1:03 PM - 11 June, 2010
c'mon now... you won't be sorry

30 + free additional effects/transitions besides standard dissolve, lumas, wipes
preset effects/transitions midi mappable
custom arrangement of effects & transitions

don't believe me, check out the list of free additional plug-ins:
www.inklen.com

check out the video i did using mix emergency:
Watchwww.youtube.com
phatbob 1:49 PM - 11 June, 2010
The real killer for me with MixEmergency, especially with the launch of SL 2.0, is the ability to place the different windows where you like on the screen. In 2.0 Video SL just EATS your screen real-estate up.
DJ MDX 3:51 PM - 11 June, 2010
I love the enhancements to recording and it is A LOT faster than it was before - I also like the fact if you have FCS or others, you can also use its Pro Res and others available to you.
djdaddydog 4:48 PM - 11 June, 2010
yeah man,...the #1 thing ME gives are LOTS of options to move stuff around and customize most of the settings
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:08 PM - 11 June, 2010
i think im going to purchase this this weekend
djpuma_gemini 5:25 PM - 11 June, 2010
New recording enhancements, getting it now.
djpuma_gemini 5:25 PM - 11 June, 2010
Hopefully they implemented a way to export only parts of your set and not the entire thing, especially when you record the entire 4 hour set.
DJ MDX 5:27 PM - 11 June, 2010
Quote:
Hopefully they implemented a way to export only parts of your set and not the entire thing, especially when you record the entire 4 hour set.

They did ;-) - but only in an "iphone style" trim
djpuma_gemini 5:53 PM - 11 June, 2010
damn
carter 6:38 PM - 11 June, 2010
I'm not on ME. Is it a VSL substitute or enhancement?
djpuma_gemini 6:38 PM - 11 June, 2010
Substitute enhancement. not enhancing vsl, but it's an improvement over VSL
carter 6:41 PM - 11 June, 2010
I think I got that. So if someone had SSL and had the choice of doing video they could buy either one? Or would they still need the VSL plugin too?
djpuma_gemini 6:47 PM - 11 June, 2010
Either one. I own both, but to be honest I haven't used vsl since 1.1.
djpuma_gemini 6:47 PM - 11 June, 2010
I need the recording function and ME has that.
djdaddydog 6:48 PM - 11 June, 2010
Quote:
I think I got that. So if someone had SSL and had the choice of doing video they could buy either one? Or would they still need the VSL plugin too?

exactly carter. you just need the 57 or a midi mixer & serato and it's up to you to use ME or VSL. you don't need to buy VSL to run ME.
carter 6:57 PM - 11 June, 2010
Hmm...might have to look at that. Any laying avi or mpeg files back through it with success?
lvmez 7:21 PM - 11 June, 2010
i'm gonna have to try it out. i'm so used to vsl..
skinnyguy 7:40 PM - 11 June, 2010
you'll still need vsl installed (even if demo only) to import your mp4 files into ssl.
djpuma_gemini 9:47 PM - 11 June, 2010
Quote:
you'll still need vsl installed (even if demo only) to import your mp4 files into ssl.

+1

forgot about that.
skinnyguy 6:02 AM - 12 June, 2010
ooh, it has using album art embedded in the mp3 as your visual. i remember that being suggested here...
Dj Ace 1:35 PM - 12 June, 2010
That sounds sweet but i like being able to control EVERYTHING from my 57...
DJCheLu 4:43 PM - 12 June, 2010
Thats it im trying the demo. Its just so hard to spend another 200 on a program. Hopefully its jsut as easy to use as vsl. The only feature i wanted on vsl was an random transition selector. ME has text and image effects right?
marx 5:22 PM - 12 June, 2010
Yup
Funkytownstopsix 6:39 PM - 12 June, 2010
Quote:
That sounds sweet but i like being able to control EVERYTHING from my 57...

That's been my issue I rarely touch my laptop, now If my 57 would work with that program then it would be a wrap. Really I would feel sad about that since I paid all that money for my 57 and I do still kinda feel sad as I could use a regular mixer and ME and saved 1200..... damn damn damn.......ME and Serato should really team up to make the best dj software ever... They together could easily set the standards.
marx 6:45 PM - 12 June, 2010
Actually its operated from a former serato employee (from what I've been told). So its actually something vsl should of already had :-(
Funkytownstopsix 6:57 PM - 12 June, 2010
yeah I heard that tooo but money is money...... they could make many more sales if it worked with the 57.... it would simply be the shit...... I am sure both can come to an agreement on that... as they both wold benefit from it.
Res-Q 7:13 PM - 12 June, 2010
If ME is run by a former vsl employee its a shame SL let go someone with so much coding talent. They should have given him a raise and keep him on the VSL project because that guy alone really seems to have video on lock.
Or serato could buy ME and merge it with Vsl. That would be dope.
DJ-Phat-AL 7:48 PM - 12 June, 2010
Quote:

+1
Dj Nyce 7:49 PM - 12 June, 2010
Quote:
If ME is run by a former vsl employee its a shame SL let go someone with so much coding talent. They should have given him a raise and keep him on the VSL project because that guy alone really seems to have video on lock.

i really hope serato is thinking about this...
Kenny Q 6:25 AM - 13 June, 2010
If Serato buys ME and merges it into VSL. A lot of you would have lost $200.
djpuma_gemini 6:27 AM - 13 June, 2010
Still worth it.
Kenny Q 6:37 AM - 13 June, 2010
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

Pure Dopeness.
skinnyguy 10:46 AM - 13 June, 2010
It does work with the 57.
DJ WyTE 11:44 AM - 13 June, 2010
gonna buy it wtf... dopeness!
Funkytownstopsix 3:38 PM - 13 June, 2010
really
Quote:
It does work with the 57.

all buttons such as b1 and the scroll button work... How we load songs on the 57 works as well.
Dj Ace 3:57 PM - 13 June, 2010
Not the video and fader effects
tomatoslice 4:39 PM - 13 June, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

+1

i certainly hope not...part of what makes ME so good and why i use it is because it is NOT a serato product.

i am sorry but serato has NOT put out the best products of late. i am not going to list the multiple fkups they have done or the issues i have found.
so far i have found no problems with ME.

a monopoly in this industry or fewer companies breeds staleness and less ingenuity.
keep the competitiveness.
ME is beating VSL on many many many levels. i'd hate to see them lose that edge because they merged.

that would be about as shit as BF going the route of COD...unfortunately it is.
popnwave 4:47 PM - 13 June, 2010
So ME runs on it's own? If it doesn't how does it beat SSL if SSL is needed for it to function?
tomatoslice 5:01 PM - 13 June, 2010
Quote:
So ME runs on it's own? If it doesn't how does it beat SSL if SSL is needed for it to function?

ME can work on it's own but it comes into it's best when paired with ssl.
the only time i use it without vsl is when i am doing backgrounds for people.
i would never vj audio and video with just ME...i wouldn't even know how that would work if it can be done.

Quote:
Quote:

+1

forgot about that.

yea, that's the crap end of it.

but it was TOTALLY worth the 179$.
i bought it for video and audio set recording but in the end i have barely used it for that.
even so, i am much happier with ME.
i haven't dived too far into the program to be an expert but the biggest thing for me has been the transitions. they are great and the fact that you can set it to auto switch random transitions is excellent. the best part of that is that you don't have to use every transition to auto-switch, you can turn the ones you don't like off and it won't use them.

i also like the gui style.
this is something i wish ssl would adapt, movable and attachable windows. what if i don't want those round decks? why do i need that? i should be able to turn them off, move it aside or even resize it.
the resizable 3 video screen is nice compared to the preset vsl one. what's the point of a big area that the images are set in if they don't fill it? why is the image still small? not a good use of space.
djdaddydog 5:18 PM - 13 June, 2010
right on tomato
Dj Intel Army 5:27 PM - 13 June, 2010
Will the crossfader on the ttm57sl work with ME
im looking to make the plunge
dvdjcrush 5:33 PM - 13 June, 2010
yes i've had ME for about a year and just starting messing around with it since 1.5 and i like it alot...
djpuma_gemini 8:06 PM - 13 June, 2010
crossfaders and upfaders work.
You can also choose to link them with the audio/video, so say you get a song that the crowd sings along with and you want to drop the volume, you can choose to have the video stay up and audio fader, or not. Just like vsl.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:55 PM - 13 June, 2010
i was going to grab it this weekend but my smash vids account ran out so that money went there instead, mabye next seekend
tomatoslice 10:10 PM - 13 June, 2010
i like the video crossfade feature of the volume controls...
where you don't have to use the 57 crossfader at all if you don't want and the vid still has a "crossfade" effect, based simply on the position of the volume faders.
DJ WyTE 4:20 AM - 14 June, 2010
Yeah all i know is i said wow and i'm focused on buying it this week. Sucks because I thought VSL was #1....
Henry GQ 4:20 AM - 14 June, 2010
ME is super nice. but i havent used it since serato 2.0 came out with vsl 1.2

simply because of the spacebar feature.. hitting the spacebar to make vsl smaller and the library bigger is huge for me.

ME def crushes VSl. and now with the text thingy it def kills it. and with all the efx and transitions.. yuh. and being able to get new plug ins ever week or so.. what else can u say ?
djchope 10:31 AM - 14 June, 2010
this is probably a stupid question...
but can it be used like vsl?
or how can we run it?through serato
Dj Nyce 12:40 PM - 14 June, 2010
Quote:
this is probably a stupid question...
but can it be used like vsl?
or how can we run it?through serato

it is a stand alone program that can be controlled by midi or by serato. when it is being controlled by serato, you'll need the vsl plugin enabled (doesn't have to be running and the demo is fine). control via serato is seamless.

there are few videos on the site and the demo is free.
phatbob 1:12 PM - 14 June, 2010
Henry GQ: I know what you mean about the spacebar thing, that's why I like ME, I just have my preview windows as small as they can go, and shrink the controls too, stick them over on the right at the top of the library, and then I've got loads of library visible.

I guess if you did that, but put them at the bottom of the screen, you could still use the spacebar thing too.

My ME windows aren't big enough to really hide any of my library...

I'll upload a pic of my layout at my gig later, for those who are curious how it fits.
Henry GQ 2:43 PM - 14 June, 2010
yeah please upload a pic.

but i do love ME!! especially 1.5!
Funkytownstopsix 3:31 PM - 14 June, 2010
So Henery can you confirm what ME will do with the 57.
tomatoslice 4:36 PM - 14 June, 2010
Quote:

is that a question?

ME, at the very least, can be controlled by the upfaders and crossfader of the 57.
Kenny Q 4:45 PM - 14 June, 2010
I might look into getting ME.
How do some of you have it set up with the Nanokontrol?
Dj Nyce 4:53 PM - 14 June, 2010
Quote:

there are also options in ME to utilize the mixer's contour and link/unlink audio/video to the up faders. you can also link the ME's xfader to the mixer's cue fader, or upfaders
Henry GQ 5:19 PM - 14 June, 2010
yeah i dont use the ttm57. but it does work with the 68.

it gives u more control than vsl. period. pick up a midi controller and prepare urself for the next level
Funkytownstopsix 5:40 PM - 14 June, 2010
fucccck,,,,that's why I brought the 57.... I will have to really debate this one in my mind. To me a waste of money buying the 57 if I buy ME.... oh well another pot to piss in.... Thanks Henry.
Henry GQ 5:51 PM - 14 June, 2010
i think u can still use ME with the ttm
Funkytownstopsix 7:53 PM - 14 June, 2010
Oh I could use the 57 but only as a mixer but my B1-B6 buttons for cues would not work as a matter of fact none of the features would work so I am gathering. So I would have to use a midi to control all other aspects such as cues loops so I would have double the learning curve as I have to learn ME and a midi control..... This is why they(VSL & ME) should merge the 57 is a big ass midi mixer... There should be no reason that you could not assign everything in ME to that mixer.......... Hell that would greatly help the sales of that mixer in my eyes. But Rane would make that money.....
Niro 8:06 PM - 14 June, 2010
You can use all of the functions of the 57 cues and loops, just not the video group to control effects and transitions.
Dj Nyce 8:17 PM - 14 June, 2010
Quote:
You can use all of the functions of the 57 cues and loops, just not the video group to control effects and transitions.

yep, what he said
phatbob 9:36 PM - 14 June, 2010
These are some crappy iPhone pics of my screen, but you can see how small ME can be on your screen compared to VSL. Plus I can have my prepare window open...

twitpic.com
twitpic.com
djdaddydog 9:48 PM - 14 June, 2010
you can take a good screenshot by pressing shift cmd 3. here's my layout

i71.photobucket.com
djchope 9:53 PM - 14 June, 2010
nice! thanks!
makes me want to get it, im going to wait to see what vsl comes up with next? they should step their game up. wait or no wait?
djpuma_gemini 10:08 PM - 14 June, 2010
Don't wait.

If you want to record your sets now, do it.

If you record them another way, don't do it.

The recording feature was the main reason I jumped on ME.
Henry GQ 10:12 PM - 14 June, 2010
u guys opened my eyes to a different way of setting up my ME thnx
DJ MDX 10:49 PM - 14 June, 2010
Quote:
Don't wait.

+1
DJ MDX 11:05 PM - 14 June, 2010
Quote:

i71.photobucket.com

Very nice use of real-estate!
djpuma_gemini 11:13 PM - 14 June, 2010
I usually have the prepare window open and drop all the me stuff there.
tomatoslice 11:40 PM - 14 June, 2010
Quote:
nice! thanks!
makes me want to get it, im going to wait to see what vsl comes up with next? they should step their game up. wait or no wait?

yea, don't wait.

i have been happy with ME for quite awhile.
it was better than vsl when i got it and it still is.
even with all the newer features of vsl (which don't always work), ME is better.
vsl would have to do almost a complete re-haul to catch up.
they would have to add a lot of features, then they would have to beta test it and release it, unbroken hopefully.
all that will and would take some time.
there are just soooo many things...

sorry serato, just telling it like it is. i do hope you catch up tho

Quote:
Don't wait.

ditto
tomatoslice 12:26 AM - 15 June, 2010
my simple and basic setup.
i4.photobucket.com

this is still on 192.
i don't find at that necessary to see all my tracks, so my vid screen is huuuuge.
the word "Cosmos" looks strange because it is rotating on it's z axis.
by the way daddydog that is a good transition for juggles
djdaddydog 2:00 AM - 15 June, 2010
looks pretty smooth tomato,...mines looks way too busy. i spend too much time worrying. 25% on the mix, 25% on the efx, 25% on the transitions, & 25% trying to control everything...it drives me crazy. i need to simplify my ish down. everyone with ME put a screen shot of your layout! i'm sure a majority of the ppl's set up is going to be different.
Funkytownstopsix 2:25 AM - 15 June, 2010
Quote:

Oh shit......... its on....
Funkytownstopsix 2:27 AM - 15 June, 2010
It will be like going from the Palm Pre to the HTC EVO G4........ FYI the EVO is the Shit..
DJ MDX 3:23 AM - 15 June, 2010
I think I like this clean set up for now - Lets see if this works - www.facebook.com

If it doesn't please let me know and I'll host it else where - I just can't remember all my passwords to all these hosting sites...lol

Btw, Text and Output window are obviously not normally in there as you'll understand why...lol
tomatoslice 3:43 AM - 15 June, 2010
yea, it worked MDX...that's a crazy one. i like it.
you have so much space to work with, you on a 17"?
i imagine that text control is temporary but you can move it all the way to the right.
seeing yours makes me realize i have a lot of space by the tracklist that i can use.
think i will do a redesign.

yours is fine d-dog. i tried setting mine up like yours but being on 192 didn't look as nice.
what you have clean enough and it works it's purpose. that's what matters most.
i like that you can see the hardware controls. i don't use the default and would like to access it faster for changes.
one thing that could help in worrying about transitions is setting them to random and turning off the ones you don't like.
DJ MDX 4:11 AM - 15 June, 2010
Thanks tomatoslice and yes, its a 17". Yeah I can move the text all the way to the right and it does look a lot better if I were to keep it there. The output window would obviously not be there but on its proper separate monitor - thats just said for those that are not familiar with the set up and are browsing for info ;-)

I originally wanted to use prepare but it makes my track scroll inoperable on the 57 and I need that to scroll thru tracks - I believe the prepare option gives you the largest amount of vertical space.

I agree there is a lot of space to the right of the tracklist if you don't use all the extra's or just limit the options to the bare basics you need - which is what I do.
phatbob 12:54 PM - 15 June, 2010
Interesting to see the different layouts people are using. I guess a lot of the reasoning is hardware dependent; I use a 15" MBP, a PadKontrol, and Pioneer 7/800 mixers exclusively, and my layout reflects the type of controls they offer. I can see how 57 users would need something different.

If you are considering ME, I would definitely suggest trying the demo to see how it works for you. It fitted my needs when I first started doing video as I didn't have a midi mixer, and the one-button auto xfade let me use a footswitch to fade video.

I bought both VideoSL and ME, and I don't regret either of those purchases. I think if you are serious about video work it is best to have a selection of tools at your disposal. Every system you use, every night you do, will be different.

On my current laptop the sweet spot is SL 1.9.2 and ME, but that could all change with a new release from either company.
djpuma_gemini 4:11 PM - 15 June, 2010
Currently using 1.9.2 and ME as well. Staying away from 2.0 until they fix the bpm issue.
Kenny Q 6:46 PM - 15 June, 2010
What BPM issue?
Dj Nyce 8:20 PM - 15 June, 2010
Quote:
What BPM issue?

when analyzing files, ssl 2.0 has been very inconsistent with bpm's. if you don't restrict it to a range there's a 50% chance that your bpm will be wrong when analyzing. i don't think its big enough of any issue to not use 2.0 though. fuck that...using 1.9.2 is like using windows 95.
djpuma_gemini 8:41 PM - 15 June, 2010
You can still use 2.0, but I don't build overviews with 2.0
Polanka 9:22 PM - 15 June, 2010
Serato should partner up with this company!
djpuma_gemini 10:32 PM - 15 June, 2010
They used to be before Inklen was started.
DJ MDX 12:49 AM - 16 June, 2010
Quote:
...I bought both VideoSL and ME, and I don't regret either of those purchases. I think if you are serious about video work it is best to have a selection of tools at your disposal. Every system you use, every night you do, will be different...

+1 - I own both and use both as well depending on my need and situation.
djpuma_gemini 12:56 AM - 16 June, 2010
I use both too, but only use vsl when I forget to load up me and accidentally hit the video button in Sratchlive.

Ok, jokes aside, they are both good and if VSL would have a recording function I would probably not need me, but I do, so therefore I use ME
djbookz 9:42 PM - 16 June, 2010
can you assign batch ambient loops/graphics In ME? i hate assigning each and every mp3 a graphics one by one in VSL, its a a pain in the ass.
skinnyguy 9:52 PM - 16 June, 2010
can't remember, but you can have ME pick randomly from a clip bank for mp3 files.
skinnyguy 9:54 PM - 16 June, 2010
last night, i played a hawaiian song during background and it happened to pull a clip with surfing on it.

and later during dancing, i had a request for some old skool breakdance stuff so i played planet patrol and it pulled a clip with some breakdancing on it.

ME knows..... =P
phatbob 10:12 PM - 16 June, 2010
The clip bank is very useful, just load it up with generic stuff and off it goes, you don't even need to have the window onscreen. I wish it could hold a few more clips though, like at least 20...
djpuma_gemini 10:21 PM - 16 June, 2010
I gotta try that clip bank, I didn't want it to pull videos and have mouths movin all over the place.
mcmiked97 1:49 PM - 17 June, 2010
Just curious is ME better/worse than VSL in resource-intensiveness? In other words, does it perform better with lesser hardware?
Marine 7:28 AM - 18 June, 2010
What settings in the advance panel does everyone have. I'm noticing with Me the wave forms are a little choppy especially when scratching. I have a macbook pro 17 inch old syle 8600gt graphics card with 2.5 ghz intel core 2 duo, any suggestions Thanks in advance
djdaddydog 1:12 PM - 18 June, 2010
i got my display quality about 80% and my cache @ 2gb. it only slows down when i put heavy effects on both turntables and transition. i have 2.4ghz 1st gen unibody
Funkytownstopsix 5:04 PM - 18 June, 2010
ok I tried demo last night how do you guys keep Me on top of slv anytime i click on anything it goes away. Another thing am I correct that I have to choose VSL in order for effect to work with 57 that was the only way I got it to work... At work can't get to the fourms or I would be there.... the picture did not look as good to me but that might just be the big ass demo on the screen. any other tips please tell...
djpuma_gemini 5:44 PM - 18 June, 2010
the thumbtack on the righthand bottom corner.

