DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Serato haters out there

Raw 1:16 AM - 26 December, 2006
How do u guys feel about other djs hating on Serato djs? I hear a lot of bad comments about us serato djs. I feel if the music ure playing comes out nicely then it's cool whether u use reg records or SL stuff.
DJJOHNNYM 1:20 AM - 26 December, 2006
Actually, I don't see how you would be able to survive in the next 2 years or so without some type of CD or laptop setup in your DJ system.
papsworth 2:58 AM - 26 December, 2006
yeah seriously... the ones who dont get up on some sort of digital solution are already getting left behind. and thats a fact. besides i could give two shits some douchebag who wants to hate.
DJ Michael Basic 3:34 AM - 26 December, 2006
Especially for mobile stuff...I can't imagine going to a mobile gig now adays with CDs or Records. Customers are so demanding, if you don't have one of their requests they get bitchy. I go to gigs with 40,000 tracks and still sometimes I don't have a request or two. At the clubs I don't care, but for a mobile, if someone is paying me $1000+ I want to have every song they want. Try carrying 40,000 tracks on CD.
Raw 5:56 AM - 26 December, 2006
i agree. Serato is the illest invention!
Crickett 9:17 AM - 26 December, 2006
There are lots of haters out there...I get it all the time...Just smile, Play some hot shit, Get paid and go home...

And be HAPPY!

Because your using the hottest $hit around.. :-)
HittinSkinzTa2 9:38 AM - 26 December, 2006
lololololol @ d:raf
ekalb 11:44 AM - 26 December, 2006
they will come around when they get tired of paying $2.50 a gallon for gas look for a record shops (that is slowly closing down) or when they have to buy two 12" records because you can't play side 1 and 2 at the same time

Ya'll feel me!
ekalb 11:50 AM - 26 December, 2006
don't get me wrong there nothing wrong with digging for record (especially rare ones) it just buying 2 of them
Jay-R 2:49 PM - 26 December, 2006
i use serato, but i still bring vinyl to clubs as a back up and for those records that i just have to use on regular wax.

lots of people hate on serato cause they can't afford it. serato is not cheap.
BUTCH 4:24 PM - 26 December, 2006
they just hating cuz they're carrying their 20 crates of doubles with like 15 songs in the crate when we carry a backback with our whole life collection of music!!! and i have to say, whoever doesn't wanna get onto serato or any other digital application is crazy.
1. why not try something new?
2. just b/c you have serato it doesn't make you a better dj, if you suck you suck, your good your good.
3. for my mobile guys, who really has room for 5-6 crates of records when you have speakers/amps and lights to worry about.

c'mon, it's like saying i wanna use beta max instead of the dvd player.
clore46 7:40 PM - 26 December, 2006
Well i just came over from VDJ 4.0 and so far i am hooked on serato. Especially the Vinyl control. It is far superior. I use CDJ's on the road. Not as much of a difference with TCCD. TCCD works about the same. But i will be using Serato from now on.
sixxx 3:43 AM - 27 December, 2006
No matter what you use, there will always be someone who hates what you're doing and how you're doing it. I say do what makes you happy with what you can afford and keep grindin'.
DJMark 6:54 AM - 27 December, 2006
Human nature seems to be to hate what is not understood.

I seriously wish the species would evolve beyond this, it would solve a very large number of problems...some of which are considerably more important than the means of sound reproduction used by DJ's.
sixxx 7:16 AM - 27 December, 2006
Human nature is a "hottie". hahaha
Dj onyx 7:22 AM - 27 December, 2006
Forget about the haters out there and just do your own thing. I have been thru with four different set up and serato is by far superior when it comes to gig. I can easily rock the crowd without much pressure. For example the person who hired me want's to hear a certain song, bam! There you have it. Unlike a crates of records and cd's it will take some time to find that silly song and you still have to worry about the song your playing when it's ending.
That Guy 1 9:57 AM - 27 December, 2006
Ask Borat.
DJ Upperkuts 10:15 PM - 27 December, 2006
Since 95 i was praying for a product like Serato... Let em h8 They on some Caveman type shit.
ejayian 7:40 AM - 28 December, 2006
I think being a hater has a lot to do with the fact that they dont trust computers, How many of you have never had a computer crash in your life? Factor that into doing a live gig & it scares the shit out of you.
DJ_Motion 7:46 AM - 29 December, 2006
Here is a prime example...