I had the same issue twice until I remembered.
djdaddydog 6:30 PM - 18 June, 2010
yeah what puma said, also there's a setting to disable conflicting shortcut keys between ME & VSL
tomatoslice 5:25 AM - 19 June, 2010
the effects are on a tab in the ME control window.

we should probably make a lil screenshot that explains what everything is and does. the stuff can be a bit deep.
Dj Ace 5:56 AM - 19 June, 2010
Mix Emergency sound really tight! but i really do trust the serato guys (especially Nathan) Video SL may be behind ME in terms of features at this point but i really think VSL is about to take off. I may be wrong but ONE reason ME has advantages over VSL is to the fact that ME is MAC only. Programming for one platform (especially the MAC's) makes a BIG difference. One thing I have not heard many people discussing is the way the internal and (external using the 57sl) audio effects affect the video the feature is really tight especially using filters and flangers! If you already have VSL and need the recording feature only on a MAC Screenflow does a great job for now and is really useful program. if you $@#% money then get both cant go wrong! Patience guys VSL is going to be rediculous especially when/if merged with the bridge
phatbob 9:29 AM - 19 June, 2010
That may be true Ace, but reading the forums I kinda get the feeling that VideoSL is 'effectively' mac only anyway... If you don't want to spend your whole life tweaking your computer! ;-)
tomatoslice 2:11 PM - 19 June, 2010
Quote:
... at this point but i really think VSL is about to take off. ...

yea, when? when will it take off? the next release?
as far as i can tell serato is increasingly putting out broken products. they are getting waaaay toooo ahead of themselves. ME has been better since it's first release, keeps getting better AND works. serato has a loooong way to go to catch up and have items to fix before they should look at new features.
i will believe it when i see it.
but hey, if VSL does come out better i WILL go back.

Quote:
... One thing I have not heard many people discussing is the way the internal and (external using the 57sl) audio effects affect the video the feature is really tight ...

it does have the ability to link effects to audio but i don't use effects so i don't know how well it works. the way effects work in velocity and bass is very different than VSL, you don't just have a knob that controls depth.
Henry GQ 4:08 PM - 19 June, 2010
i agree with mr slice.

it seems like something happened at serato. whether some employees left...
or their focus isnt on being stable anymore... they might feel like they are falling behind other dvs systems... i dunno.
but ME is crackin!
and vsk needs to step it up, only reason why i been choosing vsl over my ME latel is because of the txt thingy and the fact that u can hit the spacebar and it gives u more library room.
but ME fixed all that with 1.5
im still a little iffy with the way ME hides itself when u want more room. but whatever, they might work on that
skinnyguy 7:07 PM - 19 June, 2010
gotta admit, that's the one thing vsl has over me. linking vid fx to audio fx like echo and flange.
Funkytownstopsix 6:03 PM - 20 June, 2010
Just got my ME.... new effects make me feel brand new. I will try and use it tonight at a gig. I have not read a damn thing but I am sure I can get up and going. I wish I knew an easier way to turn off effects... I think I will have to use a midi for that. Any tips I can use tonight anyone.....
Dj Nyce 10:26 PM - 20 June, 2010
effects in ssl and me is so much easier with a midi controller.

tips
throw some video loops or some qtz's in the media panle and any songs you play tonite will get a random one.

feel free to turn off any of the windows and move the ones you need where ever you like them best. i only use the mix emergency and control windows. i'll toggle effects on and off. it is alot easier to setup effect presets.

also try some effects using manual, velocity or bass for parameter 1.
djpuma_gemini 11:11 PM - 20 June, 2010
*ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS ISSUE*

I recorded my full set from saturday and it was 3.5 hours long,

The weird thing is my audio stopped recording at about 1.5 hours or so, but the video went on.

I rendered to mov from 1hour to 2 hours and the video is there, but audio cuts out.
Anyone record a set longer than 1.5 hours with ME1.5 and have same issue.
Dj Nyce 11:45 PM - 20 June, 2010
definitely post on the me forum. the longest set i've recorded was about 1.2 horas
Millz 12:21 AM - 21 June, 2010
I will agree that some more focus needs to be placed on VSL. Im super disappointed in the slow to none responses to a few of us beta testers who found bugs over the past few months. :(
Funkytownstopsix 6:30 PM - 21 June, 2010
@ Dj Nyce, I wish i would have read that before I set up last night...I had that problem and it sucked.. all kinds of shit was going wrong but hey that's what I get for trying to use it at a gig right after buying it the same damn day... Let me say I should have brought it a long time ago all the effects made for better veiwng and more fun for me. I have yet to record..but can't wait to do a sample to compair to screenflow. On my way to Vegas in the morning so that will have to wait.. Thanks guys....

BTW,,,,Millz and Dogdaddy keep up the good work on your edits.. I have many Millz edits..... with that JACK MIllz the big dog.....LOL WTF....DMX gota love.... Dogdaddy can you teach me how to scratch.....you got skills boy.... can you do that on a cdj 1000 if so put on up on youtube.
IRONIC 7:55 PM - 21 June, 2010
Quote:

i71.photobucket.com[/quote

now thats perfect!!!!!!
Millz 12:17 AM - 22 June, 2010
thank u funkytownstopsix. thats actually dj class doin the drop, but yea he def sounds like dmx in that drop
Henry GQ 2:42 AM - 22 June, 2010
he sounds like my drunk uncle

womp womp
djpuma_gemini 4:15 AM - 22 June, 2010
what it do.
Joshua Carl 7:35 PM - 23 June, 2010
subscribed.
(hint hint)
djaction 7:51 PM - 23 June, 2010
dumb question but do the 57 audio effects work on videos w/ ME? like echo out / roll etc?
skinnyguy 8:33 PM - 23 June, 2010
echo out, no. roll, maybe...? haven't tried it yet...
Funkytownstopsix 11:23 PM - 25 June, 2010
Ok now that I have ME I can safely say it was a good investment. Yet I did have a few problems. If I had audio that was linked to video in VSL then the media would not auto load the predefined videos from the media bank, which just put a black screen up.... This was a pain and really still is I just have to get use to the new program Transitions are kinda like auto mix until you move it all the way over it does not complete the transition to like half a second. Gota get use to that. I have yet to record because when I looked at the fact that I cant add markers or add video inside of the video I was like fuck it. Screen-Flow excels in that area so much you can do before the video is converted add text and whatever. I know about the quality but not an issue unless I was doing a demo for some major person or club then I would use ME for that. So as of now I use me for effects and use Screenflow to record,,,,, I recommend both....
Joshua Carl 12:09 AM - 26 June, 2010
Quote:
Transitions are kinda like auto mix until you move it all the way over it does not complete the transition to like half a second. Gota get use to that.

so does that mean they dont have, or its a really delayed "scratch" transition?

IE, doing cuts with videos that mirror your fader.
DJ WyTE 1:18 AM - 26 June, 2010
SICK... Yeah i'm getting it this week for sure. DJ Daddy Dogs layout is sick so ima shoot for that. thanks to phatbob & everyone here for selling me on ME lol
djpuma_gemini 3:11 AM - 26 June, 2010
One awesome plus about recording with ME.

For my demos I spin on my mac pro (renders faster ME 1.4 at least)
I don't even have a secondary screen opened. I have just my serato and me on my screen and it will record either way.

This is great for making demos at home and you don't have a spare tv or something near your setup.
DJ WyTE 10:38 AM - 26 June, 2010
awesome..
Funkytownstopsix 1:19 PM - 26 June, 2010
@ JC they really don't mirror your fader at least not on mine on vsl the transition goes with fader so u have complete control. Not d case in ME u control to a point and it does the rest. I hope that makes sense!
tomatoslice 4:32 PM - 26 June, 2010
Quote:
... they really don't mirror your fader at least not on mine on vsl the transition goes with fader so u have complete control. Not d case in ME u control to a point and it does the rest. I hope that makes sense!

the crossfader is mirrored for mine. it's mirrored perfectly actualy
you must be in one of those other crossfader configurations. there are a couple of them. you may want to check that the proper items are linked.
it took me a bit of testing o find the config i like.
if you need a will post my setup. i probably will anyway, i've modded it.

i have no idea why your linked video to audio isn't woking. mine is fine.
it's actually better than vsl's.
ooooh, i bet i know....somewhere in preferences there is a setting for just audio tracks. i don't remember what it is but there are a few options like leaving the previous video up or auto loading one from the media bank. there may be another setting you need to turn on.

as far as the media bank is concerned , it is a lil silly that when you load a vid that it looks blank. what you have to do is screenshot it and that is what appears in the bank.
Ddog probably knows it, he uses the media bank more than i.
although, since i just remember that ME will auto load something from the media bank i will definitely use it tonight.

this program takes some getting used to.
it's not that it's hard to figure out, it's just that there is sooo much to it.
tomatoslice 4:33 PM - 26 June, 2010
Quote:
i have no idea why your linked video to audio isn't woking. mine is fine.
it's actually better than vsl's.

that's suppose to mean that the crossfader mirror is better than vsl
Funkytownstopsix 4:45 PM - 26 June, 2010
take iris worp when I use it I would like that transition to go slow with my movements on the fader but as soon as I side a quarter of the way it finishes the transition for me. So yes show me your set up.. Problem there is not much documentation on the program.... like it said you could save your text and what not so you don have to keep typing them. I don't see where to do that. I have to type whatever every time and they dont give two lines like in VSL... not tripping though it is way much better than VSL effects alone. as a matter of fact I only use it for now.
Funkytownstopsix 4:48 PM - 26 June, 2010
oh and as far as linked vids in VSL not playing in ME.... well the media bank only works with songs that don't have linked vids... but linked vids don't so i will play with it in a few as I have a gig tonight and I want it to work flawless.
djpuma_gemini 5:01 PM - 26 June, 2010
mine doesn't finish for me. There are times when I thought I had the fader all the way over and i look up at the screen and it's either small, in a group of 4 or whatever other transition I might have been in. ME has never finished my transitions for me.
skinnyguy 7:11 PM - 26 June, 2010
if you wanna link specific clips to specific mp3's, you have to do that in ME. remember, it's NOT vsl so it doesn't read vsl info. it reads ME info.
Funkytownstopsix 7:14 PM - 26 June, 2010
I should say not equivalent for the fader it should be more control share your settings. I have to take it all the way to make it change complete but not as much control over transition in IMO... Look at maybe your just use to it but mid way works fine half of mid way ok the rest no control.... besides completing the by moving fader all the way to right or left.
Funkytownstopsix 7:18 PM - 26 June, 2010
Quote:
if you wanna link specific clips to specific mp3's, you have to do that in ME. remember, it's NOT vsl so it doesn't read vsl info. it reads ME info.

no i dont want to do that, the media clip thing is fine with me like you said since it's not vsl then it should just load from media clip but it does not when the song has been tagged to a video in vsl. to me it should not recognize that I linked in VSL and the media should just load auto...
phatbob 8:15 PM - 26 June, 2010
ME will always load a video which has been attatched to an audio file in VSL by default, as I believe it should do.

If I have attached a file in serato it stands to reason I would also want it to load in ME, surely?

Should you want to override that on a one-off basis you can drag the video to the ME preview...
Funkytownstopsix 8:21 PM - 26 June, 2010
no override i want it to load the video and if it doesn't then take it from media bank. I fast mix also the vids don't load as fast as vsl... Yet in still I haven't used vsl since I had it. just don't fast mix anymore.
Funkytownstopsix 8:21 PM - 26 June, 2010
what i dont want is a black ass screen...
Funkytownstopsix 8:25 PM - 26 June, 2010
got the fader issue fixed.....Ahhhhh hell yeah...
Dj Detox 3:57 AM - 28 June, 2010
Is there a program like this avalible for pc?
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:32 PM - 28 June, 2010
Quote:
Is there a program like this avalible for pc?

VSL
Funkytownstopsix 2:42 PM - 28 June, 2010
No ME will most likely not be made for PC... Even though they say they are working on it. So VSL is your only option not a very good one but hey you gota work with what you gota work with. I think I am going to buy another MAC it just makes things so much eaiser.
Henry GQ 3:12 PM - 28 June, 2010
i hope they dont mke it for pc. u wanna be better. buy a mac.
Joshua Carl 5:23 PM - 28 June, 2010
Quote:
i hope they dont mke it for pc. u wanna be better. buy a mac.

right, cause lord knows your skills arent gonna get u there!

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha
djpuma_gemini 5:31 PM - 28 June, 2010
they won't ever make it for pc.
Henry GQ 9:57 PM - 28 June, 2010
:(
djpuma_gemini 1:50 AM - 29 June, 2010
just hackintosh a pc and you won't have to purchase a mac
tomatoslice 4:41 AM - 29 June, 2010
Everyone agrees with me that I am the most creative person they know. My MacBook Pro allows me to express my creativity by letting everyone know that I own a MacBook Pro. People sometimes ask "Is that a MacBook Pro?" to which I reply, "Yes it is, because I am creative"
djpuma_gemini 5:31 AM - 29 June, 2010
haha
phatbob 9:12 AM - 29 June, 2010
We all love mac vs windows debates but ultimately being mac only lets ME be very tightly coded for a very specific set of machines. I would guess that VSL would be infinitely improved if they weren't trying to cover two platforms.
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:21 PM - 29 June, 2010
Quote:
We all love mac vs windows debates but ultimately being mac only lets ME be very tightly coded for a very specific set of machines. I would guess that VSL would be infinitely improved if they weren't trying to cover two platforms.

+100
Funkytownstopsix 2:50 PM - 29 June, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

+100

+1000.......

If you Haven't figured it out that is why you only see these programs working flawlessly on mac's. Yet that is not the issue, SLV claims to work on PC's with certain specs and it does not. I took like a year and some change for them to change their statements on the subject. But I brought it when it first came out and it never really worked well on pc for me until I brought my HP. Now with the updates it does not work nearly as well.... So I brought a mac and am thinking about buying another Mac. No guess work involved if it's going to work because it will..... Trust and believe when I say I am a PC guy to the end but hell I don't fight senseless wars anymore I only want what works and right now that's a MAC,ME,Screenflow and VSL. All which work on the MAC platform only and flawlessly at that... I am held hostage by Mac until something happens on the PC side..
Joshua Carl 5:26 PM - 29 June, 2010
i just dont want to lug this tank anymore...and I want ME + FCP.

if I could have this unit, in the size of a MBP Id stick with it.
tomatoslice 5:28 PM - 29 June, 2010
i have a mac...frankly, because windows pisses me off.

pc, for me, is only useful for gaming and fast video edits.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:27 PM - 29 June, 2010
I purchased ME last thurs and love it. Awsome senarios with it occured fri night. It was early in the night and i was goofin off playing some old fun stuff for the shot girls. Before ME i kinda stayed away from playing tracks with no associated video because it was annoying to load the track switch crates find a visual switch back find my next track while EQin beatmatching ect ect, so i have ME set to load a random vid from my samples and i jokingly start playing thong song.....ME randomly picked a clip of snookie from jersay shore dancing and as soon as the hook came in "let me see that thoooong" i look at th screen and its snookie doing flips with her dress over her head exposin her undys......CLASSIC good job ME
DJ TURN SIGNAL 11:34 PM - 29 June, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com javascript:void(0);

Pure Dopeness.

Sick ish bro
DJMark 3:07 AM - 30 June, 2010
One new thing I'm really happy to have in ME 1.5 is delay compensation. Great for screens and/or distribution systems that have latency.
DJ TURN SIGNAL 4:23 PM - 30 June, 2010
what is delayed compensation?

Is ME 1.5 the program peolpe are talking about that does not hog up your processor. Thx DJs
DouggyFresh 5:39 PM - 30 June, 2010
Quote:
what is delayed compensation?

That's when the bar puts you on the payroll and you have to pick up your checks every two weeks. Just kidding. Delay compensation is when the screens have a delay (due to signal processing/conversion/cable length) it allows you to adjust the video delay so that it will actually be a couple frames ahead of the audio playing and the video will be synced well. I've been a VSL user for about 7 months, but now I have Mac OS I'm going to switch to ME - I have tons of audio only tracks and I totally love the automatic video assignment (which for now is just my logo). Seems to use less processor power as well, and the recording feature seems like a big plus.
DJ TURN SIGNAL 7:02 PM - 30 June, 2010
thats funny. I have have been hearing about this auto assigning. I hope VL will have it soon. Thx for the explaination. Makes sence and is a big plus since video is different then audio. I think I will use EM just to record my sets and still rock the 1200 turn tables.
Funkytownstopsix 7:18 PM - 30 June, 2010
anybody ever rocked ME without vsl if so how did you do it... Drop and drag...?
skinnyguy 9:16 PM - 30 June, 2010
yep...but i usually drag first, then drop.
Funkytownstopsix 9:51 PM - 30 June, 2010
:) lol
tomatoslice 4:04 PM - 1 July, 2010
just got reminded of another reason i don't use vsl.

for one reason or another a few of my videos are rendered in such away that they don't play in vsl. it just shows a blank screen.

in ME the video shows up fine.
popnwave 4:57 PM - 1 July, 2010
I picked up ME 1.5 finally, very nice addition to the SSL setup I've been working on. I think I am going to have to use some of the overlays as a crutch until my video back catalog can get caught up and being able to at least do album artwork + some visualization is a big plus.
DJ TURN SIGNAL 11:04 PM - 2 July, 2010
Can you make Dvd menus with ME? so when put my demo in it will have optins and sound for a menu just like everything else?

And is ther a demo?
skinnyguy 12:51 AM - 3 July, 2010
no

yes
DJ TURN SIGNAL 2:55 AM - 7 July, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com javascript:void(0);

Pure Dopeness.

Sick ish bro

What was the ram or specs on the computer that made this vid and recorded on it on the same computer. I have a MBP and am looking to get a new one. thx djs
phatbob 9:58 AM - 7 July, 2010
Because ME only records your actions, and audio, recording with it puts very little stress on your laptop, DJ Turn Signal. I am able to record comfortably on my 1st gen CD MBP, although you really should have at least a C2D and 4gb of ram however you do video.
Prinzipal DEEJAY 7:00 AM - 20 July, 2010
help !

I´m trying to by MixEmergency, but i can´t reach the www.inklen.com
website since the last 2 days !
Is it down or just not reachable from europe ?
can someone please test this ?
or just give me another link where to buy !
thanx
Dj-Pyro 7:42 AM - 20 July, 2010
Site is down for me too.
phatbob 8:18 AM - 20 July, 2010
Don't worry guys @inklen tweeted this about 25mins ago:

"Server migration appears to be taking longer than expected.... our website should be back up again soon."
Millz 4:23 PM - 20 July, 2010
Im having an issue with mapping. X fader worked fine, then I tried to map some transitions...so now when I move the x fader to the left it defaults to "dissolve" anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? :)
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:43 PM - 20 July, 2010
i havent been able to map anything to the fader, ive been having to map the auto fade button and hit that to fade
DJSIXX 7:14 PM - 20 July, 2010
ive bought ME since Jan 09. didn't even own a 57 yet. couple months later i finally bought a 57 on ebay and the seller even threw in a VSL plugin. To this day, i have still never entered that VSL registration code.! lol.
Dj Ace 7:46 PM - 20 July, 2010
hey dj sixx e-mail it to me...
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:50 PM - 20 July, 2010
lol
dj vegas 9:31 PM - 20 July, 2010
anyone use the 68 on it? do you still have to map the faders?
tomatoslice 8:48 AM - 21 July, 2010
Quote:
Im having an issue with mapping. X fader worked fine, then I tried to map some transitions...so now when I move the x fader to the left it defaults to "dissolve" anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? :)

that's strange, i am going to assume you aren't using a 57 then because i have not had this problem.
Funkytownstopsix 11:54 AM - 21 July, 2010
Can someone tell me why the videos exported from ME 1.5 will not stream... is there something special I should do. I set them up to steam but in my player it will not play until completely downloaded. MOV or MP4 makes no difference they will not stream if I made in ME. check the link www.vdjbig.com now if I was using screen flow the vid would stream as a matter of fact any vid would stream in this player all except the ones I make with ME... can someone on give me some direction. FYI the vid is showing the effects that u have in ME while using fader left to right.......
Funkytownstopsix 11:57 AM - 21 July, 2010
its suppose to stream like this vdjbig.com but it does not... this is a vid made with screen flow.. Damn ME exports will not stream.....and it's pissing me off and the site has been down so cant go online and ask themmmmmm.....
nik39 12:32 PM - 21 July, 2010
Quote:
and it's pissing me off

Ever thought of the possibility that this is a user fault? Most likely you have chosen the wrong export format.
Funkytownstopsix 1:08 PM - 21 July, 2010
Come on nik39 as the user why you think I am asking.... it could be but really I use same export settings for all my vids. I only have this issue with exported ME videos they play fine and look good but just don't stream. True this is the first video I recorded with ME and exported but I have tried diffrent containers and diffrent settings all of which did not work. It's narrowed down to ME becasue any other vid I use will stream. So I made sure to take the time to set it up for streaming on each of the exports h.264 in mp4 or mov container. As a matter of fact I have tried for 3 days before I posted this. SO Yes it could be user error if so where could the error be. FYI I use the same settings as I do in screenflow, handbrake, Super C, Media Coder... and many other converters that I use... What I will do when I get home is use screen flow to make a vid to show exactaly how I export then you can tell me what I am doing wrong...if anything.
Dj Nyce 2:04 PM - 21 July, 2010
Quote:
Can someone tell me why the videos exported from ME 1.5 will not stream... is there something special I should do. I set them up to steam but in my player it will not play until completely downloaded. MOV or MP4 makes no difference they will not stream if I made in ME. check the link www.vdjbig.com now if I was using screen flow the vid would stream as a matter of fact any vid would stream in this player all except the ones I make with ME... can someone on give me some direction. FYI the vid is showing the effects that u have in ME while using fader left to right.......

i see what you mean. the first vid appears to stream, but it just pre-loads indefinitely and never actually plays. the second plays within seconds (and loads in the background).

i'll upload something from me and see what happens.
Funkytownstopsix 2:21 PM - 21 July, 2010
Thanks Nyce.... the video will play when it completely downloads to your computer..if you wait long enough that is. If you get yours to stream send me your settings so I can try when I get home.. I emailed the ME staff ,,,,,the site came back up this morning I am waiting for them to get back at me. Jwplayer plays just about anything.....so I just don know what I could be doing wrong.
Millz 3:01 PM - 21 July, 2010
djm2000.
DJ Dub Cowboy 4:41 PM - 21 July, 2010
I wish Serato would buy out ME.
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:05 PM - 21 July, 2010
why??
Funkytownstopsix 5:21 PM - 21 July, 2010
Quote:

They don't have to do that all they have to do is implement recording of video and add better effects and there would be no need for ME. My bad the for those who didn't buy the Proprietary Equipment i.e the ttm57 sl boxes to run SLV there is a great need. As I see it not worth buying them out because at least 80 percent if not more of the people own the preparatory equipment anyway. Most have ME because it records with no strain to your computer and the rest have it for effects. You gota love the little giant in this case (ME) they are making money off of someone else software the data base part anyway. If ME came up with their own database to add songs the Serato would have a problem... then they would by them out. Food for thought.
Funkytownstopsix 5:28 PM - 21 July, 2010
I am glad ME is out and kicking it keeps people on their toes which means we get better tools.... One thing is for sure as far as video that got that part on lock talking about ME.
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:33 PM - 21 July, 2010
Quote:
why??