h**p://bulletin.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=bulletin.read&message
ID=2337622210&Mytoken=4156F5E1-39C3-4EB7-8AEA1F50123F421E23755814

tt=**
DJ_Motion 7:50 AM - 29 December, 2006
didn't work but here's the title of the post on myspace.

"Laptops, CD's, mp3's"

here is the body of the post

"3 things you won't see the dj's using tonight! A night for people who still care about dj's using real skills... Check it out... Be sure to come out to the only 80's weekly in OKC, "Enjoy the Silence" @ Venu in Bricktown. Plus a special set of early 90's tonight as well from the BRB's aka The Blasphemous Rumor Boys... "

this guy trys to downgrade serato dj's to try and promote himself... it's so sickening....
Pete Moss 10:28 AM - 29 December, 2006
If they want to hate on me for using Serato, I'll hate on them while I'm at the big clubs and they're at the roller skating rinks and bowling alleys because the club owners like to see us progress with technology just as they do with the clubs own sound equipment.
DJ Jinnai 11:24 AM - 29 December, 2006
Funny how I get haters that spin music genres that I don't play.

How I love Serato.
Dj onyx 7:53 PM - 29 December, 2006
If he is really a talented DJ then he should go for the DMC battle to be promoted not for DJ's on a gig. This is like orange and apple, we play on a gig to get paid and make the crowd happy, probably a little bit of show. Other wise people will just stare at you and what heck he's doing. Now if you are talking about mad skills that's turntablism not entertainment to all people.

Vynil is very good but with the cost of buying records and keep your playlist up to date makes you a poor DJ. Specially to those whho are starting this mobile type DJ, like me would cost a lot of money and back breaker. On the set a good DJ will make those poeple that hired him really happy and will get compliment from them. This is where a real DJ apply, since any one can say I'm a DJ but does he have the skills.

Skills, hmmm! Yeah! scratching, crab, one click, two click flare and so on. But doesn't know how to make the crowd go wild. Now if you got both talent more power to yah. Not to disrespect those haters out there just a wake up call not to disrespect other DJ's. Peace out...
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 9:45 PM - 1 January, 2007
it's just a matter of time.
DJJOHNNYM 9:53 PM - 1 January, 2007
Quote:
Vynil is very good but with the cost of buying records and keep your playlist up to date makes you a poor DJ. Specially to those whho are starting this mobile type DJ, like me would cost a lot of money and back breaker.

Since I'm from the "Ole' Skool", I will say that the above statement was EXACTLY what prevented Microwave DJ's for popping up for so long. A real DJ, or someone who WANTED to be a real DJ had NO PROBLEM with spending money on records, and doing the backbreaking work of carrying crates. That's what separated us from the cats that weren't really committed to the craft. Sometimes you had to gamble and buy a song that MIGHT move the crowd, if not, well, just improve your ability to recognize good music before it becomes popular. Now that the backbreaking work of carrying crates is almost extinct, and the even HARDER ability to find both RARE and SPANKING NEW cuts has been reduced to using the "Search" feature in KAZAA.....the game is all fucked up now. Now to stand out, your skills need to shine, you no longer can rely on how "LEGIT" you look.
Thundercat 12:35 AM - 2 January, 2007
Quote:
Now to stand out, your skills need to shine, you no longer can rely on how "LEGIT" you look.

Bingo. The old school DJ's that fear this technology the most (with a few exceptions) are the ones that got hot and then got lazy. How many times have you seen some big name DJ play out or on a mix show and all you can think is: is somebody actually paying this m-f to spin like that ON THE RADIO?!?! It's not like it used to be when I used to stay up and tape The Latin Rascals or Chuck Chillout. They pushed the envelope. Now it's the same 3 scratches, same off beat backspins all show long. Oh, and an air horn or explosion.