I would love some of the ME features in the Native VSL Plug-In. Some of them been requested in VSL from the early days. I can only think that VSL would be further along if it was Mac only too.
Dj Nyce 5:34 PM - 21 July, 2010
i now realize that me as another player is a good thing for everybody. i just hope that ssl doesn't change something in the future that will render ME incompatible.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:39 PM - 21 July, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
why??

I can only think that VSL would be further along if it was Mac only too.

exactly, thats why i like it being a seperate entity
Funkytownstopsix 1:23 AM - 22 July, 2010
ok all you experts tell me whats the deal....When I export vids in ME they don't stream they do a complete download before they play.......Here's is a vid of what I did. Not sure about key frames so I did not bother... other than that it is standard for everything else... www.vdjbig.com i used the the old link to drop this vid just to be sure I could steam and nothing wrong with server or player works fine as you can see....

This is what I am getting with exported ME video www.vdjbig.com
nik39 1:37 AM - 22 July, 2010
I thought you are going to compare this with the encoding details of a video from a different software which produces "correctly" streaming videos?
Funkytownstopsix 1:50 AM - 22 July, 2010
Naw that's for guys like you Nik I'm not savvy enough to compare in that rehelm... All I wanted was to be able to have my videos stream like they do always with other software. You said it might be a user issue so I posted what I did so you can tell me if I done wrong. Although I have been posting streaming vids for a while now I don't clam to know everything and honestly I think I am going crazy because it should stream.... So Nik from the vid did everything look correct on my end for it to stream. I recorded that with screenflow and uploaded it and as u can see it streamed
tomatoslice 3:46 AM - 22 July, 2010
Quote:

fuuuug noooo, i hope not.

you HAVE to know that the reason mixemer is better than vsl is quite simply because it is NOT owned by serato.
it is just that simple and that basic.

plus, one company creates lack of choice and lack of competition...stale.
and what if they put out a bad product? ur fkt.

every time me comes out it's better than the last, not true AT ALL with ssl and vsl...
if anything it should be the opposite, inklen should buy serato.
djpuma_gemini 4:44 AM - 22 July, 2010
the creator of me used to work for serato.
GRiNDBoX 6:23 AM - 22 July, 2010
well does ME consumes a lot of memory? i try it last night with this version 1.5 and my visuals aids are stuttering..i i use vsl its normal...:( plus my MBP is getting hot like from 60% to 70%
Funkytownstopsix 1:09 PM - 22 July, 2010
There is a problem here's what Nick from Inklen wrote me. FYI a very helpful dude, I say that because I emailed him from work and left before I got an answer so he came to the forums and found me and PM'ed me... Costumer Service to the max. He told me the fix will be in the next update but there is not time on that but he has sent me some stuff to fix my issue once I confirm it to work when I get home I will post a link for download to you all.... NIK39 not a user error... : )

Hey, not sure if you got my e-mail reply to your support request - we've been having some issues with our outgoing e-mail over the last few days.

Anyway, I've managed to reproduce the streaming issue, and it's something that I will need to look in to further before fixing it for MixEmergency 1.6.

In the meantime though, if you have QuickTime Pro (I'm not sure if this works with QuickTime X, but it may) you need to open the movie you exported from MixEmergency in QuickTime (assuming you exported it with the "Fast Start" option). Go to "Save As...." in the QuickTime menu. Save the video as a "Self-contained" movie.

This should flatten the movie and correctly enable the "fast start" internet streaming for the newly saved file.

Also, I noticed in your video that you were using 24kHz uncompressed audio. You would be better off (i.e. the file you need to upload should be smaller) if you were to use 44kHz with a compressed format, such as 160+ kbps AAC.

I hope this information helps.

If you have any further questions, just send me an e-mail to contact@inklen.com.

Regards,
Nick
Inklen
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:57 PM - 22 July, 2010
good info!!
nik39 2:44 PM - 22 July, 2010
Quote:
NIK39 not a user error... : )

My aplogies. I thought ME uses Quicktime to encode and therefor expected that it could not screw up. Looks like I was wrong ;)
Funkytownstopsix 4:07 PM - 22 July, 2010
Nik39 all the times you have been right you were due to be wrong one day : ) just dont make it a habbit. Aplogy is accpeted but not needed I thought same as you... : ) I thought because no one ever posted an issue about it, that it was me. Alos I thought surely by now if there was an issue it would have been known... Guess I am the only ME streamer around. Nik39 keep up the good work with scratchtools.....

FYI anyone use the DVInputStream.... That's where you can have a webcam as the output. I have to cams that work for me using it anyone know of a good usb cam that works well in dark lighiting. If you have not tried this it's pretty cool..
Millz 4:19 PM - 22 July, 2010
Deadmau5 gets beat up by Shapeshifters! www.facebook.com!/photo.php?pid=13719493&id=878655281

Jack Move!
Millz 4:19 PM - 22 July, 2010
eww link fail booo LoL
Millz 4:20 PM - 22 July, 2010
[url]www.sendspace.com[/url]
Millz 4:20 PM - 22 July, 2010
ugh a bug a boo wtf LLoLL happy happy
djpuma_gemini 4:34 PM - 22 July, 2010
WTF, you high MIllz?
Millz 4:40 PM - 22 July, 2010
No sir, drugs are bad, but that screenshot came from my mix of Shapeshifter's - Helter Skelter. I just think its hilarious
Funkytownstopsix 4:50 PM - 22 July, 2010
self promotion..... ya dig.....!!!!! Jack Millz the big DOG!!!!!!!
Millz 4:53 PM - 22 July, 2010
It def wasnt self promotion, I just dont understand how anyone in the DJ business could like Deadmau5 when he came right out and said F all DJs. And Shapeshifter's have been around a lot longer than Deadmizzle. Oldschool vs Newschool
Millz 4:53 PM - 22 July, 2010
but hey, thank u funkytownstopsix for the love :)
Funkytownstopsix 4:57 PM - 22 July, 2010
Millz you gota get a new one... something like this Jack Millz fuck Deadmau5 cause I'm the Big Dog...!!!! No really you need a new one....Maybe you can get Jay-Z to do it. Now tuned into the mutherfucking greatest Jack Milz the Big dog... LOL dont steal my shit...
Millz 5:01 PM - 22 July, 2010
haha thats actually dj class who did that drop. Soon enough I wont be doing any more mixes for YR, so itll RIP eventually soon
Henry GQ 3:50 AM - 23 July, 2010
jack millz r.i.p dawg.
Funkytownstopsix 4:02 AM - 23 July, 2010
Ok finally got my ME vid to stream... this is a one pass medium conversion which shows some of the effects that ME has... just look you will see why people buy ME... I like having as many tool for my trade that I can have....
www.vdjbig.com
djpuma_gemini 5:44 AM - 23 July, 2010
@big, no video just audio.
djpuma_gemini 5:45 AM - 23 July, 2010
nevermind, it was firefox.
Dj Nyce 12:49 PM - 23 July, 2010
Quote:
Ok finally got my ME vid to stream... this is a one pass medium conversion which shows some of the effects that ME has... just look you will see why people buy ME... I like having as many tool for my trade that I can have....
www.vdjbig.com

did you have to run your vid thru quicktime? i exported a test yesterday and it does the same thing (not stream).
Dj Nyce 12:53 PM - 23 July, 2010
also having effects parameters controlled by position, velocity or bass is amazing. i'll throw on the gloom effect and have it controlled by the bass. it looks dope.
Funkytownstopsix 1:43 PM - 23 July, 2010
Here use this.... www.inklen.com this will fix your problem... It will only work for .mov open the program and drag on to program(FlattenMovie) it will take a few seconds,,, then you should be able to stream the vid. Basically it rewrites something and forces the movie to stream. Also if your using jw player be sure to use acc. I uploaded the vids they would stream but with no sound because it did not recognize it.

As far as parameters I didn't use any,, that's another video,, maybe you could do it Nyce since you will be able to steam. I only use crossfader effects that alone sold me on using Me. Recording is also the bomb feature. My next video will be about the DVInputStream showing how it works and just how cool it is.
dj vegas 11:37 PM - 25 July, 2010
i just got it and love it!!! i mix with my up faders so to me it kicks ass!!! Random transitions are sick and being able to have auto load from preselected layover videos is awesome as well. Its a no brainer 1.5 is just the shit!
GRiNDBoX 3:28 AM - 26 July, 2010
for real josh..:)
DJCheLu 6:40 PM - 2 August, 2010
All right i dled the ME 1.5 demo and have been using it every 30 mins for two hours now LOL love the demo run out time.

Thing I really like:
Great text effects and ability to output to main window and change the color to pretty much anything.
The media bank is dope.
The transitions are are awesome and much better then VSL, the plugins options is great hopefully i can add Melt to the trans list.
Mixlaunch feature, I like the fact that it relaunches ME automatically, all though it would seem logical if ME crashed then SSL would probably be crashing too but im probably wrong.
The message window with error reporting letting me know that DJ Cutts video has bad keyframes :).

Things I cant figure out:
How do you assign the auto crossfade to left and right keyboard keys?
How do you make the random transition selection refresh automatically?
How do you use an image? Clicked everything but cant figure it out, is it drag and drop? Images and Text cant be saved for later?

Things I really like VSL has over ME:
Dual deck separate images.
Two text option.
No need for a separate midi controller to control parameters on my 57.

Both have the stuttering text scroll problem.
Joshua Carl 7:19 PM - 2 August, 2010
I might be alone here...
but am I the only one who might find the media bank useless?

on vsl, if I have to play a audio with no video (which MAYBE happens once a month)
I have a crate labeled (stock).
these are all videos that have zero relevance to anything.
Fatboy slim- right here right now - gangster tripping;
ya know... all those random edm videos.

I suppose if your still builing a collection and are missing that many videos
that something like that is ideal.
but for anyone who has a been at it for a while...how often would you use that
over the simple drag and drop in VSL?

dont get me wrong, the day I get my MBP, Im buying this too.
I just dont understand why so many people are on about the media bank?
skinnyguy 7:20 PM - 2 August, 2010
random transitions change each time a new file is loaded to a deck

i believe loading an image is drag n drop, if i remember right...

nope. just last file used.

stuttering text isn't a problem. it's a feature. =P
skinnyguy 7:21 PM - 2 August, 2010
with the media bank, you don't have to drag n drop anymore. one less step for lazy asses.
Funkytownstopsix 7:26 PM - 2 August, 2010
Quote:
I might be alone here...

well it's helpful if you don't have all your audio linked to your videos... it has saved me a few times as I go so fast loading acapellas and insturmentals which are not linked as I do that on the fly....... I think the album art feature is better than the media bank.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:56 PM - 2 August, 2010
Quote:
I might be alone here...

on vsl, if I have to play a audio with no video (which MAYBE happens once a month)
I have a crate labeled (stock).
these are all videos that have zero relevance to anything.
Fatboy slim- right here right now - gangster tripping;
ya know... all those random edm videos.

I suppose if your still builing a collection and are missing that many videos
that something like that is ideal.
but for anyone who has a been at it for a while...how often would you use that
over the simple drag and drop in VSL?

dont get me wrong, the day I get my MBP, Im buying this too.
I just dont understand why so many people are on about the media bank?

Thats the feature that made me buy ME, its a life saver. Im in several audio only pools and play alot of breakbeat\house\electro or remixed stuff that dosent have video so with VSL i would have to load the audio, switch crates, find a visual, load the visual, go back to the original crate adn start looking for the next track while beatmatching.....with ME i just load the song and no matter what a song loads
Dj-Pyro 9:45 PM - 2 August, 2010
Yeah, if only you could have more vidz in the bank...
Joshua Carl 9:51 PM - 2 August, 2010
whats the limit?
djpuma_gemini 11:44 PM - 2 August, 2010
8 I think.
Dj-Pyro 11:54 PM - 2 August, 2010
its 12
dj vegas 12:35 AM - 3 August, 2010
my bank wont auto load and i have it set in the settings either way its still dope as shit!!!!
GRiNDBoX 2:49 AM - 3 August, 2010
How do you make the random transition selection refresh automatically?

well in the transition effects try to find the bottom one i think there is a random load..in there everytime you mix it automatically loads different transitions per mix..:)
DJCheLu 3:06 AM - 3 August, 2010
^^thank you sir, i was just running through all the transitions on the same song. Didnt realize it was just waiting for me to actually mix lol. Read the manual and still didnt see a way to assign the auto transition to a keyboard key.
GRiNDBoX 3:25 AM - 3 August, 2010
No problem..

Cheers
djClint
DjXmarc 11:16 PM - 9 August, 2010
can i ask u guys sumthing....has any one found a way to map the buttons on the TTM57 with ME.....like how it works with VSL???
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:45 PM - 10 August, 2010
Quote:
can i ask u guys sumthing....has any one found a way to map the buttons on the TTM57 with ME.....like how it works with VSL???

Also does anyone know if theres a fix for the fader.....i have a Korg Kontrol and the slider works with the fader of VSL but i cant seem to get it to control the fader on ME...anyone know if im doing something wrong or if its just not compatible
nik39 2:00 PM - 10 August, 2010
Quote:
i cant seem to get it to control the fader on ME

Map the fader in ME. Easy. :)
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:49 PM - 10 August, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
i cant seem to get it to control the fader on ME

Map the fader in ME. Easy. :)

not so, i click on the ME fader and see the MIDI mapping menu come up, i then move the KontrolPaf Fader and it dosent change the value or move the fader on ME. All my buttons and menus map fine but the fader wont map
Marine 7:15 PM - 10 August, 2010
Whenever I set the transitions to random in ME when I move the crossfader to the middle it cycles through all the plugins I have checked is there a way for the random function to only switch plugins when crossfader is moved all the way to the other side?
Dj Nyce 7:52 PM - 10 August, 2010
Quote:
Whenever I set the transitions to random in ME when I move the crossfader to the middle it cycles through all the plugins I have checked is there a way for the random function to only switch plugins when crossfader is moved all the way to the other side?

the random function is either on or off. you cannot fine tune any of its settings. try setting 'contour min ME to use your mixer. then adust your mixers contour. that might help.
nik39 8:08 PM - 10 August, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

the random function is either on or off. you cannot fine tune any of its settings. try setting 'contour min ME to use your mixer. then adust your mixers contour. that might help.

Yeah, but ME should only switch the random transition if you load a new video, right?
Marine 8:17 PM - 10 August, 2010
Its switching through all my transitions without loading a new video. I don't understand why. As soon as I move my crossfader over it starts cycling through all the transitions
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:25 PM - 10 August, 2010
you prob have it midi mapped to the transitions and not the fader
nik39 8:26 PM - 10 August, 2010
That's what I assume too.
Marine 8:27 PM - 10 August, 2010
I'll check thanks for the input
mantronics 12:08 AM - 16 August, 2010
just got ME and loving it...guess i should have done my homework better before buying vsl.......oh well ....
Grumpy 12:52 AM - 16 August, 2010
Quote:
Read the manual and still didnt see a way to assign the auto transition to a keyboard key.

Me too. Can anyone please explain how to assign a hot key to the auto-fade???
DJCheLu 6:31 AM - 19 August, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Read the manual and still didnt see a way to assign the auto transition to a keyboard key.

I figured it out today using the demo. Man i really like some of the features ME has i may be turning to it once i pick up some cash.

To assign it to a hot key go to mix emergency preferences under the transitions tab in the autofade box. You can assign a single keyboard button to it. It took me a few minutes to get used to pushing just one button instead of left or right like i do in vsl.
DJMark 10:14 AM - 19 August, 2010
Quote:
I love the enhancements to recording and it is A LOT faster than it was before - I also like the fact if you have FCS or others, you can also use its Pro Res and others available to you.

I missed reading this till now....you're really playing ProRes files at DJ gigs? If so, just curious about why...
Funkytownstopsix 1:16 PM - 19 August, 2010
[quoteI missed reading this till now....you're really playing ProRes files at DJ gigs? If so, just curious about why...

I think he means its easy to edit bring it into Final Cut Pro as you don't have to render the recording as it's a Pro Res File. Then you can edit and put it in any format you want pro res is to big to keep for gigs but the best thing to work with in Final Cut for me anyway.
djcsmv 6:40 PM - 19 September, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I figured it out today using the demo. Man i really like some of the features ME has i may be turning to it once i pick up some cash.

To assign it to a hot key go to mix emergency preferences under the transitions tab in the autofade box. You can assign a single keyboard button to it. It took me a few minutes to get used to pushing just one button instead of left or right like i do in vsl.

Today I figured out to assign the keyboard by using apple/command + key. SInce the left keys are already mac functions like copy and paste I went with comma since its right about the right command button.
popnwave 1:15 PM - 20 September, 2010
@djcsmv that's a pretty good compromise, i am going to trains myself to have my DJM-800 setup and the backup mode if I am mixing in the club w/o my midi ability. I might try using that combo too.
DJCheLu 7:22 PM - 21 September, 2010
Why is the recording of ME smooth like butter especially the text scrolling, but the output to the external has slightly jerky text scrolling?? Why cant that smoothness be transfered to the output? Just curious
Funkytownstopsix 7:37 PM - 21 September, 2010
I think becasue it layerd. If you ever noticed you can take all text out before you render as well as pictures. Mine is pretty smooth as far as text, my issue on my last recording is that it became out of sync for whatever reason.
DJMark 11:22 PM - 21 September, 2010
Also when you're recording, the rendering happens later and can take as long as it needs to be smooth (no dropped frames). In real-time, frames might need to be dropped due to resource limitations.
djchrischip 1:00 AM - 22 September, 2010
if serato doesn't perfect any of its existing programs im goin to b tight...
DJCheLu 4:07 AM - 22 September, 2010
Quote:
I think becasue it layerd. If you ever noticed you can take all text out before you render as well as pictures. Mine is pretty smooth as far as text, my issue on my last recording is that it became out of sync for whatever reason.

I reported a recording error, and sent the files to nick at ME. He found the what caused the error and is fixing it for the next version so maybe it will solve your out of sync problem too.
DjXmarc 5:19 PM - 22 September, 2010
okie guys so far using me was great but i have been have problems with the display after maybe around 45mins it get really lagged out on all the waves starts to lag like hell.....has anyone had this problem too??? serato
DJCheLu 5:35 PM - 22 September, 2010
SSL 2.0 waveforms lag really bad for me. I use 1.9.2 and it works great with ME :)
DjXmarc 5:38 PM - 22 September, 2010
Im on the 2.1 with the ttm 57 with a macbook 2008...and my god the wave is all over the place....but everything sound okie...the video is not lagging or the sound...just the waves....hmmmm and how nice if there was a way to use ME with all the buttons found on the 57....now im really regretting why i traded up my 57 from a DJM800
djpuma_gemini 10:38 PM - 22 September, 2010
SSL 1.9.2 + ME 1.5 = stable as a mofo.
Steve Dub. 8:46 PM - 23 September, 2010
FYI, I had an out of sync recording with ME too. Hope it was the same problem that he was fixing. He said it was probably an SSL dropout but I don't remember having a dropout and even if it did, it shouldn't affect the syncing.
Funkytownstopsix 3:59 AM - 24 September, 2010
well I am glad I was not the only one having that problem. I have been using my screenflow for my last to dvd's because it happened back to back with ME...
mcmiked97 7:32 PM - 24 September, 2010
Where do you guys normally pin the ME windows? I'm on a 15" MBP and it feels like the ME windows are in the way no matter where I try to place them
Funkytownstopsix 7:51 PM - 24 September, 2010
I resize and put it at the top in the middle.... way out of the way..
Dj Nyce 10:38 PM - 24 September, 2010
Quote:
Where do you guys normally pin the ME windows? I'm on a 15" MBP and it feels like the ME windows are in the way no matter where I try to place them

here is my setup...

www.flickr.com
djpuma_gemini 11:00 PM - 24 September, 2010
Here is mine, but that was showing off 2.0

I still use 1.9.2

djpumaproductions.com

I use the prepare window and leave it open so I can also drop tracks in there, but you can use any tab really (hardware, etc)
DJ-Phat-AL 11:04 PM - 24 September, 2010
what screen resolution is that?
Quote:
Here is mine, but that was showing off 2.0

I still use 1.9.2

djpumaproductions.com

I use the prepare window and leave it open so I can also drop tracks in there, but you can use any tab really (hardware, etc)

what screen resolution is that?
djpuma_gemini 12:10 AM - 25 September, 2010
17"
1920x1200
Funkytownstopsix 1:27 AM - 25 September, 2010
My set up.......www.vdjbig.com
jbnyc 5:29 AM - 25 September, 2010
interesting how some dj's have like a million crates and some like funkytown have like 10.
tomatoslice 5:36 AM - 25 September, 2010
there are a few posted. these are probably old by now.
many people just open effects, or history or hardware.