It won't be long beofre it goes from "wow, he still uses real vinyl" to "damn, he's still carrying crates 'n shit"
DJJOHNNYM 1:07 AM - 2 January, 2007
Man, no offense but Chuck Chillout was the WORST. lol. Much props to him for 2, 3, Break and HipHop on Wax, but man, your skills are supposed to improve over time....or at least get to a point where you sound professional.

I remember when Funk Master Flex was the absolute WORST on Radio, shit skipping, and him coming on the air apologizing, like "SORRY"....

He did improve over time, and I'm one to talk because I tried to put together an old skool joint the other night and was shocked into reality of how much you may loose if you don't stay on it.

So, after making some adjustements, turntable cleaning and recalibrating, I am starting to get back on track.

Don't get me wrong, I've always had PARTY ROCK skills, but with "SIMPLER CROWDS", you don't have to do much to impress, except drop joints at the right time.

My CUTTING SPEED needed tweaking really badly for like 4 hours...So now I'm gonna stay on my grind, cuz you won't see me not being able to maintain a solid backspin and transform that kept me on top....

Thunda, I'll be in the area during the week, so get ready to kick me out man...lol.

I do believe my Radio Shack fader has seen the last of it's days.
Gumby 1:07 AM - 2 January, 2007
Hey Guys, Happy Newyear!

Speaking of this topic, I was doing a one off gig at this bar in Toronto. Worst NIGHT of my life. I was constantly harrased by the bartenders to play house while the promotors wanted more of a top40/hip-hop/R&b/house feel to it.

I got into an argument with one of the bartenders and he was telling me I wasn't a real DJ cause I was using a laptop. So frustrating!! He was complaining about the music not being loud enough and that something was wrong with my laptop and the connection was loose. I'm sure you might be higher output with pure CD's or Vinyl but I tried to explain to him most DJ's will use Serato or other forms of digital music. Anyway this continued all night long. Don't plan on working for those promotors ever again cause they did nothing to back me up or help the situation.

Has anyone had that sort of hating done to them? It is impossible to please everyone. But I'm not there to please the bartenders. I'm there for the crowd. Ironically I did a gig on Friday night and the owner of the club was really impressed and happy with the job I did.

Cheers,
Faze
Thundercat 1:31 AM - 2 January, 2007
Quote:
I tried to put together an old skool joint the other night and was shocked into reality of how much you may loose if you don't stay on it.

So, after making some adjustements, turntable cleaning and recalibrating, I am starting to get back on track.

Don't get me wrong, I've always had PARTY ROCK skills, but with "SIMPLER CROWDS", you don't have to do much to impress, except drop joints at the right time.

My CUTTING SPEED needed tweaking really badly for like 4 hours...So now I'm gonna stay on my grind, cuz you won't see me not being able to maintain a solid backspin and transform that kept me on top

In my office here at home is where I keep my 12's set up. If I am not working on a set for a mixtape, Pump Me Up & Superduckbreaks stays cued up so I can scratch a few minutes every commercial break from whatever program I am watching. As a dad, you know like I do there is no way you can just practice for hours without interruption. So I get it in when I can. Chirp, flare, juggle, rinse, repeat...I'm not trying to be a DMC champ, I just want to stay crisp and clean.
DJJOHNNYM 7:41 AM - 2 January, 2007
Man, Pump Me Up and I were having problems for a minute....but we worked it out...lol. I'm still a little mad at "Rock The Bells", it did me dirty the other night..."Good Times" even tried to flex a little bit, but I added one of those strips to the inner circle, and really let it know who's boss up in hurr...

I actually had to sit and talk to a few of those joints for a minute...LMAO.
Thundercat 9:11 AM - 2 January, 2007
Heh. My rock the bells are all jacked up but still playable. There is crazy glue residue in the runout grooves.

Well Harry, why in the world is there krazy glue residue in the runout grooves of your Rock The Bells? Please tell...