Quote:

phatbob's

twitpic.com
twitpic.com

Quote:

daddydog's

i71.photobucket.com

Quote:

tomatoslice's

i4.photobucket.com
this is still on 192.

Quote:

djmdx

www.facebook.com

jbnyc 7:05 AM - 25 September, 2010
Quote:
there are a few posted. these are probably old by now.
many people just open effects, or history or hardware.

Quote:

phatbob's

twitpic.com
twitpic.com

Quote:

daddydog's

i71.photobucket.com

Quote:

tomatoslice's

i4.photobucket.com
this is still on 192.

Quote:

djmdx

www.facebook.com

kool, you got 3 crates!! ;-) i hope your external HD wasnt connected hehe
tomatoslice 7:11 AM - 25 September, 2010
Quote:

kool, you got 3 crates!! ;-) i hope your external HD wasnt connected hehe

haha...no it was not
DouggyFresh 8:02 AM - 25 September, 2010
I do my whole set video/non video from 2 crates (depending on the night)
DJMark 8:39 AM - 25 September, 2010
All these people who leave key lock on...
tomatoslice 8:46 AM - 25 September, 2010
Quote:

i certainly DO...makes things waaay easier and songs don't sound as weird.
plus, i man handle my mixes and vinyl. you don't hear as much with key lock on.
deejay_buddha 9:28 AM - 25 September, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

i certainly DO...makes things waaay easier and songs don't sound as weird.
plus, i man handle my mixes and vinyl. you don't hear as much with key lock on.

+1 ..

There are VERY few instances where I use key lock ... I think I use it one mix per month ... MAYBE, then it's off after the mix in question is done lol. And I'm on 1200s as well...

Some people like it... some don't ... I was trained on records, so I can't stand the keylock 'sound' ... guess I'm just sensitive to it...
Sticky K 9:31 AM - 25 September, 2010
ME is sooo cool. Seriously considering getting a lic.

Is there a way to show picture-in-picture with ME? Or will I need to use another application to show \ record a webcam? Any recommendations?
Dj Nyce 1:02 PM - 25 September, 2010
Quote:
ME is sooo cool. Seriously considering getting a lic.

Is there a way to show picture-in-picture with ME? Or will I need to use another application to show \ record a webcam? Any recommendations?

you can't do picture in picture natively. you'll need to use pip or camtwist (although i can't seem to get camtwist to work right).

and if your on ustream, ustream producer can do pip
Dj Nyce 1:03 PM - 25 September, 2010
also you can load your webcam into one of the decks
jbnyc 3:16 PM - 25 September, 2010
Xcuse my ignorance....what does key lock do? Or what is it for?
Funkytownstopsix 5:34 PM - 25 September, 2010
Key lock helps so that the voice does not bend as much... turn it on and move pitch slider up and down max to lowest then do the same with it turned off turn it off u will notice the difference. The cdj1000s does it much better but not while using vsl it ain't work right.
popnwave 5:42 PM - 25 September, 2010
I keep key lock off as long as I am sticking to the -/+ 6% range. I kinda like the oddball digital effect you get when using greater %'s though.
Eduardo Serrano 7:35 PM - 26 September, 2010
Before I buy MixEmergency, how do I pair up Serato Scratch Live with MixEmergancy? Meaning, when I installed Video-SL, had the Vide-SL plug in available when I wnr to Setup/Plugins and then all I had to do was check off the Enable Video-SL Plugin check-box. Is it the same way with Mix Emergency?

I don't have any of the Rane mixers, will it work the same way Video-SL works with out the Rane mixers? Please advice.
Dj Nyce 7:47 PM - 26 September, 2010
it automatically works with ssl. you run me, there is an option for me to be conrolled by me or ssl. when its being controlled by ssl, there is green light, when there is is a problem its red.

vsl plugin does need to be installed although it doesn't need to be enabled. 
tomatoslice 7:58 PM - 26 September, 2010
Quote:
... it doesn't need to be enabled.

to load videos into the ssl library vsl does need to be "enabled" in the setup area. it just does not have to be running.
djpuma_gemini 8:07 PM - 26 September, 2010
I recorded a 3.5 hour set last night and the video is there, but no audio file.

what the hell is up with 1.5

last time I recorded a 3 hour set it got 1.5 hours of audio and just cut out, but the video kept going.
Eduardo Serrano 9:41 PM - 26 September, 2010
Quote:
to load videos into the ssl library vsl does need to be "enabled" in the setup area. it just does not have to be running.

So let me see if I understand...
1. I have to have Video-SL
2. Video-SL has to be installed
3. Video-SL has to be enabled (Setup/Plugins Tab/Video-SL plugin enabled = yes)
4. Video-SL do not have to be launched (via the Video-SL button on the user Interface)

Is this correct?
djpuma_gemini 9:57 PM - 26 September, 2010
1.video sl demo not purchased version
2. correct
3. correct
4. correct. don't hit video when getting setup it will open vsl and your shit will really slow down with both vsl and me running
Eduardo Serrano 10:23 PM - 26 September, 2010
Thank you DJPuma. I have purchased Video-SL few months ago, so I am guessing I can use it correct? it does not have to be the Demo version.

Now, another question, do I need to have any of the Rane mixers to run ME? I do have a Denon mixer and I can you the arrow keys on the Mac laptop to fade between videos, is that the same with ME?
DJ Dub Cowboy 11:03 PM - 26 September, 2010
I'm shook. I just did a 30 minute demo with ME. Wow!

One thing that bothered me was switching apps. With VSL it's always on screen but everytime I went to hit a cue point in SSL I would have to Apple-Tab to get back to ME. Is there a way to lock ME over SSL?
tomatoslice 11:48 PM - 26 September, 2010
Quote:
do I need to have any of the Rane mixers to run ME? I do have a Denon mixer and I can you the arrow keys on the Mac laptop to fade between videos, is that the same with ME?

you don't need a rane mixer.
you can create your own shortcut for the crossfade, i see no reason the arrow keys could not be used.

Quote:

One thing that bothered me was switching apps. With VSL it's always on screen but everytime I went to hit a cue point in SSL I would have to Apple-Tab to get back to ME. Is there a way to lock ME over SSL?

in the upper right hand corner of the ME preview there is a small "pin" symbol, left click it, it will turn blue and should lock.
Eduardo Serrano 11:56 PM - 26 September, 2010
Tomato - but how do I create the shortcuts so that ME will recognize? in Video-SL it si a check-box "User cursor keys to cross fade video" I don't see anything like that in ME.
DJMark 12:04 AM - 27 September, 2010
I personally found it best to use ME with a MIDI controller. I use an Akai LPD8 for the ME functions (along with a Denon DNHC-1000 for SSL)....works really well.
Eduardo Serrano 12:29 AM - 27 September, 2010
Thank you DJMark -

Guys, let me tell you why I am looking into ME as another option for VJing, let me know if you have the same issue with Video-SL. When I am streaming videos out (launch VSL) my Scratch Live waveforms become very very choppy, not smooth at all, a fellow DJ told me that he switched to ME becasue VSL taxes my mac pro greatly (takes too many resources from the mac), When I am not using VSL my waveforms run very smoothly.

I just installed ME (demo version) and I have the same issue (not as bad, but still), waveforms are not smooth in Scratch Live as when I am not running VSL or ME, any suggestons? Anyone has the same problem? It is a concern for me since I relay on the video aspect as the sound aspect to achieve a seamless mix/transition.

Please advice.
nik39 1:06 AM - 27 September, 2010
Your computer/gfx card may be too slow.
DJMark 1:07 AM - 27 September, 2010
You're using more computer resources with either VSL or ME being used. Therefore the waveforms may not be as smooth, because SSL (correctly, of course) is placing screen redraws at lower priority than audio playback.

You might try dialing down the screen-updates setting in SSL down from its default "60" setting down to 30. Depending on your computer's configuration, that might help smooth things out some. Also ME has its own "Update rate" settings for its preview windows that you could try setting to "medium" or "low".

And, or course, "your computer/gfx card may be too slow"...
DouggyFresh 1:09 AM - 27 September, 2010
Don''t forget you don't want to be RUNNING VSL just have it installed/enabled... VSL + ME at the same time would bring any computer down fast..
Eduardo Serrano 1:48 AM - 27 September, 2010
Quote:
Your computer/gfx card may be too slow.

nik39 - I have:
4 GB memory
500GB hard drive
8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
ExpressCard/34 slot
Built-in 8-hour battery
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT graphics processor; and NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory2
Graphics Memory: 12MB GDDR3
So, I dont think none of them are too slow.

Quote:
Don''t forget you don't want to be RUNNING VSL just have it installed/enabled... VSL + ME at the same time would bring any computer down fast..

DouggyFresh - Correct, I am not running VSL, only ME

Quote:
You might try dialing down the screen-updates setting in SSL down from its default "60" setting down to 30. Depending on your computer's configuration, that might help smooth things out some. Also ME has its own "Update rate" settings for its preview windows that you could try setting to "medium" or "low".

DJMark - I will try those settings.
tomatoslice 3:14 AM - 27 September, 2010
Quote:
Tomato - but how do I create the shortcuts so that ME will recognize? in Video-SL it si a check-box "User cursor keys to cross fade video" I don't see anything like that in ME.

mix emergency > preference > transitions
djpuma_gemini 3:49 AM - 27 September, 2010
dumb question.

how do you get the effects to work. I can open the panel, but can't get anything to show up
nik39 8:17 AM - 27 September, 2010
Quote:
4 GB memory
500GB hard drive
8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
ExpressCard/34 slot
Built-in 8-hour battery
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT graphics processor; and NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory2
Graphics Memory: 12MB GDDR3
So, I dont think none of them are too slow.

Do you know what you are talking about? ;) I think your ExpressCard is too slow. 64 is the standard, not 34. And 8-hour battery is too slow as well. Should be at least 16.
12MB Graphics Ram? That's too slow as well.

Make sure you are using the 9600M all the time (I think you can disable the 9400M).
nik39 8:17 AM - 27 September, 2010
Oh and the output size/quality has a dramatic effect. A doubled output resolution demands a 4times higher CPU/GPU power.
skinnyguy 11:12 AM - 27 September, 2010
the only time you need vsl enabled is when you first import a video file into the ssl library.

other than that, vsl does NOT have to be enabled to run ME.
Eduardo Serrano 5:33 PM - 27 September, 2010
Nik39 -

Quote:
Make sure you are using the 9600M all the time (I think you can disable the 9400M).

I am using 9600M GT all the time :)

Quote:
Oh and the output size/quality has a dramatic effect. A doubled output resolution demands a 4times higher CPU/GPU power.

What settings do you suggest for size/quality?
Eduardo Serrano 5:35 PM - 27 September, 2010
Skinnyguy -
Quote:
the only time you need vsl enabled is when you first import a video file into the ssl library. Other than that, vsl does NOT have to be enabled to run ME.

That is good to know, I thought VSL had to be enabled at all times.
DJCheLu 5:43 PM - 27 September, 2010
Quote:
the only time you need vsl enabled is when you first import a video file into the ssl library.

other than that, vsl does NOT have to be enabled to run ME.

I dont believe this is true if you use itunes for your playlists. If the VSL plug in is not enabled all the videos in your itunes playlists will not show up. I use itunes for my playlists so my VSL always need to be enabled.
Eduardo Serrano 6:16 PM - 27 September, 2010
DJCheLu -
Quote:
I dont believe this is true if you use itunes for your playlists. If the VSL plug in is not enabled all the videos in your itunes playlists will not show up. I use itunes for my playlists so my VSL always need to be enabled.

I don's use iTunes for my videos. I will give it a try tonight and see what happens.
Funkytownstopsix 7:38 PM - 27 September, 2010
If I recall correctly It must be checked in order for VSL to see videos just don't run it... having it checked wont hurt anyway...
Funkytownstopsix 7:42 PM - 27 September, 2010
FYI I dont use I tunes and I think that was the first problem I had when using ME. VSL wont reconize any videos until it's enabled... I'm pretty sure of that. My frist party I did with ME I didnt have it checked and for the life of me didnt know why it didnt work so I just used VSL.
Eduardo Serrano 8:20 PM - 27 September, 2010
Quote:
FYI I dont use I tunes and I think that was the first problem I had when using ME. VSL wont reconize any videos until it's enabled... I'm pretty sure of that. My frist party I did with ME I didnt have it checked and for the life of me didnt know why it didnt work so I just used VSL.

Thank you funkyTown, I will test all that today and I will post my results on here.
skinnyguy 8:29 PM - 27 September, 2010
i don't use itunes. oh well.
Millz 8:40 PM - 27 September, 2010
I dont use iTunes either, but Im curious to know if disabling VSL would increase performance....
Eduardo Serrano 8:42 PM - 27 September, 2010
We will findout tonight, some people say you MUST have it enabled, some people say YOU DON'T have to have it enabled. I will test tonight.
tomatoslice 9:23 PM - 27 September, 2010
Quote:
Skinnyguy -
Quote:
the only time you need vsl enabled is when you first import a video file into the ssl library. Other than that, vsl does NOT have to be enabled to run ME.

That is good to know, I thought VSL had to be enabled at all times.

yes, this is true. YOU ONLY NEED VSL ENABLED WHEN DROPPING VIDEOS INTO YOUR SSL LIBRARY ON THE FLY.

Quote:

however...
i believe this is true as well. i am not 100% on this tho. we need someone to test it definitively.
i know for an absolute fact that if you don't use itunes and you have pre-loaded videos in your library even with vsl not enabled they will show up and play.

VSL NOT have to be enabled to play videos or see videos straight from the library.
BUT i am not sure about the itunes playlist.
tomatoslice 9:30 PM - 27 September, 2010
Quote:
dumb question.

how do you get the effects to work. I can open the panel, but can't get anything to show up

not really a dumb question at all...ME is kind of confusing at times.

so you say you can "open the panel" are you referring to the tab in the "control" window?
if so the first view or effect should be set to "None". you then scroll to what you want.
there is a knob to the right that adjusts the parameters.

BUT what i have found and a few others have pointed out is that there is no on/off for the effects. which seems odd, doesn't it? i can't believe we haven't posted the question at inklen yet....going to do it now.
Eduardo Serrano 9:31 PM - 27 September, 2010
Thanks Rebanada de Jitomate - that's Spanish for Tomatoe Slice :)
skinnyguy 9:37 AM - 28 September, 2010
well, it's either you choose an effect or you don't, right? that in itself is sort of an on/off.

zoom blur or nothing.
kaleidoscope or nothing.
rotate or film strip....or nothing.
Dj Nyce 1:13 PM - 28 September, 2010
If you use the effects bank you can choose none. Or you can set the effect mix to 0. I personally use an aka lpd8 and set one of the pads to effect bank 1 which is set to none.
nik39 1:26 PM - 28 September, 2010
Quote:
BUT what i have found and a few others have pointed out is that there is no on/off for the effects.

Sure.. I can turn on/off effects by midi and by mouse.
tomatoslice 2:14 PM - 28 September, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
BUT what i have found and a few others have pointed out is that there is no on/off for the effects.

Sure.. I can turn on/off effects by midi and by mouse.

i think we meant like a bypass button and not the wet/dry knob.

there's no way to do it other than that.
nik39 2:18 PM - 28 September, 2010
Quote:
i think we meant like a bypass button and not the wet/dry knob.

But what'S the difference in this case?
tomatoslice 4:00 PM - 28 September, 2010
Hmm...idk...one button to push, maybe. Or a pre-set value for wet dry, maybe...and really for myself a button is faster.
One huge thing is the ability for s mart knobs. When setting one knob to select a pre-chosen effect, load it to a pre-set channel, turn it on/off is just easier than a knob and way faster
djpuma_gemini 4:20 PM - 28 September, 2010
Thanks. I'll setup my nano pad and see if I can get them to go off and on.
nik39 4:26 PM - 28 September, 2010
Tomatoe, for me it is indeed just one button to push.
Dj Nyce 8:37 PM - 28 September, 2010
Quote:
Thanks. I'll setup my nano pad and see if I can get them to go off and on.

use the effect bank and set one slot to 'none' then assign a pad on your nanopad to that slot. voila, poor mans bypass button.

only downside to this it that it only sets the effect to none (turning the effect off), and not turn it back on like a true bypass button. oh well, that's what the other buttons on your nanopad/lpd/mpd are for (:
tomatoslice 12:52 AM - 29 September, 2010
Quote:
Tomatoe, for me it is indeed just one button to push.

yo for real, you literally just PUSH one button?? you don't turn a knob?? seriously??
teach me, teach me!!
djpuma_gemini 2:10 AM - 29 September, 2010
how to dougie
Eduardo Serrano 2:16 AM - 29 September, 2010
Please help guys, am I the only one with chopy (not running smooth) waveforms when V-SL is ebnabled and launched? As soon as I disable the plug in the wafeforms are very smooth, I set my video card to us 9600M GT all the time (better performance) and I just installed the Snow Leopard Grapics Update from Apple. Please help, this is so annoying.
tomatoslice 5:22 AM - 29 September, 2010
Quote:
Please help guys, am I the only one with chopy (not running smooth) waveforms when V-SL is ebnabled and launched? As soon as I disable the plug in the wafeforms are very smooth, I set my video card to us 9600M GT all the time (better performance) and I just installed the Snow Leopard Grapics Update from Apple. Please help, this is so annoying.

you're not running VSL and ME at once are you?
Dj Nyce 12:15 PM - 29 September, 2010
eduardo, just check the checkbox for vsl in the plugins sections of settings (like sp-6, dj fx, etc). vsl should not launch, nor should it take up any resources.

play your mp4 in ssl, audio only should be playing...no vsl output window. if you see a vsl output window that means vsl was launched. if this is the case restart vsl and load an mp4. now open ME.

if you still get choppy waveforms, close other apps, turn off bluetooth and wifi. next, try to reduce the screen updates in ssl to 30 (instead of 60).
Eduardo Serrano 2:10 PM - 29 September, 2010
Quote:
you're not running VSL and ME at once are you?

TomatoeSlice - No, I am not running both, is either VSL or ME and with both I get really bad wavforms.

Quote:
eduardo, just check the checkbox for vsl in the plugins sections of settings (like sp-6, dj fx, etc). vsl should not launch, nor should it take up any resources.
play your mp4 in ssl, audio only should be playing...no vsl output window. if you see a vsl output window that means vsl was launched. if this is the case restart vsl and load an mp4. now open ME.
if you still get choppy waveforms, close other apps, turn off bluetooth and wifi. next, try to reduce the screen updates in ssl to 30 (instead of 60).

DJ Nyce - I will try that, but by reducing screen updates in ssl from 60 to 30, will make the waveforms jompy no? that defeats the purpose of wantinh them to run smoothly.

Thank you both for your input, I will see how it works when I get home later tonight.
popnwave 10:38 PM - 29 September, 2010
What version of SSL are you running? I scrolled up and saw the hardware specs which look ok, but I had to go back to 1.9.2 of SSL because the 2.x versions gave me funky results with video especially when it came to waveforms lagging.

I have not run the current version though. I am hoping to see some VSL love before I upgrade again.
Eduardo Serrano 12:44 PM - 30 September, 2010
Quote:
What version of SSL are you running? I scrolled up and saw the hardware specs which look ok.

popnwave - Thanks for the reply. I am using SL 2.1 & VSL 1.2. I noticed this issue also after I upgraded to the latest versions of both (SL & VSL). You mentioned you are using SL 1.9.2 but what version of VSL are you using? I want to try that setup.
jbnyc 1:04 PM - 30 September, 2010
You have a better computer than me Eduardo and i only get choppy waveforms when im using vsl/recording on screenflow/broadcastimg with camtwist and using wireless,it gets a little better when i turn the aitport off ,and my macbook isnt even a pro,did u install perian?
Eduardo Serrano 1:13 PM - 30 September, 2010
Quote:
did u install perian?

jbnyc - Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did install Perian. I have tried everything that has been suggested on here, the only thing I have to try now is going back to 1.9.2, I will see if that helps.
popnwave 1:22 PM - 30 September, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
What version of SSL are you running? I scrolled up and saw the hardware specs which look ok.

popnwave - Thanks for the reply. I am using SL 2.1 & VSL 1.2. I noticed this issue also after I upgraded to the latest versions of both (SL & VSL). You mentioned you are using SL 1.9.2 but what version of VSL are you using? I want to try that setup.

I have 1.2 installed for when I do my importing of new tracks and then turn it off and use ME 1.5 when I am actually mixing.