OK, sure. I had a bright idea. The end of one of my battle routines ended with juggling Rock The Bells. On top of those singles I glued old 45's. On the 45's I glued circles of felt. I doused the felt with lighter fluid...NOW THAT'S A FIRE!

I did this once. Not nearly as spectacular as I would have liked. I won the battle, but that little stunt would never be attempted again. So I guess you could call the damage 'battle scars'.
Mr. Goodkat 7:20 PM - 2 January, 2007
I got hated on the other nite at a friend of mines club. Its a huge latin club with a
VIP that was rented out for private party. Some guy comes up and introduces himself, tells me hes a dj, and that he has a residency at some 2 bit bar that holds may be 50 people tops, and no one in Dallas goes too. Anyway, he tell my club owner friend(who tried to learn how to dj on serato, but gave up) that I'm not really a dj, cuz i don't use "real" vinyl, and the computer beatmatches all the songs. My friend looked at him and told him he didn't know what the fuck he was talking about and to get the out of his face. That was priceless.
DJJOHNNYM 8:17 PM - 2 January, 2007
Quote:
Heh. My rock the bells are all jacked up but still playable. There is crazy glue residue in the runout grooves.

Well Harry, why in the world is there krazy glue residue in the runout grooves of your Rock The Bells? Please tell...

OK, sure. I had a bright idea. The end of one of my battle routines ended with juggling Rock The Bells. On top of those singles I glued old 45's. On the 45's I glued circles of felt. I doused the felt with lighter fluid...NOW THAT'S A FIRE!

I did this once. Not nearly as spectacular as I would have liked. I won the battle, but that little stunt would never be attempted again. So I guess you could call the damage 'battle scars'.

See? That's why I'd always have SOMEBODY ELSE bring an extra set of 12's to a battle, cuz NONE OF YOU CRAZY MO-FO'S were gonna be settin' MY SHIT up in flames...FUK DAT.
Big Tony 9:36 PM - 2 January, 2007
Well hello to y'all.

Just ignore the haters - they will always be around. I started out in the late 80's and I have been encountered with all the types of playa hating fools. The funny part is that those who used hating, are still full time losers today.

About the trancision to Serato, is just a natural part of progress. Even I had my doubts (never hating though) about two years ago when my buddy WillRock got his SSL. SInce then I have been making mental list of pros and cons about SSL vs. Vinyl.

In the end I didn't have s single negative point that could prevent me from buying SSL. Now after a couple of gigs with SSL only I feel like I am in paradise. No more packing/unpacking of heavy vinylstacks. No more once in the month clean up and sorting the packs of vinyl on the floor back into the shelves. No more extra fees when flying to gigs all around Sweden. And after 20 years of constant luggin around crates, cases, bags (I have tried them all haha) I can finally ease the pressure of my poor back. What I relief. :)

So let the haters hate, and you keep on spinning the wheels of steel. It's all about the music in the end - nothing else matters.

Happy New Year from a SSL-noobie...
AmphetaMarinE 7:40 AM - 3 January, 2007
Quote:

By the way all you pc users sucks.... lol apple b**ch....

LMAO!!!
And in a thread about haters too!!!
Dude.. the funniest comment yet considering the thread :)
marknonsense1 11:04 AM - 3 January, 2007
You guys are killing me....lol people will always hate what they can't buy!!!!!! Just say, look baby baller on fridays.... take sometime to look for a better job cuz DJing cost money and if you can't buy serato then you can't DJ... sorry...

By the way all you pc users sucks.... lol apple b**ch....

myspace.com/djmarknonsense1
the ruckazoid 4:53 PM - 31 January, 2007
thats funny

im the ruckazoid

and ill serve all of you djs speakin this pro serato nonsense

not on no hater shit, but on some factual shit

people who use serato, will never have the ability to do half of what i do
George Tunee 6:03 PM - 31 January, 2007
show me

i'll gladly change a real life bitch into a digital bitch if it feels the same and doesn't wear out
Pete Moss 6:22 PM - 31 January, 2007
Quote:
thats funny

im the ruckazoid

Serato doesn't make you better or worse, that's your own job. Your just another I'm better than you 'DJ' that prances in here once in a while. You can hide behnd a forum because we can't actually see you; no one cares who you are!!

A DJ with skills generally isn't the kind of a--hole who needs to impress his greatness on other DJs. This alone tells me that you probably suck. I have never seen a kick-ass DJ act so condescending.

But, I don't want to judge; I want to see you in action...Are you going to be at the roller skating rink or the bowling alley this Friday?
tig ol' bitties 6:27 PM - 31 January, 2007
yeah Ruck...read this...

www.scratchlive.net

its called being humble and with that comes respect...
tig ol' bitties 6:27 PM - 31 January, 2007
Just go down to AM's post...
DJ Jean Verano 6:30 PM - 31 January, 2007
Quote:
A DJ with skills generally isn't the kind of a--hole who needs to impress his greatness on other DJs. This alone tells me that you probably suck. I have never seen a kick-ass DJ act so condescending.

word man
Rob - Low 6:45 PM - 31 January, 2007
Just like the police......FUCK THE HATERS!!!!!!!
CMOS 7:00 PM - 31 January, 2007
Quote:
thats funny

im the ruckazoid

So you will serve these guys?

Mixmaster Mike
Jazzy Jeff
JBoogie
The 45 King
Dj AM
Enferno

????? All those guys suck because the user serato? Someone needs a smack.
Dj Metro 7:23 PM - 31 January, 2007
u got skills rucazoid..or r u talking shit.......dogs that bark dont bite......
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 7:34 PM - 31 January, 2007
do i smell a battle brewing ?
Dax 7:42 PM - 31 January, 2007
Quote:
thats funny

im the ruckazoid

FOOL!
MC Sh*t Head 8:02 PM - 31 January, 2007
Quote:
thats funny

im the ruckazoid

i actually agree with em
DJ CISCO 8:06 PM - 31 January, 2007
So I was checking my email and I got a flyer for a F@ck Serato party sponsored by Torque. Funny thing is, this promoter used to book me and a few of my friends who all use serato.. what a loser!
scotty B 8:17 PM - 31 January, 2007
Wow. That is pretty Low on M-Audio's part. (IMHO) There is no need for that....
tig ol' bitties 8:24 PM - 31 January, 2007
Quote:
Wow. That is pretty Low on M-Audio's part. (IMHO) There is no need for that....

just proving how wack they are.
Konix 8:32 PM - 31 January, 2007
Quote:
So I was checking my email and I got a flyer for a F@ck Serato party sponsored by Torque. Funny thing is, this promoter used to book me and a few of my friends who all use serato.. what a loser!

Could you please forward that email to me, I have to see this. Or post a pic if you can.
scotty B 8:33 PM - 31 January, 2007
Ya Post a pic
Thundercat 8:49 PM - 31 January, 2007
Quote:

Ain't that kinda like Gemini throwing a F@ck Technics party? Aaaw, isn't that cute.
scotty B 9:06 PM - 31 January, 2007
It's like the not so hot girl talkin ish on the Hot girl....

Torq is insecure about there product. End of Story. While the M-Audio Staff is busy bashing others ...Rane is making SSL stronger.
Crickett 11:35 PM - 31 January, 2007
Man im tired of all this "HATING" bullshit...
What ever happened to everyone respecting what you sounded like?

I mean what the fuck...

I don't care if you mix with cassette tapes or 8 tracks..
If you can throw?...Then you have power...

I get hated on all the time, Especially from hip hop DJ's...
And of couse after I spin?? Whoa Crick, you snapped...
How'd you do all that shit...

It comes down to having to prove yourself again..I've been doing this for 15 years...I started with house and have evolved to lots of different genre's of Music.

Serrato has given me another tool to perfom, Just like a turntable or a CDJ did.
I'm now doing some producing and I find serrato is a natural extension of what I do in my studio..

Here's the problem with this industry, Everyone hates on everyboy else...I've worked with lots of DJ's over the years..lots with big egos, And some cats that are cool as hell-

We all have type "A" personalities..We are all performers...Bottom line..Show some proffesionalism and play.