I even started a small thread myself when I gave up on 2.x for right now:

serato.com

Luckily on OSX going back to old versions is not as hard as on a Windows based machine. Just make sure you clear out the junk carter mentions, otherwise you will get errors.
Eduardo Serrano 8:20 PM - 30 September, 2010
I will try that, thank yo u popnwave
djbookz 5:11 AM - 5 October, 2010
I dont know if its me or the program?, but I use the media bank alot because i have alot of mp3s that i play as well during a video set. And when djing a video set with ambient graphics (mp3s) I find that the media bank loads a particular graphic more often then the others. For example, lets say I set up 10 different graphics in the media bank, Graphics set to media bank 1 will show up more constantly then graphics set to media bank 10. When I'm djing a set at a night club using the media bank alot. I don't want my crowd to see repetitive graphics all night long, that would be boring quick. I wish that ME would EQUALLY CHOOSE each graphics by count, not just randomly pick a graphic, gets too repetitive!. another way to get around this is hopefully ME would add 20 spaces for the media bank. on a side note who is running ME on 13" MBP, how do you like it?
DJCheLu 5:01 AM - 6 October, 2010
You should post that suggestion on the ME forums. Nick takes suggestions pretty seriously :)
Grumpy 9:54 PM - 6 October, 2010
True. I noticed the same issue. I just end up dragging a different graphic over. On a side note, I'm looking for more graphics to add to mp3s. Where can I find cool video effects/graphics?
Eduardo Serrano 10:04 PM - 6 October, 2010
me too, please advice on cool visuals.
Dj Nyce 10:31 PM - 6 October, 2010
djpuma_gemini 10:46 PM - 6 October, 2010
pricey
Grumpy 11:53 PM - 6 October, 2010
Sick! Exactly what I was looking for. Good looking out Nyce.
Dj Nyce 3:47 AM - 7 October, 2010
tomatoslice 4:52 PM - 26 October, 2010
i haven't tested it yet but that halloween transition looks killer!!!
djpuma_gemini 5:01 PM - 26 October, 2010
There's a halloween transtion? Shit. Got to get on this.
tomatoslice 5:02 PM - 26 October, 2010
hell yea!!!

i keep up with them on twitter now
djpuma_gemini 5:37 PM - 26 October, 2010
TIme to follow them
Eduardo Serrano 6:00 PM - 26 October, 2010
Where is teh Halloween transition? Link please?
djpuma_gemini 6:07 PM - 26 October, 2010
it's under plugins under mix emergency, under inklen.com
Eduardo Serrano 6:32 PM - 26 October, 2010
Do you guys really recommend MixEmergency over Video-SL? I have been using VSL for 4 months now and I like it but I was wondering if I should jump on the ME bandwagon. Please advice, pros and cons? Pros over VSL?
PopRoXxX 7:32 PM - 26 October, 2010
My setup is really like Daddy Dog's. lol
i34.photobucket.com
Joshua Carl 7:37 PM - 26 October, 2010
GETTING THE MAC THIS WEEK.

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Sticky K 7:41 PM - 26 October, 2010
Quote:
GETTING THE MAC THIS WEEK.

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

hehehe, you've been talking about it for a while now. That's good news!
Eduardo Serrano 7:45 PM - 26 October, 2010
Hey DJ PopRoXXX, where can I get the "Shots Through The Heart" Video? Is tehre a place I can buy it from? I have SmashVidz and 8thwonder accounts. Please Advice....
Joshua Carl 7:48 PM - 26 October, 2010
You aint kidding....
its torture I assure you.

now I have to COMPLETELY learn a new OS, and ME.

Ed, I think That video is on CrooklynCLan.net Im pretty sure thats a Scooter Edit
fcprod1 8:00 PM - 26 October, 2010
Quote:
i34.photobucket.com

PopRoxx,
do you know on your media bank that if you hit the little camera icon on the control tab that it will show a screen shot of what is in your media bank? I see that you have the standard quicktime icon instead of the snapshot of the actual visual. just saying.
Sticky K 8:05 PM - 26 October, 2010
Quote:

now I have to COMPLETELY learn a new OS, and ME.

Haai it's not that big of a learning curve. I give u a week and u will be comfortable with osx, and so used to the trackpad that u'll battle to use a normal laptop again :)
tomatoslice 8:46 PM - 26 October, 2010
Quote:
Do you guys really recommend MixEmergency over Video-SL?...

Do you really have to ask??

YES!!
tomatoslice 8:54 PM - 26 October, 2010
Quote:
...t I was wondering if I should jump on the ME bandwagon. Please advice, pros and cons? Pros over VSL?

you only should if you aren't happy with vsl.
you only should if you want something better, imo, than vsl.
everyone that i know thinks it's better...well, i am not sure about Phat Al. i don't remember his thoughts. he will have to say.

pros:
text works
less cpu
better and more transitions.
user adjustable gui...this is a PLUS+PLUS=awesome.
you can any feature to multiple midi controls.
test works

i am sure there is more.
idk, someone else will have to add.

cons:
not for pc...like i care ;/
Millz 8:56 PM - 26 October, 2010
Mix Emergency picks up where VSL stops. Mix Emergency is the truth :)
djpuma_gemini 11:09 PM - 26 October, 2010
Quote:
Mix Emergency picks up where VSL stops. Mix Emergency is the truth :)

My name is Anthony "DJ Puma" and I approve this message.
Eduardo Serrano 1:18 AM - 27 October, 2010
Thank you guys, I will buying this ME tonight, one last question can map ME's controls to Denon's DN-HC1000S USB MIDI controller?
tomatoslice 1:34 AM - 27 October, 2010
Quote:
Thank you guys, I will buying this ME tonight, one last question can map ME's controls to Denon's DN-HC1000S USB MIDI controller?

unless it's as annoying as the 57...

it's a midi. i don't see why not.
Eduardo Serrano 2:32 AM - 27 October, 2010
OK ME Gurus. I hope I am doing something wrong. I installed the demo version and I like it so far. However, if I click on any of the windows of ME, focus passes control to ME if I want to now use Scratch live I need to either click on SL or do Command Tab. I understand they are two different programs but ME says that ME can work as a plug in for Serato. like V-SL it is a plugin bur when launched they work as one, Can I do the same with ME? Note: I am not talking about the blue pin on the right upper corner; that works fine.
djpuma_gemini 2:34 AM - 27 October, 2010
Not sure.

Usually I only touch me when I set it up and I'm always in ssl, but sometimes I'll click to randomize through transitions, but I don't remember if I click back to ssl or not.
Eduardo Serrano 2:47 AM - 27 October, 2010
Yes, that would be the only time I would touch ME; for transitions or to change a Text Overlay, or to select media. I believe there is not way to make them (SSL & ME) work as a one unit.
djpuma_gemini 2:48 AM - 27 October, 2010
But if you need to touch ssl in any way you would have to click on it anyway.

Or are you trying to type to search for something and it won't type.

Just always remember to click on ssl after touching MixE
Eduardo Serrano 3:23 AM - 27 October, 2010
I wanted to scroll through the songs after I changed a text overlay and I did not work until I touch SLL, I guess I have to touch sll after ME. Right now with the midi controller I hardly touch SSL with the mouse pointer. SSL and V-SL can be manipulated withe the Denon midi controller.
DJCheLu 3:37 AM - 27 October, 2010
Yea back and forth focus of me and ssl was really getting on my nerves but after using it for a month i dont even notice LOL. You know what would be sweet!!!! Ability to put ME in the dashboard :)
PopRoXxX 3:55 AM - 27 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
i34.photobucket.com

PopRoxx,
do you know on your media bank that if you hit the little camera icon on the control tab that it will show a screen shot of what is in your media bank? I see that you have the standard quicktime icon instead of the snapshot of the actual visual. just saying.

Thanks for the heads up - I'll look for it now :)

Quote:
Hey DJ PopRoXXX, where can I get the "Shots Through The Heart" Video? Is tehre a place I can buy it from? I have SmashVidz and 8thwonder accounts. Please Advice....

I believe it's CC
DJCheLu 4:03 AM - 27 October, 2010
Quote:
i34.photobucket.com

Your not having issues with 2.0 and lag?
Eduardo Serrano 4:18 AM - 27 October, 2010
Quote:
i34.photobucket.com

What is the window next to the chick holding the drink? the one with the green scroll tracks and scroll crates buttons on it? I dont have that window in my ME
Millz 4:20 AM - 27 October, 2010
thats for the 57 or 68
Eduardo Serrano 4:30 AM - 27 October, 2010
Quote:
thats for the 57 or 68

oh, thanks!!!!
PopRoXxX 4:56 AM - 27 October, 2010
Also, I turn off the Preset & Overlay lists when not using them. Fairly easy for me to do, just click. You don't see it in this pic, but the overlay list appears on top of the crates list.
PopRoXxX 4:58 AM - 27 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
i34.photobucket.com

Your not having issues with 2.0 and lag?

No worse than with VSL. A "little" jerky in the waveforms I guess. I'm playing right now at the house with Perian and VSL plugin off. We'll see ...
Caliber 7:32 AM - 27 October, 2010
Which program is more cpu dependent, ME or VSL?
nik39 8:23 AM - 27 October, 2010
Quote:
OK ME Gurus. I hope I am doing something wrong. I installed the demo version and I like it so far. However, if I click on any of the windows of ME, focus passes control to ME if I want to now use Scratch live I need to either click on SL or do Command Tab. I understand they are two different programs but ME says that ME can work as a plug in for Serato. like V-SL it is a plugin bur when launched they work as one, Can I do the same with ME? Note: I am not talking about the blue pin on the right upper corner; that works fine.

set it up so that it always stays on top and adjust the transluciency level.
tomatoslice 3:02 PM - 27 October, 2010
Quote:
Which program is more cpu dependent, ME or VSL?

vsl
tomatoslice 3:05 PM - 27 October, 2010
Quote:
thats for the 57 or 68

man, i never would have figured that out.
i haven't used a box since the weekend vsl came out.
djdaddydog 4:54 PM - 27 October, 2010
Quote:
i34.photobucket.com

ha! your's looks good. i like how your using the left side of the screen two. guys post a screenshot of your ME arrangements so we can learn from each other and come up with the best arrangements
DJCheLu 6:12 PM - 27 October, 2010
I have been using the prepare window for the ME previews but what i hate about that setup is i cant use my 57 to scroll crates and songs....... Need to come up with something else.
Funkytownstopsix 6:21 PM - 27 October, 2010
Quote:
My set up.......www.vdjbig.com

Will this work for you...
DJ Dan-E 7:55 PM - 27 October, 2010
Wow glad to see everyone else is seeing what a great program ME is. I know alot of you were hard core VSL, and now finally making the switch. Nic has done a great job with the software!
Eduardo Serrano 7:59 PM - 27 October, 2010
Quote:
Nic has done a great job with the software!

NIc who?
Funkytownstopsix 7:59 PM - 27 October, 2010
Well I do beleive that if they had not got on that bridge shit that they would be neck and neck... Now they are 10 steps back. I am just glad we have another option and a damn good one at that.
Caliber 8:00 PM - 27 October, 2010
it would of been cool if ME could of split the deck video screens and place them next to the deck cue point list in vertical wave form view
DJCheLu 8:09 PM - 27 October, 2010
Quote:
it would of been cool if ME could of split the deck video screens and place them next to the deck cue point list in vertical wave form view

Suggest it in the feedback ME forums. He will tell you if its possible probably in less then a day :)
Funkytownstopsix 8:09 PM - 27 October, 2010
post on ME site nic will do it I bet.
Sticky K 6:40 AM - 28 October, 2010
Quote:

The will be cool!
Sticky K 6:40 AM - 28 October, 2010
*that...
DJMark 7:17 AM - 28 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Suggest it in the feedback ME forums. He will tell you if its possible probably in less then a day :)

Would also be a great VSL feature request...possibly also easier for Serato to implement (?).
Eduardo Serrano 2:32 PM - 28 October, 2010
My SL & ME setup:

On top of SL 1.9.2
[IMG]i267.photobucket.com[/IMG]

On top of SL 2.1.1
Caliber 3:38 PM - 28 October, 2010
wa size screen are u using serrano
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:39 PM - 28 October, 2010
that is a ton of screen space
Eduardo Serrano 4:03 PM - 28 October, 2010
LOL, I was waiting for that question. That is right boys, I got me a 17" Macbook pro, I love it.
GRiNDBoX 4:05 PM - 28 October, 2010
thats a huge screan...:)
Joshua Carl 4:21 PM - 28 October, 2010
for quite some time I used that same resolution on my 17"xps.

finally I ended up beefing it up a bit becuase If I ever did need to reado something it
was waaaay to small (other than the library with the ctrl+ trick) to read from 3-4
feet away, with club lights, and bouncing around and what not...

and I hate being that dude hunched over his computer, I like to distannce myself
as much as possible from it
Millz 4:23 PM - 28 October, 2010
i have my 17 inch set to 1920 x 1200 without the quickplay hooked up, and when the quickplay is hooked up its set at 1280 x 1024 (stretched). Just big enough to see what the hell im doing ;)
Caliber 4:23 PM - 28 October, 2010
Quote:
LOL, I was waiting for that question. That is right boys, I got me a 17" Macbook pro, I love it.

Do you get backaches carrying that thing. I have a macbook 13" then when I switch to my 15" pro I almost cried for the weight difference. Reminds me when I was young and use to carry crates for my boy who taught me how to dj
Eduardo Serrano 5:11 PM - 28 October, 2010
Is it heavier? Yes it is, do I mind? Not at all. I aonly carry it in its alluminum case from the house to the car (50 ft) and from the car to the club (100 ft), no problem at all. I love having that big screen.
djpuma_gemini 5:15 PM - 28 October, 2010
I got the 17 too and I love it, yeah at home when you want to sort shit or watch a tv show in bed it's a little big, but I love the 3 usb's and screen real estate.

I'll have to try what Millz said about going 1280 stretched, cause I have to lean forward to find songs, cause the text is so damn small.
Funkytownstopsix 5:22 PM - 28 October, 2010
Just curious I use center on libary does anyone else use center on libary... if so I dont see the need to make anything small,, also you coud use the libary to place ME stuff top and bottom of your libary as u will be centered on the libary at all times. What you think?
Eduardo Serrano 5:26 PM - 28 October, 2010
DJ puma, you know you can make the font on the songs list larger in serato right?
Eduardo Serrano 5:29 PM - 28 October, 2010
Ctrl or Cmd plus the + key increases the font size.
Millz 5:49 PM - 28 October, 2010
or in setup/library there is an option to make the font bigger :)
DJCheLu 6:27 PM - 28 October, 2010
Man i should have gotten a 17" that screen realestate is awesome :)
tomatoslice 6:51 PM - 28 October, 2010
Quote:
Just curious I use center on libary does anyone else use center on libary...

yes, i do. makes things easier.
DJCheLu 7:46 PM - 28 October, 2010
Me three
Millz 7:49 PM - 28 October, 2010
yessirz
Dj Nyce 9:24 PM - 28 October, 2010
center on library is a very useful option. i use it as well.
djpuma_gemini 4:23 AM - 29 October, 2010
Center on library?
DJCheLu 6:58 AM - 29 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

This was posted and already Nick is thinking about implementing it. If you guys go to the ME feedback forums and post why it would be a good idea it would probably be put in there faster.
Sticky K 7:41 AM - 29 October, 2010
Quote:
My SL & ME setup:

On top of SL 1.9.2

On top of SL 2.1.1

I like the crate separation. Top idea :)
tomatoslice 2:34 PM - 29 October, 2010
Quote:
Center on library?

setup > library > center in selected songs
Eduardo Serrano 5:37 PM - 29 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
My SL & ME setup:

On top of SL 1.9.2
i267.photobucket.com

On top of SL 2.1.1
i267.photobucket.com

I like the crate separation. Top idea :)

Thank you Sticky K.
Eduardo Serrano 5:48 PM - 29 October, 2010
Quote:
i have my 17 inch set to 1920 x 1200 without the quickplay hooked up, and when the quickplay is hooked up its set at 1280 x 1024 (stretched). Just big enough to see what the hell im doing ;)

Quickplay?
djpuma_gemini 6:01 PM - 29 October, 2010
averready (scan converter)
Eduardo Serrano 6:14 PM - 29 October, 2010
what is it for?
vio0633 2:49 AM - 31 October, 2010
Its so you can covert digital to analog video signals out
vio0633 2:49 AM - 31 October, 2010
*Convert
Eduardo Serrano 5:41 PM - 31 October, 2010
Is it the AVerMedia QuickPlay? I need to know more about this please. I have a MacBook Pro, I purchased an MiniPort Dsplay to VGA and then I have a converter to S-Video but I am not too happy with the end result. Will this thingy work for my setup? Again I need S-video out, anyone can tell me the quality of videos with this thing
Dj Nyce 9:01 PM - 31 October, 2010
yes. avermedia quickplay. it is a scan converter that converts digital signal to analog (minidisplay port to vga>quickplay>s-video or component video).

if you have a mdp to vga adapter then yes the quickplay will work for you. you can control position, brightness, flicker and over/underscan. it also has a vga monitor out.

i think the video quality is great. it's not hd, but it looks good. it's small but it does need usb power.
Dj Nyce 9:03 PM - 31 October, 2010
oh an it also has composite (yellow rca) out...
vio0633 1:27 AM - 1 November, 2010
This is what I use if I need to go composite or VGA out of my MBP. Works great!

www.amazon.com
vio0633 1:29 AM - 1 November, 2010
Quick question for you ME users. Does ME run less CPU usage compared to VSL? Does anyone have any videos or data to compare the 2? Just cirous as to what the difference is between the 2. Stability is key for me and im thinking of switching over to ME!
Funkytownstopsix 12:36 PM - 1 November, 2010
You really need to test on your on MBP depends on what you have installed and what's running in the background... I can't say I have data but I know one thing it runs a sooooo much smoother and is very stable. At frist I was trying to use VSL every other gig but that has fallen to the way side now I only use ME. Try the demo if you have not already and there will be no doubt you will get it.. Yet if you seach sombody did have data that said it used less cpu,,yada yada yada....
tomatoslice 5:59 PM - 1 November, 2010
Quote:
Quick question for you ME users. Does ME run less CPU usage compared to VSL? ... Stability is key for me and im thinking of switching over to ME!

yes, it uses less cpu.

more stable...i know this because i have files that WILL crash VSL but not ME. so basically ME plays more files and formats.

pretty sure there is good reason the majority that switched stay with ME.
if it was not stable or better why would they stay with it?
where are all the people saying VSL is better?
Joshua Carl 7:55 PM - 1 November, 2010
Just curious.

with ME's Midi functionality, whats everyone using for controllers, and how many
options are u assigning?

Ive seen a few IPADs...but thats a little too much, and over the top for me...
Ive considered dusting off my Korg KontrolPad
seeing how it has buttons, sliders & knobs...and its tiny
Dj Nyce 10:25 PM - 1 November, 2010
i'm using bank 4 of my lpd8.

pads 1-8 -> effect slots 1-8
knobs first row -> effect parameter 1/2/effect select/transition select
knobs second row -> effect parameter 1/2/effect select/transition effect amount

setting up effects and storing them in the banks are a great way to recall effects. i have a ton using the bass or position.
DJ-Phat-AL 11:08 PM - 1 November, 2010
I use the Korg nanoKONTROL ...

got effects, transitions, etc. setup on it.... still trying to assign more... and yeah it is small. I like it!
DJMark 11:52 PM - 1 November, 2010
I've been using an Akai LPD8, with knobs controlling effects/effect mix, and a couple buttons for transition and changing auto-transition type. It's been working fine for that.
Eduardo Serrano 8:36 PM - 2 November, 2010
Quote:
www.amazon.com

vio0633 - WHat output are you using? S-Video or Composite? How is the quality if using S-Video? How are the colors of the Videos on the screens? the Item I am using I am not to happy with. Thanks
PopRoXxX 9:51 PM - 2 November, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

i34.photobucket.com

ha! your's looks good. i like how your using the left side of the screen two. guys post a screenshot of your ME arrangements so we can learn from each other and come up with the best arrangements

Thanks brutha! I wanted it to look like it's part of SSL. I get the haters around here asking "How did you get VSL to do that or look like that?" I tell them "Yours didn't come this way, weird." LOL!
tomatoslice 12:38 AM - 3 November, 2010
Quote:
I get the haters around here asking "How did you get VSL to do that or look like that?" I tell them "Yours didn't come this way, weird." LOL!

kills me how people just slide through being a dj or vj and don't bother to keep up.
Kevin Walker 9:32 PM - 3 November, 2010
Quote:
The real killer for me with MixEmergency, especially with the launch of SL 2.0, is the ability to place the different windows where you like on the screen. In 2.0 Video SL just EATS your screen real-estate up.