Would an acoustic guitar player hate on a guy playing an electric guitar? NO.

Save the bullshit..I'm doing what I love and making a little money doing it...Everyone should try and remember why all started DJ'ing in the first place..The love of music..

Sorry for the long post...
I'm just tired of all the negative vibing here..
Pete Moss 11:57 PM - 31 January, 2007
^^^Bravo!
HittinSkinzTa2 12:32 AM - 1 February, 2007
Quote:
^^^Bravo!

I second that.
Very well said Crickett.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 4:07 AM - 1 February, 2007
this is turning into a free for all mosh pit complete with sharks and pirranhah
Monk-A 9:54 AM - 1 February, 2007
Quote:

oh, he's got MAD skills alright!
DJ Jinnai 10:01 AM - 1 February, 2007
Quote:
thats funny

im the ruckazoid

To the tick tock and you don't stop
To the tick tick ya don't... hit it!
Dj onyx 12:40 PM - 1 February, 2007
Quote:
thats funny

im the ruckazoid

I agree, because I don't carry any of my record crates and that's a fact. LOL.
Thundercat 12:48 PM - 1 February, 2007
Quote:
this is turning into a free for all mosh pit complete with sharks and pirranhah

Joo wanna se a donkey show?
Crickett 5:10 PM - 1 February, 2007
Crickett says..(In the 3rd person) Me likes the Donkey show!!
But no likey sharks and little fishies with teeth..
scotty B 5:18 PM - 1 February, 2007
I HATE SERATO! I get home from work, drop my ish at the door and get pulled in by it's gravitaional forces every day! LOL
DJ Jinnai 8:37 PM - 1 February, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
thats funny

im the ruckazoid

Ow my back.
Sharod 7:59 AM - 2 February, 2007
I think he's getting a check under the table from Final Scratch or Mix Vibes. Serato Team, you should ban him. He's trying to steal your customers.
Plus he says he hates digital (the ruckazoid) but he sales cds.

www.turntablelab.com

Oh I get it, He's promoting himself.
Pete Moss 8:38 PM - 2 February, 2007
^^^ditto
shiestO! 9:39 PM - 2 February, 2007
i'm the shiestO! you don't see me goin into "vinyl purist" forums sayin vinyl sucks... if we bother you leave us alone. :)
DJ Jinnai 9:16 AM - 3 February, 2007
DJs must advance. Our real competition is those damn alien DJs from outer space! They Skratch with their minds! :O
That Guy 1 9:34 AM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:
i'm the shiestO! you don't see me goin into "vinyl purist" forums sayin vinyl sucks... if we bother you leave us alone. :)

How many "vinyl purist" forums are there? I'd like a good laugh, please.
distract 11:22 AM - 3 February, 2007
serato and djing= easy money

''why on earth would you do it if it ain't for the money? you must be some kind of knucklehead.''

daym, i need to start djing, get serato, that shits sooo simple chaching$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
being a dj is the element where the money is at plus its the easiest out of all the hip hop elements. yea son yea. No hardcore creativity needed, but wait??? why should i get paid for playing music thats not even mine? Is that talent? Do I actually hold a hip hop element or am i simply making money off it.

I have come to a conclusion, dj's are easy money (espeacially easy now with serato) making bastards. I too am tempted to become a money making bastard. Hail Serato and gods that make people want to listen to songs they are familiar(music construction wise) with so we don't have trouble finding out what they want to hear.
distract 11:30 AM - 3 February, 2007
oh yea one think about serato, that shit can't keep up with my hands when cutting, even at the highest setting, only flaw. but fuck it, with the money i'll be making off of other people's music, ill be able to buy a controller one (cuz i like making at with turntables)
distract 11:30 AM - 3 February, 2007
art*
distract 11:35 AM - 3 February, 2007
$ $$$
$ $ $
$ $ $
$ $ $$ '$ are the masters of money making IMO
distract 11:35 AM - 3 February, 2007
dj's ^^
distract 11:36 AM - 3 February, 2007
thank you serato, I love you
distract 11:42 AM - 3 February, 2007
Smart people shouldn't pay dj's tons of money for doing sumthing relatively kick back, thats crazy since people can be so ignorant on how much work is involved, especially now that we have serato. thank goodness for the ignorant.
distract 11:48 AM - 3 February, 2007
serato=$$$$ but too much money is selfish unless you are givin it to the poor. you can easily make so much money djing, especially with the ease of serato. Dj's with good hearts donate money to the poor. fuck that, i don't wanna be a dj no more. I don't want that guilt.
distract 11:50 AM - 3 February, 2007
but serio holmes, fuck serator haters
distract 11:54 AM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:
There are lots of haters out there...I get it all the time...Just smile, Play some hot shit, Get paid and go home...