Quote:
The real killer for me with MixEmergency, especially with the launch of SL 2.0, is the ability to place the different windows where you like on the screen. In 2.0 Video SL just EATS your screen real-estate up.[/quote

I am trying to figure out how to do more than one window with ME
vio0633 10:44 AM - 7 November, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

www.amazon.com

vio0633 - WHat output are you using? S-Video or Composite? How is the quality if using S-Video? How are the colors of the Videos on the screens? the Item I am using I am not to happy with. Thanks

I never did S Video out of it but composite yes. The difference between the composite output and VGA is very far. VGA is much brighter and the colors are much better. Im using HDMI right now and havent used that box in a while. Nice converter though!
jbnyc 4:40 PM - 7 November, 2010
I always used hdmi and few times the regular yellow rca,i started djing @ this new place on thurs,its wired vga,i got to say i was VERY impressed! Cant tell the difference with my hdmi wired gig!
ta2423 2:59 AM - 9 November, 2010
Quote:

Quote:

The real killer for me with MixEmergency, especially with the launch of SL 2.0, is the ability to place the different windows where you like on the screen. In 2.0 Video SL just EATS your screen real-estate up.[/quote

I am trying to figure out how to do more than one window with ME

My ME setup.
i108.photobucket.com
djpuma_gemini 3:17 AM - 9 November, 2010
haha why didn't you just take a screen shot?
ta2423 3:37 AM - 9 November, 2010
Im too busy learning all this other crap. My brain can only take so much. Pc to mac, mapping 57 ish, 2.0 2.1,vsl to me, damn dicers and their mappings, kaoss pad, recording, editing,handbrake, all this video coding encoding transfering ratios Not to mention as many mobile gigs this year alone, I can effing hook up anything with a 2.5 b.a.c. level. Oh yeah and practice practice practice. Ok I will stuff one more thing in my brain as long as I dont have to do homework just this once. How do I do a screen shot on mbp.
By the way is there a point in life where you dont have to do homework anymore?
If I did this much homework when I was in highschool I would be a doctor.Its non stop trying to get up and stay on top of things. Ah hell its fun anyways. What trips me out, all this crap going on and for some damn reason it all seems to just work together.
djpuma_gemini 3:41 AM - 9 November, 2010
cmd+shift+3 = screenshot
cmd+shift+4 = sizeable screenshot
cmd+ctrl+option+8 = crush it button
ta2423 3:45 AM - 9 November, 2010
Thanks Next shot will be a screen shot.
Joshua Carl 3:55 AM - 9 November, 2010
I will be buying this tomorrow...

DL the demo, the plugins.
installed SSL+VSL....
SMC fan control...

anything Im missing?
ta2423 4:15 AM - 9 November, 2010
SMC fan control? Guess Im missing something. More homework... Gotta say with being a serato diehard the ME is sick. I think Im an idiot that I didnt have this from the git go. Looks like youre set. "but what do I know? Im learning new ish every day"
Joshua Carl 4:17 AM - 9 November, 2010
there was a great thread, which Ive been looking for ...for 30 minutes now.

it was like everything you needed to know about runnin vsl on a MBP.

I remembered SMC...but that was about it.
and to disable energy saver of the video card.

anyone know where that thread is.... yeah I searched.
DJ DisGrace 4:25 AM - 9 November, 2010
Set to "higher performance" for the video card.

You could also try perian, but I'm doing OK without it.

Go to iTunes and disable all the automatic library crap in the advanced preferences.

welcome to the MacSide!
ta2423 4:26 AM - 9 November, 2010
Just googled it "free download". My mbp17 I-7 2x2 gets warm but not hot running everything. Should be covered by apple under warranty if it overheats? Heck I would hate to void a warranty because I was messing with fans. Disabling energy save +1.
ta2423 4:28 AM - 9 November, 2010
Quote:

Go to iTunes and disable all the automatic library crap in the advanced preferences.
welcome to the MacSide!

I didnt disable the itunes crap but it hasnt seemed to effect me either?
DJ Dub Cowboy 4:46 AM - 9 November, 2010
Quote:
there was a great thread, which Ive been looking for ...for 30 minutes now.

it was like everything you needed to know about runnin vsl on a MBP.

I remembered SMC...but that was about it.
and to disable energy saver of the video card.

anyone know where that thread is.... yeah I searched.

SMC
Caffeine (quick toggle of screen settings)
Onyx
Perian
DJCheLu 7:20 AM - 9 November, 2010
^^I have heard of Onyx but it scurrs me since it states you can really mess up your mac if used incorrectly. What do you cowboy use it for specifically?
DJ Dub Cowboy 7:47 AM - 9 November, 2010
repairing permissions (which you can do w/disk utility)
running scripts on command
delete caches
changing a few hidden parameters. (move the dock to the bottom left)

I like it. There is a lot more it can do but that is what I use. Never gave me an issue.
DJLRock 8:36 AM - 9 November, 2010
Quote:

SMC
Onyx
Perian

iStat menus
ta2423 9:31 AM - 9 November, 2010
Quote:

SMC
Onyx
Perian
iStat menus

Man thats quite the list. I havent seen a reason to add any of this to make things better for running video's. Everything is pretty much running perfect.
SMC to control fans, onyx for system maintenance tasks, perian for more formats,
caffeine to keep mb from falling asleep, istat for monitoring system???
Seems not necessary to me. You needed these to run smoothly?
Dj Nyce 2:40 PM - 9 November, 2010
only necessary items are caffeine and smc.

the other items will make your life easier (i.e onyx or maintenance).
Joshua Carl 4:47 PM - 9 November, 2010
woww...setting up midi in ME is a little bit of a curveball....

everything is up and running... loving it so far.
I will say I DO get those occasional waveform gitches...nothing thats gonna
kill me though
Steve Dub. 5:03 PM - 9 November, 2010
Waveform glitches are from the video card working too hard. Try moving the quality setting in ME to 50%. I did that and don't get the glitches anymore and I can barely tell the difference between 50% and 100%
Joshua Carl 5:26 PM - 9 November, 2010
really? 50%

Ill give it a shot!

dumbass....i cant believe i couldnt figure out the midi.
got it now.

question:
is there a bypass effect option, or toggle effect button to map.
when u load a effect to the presets, and map that (lets say slot 1)
it toggles it on... but hitting it again doesent toggle it off.

any ideas.... lets say I wanted to desing a midi firable strobe
Dj Nyce 5:48 PM - 9 November, 2010
there isn't an effect toggle. what you can do select none, set a preset to none or turn the effect amount to 0.
carter 5:48 PM - 9 November, 2010
Yeah. Midi was pretty easy. Option+Click and then choose the knob or button. I haven't been able to toggle between different effects on each deck, but you can set the effect output knobs to a midi channel. Some have 2 and some have 3, but you can set each one. The only one I can skip through is the main output effects. I set it to random and have the refresh button assigned to a button on my mixer. So if an effect comes up that I haven't deselected in preferences I can skip it and go to another one.
tomatoslice 5:58 PM - 9 November, 2010
Quote:
Yeah. Midi was pretty easy. Option+Click and then choose the knob or button...

it will be even easier in 1.6.
can not wait for that to come out!!!
carter 7:17 PM - 9 November, 2010
Nice. I'm guessing there's a beta floating around that some people know about...hahaha.
tomatoslice 7:24 PM - 9 November, 2010
Quote:
Nice. I'm guessing there's a beta floating around that some people know about...hahaha.

technically it should not be floating about at all.
anyone invited to beta has been told not to share it.
and why would you? there's no way i would not want to be dropped from that list.
djpuma_gemini 8:02 PM - 9 November, 2010
ME 1.6 beta

www.inklen.com
tomatoslice 8:20 PM - 9 November, 2010
Quote:
ME 1.6 beta

www.inklen.com

+1
Joshua Carl 8:23 PM - 9 November, 2010
I want to get added to that list, are you grandfathered if your a VSL tester :)
djpuma_gemini 8:27 PM - 9 November, 2010
no but you just gave it up that you are a vsl beta tester.
Joshua Carl 8:57 PM - 9 November, 2010
you came to that came to that conclusion on your own...I just asked if VSL bt's were grandfathered...

innocent until proven otherwise ;-)
ta2423 9:15 PM - 9 November, 2010
Quick question on ME. If Im rolling mp4's and drop in an mp3 the video still shows. How do I get around this. If I eject the mp4 and drop in an mp3 the same mp4 plays with the mp3 I dropped in. Of course the mp4's audio is gone playing only what I dropped in. The video stays loaded until you drop in another video?
djdaddydog 9:16 PM - 9 November, 2010
damn,...click on the link. that was cruel
Joshua Carl 9:50 PM - 9 November, 2010
odd.
maybe you guys noticed this.

in the overlay window you CANNOT midimap the mix knob under text
and the effect parameter under overlay....

just thought it was odd.
Joshua Carl 9:50 PM - 9 November, 2010
image overlay that is
djpuma_gemini 2:29 AM - 10 November, 2010
Quote:

You are far from djing bad daddy dog. Your worst cut is better than my best.
tomatoslice 4:59 AM - 10 November, 2010
Quote:
Quick question on ME. If Im rolling mp4's and drop in an mp3 the video still shows. How do I get around this. If I eject the mp4 and drop in an mp3 the same mp4 plays with the mp3 I dropped in. Of course the mp4's audio is gone playing only what I dropped in. The video stays loaded until you drop in another video?

you have to set some videos in your ME media bank and set them to load instead of keeping the vsl video.
i don't know exactly how to do it so don't ask me...all i know is i have it set that way.
tomatoslice 5:00 AM - 10 November, 2010
Quote:

ah man, that is cruel and to an innocent bystander.
carter 5:28 AM - 10 November, 2010
Yeah it bypasses whatever you have linked with VSL. But it's drag and drop into ME. If you're just running ambient, images or fill use the media bank. It will cycle through them when you run mp3s.
ta2423 5:40 AM - 10 November, 2010
Kinda missed the eject button on the control tab...
DJCheLu 6:46 PM - 16 November, 2010
What resolution are you guys using to get the best picture out of ME. Im using 640x480 with Zoom output selected and ME Performance set on 100%. This was all according to the ME manual for best performance. But im not digging the black side bars on all the hdtvs at the club all though it doesnt bother me too much.

What are you guys using? 800x600 ME performance at 80%???
Dj Nyce 8:07 PM - 16 November, 2010
i'm using 640x480/Full/100%

all my 4:3 vids are encoded cropped to 640x480. all my 16:9 vids are encoded cropped to 640x360. my vids end up either full screen bars on top and bottom.
Joshua Carl 8:18 PM - 16 November, 2010
Quote:
all my 4:3 vids are encoded cropped to 640x480. all my 16:9 vids are encoded cropped to 640x360. my vids end up either full screen bars on top and bottom.

ditto
djpuma_gemini 8:25 PM - 16 November, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

ditto

Same but output quality at 80% (not sure why)
Joshua Carl 8:31 PM - 16 November, 2010
i dropped it down to 60/70/80 and didnt see a huge difference in performance..
so i just pushed it back to 100%

I think @ 640/480 100% should be ok....kicking the resolution up you might
have to start dropping the quality down.
one spot I do I have to kick the display up, otherwise the display has that
zoomed in look, you can only see the top line of a chryon and such.
carter 8:39 PM - 19 November, 2010
What do you guys normally use for export settings in ME for recordings?
PopRoXxX 2:50 AM - 22 November, 2010
i used the default quicktime movie setting it had already chosen. not bad :)
xplycyt 4:15 AM - 22 November, 2010
Quote:
i used the default quicktime movie setting it had already chosen. not bad :)

+1 - then use handbrake to convert it to mp4 if needed.
PopRoXxX 4:37 AM - 22 November, 2010
nah. i use MPEG streamclip. i like that better ;)
carter 6:49 PM - 22 November, 2010
I used the same and then MPEG. Just checking. I did an hour and 40 minutes so it was a pretty big file. Was trying to get it down in size somewhat.
tomatoslice 2:05 AM - 23 November, 2010
for all those having issues with ME and a scratching fader delay...
turn smoothing off.
preferences > transitions > uncheck "smooth fader"

the next version has an excellent smooth fader with scratching spot on. fast cuts are beautiful.
can not wait for the release!!
skinnyguy 8:49 AM - 23 November, 2010
i think i'm gonna release..
jbnyc 2:38 PM - 23 November, 2010
Quote:
i think i'm gonna release..

Lol
vio0633 8:52 PM - 3 January, 2011
Well....I just copped ME and holy shit....this plug in is off the chain! VSL aint got nothing on ME! The crazy effects and awesome transitions are un real! Love the recording function of the program as well!

Quick question for you guys with ME, what do you set the quality slider to? From reading on the forums it all depends on the secondary monitor resolution. I have mine set to 800x600 with the quality setting at 100%.
ta2423 12:10 AM - 4 January, 2011
Quote:
Well....I just copped ME and holy shit....this plug in is off the chain! VSL aint got nothing on ME! The crazy effects and awesome transitions are un real! Love the recording function of the program as well!

Quick question for you guys with ME, what do you set the quality slider to? From reading on the forums it all depends on the secondary monitor resolution. I have mine set to 800x600 with the quality setting at 100%.

It depends what the resolution is on my secondary monitor.
vio0633 12:20 AM - 4 January, 2011
If your using HDMI out onto LCD screens, what would the best resolution be? Im not trying to ouput full HD 1080P and tax my mac alot.
MicChec 9:00 PM - 4 January, 2011
on the system requirements foe ME it says you need a DVI or s video output. I have the older macbook pro with no dvi so i use the vga output. will that work with ME? straighrt VGA?
Funkytownstopsix 9:10 PM - 4 January, 2011
That should not be an issue.... To be sure ask on the ME fourms... But I am 99 percent sure you will be fine.
Dj Nyce 9:11 PM - 4 January, 2011
Any video output will work with ME. As long as your laptop recognizes whats plugged into the port as a 2nd display, ME will be able to see it.
MicChec 9:29 PM - 4 January, 2011
thank guys!
djpuma_gemini 9:42 PM - 4 January, 2011
What the hell is up with that new plugin, Forgot the name, but it constantly shows both screens in half the entire time until I get out of that screen, even if the fader is over all the way.

Pretty annoying when you have it on random and you look up a minute into a video and see split screen.
dj vegas 9:54 PM - 4 January, 2011
Quote:
What the hell is up with that new plugin, Forgot the name, but it constantly shows both screens in half the entire time until I get out of that screen, even if the fader is over all the way.

Pretty annoying when you have it on random and you look up a minute into a video and see split screen.

wrong form to get that answer sam should be able to tell you that!
djpuma_gemini 10:00 PM - 4 January, 2011
i know it's the wrong forum, i just figured someone else saw the same thing.
DjBoozie 10:28 PM - 4 January, 2011
Quote:

Djdaddydogg use it in one of his mixes..If u can contact him he might be able to tell you the name of it
djpuma_gemini 10:40 PM - 4 January, 2011
Don't need the name, I just hate it.
fcprod1 11:10 PM - 4 January, 2011
Quote:

Ya i thought for a second that my x-fader was bleeding or that ME was screwin up! Even with the x-fader all the way to one side it faintly shows!

I dont like it either. I removed from my transition list.
ta2423 11:35 PM - 4 January, 2011
Quote:
Don't need the name, I just hate it.

Didnt care for that one either. I actually had it come up on nye. I looked up and was like wtf. I had already stopped the song and it was in still while the other was going.
Cut it out of the random list.
vio0633 2:22 AM - 5 January, 2011
The transition is called "Two Up H SE". Its really cool to use when cutting videos up with doubles.
Dj Ace 4:15 AM - 5 January, 2011
Quote:
The transition is called "Two Up H SE". Its really cool to use when cutting videos up with doubles.

+1
DJCheLu 5:04 AM - 5 January, 2011
Quote:

+1 I thought my 57 fader was bleeding.....
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:06 PM - 5 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

+1 I thought my 57 fader was bleeding.....

+2
djpuma_gemini 7:08 PM - 5 January, 2011
That's what I was talking about, just couldn't get the words out.
Joshua Carl 9:39 PM - 5 January, 2011
i took that one out out of my random transition.
but keep it as a hot cue on my list.
when doing an acapella over a instrumental loop or something its a good one.
djpuma_gemini 9:49 PM - 5 January, 2011
yeah def would work for acap over inst, but I had no clue what it was and noticed my screens were in half.
tomatoslice 9:06 AM - 8 January, 2011
yea, it's a scratch transition.
it should probably be labeled for juggling.
i would love to find other things but that is pretty much it's only use.
Redi2roc 12:55 PM - 14 January, 2011
is ME very "hardware" or resource hungry? im interested in trying ME out but dont wanna jumble up my mac with hungry software
ta2423 3:38 PM - 14 January, 2011
demo it.
djpuma_gemini 3:58 PM - 14 January, 2011
judging by the hundreds of us that use it and never complain about resource issues, I'm pretty sure that's a negative.
nik39 5:02 PM - 14 January, 2011
ME runs better on my machine.
djpuma_gemini 5:23 PM - 14 January, 2011
Yup.

I just realized i was missing all my transitions.

I thought they were disabled, but I guess when I reinstalled ME I didn't get all the trans.

I've been mixing with the same 5 or 6 forever.

Finally got reflective swap back.
ME makes me happy (NH)
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:54 PM - 14 January, 2011
Quote:

+1
ta2423 7:15 PM - 14 January, 2011
Seemed to me vsl worked my mbp harder. Noticed it gets warmer than with me.
DJLRock 10:24 PM - 14 January, 2011
ME uses less resources
jbnyc 4:29 AM - 15 January, 2011
am i supposed to get y6btbhybhy on the screen when i run the demo? i was expecting the "demo" words on the screen but this is awkward!!
Dj Nyce 5:19 AM - 15 January, 2011
Quote:
am i supposed to get y6btbhybhy on the screen when i run the demo? i was expecting the "demo" words on the screen but this is awkward!!

if i recall correctly, the demo has a watermark on the main output (logo) that fades in and out. Also ME will stop working after 15 minutes.

You should not be seeing gibberish.
tomatoslice 6:45 AM - 15 January, 2011
Quote:

Quote:
ME uses less resources

yep yep
Funkytownstopsix 2:31 PM - 18 January, 2011
Me runs better but does not load videos faster then VSL this is the only negative that I have found with ME. I use acapella videos and instrumental every time I load videos in ME it may take a second or a few seconds, on VSL almost instant. ME in all other areas blows SLV out the water making for a more entertaining mix. Just wish it would load faster on the vids.
jbnyc 2:39 PM - 18 January, 2011
Am i the only one who hates the ME color? Is there a way to match the color to vsl? Or a different skin?
ta2423 3:21 PM - 18 January, 2011
Quote:
Me runs better but does not load videos faster then VSL this is the only negative that I have found with ME. I use acapella videos and instrumental every time I load videos in ME it may take a second or a few seconds, on VSL almost instant. ME in all other areas blows SLV out the water making for a more entertaining mix. Just wish it would load faster on the vids.

I havent noticed a lag. I also didnt purchase it until 1.5 came out. The vids seem to be loaded just as fast as the track in ssl.
Funkytownstopsix 3:42 PM - 18 January, 2011
Or really... hummm... try this... load an accapella and an instrumental play your video and then load video after video right behind each other and you will see what I am saying. Not really an issue with it loading but an issue with how long it takes to display on the screen. It will play the audio but the video is slow to come in. Now if your not a fast mixer persay loading accapellas on top of each other then it will not matter but for me it's part of my show which truly impresses people when they see videos just flowing as such live.... not edited. .
djpuma_gemini 3:57 PM - 18 January, 2011
but it only happens with acaps?
djpuma_gemini 3:57 PM - 18 January, 2011
what are you laptop specs (too lazy to look at profile)
ta2423 4:02 PM - 18 January, 2011
Now that I think about it yes... When Im prescanning vids and loading them simutanously it does have a lag. Never effects me live. I do however need to step up and get the accapellas and instrumentals going live.
I personally have the mbp17 i-7 and do notice when Im just prescreening vids it starts to lag. Thought it was more my harddrive than anything else. I think this happened to me in vsl too.
djpuma_gemini 4:10 PM - 18 January, 2011
Could it be your buffer settings and it has to store that data in ram before it shows it.
Try turning your buffer down and see how that affects it.
Funkytownstopsix 4:11 PM - 18 January, 2011
sup puma still lazy.... I just brought some pumas this weekend....

Yet it does happen try it and you will see then try it in VSL you may have a black frame but less then a second almost seemless if I was not at work I could send you an example. ... Oh and it does not need to be an accpella you will get the same effect for any video.
djpuma_gemini 4:53 PM - 18 January, 2011
ok. I'll test it out.

Can you see it in offline mode also?

*I always sport my pumas to gigs.
FunkyRob 6:39 PM - 18 January, 2011
^^ I always sport my Gemini at mobile gigs

Anybody worried that someday Serato is going to somehow disable 3rd party plugins somehow from working in future updates?
Funkytownstopsix 6:48 PM - 18 January, 2011
Quote:
Anybody worried that someday Serato is going to somehow disable 3rd party plugins somehow from working in future updates?

not really I have every version they (VSL) have ever put out, so as long as ME will work with the old its all good...
tomatoslice 7:29 PM - 18 January, 2011
Quote:

yes, but wtf do i care?!? i will just keep using 192 and stay happy.

so far i have seen nothing that blows me away about anything above 192 that is soooo great that i am willing to risk stability.
skinnyguy 8:58 PM - 18 January, 2011
i wouldn't say ME is a plug-in, since it's not activated WITHIN ssl. it's more of a piggyback kind of program.
skinnyguy 9:00 PM - 18 January, 2011
if ME actually was a plug-in, it would probably have access to the eq's and possibly linking fx to that.
Henry GQ 10:42 PM - 18 January, 2011
i wouldnt doubt that ME is working on their own "scratch" program..
DjBoozie 1:54 AM - 19 January, 2011
Quote:

One Could only dream
DjBoozie 1:55 AM - 19 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

One Could only dream

Oh Wait...And What it the SL1 Sl3 Or the mixer would work the program...I just got moist
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:21 PM - 19 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

One Could only dream

I think that would be a horrible senario, the reason ME is so great is because its a focused effort, JUST video, JUST mac, they have more time to spend on developing on a limited resource, if they tried to expand into the overly competitive world of DVS A) they would have alot of catching up to do B) it would take away from their lead prodcut
djpuma_gemini 5:17 PM - 19 January, 2011
M Bezzle has a point and a good one at that.
ta2423 5:21 PM - 19 January, 2011
I would like to see a transition or effect that freezes then pans around.Like the southland commercials
Henry GQ 5:45 PM - 19 January, 2011
sure bezzle has a good point. but i think at this point its only one person working onit. what if they had some other cats working on it as well...

i mean ME is so good as a video program. it would be nice for them to evolve into a dvs system. if they only stuck to mac it would be that much more dope! fuck pc
Henry GQ 5:46 PM - 19 January, 2011
sometime si wish serato would make an announcement that if u dont own mac. ur screwed. no more support for pc. i know this might very impossible on seratos part. but still would be nice...
djpuma_gemini 5:48 PM - 19 January, 2011
I think to develop a new dvs system now would be tough.

There are already a few good ones out there that everyone uses and to put that amount of money into development would be tough.
Funkytownstopsix 5:50 PM - 19 January, 2011
Quote:
i mean ME is so good as a video program. it would be nice for them to evolve into a dvs system. if they only stuck to mac it would be that much more dope! fuck pc

DUDE I don't think Serato has worked on PC since it came out.... As a matter of fact I think they gave up as well. And should make an announcement saying use it at your own risk and you will not have technical support... I would feel better then... I have only gotten on PC to work correctly out of 8 yet I wont get started... Henry GQ you brought back some bad memories
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:07 PM - 19 January, 2011
Quote:
sure bezzle has a good point. but i think at this point its only one person working onit. what if they had some other cats working on it as well...

I agree more cats on it would be awsome (no cat lady) but what do they have to gain by making a whole DVS when their piggyback strategey works great. I dont think they have much to add to the DVS game as a whole
djcrap 8:01 PM - 19 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

One Could only dream

I think that would be a horrible senario, the reason ME is so great is because its a focused effort, JUST video, JUST mac, they have more time to spend on developing on a limited resource, if they tried to expand into the overly competitive world of DVS A) they would have alot of catching up to do B) it would take away from their lead prodcut

totally on point because remember the days when it was Rane and Serato only, scratchlive was a stable program even the betas were playable at gigs......but as soon as serato started writing codes for itch, ......things have been starting to go down hill with scratchlive the program that made them fame..........because these days they barely have enough time to fix all the bugs in scratchlive so they just sweep them under the rag and move on cause they wanna meet a deadline . plus we haven't seen a vsl update in months.........

my point is these days Serato is under staffed with employees and barely has enough time to spend on each individual bug as they used to back in the day.......... due to their expansion of their services to itch,nurmark,vestex and denon.
tomatoslice 3:41 PM - 20 January, 2011
not to mention feature creep.
ssl definitely has it.
DjBoozie 11:44 AM - 27 January, 2011
I'VE ARRIVED...it feels so good to be home
djpuma_gemini 1:13 AM - 29 January, 2011
BoozieBadass.
carter 2:54 AM - 29 January, 2011
*still waiting on the title of this thread to change to "MixEmergency 1.6 is out." Seems like it's been in private beta for a while. Glad they're taking their time to release it, but man...
DouggyFresh 5:43 PM - 29 January, 2011
Quote:
*still waiting on the title of this thread to change to "MixEmergency 1.6 is out." Seems like it's been in private beta for a while. Glad they're taking their time to release it, but man...

Maybe they're waiting on VSL to release 1.3 so they can blow them away with a new updated ME.
nik39 5:46 PM - 29 January, 2011
Quote:

No "but man...".

Be thankful for that. Just look at the mess with Scratch Live currently!

I am happy that someone is taking their time to get the stuff tested before putting it out.
carter 6:21 PM - 29 January, 2011
No doubt.
djpuma_gemini 6:56 PM - 29 January, 2011
what are the new features in 1.6. yeah it's beta, but what's the diff between 1.5
DjBoozie 7:05 PM - 29 January, 2011
When did the beta for 1.6 come out
Millz 8:37 PM - 29 January, 2011
better midi options, pretty much can map everything. that within itself is good ish!
DJ_Gonzo 10:01 PM - 29 January, 2011
Well, thanks for posting up on this software. I recently started looking into recording my video mix sessions.

I use a TTM 57SL as my mixer/midi controller.

Prior to learning about ME, I had purchased Camtasia for Mac. I am not tech savvy enough to figure out how I can record sound from the 57SL and into Camtasia.

So, I downloaded a trial version of ME and I must say....I'm digging it! But again, am at a loss of how to record the sound from my mixer into the video mix.

Assistance on how to record the sound with the video from my 57SL is greatly appreciated guys.

If I can successfully record sound with the video....I may just have to purchase a license for this. ;-)

Thanks
tomatoslice 10:06 PM - 29 January, 2011
Quote:
When did the beta for 1.6 come out

never. it comes out whenever they write a new one.
there's been several.

it's private.
it's not like you can just go on the site and dload it.

Quote:

No "but man...".

Be thankful for that. Just look at the mess with Scratch Live currently!

I am happy that someone is taking their time to get the stuff tested before putting it out.

+1

yea, there is no hurry. i would be happy if an update came out a year from now. it works and that is what matters.
i only need certain midi-functions changed and even that i can live without.
unless you are truly pushing it beyond it's capabilities or you need a new feature than what is the rush?
seriously, what could anyone here possibly need?
Henry GQ 10:50 PM - 29 January, 2011
i think u guys will be surprised when 1.6 drops

Nick really listens to everyones suggestions!
skinnyguy 10:52 PM - 29 January, 2011
funny how sl users are dying for the next serato beta yet for ME, they can be patient.
Henry GQ 10:54 PM - 29 January, 2011
it must be the PC users that are impatient for serato betas...

cuz the people that are being patient for ME are MAC users. :P

holla if ya hear me lol
Dj Nyce 12:23 AM - 30 January, 2011
Quote:
So, I downloaded a trial version of ME and I must say....I'm digging it! But again, am at a loss of how to record the sound from my mixer into the video mix.

Assistance on how to record the sound with the video from my 57SL is greatly appreciated guys.

If I can successfully record sound with the video....I may just have to purchase a license for this. ;-)

Thanks

Route a cable from aux out or booth to your line in on your Mac. In ME start a new recording, Built-in Input should be selected for Device. If it's not, select it and make sure that something is playing in serato so that you can check the levels (Input level meter). If levels look good hit record.
DjBoozie 12:33 AM - 30 January, 2011
Quote:
it must be the PC users that are impatient for serato betas...

holla if ya hear me lol

Since ME is already ahead of VSl.. Mac user can show a lil patience for the new release of ME...because even when/if serato come out with a new version...it's going to be screwed up
ta2423 1:31 AM - 30 January, 2011
Personally dont need anything new from ME. Just dropping in new transitions weekly is a plus. Would be kind of cool to do some extra effects on text and images sooner or later.
DjBoozie 1:36 AM - 30 January, 2011
the only thing i would like to see is a way scroll the crossfade tranisitions and video efx transition...since I have the ttm57...and dont want to buy a seperate midi controller to do that
djpuma_gemini 4:14 AM - 30 January, 2011
Rotating images FTW! I'm addicted to that now.
carter 6:58 PM - 30 January, 2011
Quote:

holla if ya hear me lol

I think we're all patient because 1.5 works so well. If it were buggy and people were getting crashes all the time like VSL, it'd be a different story. We'd all have torches and pitch forks storming Nick's website on a constant basis. Haha. I was just saying that I've seen posts and rumors about it for what seems like months. Making me anxious to play around with it. Know what I mean?
DJ_Gonzo 7:43 PM - 30 January, 2011
Quote:

Route a cable from aux out or booth to your line in on your Mac. In ME start a new recording, Built-in Input should be selected for Device. If it's not, select it and make sure that something is playing in serato so that you can check the levels (Input level meter). If levels look good hit record.

Thanks brother. Working like a charm. ;-)

I also just purchased a license for ME. Recorded a video mix and worked like a charm.

Thanks!
GRiNDBoX 11:37 PM - 30 January, 2011
Welcome to the ME club GONZO..
:)

djClint
DJ_Gonzo 11:52 PM - 30 January, 2011
Thanks brother Clint.
DJCheLu 12:11 AM - 31 January, 2011
The only thing i would like for an ME update is the text preset bugs fixed :)
PopRoXxX 6:59 PM - 31 January, 2011
It's also easier to wait for an ME update because Nick is always working ... so he's always putting out new effects and new transitions all the time! That right there is awesome in my book. Yeah, sure 1.6 will have some new features which is cool. But your crowd sees videos, effects and transitions while listening to the mix. I would personally want VSL updates a lot because I couldn't wait for new effects/transitions. But Nick ... damn, even when he's working on a new update, he still is producing new effects/transitions for us to download anytime. WORD!!
ta2423 7:21 PM - 31 January, 2011
+1^
DJStevieP 11:49 PM - 31 January, 2011
HenryGQ - Yeah, it would be extremely smart for Serato team to drop PC support entirely.

Funkytown - That's right, us PC users are still stuck at version SSL version 1.6 and VSL version 1.0. It's not like they're developed and tested simultaneously.

You guys are awesomely smart.

I am, in no way, using a $700 PC laptop with better hardware than most MBPs that cost double that, including a silky smooth VSL experience at the highest quality, crash free.

I just wish Serato team would update VSL. For everyone. I'm not selfish.
Henry GQ 12:07 AM - 1 February, 2011
im awesomely smart!

not gonna argue this point. me and all the mac users know whats up...
DJStevieP 1:46 AM - 1 February, 2011
I'm not going to get into that argument either. I just found those suggestions... well, awesomely smart!
DJMark 8:42 AM - 1 February, 2011
Quote:
I am, in no way, using a $700 PC laptop with better hardware than most MBPs that cost double that, including a silky smooth VSL experience at the highest quality, crash free.

Since you're not selfish, post detailed system configuration information for the benefit of other people wanting to use Windows PC's with VSL. Believe we had a whole thread devoted to that a while back.
tomatoslice 4:42 PM - 1 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

i love when people jump on the better hardware deal.
the OS is what matters too.

it's like a driver of a car. the hardware doesn't mean shit if you're in a race but have a retard driving. you won't win, you will crash.

even with the best software, PCs crash because they have retarded drivers.
Funkytownstopsix 5:05 PM - 1 February, 2011
Quote:

i love when people jump on the better hardware deal.
the OS is what matters too.

it's like a driver of a car. the hardware doesn't mean shit if you're in a race but have a retard driving. you won't win, you will crash.

even with the best software, PCs crash because they have retarded drivers.

+1 ten times....

as a die hard PC guy this is a fact... I have installed Mac OS on my PC and it ran flawlessly.... But I think the point should be that sertao says it will run on PC then make it do so.... or take it off the site... flase hope kills.... Yes it will work on some but damn which ones... that's why I recommend they tell us what pc to buy that way we could kill the guessing game......
DouggyFresh 7:18 PM - 1 February, 2011
Quote:
HenryGQ - Yeah, it would be extremely smart for Serato team to drop PC support entirely.

Funkytown - That's right, us PC users are still stuck at version SSL version 1.6 and VSL version 1.0. It's not like they're developed and tested simultaneously.

You guys are awesomely smart.

My $1000 PC laptop came with a 2.53 Core2Duo, space for 2 hard drives internally, 6GB of RAM and a 1GB dedicated Nvidia 260M GT video card. Show me the Macbook Pro that's comparable to that. Oh, and it's got a 17" screen and lighted keyboard.. Ran VSL great, ended up going to Mac OS X on it (I got it to run Snow Leopard) and it works awesome. Now I can run MixEmergency on it too :)
DouggyFresh 7:19 PM - 1 February, 2011
Oh lets not forget about the 4 USB ports, 1 Firewire, 1 eSATA, VGA + HDMI out, SD card reader...
Joshua Carl 7:22 PM - 1 February, 2011
if your know what to look for in a PC you chances of running VSL successfully
is much much higher than just going by certain "specs"

the people i know, who have PCs...and bought the "right" OC run VSL
flawlessly. myself included.

the only flaw was not being able to run M-E!
djpuma_gemini 7:53 PM - 1 February, 2011
I think serato should drop pc support
Dj Ace 9:05 PM - 1 February, 2011
me too...no need for vsl on PC's...
Henry GQ 9:14 PM - 1 February, 2011
Quote:

agreed
ta2423 12:45 AM - 2 February, 2011
My touchsmart pc is used for third setups and as a backup. It runs flawless with all the right settings. Vsl... No stalls, no freezes and runs smoothly through a 5 hour video gig. With that said and no problems... I still would rather use the 17" mbp 1-7.
Just feels better, looks better and real estate is perfect for bridge and M.E. all up and going.
Serato will still do the pc support. Most people who start out dont just up and buy a macbook. They usually start with pc. In order for serato to do more business and sell them in they have to work with pc. Then after sold on the product the individual who is trying to better himself will step up and buy the mbp. I dont think there are many pc users here that dont want to own a mbp. My 2 anyways
dpetree 2:30 AM - 3 February, 2011
Quote:

Agreed +1

ME is the shit,
dpetree 2:31 AM - 3 February, 2011
Quote:
.. I still would rather use the 17" mbp 1-7.
Just feels better, looks better and real estate is perfect for bridge and M.E. all up and going.

Wait till you see 1.6,,,its gonna look even better..i have a 17" MBP and it looks amazing
ta2423 5:55 AM - 3 February, 2011
Nice. I will be all over it when it drops.
Henry GQ 10:42 AM - 3 February, 2011
yeah im wish i got the 17 instead now. pffft.
djpuma_gemini 3:13 PM - 3 February, 2011
I was skeptical on the 17, but Millz schooled me on it and it's great for gigs. 3 usbs and big ass screen.
DJ MDX 3:23 PM - 3 February, 2011
Yes, I love the 17" - I was on the fence but I am so glad I wend with it.
Millz 3:34 PM - 3 February, 2011
...you can add 4 more usb ports, 2 firewire 800 ports etc on your mbps by simply buying a serial 34 card. I was using a usb hub to connect all the junk I got (CDJS via HID, etcetcetc)...and it was a wiring mess...now with this serial card, I dont have as many wires running in front of my rig.
DJ MDX 3:35 PM - 3 February, 2011
@Millz For USB which card to you recommend?
DJ MDX 3:36 PM - 3 February, 2011
^damn typos - "...do you recommend?
Millz 3:40 PM - 3 February, 2011
www.provantage.com

this is the one I bought. It works perfect. Im only using 2 of the 4 usb ports. Sonnet makes quality stuff.
DJ MDX 3:47 PM - 3 February, 2011
Thanks - ordering today!
ta2423 3:55 PM - 3 February, 2011
Nice... Bought a powered usb hub a couple of days ago... This looks alot better.
jbnyc 3:55 PM - 3 February, 2011
Quote:

Wait till you see my dick !its gonna look even better..i have a 17" DILDO and it looks amazing

Quote:
Nice. I will be all over it when your pants drop.

come on guys... that has npthing to do with mix emergency 1.5..
ta2423 4:02 PM - 3 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Wait till you see my dick !its gonna look even better..i have a 17" DILDO and it looks amazing

Quote:

come on guys... that has npthing to do with me wanting to use it next..

Lol do you always think about dildo's in the morning? Wipe the saliva off your chin. Doesnt your jaw still hurt from last night?
jbnyc 6:13 PM - 3 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Lol do you always think about dildo's in the morning? Wipe the saliva off my chin. Doesnt your dick still hurt from last night?

You shold be banned from here!
DJMuErTe 7:00 PM - 3 February, 2011
question about 1.6 version of me, can you split the screens on 1.6 ? so you can place them anywhere you want? that will be awesome =)
DjBoozie 7:37 PM - 3 February, 2011
I know I'm late asking this question but I didnt want to go through 609 comments to find this out..Am I correct in understanding that you can midi certain transition and efx to ur midi controller... i.e say i wanted to use the fall back transition...i could hit a button and switch right to that transition and so forth and so on..Is this possible and if so how
Dj Nyce 8:09 PM - 3 February, 2011
Quote:
I know I'm late asking this question but I didnt want to go through 609 comments to find this out..Am I correct in understanding that you can midi certain transition and efx to ur midi controller... i.e say i wanted to use the fall back transition...i could hit a button and switch right to that transition and so forth and so on..Is this possible and if so how

yes. you can save your presets, transitions, logos, text and qtz as presets. the presets can then be mapped to midi.

Also you may be able to switch the presets banks and pages (effects, transitions, logos, text, qtz) via midi, but i'm not sure. I'll check when i get home. If not, 1.6 will make pretty much everything midi mappable.
DjBoozie 8:19 PM - 3 February, 2011
i was just doing it..Thanks Dj Nyce..I've just fell in love with this program a lil more.
ta2423 9:02 PM - 3 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Lol do you always think about dildo's in the morning? Wipe the saliva off my chin. Doesnt your dick still hurt from last night?

You shold be banned from here!

Ha Ha Why? because your misquotes and brain are homo oriented.
Who the hell really does that out of the clear blue but someone with that sexual preference. You just marked yourself.
www.urbandictionary.com
jbnyc 9:53 PM - 3 February, 2011
lol i bet you didnt noticed the last misquote! hahaha
dpetree 12:51 AM - 4 February, 2011
Quote:
question about 1.6 version of me, can you split the screens on 1.6 ? so you can place them anywhere you want? that will be awesome =)

Yes
dpetree 12:52 AM - 4 February, 2011
From what i have heard.you can do that
jbnyc 1:28 AM - 4 February, 2011
sweet!!!
ta2423 2:17 AM - 4 February, 2011
Deja vu
Dj Ace 4:21 AM - 4 February, 2011
djcrap 5:12 PM - 4 February, 2011
well if serato doesn't want to drop pc then they should leave the current version for pc
and make a new separate version similar to me for mac only

with two separate versions the choice will be left to the user if they wanna buy a pc or a mac and use all the new features like those in me

that way the only thing that will limit you from using the features in vsl will depend on your wallet and how much you are will to invest on a laptop.
tomatoslice 10:57 PM - 5 February, 2011
Quote:

soooo you don't know for sure?? you have not personally seen it??

However...in the version i have, 16015, you can only move and resize the docks/windows.
to split the individual (3) video screens, if that 's what jbnyc is referring to, it's not possible. maybe if there is a newer beta you can but not the one i have.
Millz 11:03 PM - 5 February, 2011
incorrect
Millz 11:05 PM - 5 February, 2011
hmm now i think im losing my mind...maybe in a previous build it was able to split...unless im just looking in the wrong place ;s
Millz 11:05 PM - 5 February, 2011
tomato in preferences you can change it to split windows ;)
Millz 11:06 PM - 5 February, 2011
preferences/general/layout
DJCheLu 12:37 AM - 6 February, 2011
Quote:

On the new beta correct? Sweet cant wait
Millz 12:41 AM - 6 February, 2011
i duno :D
skinnyguy 4:50 AM - 6 February, 2011
i heard 1.6 supports flac
GRiNDBoX 10:19 PM - 6 February, 2011
good for u guys you got the beta of 1.6
Henry GQ 4:21 AM - 7 February, 2011
the vj community is small tight group. soit makes sense that the beta version(s) might be floating around. altho i think its in MEs best interest...
tomatoslice 10:55 AM - 7 February, 2011
Quote:

get the fkout?!? thank you!!

JUST checked it. works freaking great!!! thanks again...can ME get any more badass??
tomatoslice 11:01 AM - 7 February, 2011
Quote:

my previous statement is incorrect. you CAN split the 3 video windows apart.
ta2423 3:56 PM - 7 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

JUST checked it. works freaking great!!! thanks again...can ME get any more badass??

< learning new crap every day... Time to re- setup my realty.
Marine 8:05 PM - 7 February, 2011
Quote:
www.provantage.com

this is the one I bought. It works perfect. Im only using 2 of the 4 usb ports. Sonnet makes quality stuff.

I just got one in the mail today and the only way I can get it to work is to plug in a usb device to the express card and then insert into the macbook pro. Also if I try to insert something into one of the usb slots while the sonnet is plugged into the macbook pro it will not read. I tested on both my 17 inch macbook pros same thing. Is this normal? Thanks
Millz 8:20 PM - 7 February, 2011
its plug and play, I have a unibody mbp c2duo 17 inch and it works regardless if i have it inserted before or after boot up. Are you saying yours doesnt do that?
Millz 8:21 PM - 7 February, 2011
btw im using 2 of the ports for hid cdj connections, normally, but have tested on 4 cdj 2000s with it and it works flawlessly
Marine 8:37 PM - 7 February, 2011
I have two pre unibody macbook pros 17 inch and I wanted to use this for the cdj 2000's hid like your using instead of a powered hub. The only time it works is if i plug the cdj 2000's in to the sonnet card and then insert into the macbook pros. If I plug anything else in like my kontrol-x1 after inserting the card it will not read.
Millz 8:52 PM - 7 February, 2011
thats wierd, maybe you have a faulty one?
Marine 11:57 PM - 7 February, 2011
Thanks for your input Millz I'll send it back and have them send me another. Apple said the same thing.
Funkytownstopsix 8:41 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
...you can add 4 more usb ports, 2 firewire 800 ports etc on your mbps by simply buying a serial 34 card. I was using a usb hub to connect all the junk I got (CDJS via HID, etcetcetc)...and it was a wiring mess...now with this serial card, I dont have as many wires running in front of my rig.

can u post a link to the card u are using. thanks in advance
Funkytownstopsix 8:41 PM - 9 February, 2011
for 800
Millz 9:34 PM - 9 February, 2011
Marine, sometimes I have to unlatch the card and plug it right back in to get the cdjs to recognize. Not a big deal thou. Its the sonnet 34 card w/4 usb ports.
GRiNDBoX 12:19 PM - 10 February, 2011
is there any express card compatible for the pre unibody macbook pro... want to have more firewires and USB ports
tomatoslice 1:24 AM - 11 February, 2011
Quote:
is there any express card compatible for the pre unibody macbook pro... want to have more firewires and USB ports

ditto
carter 6:57 AM - 11 February, 2011
GRiNDBoX 11:27 AM - 11 February, 2011
Quote:
Try eshop.macsales.com

have u tried this one? thanks i need to find like this here in china...:)
carter 2:37 AM - 12 February, 2011
I have an Apiotek and a SiiG. I bought them both from OWC and they've both been flawless.
popnwave 10:36 AM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:
Try eshop.macsales.com

Oooh I was debating on picking up one from OWC with how happy their external aluminum FW800 made me. I do HATE needing a USB hub and that APIOTEK Express34 Quad USB 2.0 card looks tempting for the price.
GRiNDBoX 11:12 AM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Try eshop.macsales.com

Oooh I was debating on picking up one from OWC with how happy their external aluminum FW800 made me. I do HATE needing a USB hub and that APIOTEK Express34 Quad USB 2.0 card looks tempting for the price.

but still need a power right? so still the same use with a usb power hub...
popnwave 12:35 AM - 15 February, 2011
I won't be using and passively powered devices on it myself (ie no USB hdds). I will just use it to plug my CDJ-400s into for HID control and they have their own power so I should be set personally.

I went ahead and ordered one and I'll post my results.
Sticky K 8:40 PM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I have 1.5 and cant find this setting... and I have my glasses on :) Help?
Millz 8:46 PM - 18 February, 2011
its on 1.6 sorry sticky
DJ Dan-E 12:18 AM - 20 February, 2011
just get rosewill esata express card. works great, you can hook 2 esata drives up....quicker than the firewire.
DouggyFresh 1:18 AM - 20 February, 2011
Quote:
just get rosewill esata express card. works great, you can hook 2 esata drives up....quicker than the firewire.

And the enclosures are FAR cheaper than firewire..
GRiNDBoX 10:23 PM - 20 February, 2011
any links? want to change my firewire case coz its acting up on my old pre unibody MBP
DjBoozie 10:49 PM - 20 February, 2011
Quote:
any links? want to change my firewire case coz its acting up on my old pre unibody MBP

Google Rosewill esata express card and U'll find a bunch of links.. I did just to see what it was... and the one I seen was 29.99
GRiNDBoX 11:24 PM - 20 February, 2011
thanks..
xplycyt 4:55 PM - 24 February, 2011
ME 1.6 (release it already) and the new MBP's - oh baby! I won't be able to sleep for a while now! Glad I waited for the new MBP's to be released before upgrading.
dpetree 4:59 PM - 24 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

However...in the version i have, 16015, you can only move and resize the docks/windows.
to split the individual (3) video screens, if that 's what jbnyc is referring to, it's not possible. maybe if there is a newer beta you can but not the one i have.

Yea, it does do it...do you want to see a pic of it?
Funkytownstopsix 5:00 PM - 24 February, 2011
so on the mbp's which one are most of u getting.
Dj Nyce 8:24 PM - 24 February, 2011
new mbp's are wack. i'm sticking w/my late 2009 mbp.
mantronics 9:05 PM - 24 February, 2011
i have the 2.8 duel core 17 inch 4gb and love it.......im hugging it now
skinnyguy 9:08 PM - 24 February, 2011
Quote:

i hope that's all you do with it, physically...
dpetree 9:09 PM - 24 February, 2011
lol
nik39 9:35 PM - 24 February, 2011
Quote:

Why are they wack?
jbnyc 10:09 PM - 24 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Yea, it does do it...do you want to see a pic of it?

pics would be awesome!!! :)

Quote:

im not gonna front that shit made me laugh!! lol
GRiNDBoX 12:14 AM - 25 February, 2011
Quote:
ME 1.6 (release it already) and the new MBP's - oh baby! I won't be able to sleep for a while now! Glad I waited for the new MBP's to be released before upgrading.

are you sure that ME 1.6 has been released??? how come its not on the main page?
Henry GQ 12:39 AM - 25 February, 2011
i think he is saying "release it already" like... release it now damnit hahaha
GRiNDBoX 1:25 AM - 25 February, 2011
hahahaha...ok i was about to sleep when i read that comment..i suddenly check the ME site and now new release..lol sup Ezuap bro? :)
DjBoozie 2:05 AM - 25 February, 2011
Quote:
hahahaha...ok i was about to sleep when i read that comment..i suddenly check the ME site and now new release..lol sup Ezuap bro? :)

I rushed to the site when I read that as well....Guess we're all excited about the new update
Henry GQ 2:14 AM - 25 February, 2011
hahaha yeah man. alot of people r waiting. its gonna be exciting when it drops =]
Millz 2:29 AM - 25 February, 2011
booty mix of no hands @ www.crooklynclan.net

Thread Jack Mof0z
jbnyc 3:24 AM - 25 February, 2011
wtf
djnak 3:42 AM - 25 February, 2011
lol
djpuma_gemini 3:20 PM - 25 February, 2011
Jaws!!
Millz 3:40 PM - 25 February, 2011
lol that was a customer's request
tomatoslice 3:44 PM - 25 February, 2011
Quote:

below is an example of how small the the window can get.
i4.photobucket.com

my 2 setups.
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com
DjBoozie 4:23 PM - 25 February, 2011
LO Iii
Quote:
Quote:

below is an example of how small the the window can get.
i4.photobucket.com

my 2 setups.
i4.photobucket.com
i4.photobucket.com

That is so sweet. being able to split the screens and I like the way you have them completely out of the way
jbnyc 5:11 PM - 25 February, 2011
+1 ^^^^
ta2423 6:35 PM - 25 February, 2011
Excellent... Get to use up some of the empty space on the 17mbp.
DjBoozie 7:42 PM - 25 February, 2011
A question for you tester for 1.6: will the video efx have a bypass to toggle it on and off
skinnyguy 8:57 PM - 25 February, 2011
photoshop

j/k =P

awesome feature
fcprod1 9:35 PM - 25 February, 2011
cant wait for 1.6! Something so simple (split screen)we all gawk at! haha
djnak 9:38 PM - 25 February, 2011
No doubt......
Millz 9:40 PM - 25 February, 2011
i dont use the split screen, theres no reason the video needs to be even that big over the SSL GUI. I try and use a in booth monitor or tv close to the booth to reference transitions etc
Joshua Carl 9:43 PM - 25 February, 2011
Quote:
A question for you tester for 1.6: will the video efx have a bypass to toggle it on and off

I havent seen that one yet, nor have a seen a 2nd effect slot.
(both of these I mentioned when first coming over to ME...)
for now the way around a toggle is to map a 2nd button to NONE...
EG, in Effects preset, my 1 slot is NONE.
then I go back and forth with none + 2-10.
Impractical, but functional.
DjBoozie 10:44 PM - 25 February, 2011
LO
Quote:
Quote:

I havent seen that one yet, nor have a seen a 2nd effect slot.
(both of these I mentioned when first coming over to ME...)
for now the way around a toggle is to map a 2nd button to NONE...
EG, in Effects preset, my 1 slot is NONE.
then I go back and forth with none + 2-10.
Impractical, but functional.

You know that is actually a good idea. Never thought of that. Even if its not added. I do that
dpetree 11:56 PM - 25 February, 2011
Quote:
photoshop

j/k =P

awesome feature

Diffidently not Photoshop..i got pics on my facebook account too..thats the legit release
jbnyc 1:07 AM - 26 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

photoshop

j/k =P

awesome feature

Diffidently not Photoshop..i got pics on my facebook account too..thats the legit release
what part of "j/k =P" you didnt get?

lol j/k =P
Henry GQ 4:58 AM - 26 February, 2011
or....

www.facebook.com!/photo.php?fbid=10150168802706038&set=a.147863476037.143241.774811037&theater
Henry GQ 4:59 AM - 26 February, 2011
www.facebook.com!/photo.php?fbid=10150168802706038&set=at.147863476037.143241.774811037.100000594580206&theater
Henry GQ 4:59 AM - 26 February, 2011
shit... lol
Henry GQ 5:02 AM - 26 February, 2011
jbnyc 5:03 AM - 26 February, 2011
yeyyy you did it!!! lol

holy crap!! you can also make'em see thru?? awesome!!!
skinnyguy 5:36 AM - 26 February, 2011
holy crap! how did his fonts get so huge?
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:37 AM - 26 February, 2011
Damn - shit looks very sweet- wonder if System Requirements went up?
GRiNDBoX 10:56 AM - 26 February, 2011
hehehe nice GQ!!! cant wait for tHe 1.6
DjBoozie 1:46 PM - 26 February, 2011
Quote:
holy crap! how did his fonts get so I think ihuge?

You can do that in serato...ctrl (+) + or - will increase or decrease font size
ta2423 8:39 PM - 26 February, 2011
Quote:
yeyyy you did it!!! lol

Thats a preference now.
skinnyguy 11:10 PM - 26 February, 2011
pretty sure you could control opacity in ME for a while now
tomatoslice 12:27 AM - 27 February, 2011
Quote:

oh, i forgot about that. think i will go back to the drawing board.
you can do it with the current release too.
tomatoslice 12:27 AM - 27 February, 2011
Quote:
pretty sure you could control opacity in ME for a while now

yes
DJ Komodo 10:20 PM - 2 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Why are they wack?

Because in order to connect to the TTM 57 you need you boot the new MBP in 32 gigs instead of 64, it took me a while to search the treads for this this weekend.
DJ Komodo 10:22 PM - 2 March, 2011
There are a lot of threads here about ME vs VSL

Can someone give me a rundown? I'm currently using VSL with my 57, but i'm thinking about making the switch to ME.

Is ME really that much better than VSL?
Res-Q 10:43 PM - 2 March, 2011
try the demo and see for yourself
tomatoslice 10:43 PM - 2 March, 2011
Quote:

ME is not just "really that much better than VSL"...it is REALLY THAT much better than vsl.
there is a HUGE difference. i went ME 2 years ago and have yet to see even one thing VSL has added that make me even consider using it again.

the new MEcoming out is freaking just...just...AWESOME!!

there is far tooooo much to list that makes ME awesome.
to get a run down start at the top of this thread.
ta2423 10:54 PM - 2 March, 2011
^ Lol, I forgot what vsl even looks like.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Why are they wack?

Because in order to connect to the TTM 57 you need you boot the new MBP in 32 gigs instead of 64, it took me a while to search the treads for this this weekend.

Never had this problem here... Weird
jbnyc 11:13 PM - 2 March, 2011
i think that problem is only with the very new feb 2011 MBP
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 1:13 AM - 3 March, 2011
Quote:

That should be 32 bit instead of 64 bit - isn't there a keyboard combo @ startup that lets u decide when U boot up.

A couple keystrokes doesn't seem that bad....
dj_smalls 1:07 AM - 4 March, 2011
hey im new to ME!! can anyone tell me how to keep ME in front of serato at all times!! everytime i hit serato ME moves to the back!!! thanx
Henry GQ 1:11 AM - 4 March, 2011
theres a "pin" button at the right corner of the mix emergency window
DJCheLu 6:37 AM - 4 March, 2011
I have actually been setting what i need and making ME go to the background and not touch it anymore. Im really liking the basic serato layout with no video stuff in my way :)
ta2423 6:41 AM - 4 March, 2011
As stated above you can make it transparent so you see both.
Quote:
Quote:

yeyyy you did it!!! lol

Thats a preference now.
djnak 11:08 PM - 4 March, 2011
Quote:

Yes Yes And YES
DjBoozie 12:23 AM - 5 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Yes Yes And YES

And Yes...Did I add Yes
fcprod1 12:59 AM - 5 March, 2011
and another YES
ta2423 1:29 AM - 5 March, 2011
And one no. ME is a gimmick,just a trick I say...
DjBoozie 1:38 AM - 5 March, 2011
Quote:
And one no. ME is a gimmick,just a trick I say...

u got to be joking right
ta2423 1:39 AM - 5 March, 2011
LOL... If I had to pay a monthly fee to use it I would.
DjBoozie 1:40 AM - 5 March, 2011
Thank god.. U had me fooled big time
ta2423 7:29 PM - 5 March, 2011
What gets me is when I walk into venues and they are using vsl... Cmon already, do your homework... Then again they are also rocking pc's.
I dont get it. If you are spinning serato and making money. Take that money and get a mac.
Niro 7:35 PM - 5 March, 2011
Is anyone using ME with the 68?
Res-Q 7:36 PM - 5 March, 2011
me
Henry GQ 7:50 PM - 5 March, 2011
Quote:
Is anyone using ME with the 68?

meeeeeeeeeeee
ta2423 7:54 PM - 5 March, 2011
I hate both of you... I should sell my 57's and get a 68. But I hate selling my gear so I will have to just wait and by then there will be a rane 69 just in time.
Henry GQ 7:54 PM - 5 March, 2011
all i gotta say is if they come out with the 57 with the cue buttons onthe side. kiss my 68 goodbye..
jbnyc 8:10 PM - 5 March, 2011
Quote:
all i gotta say is if they come out with the 57 with the cue buttons onthe side. kiss my 68 goodbye..

why? what dont you like from your 68?
Niro 8:21 PM - 5 March, 2011
Are you guys mapping the different transitions to the 68 or are you using them manually.
Res-Q 10:22 PM - 5 March, 2011
tranz are on auto for me, I only choose the ones I like best. I just start me and leave it be, unless I wanna change a text or if I dont like the next tranz comin' up.
Henry GQ 10:43 PM - 5 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

i really dont need a four channel mixer..
and i dont need to efx on the mixer itself, they are not that great..
so basically i could use the internal efx..
ta2423 12:43 AM - 6 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

i really dont need a four channel mixer..
and i dont need to efx on the mixer itself, they are not that great..
so basically i could use the internal efx..

So if I glue some dicers to the side and put a rane 69 sticker on it you will trade?
Henry GQ 1:14 AM - 6 March, 2011
lol
Kepik 8:20 AM - 6 March, 2011
just bought my copy of ME! I decided its time to step up my repertoire!
DjBoozie 2:10 PM - 6 March, 2011
Quote:
just bought my copy of ME! I decided its time to step up my repertoire!

And By doing that you just have...Welcome to thr wonderful world of REAL VIDEO MIXING
mantronics 11:33 PM - 6 March, 2011
ditto
Kepik 2:50 AM - 7 March, 2011
only problem is...my 2008 white macbook doesn't cut it... -__-
DjBoozie 2:59 AM - 7 March, 2011
Quote:
only problem is...my 2008 white macbook doesn't cut it... -__-

time for an upgrade
Kepik 3:01 AM - 7 March, 2011
Quote:

time for an upgrade

indeed!

I'm debating between the latest MBP or something prior.
DjBoozie 3:07 AM - 7 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

time for an upgrade

indeed!

I've only heard but the new mac aren't working correctly.. I got 2007 and it works like a beast and I only paid 600 on craigslist
jbnyc 3:20 AM - 7 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

time for an upgrade

indeed!

I've only heard but the new mac aren't working correctly.. I got 2007 and it works like a beast and I only paid 600 on craigslist

really?? what are the specs on that beast?
DjBoozie 7:00 AM - 7 March, 2011
2.33 ghz 160hd..and so forth and so on...and every since i got it i have have no problems what so ever...even VSL....
Funkytownstopsix 5:16 PM - 7 March, 2011
damn that's the one before I got mine... U can find those all over the net really cheap. I think with it has the ati graphics card in it. I got the pre unibody... no issues with it. would buy another with same specs...
DjBoozie 5:52 PM - 7 March, 2011
I just dropped a 2 gigs stick in it the other day to bring it up to 3 gigs of ddrs sdram.. The graphic card is a radeon x 1600 with 256 mb. I haven't had to change a thing with this yet.. I love it..Wouldn't trade it for all the rice and tea in china
Marine 6:00 PM - 7 March, 2011
I have three macbook pros two are the 2007 model 2.5 ghz intel core 2 duo with 4 gb memory nvidia 8600 gt graphics cards and I like them better than my 2011 macbook pro. The main reason is my 2007 pre unibody models can use a dvi to composite svideo adapter and that's it and I also have no problem using with the bridge and me at the same time. My new Mac neads a minidisplay port to vga and then convertor which sucks. I wish the new macs had the dvi out instead of mini display port
Culprit 6:04 PM - 7 March, 2011
I love that split window feature slice posted. Going to make that purchase at the end of the month. Good job mix emergency.
jbnyc 6:47 PM - 7 March, 2011
Quote:
2.33 ghz 160hd..and so forth and so on...and every since i got it i have have no problems what so ever...even VSL....

Cool! I will look for a late 2007 early 2008 MBP for a backup,my mid 2008 macbook is getting tired,dont know wnen is gonna crap on the bed..
DjBoozie 7:33 PM - 7 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Cool! I will look for a late 2007 early 2008 MBP for a backup,my mid 2008 macbook is getting tired,dont know wnen is gonna crap on the bed..

If u fine one..You'll be glad u did
Kepik 9:51 PM - 7 March, 2011
after much research, I think I'll skip on getting the latest MBP. The Thunderbolt port is still relatively new so any external hard drives that utilize this will definitely be $$$. I saw LaCie just announced a Thunderbolt hard drive.

Plus, I can deal with the current speeds of copying music videos.
xplycyt 10:27 PM - 8 March, 2011
yeah boi!!!

www.inklen.com
DjBoozie 10:30 PM - 8 March, 2011
Yes sir.. Mix Emergency 1.6 is out..And already downloaded on my system
mantronics 11:03 PM - 8 March, 2011
yea......everyday of checking paid off..wow..NOW ITS ON BABY
fcprod1 11:04 PM - 8 March, 2011
yessss!
jbnyc 11:09 PM - 8 March, 2011
Sweet!
ta2423 11:10 PM - 8 March, 2011
Excellent, something new to tweak with... Always a plus.
Culprit 11:11 PM - 8 March, 2011
perfect timing :)
Henry GQ 11:13 PM - 8 March, 2011
yeah and its my bday =]
not bad of a present.
ta2423 12:12 AM - 9 March, 2011
Split screens.... I like
fcprod1 1:19 AM - 9 March, 2011
funny that there are 3 different posts for ME in the Serato furms. Hardly any in the ME forums. Just sayin.
Dj Nyce 1:20 AM - 9 March, 2011
can we start a new thread...Mix Emergency 1.6 or something?
Henry GQ 1:20 AM - 9 March, 2011
lol. i was thinking the same.
Henry GQ 1:20 AM - 9 March, 2011
i think there is one nyce
GRiNDBoX 1:28 AM - 9 March, 2011
where?
DjBoozie 1:39 AM - 9 March, 2011
Quote:
can we start a new thread...Mix Emergency 1.6 or something?

serato.com
You mean like this one
Culprit 1:40 AM - 9 March, 2011
we can close this one out then?
DjBoozie 1:52 AM - 9 March, 2011
<--------------- will Post all new comment in the new thread...Who coming with me ?
GRiNDBoX 4:22 AM - 9 March, 2011
which one?
DjBoozie 9:15 AM - 9 March, 2011
Quote:
which one?

I see u found it.. Good Job!!!!!!!!!!!
GRiNDBoX 10:19 AM - 9 March, 2011
Lol too many threads
DJCrank 9:56 PM - 31 March, 2011
Quote:

i71.photobucket.com

What is that pics of in those little squares on the right hand side?
DjBoozie 10:22 PM - 31 March, 2011
That looks like the out put window
skinnyguy 1:19 AM - 1 April, 2011
cam feeds of people he's spying on and other cable channels he's watching to kill time on a boring night.

....or screencaps of what's in his clip bank

i can't remember..
Eduardo Serrano 5:14 PM - 1 October, 2011
This is my layout with Mix Emergency version 1.7.2 on a 17" MBP

s267.photobucket.com
jbnyc 5:38 PM - 1 October, 2011
I didnt even know 1.7.2 was out lol

Nice layout but on a 17" you can pretty much set anything anywhere hehe
tomatoslice 8:36 PM - 1 October, 2011
oh that is a great layout. need to try that one.
jaym12 10:51 AM - 20 July, 2022
Nice Layout bro. Keep it up.
www.allhdd.com