And be HAPPY!

Because your using the hottest $hit around.. :-)

thats whats it all about. Djin aint not hip hop element cuz, its about the $$$$ haha i could just listen to the songs i wud play and be like, haha, im making money offa you. I'll let the musician's make the music, then ill scab off them
distract 11:54 AM - 3 February, 2007
thats how dj's roll
distract 12:03 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
thats funny

im the ruckazoid

the only use for crates if you got serato is to store all that money. serato should make a before and after ad. before, dj strugglin with a heavy ass crate of records, after, dj strugglin carrying a crate full of cash. yea son, yea!
distract 12:05 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:
i agree. Serato is the illest invention!

i al$o agree
distract 12:06 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:
don't get me wrong there nothing wrong with digging for record (especially rare ones) it just buying 2 of them

are you crazy, you cud just itunes that shit
distract 12:11 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:
Actually, I don't see how you would be able to survive in the next 2 years or so without some type of CD or laptop setup in your DJ system.

yea, you gotta get the money in order to survive, and and with serato, it makes hard work seem pointless. Haha, thats funny, the ruckazoid says he has meore money that everone on this board, but the funny thing is, i bet you he worked way harder than all you dj's. Fuck work. All work and no serato makes you an idiot
distract 12:12 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:
i use serato, but i still bring vinyl to clubs as a back up and for those records that i just have to use on regular wax.

lots of people hate on serato cause they can't afford it. serato is not cheap.

noooo, don't do that, you'll wear out the record.
distract 12:13 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Could you please forward that email to me, I have to see this. Or post a pic if you can.

losers!
distract 12:14 PM - 3 February, 2007
i ment the Torque people
distract 12:15 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:
Forget about the haters out there and just do your own thing. I have been thru with four different set up and serato is by far superior when it comes to gig. I can easily rock the crowd without much pressure. For example the person who hired me want's to hear a certain song, bam! There you have it. Unlike a crates of records and cd's it will take some time to find that silly song and you still have to worry about the song your playing when it's ending.

yup yup, fuck getting nervous. When money is on the line, you don't want obsticles.
distract 12:18 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:
DJs must advance. Our real competition is those damn alien DJs from outer space! They Skratch with their minds! :O

yup, fuckin aliens, I wonder what version serato they're using? i wonder how much money they make? we DJ's must make more money than those damn aliens!!!
distract 12:20 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

How many "vinyl purist" forums are there? I'd like a good laugh, please.

hahaha fuck vinyl purists, fucking broke ass, broken backed from carrying so many records beyoches!
distract 12:21 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:
I think he's getting a check under the table from Final Scratch or Mix Vibes. Serato Team, you should ban him. He's trying to steal your customers.

www.turntablelab.com

yea, yea, ban his ass. playa hata
distract 12:24 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:

that foo don't battle? he's an artist. Hahaha artist. too bad people don't listen to him the dj's cud rock his tracks on serato and make money off his ass
distract 12:28 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:
Well hello to y'all.

Just ignore the haters - they will always be around. I started out in the late 80's and I have been encountered with all the types of playa hating fools. The funny part is that those who used hating, are still full time losers today.

About the trancision to Serato, is just a natural part of progress. Even I had my doubts (never hating though) about two years ago when my buddy WillRock got his SSL. SInce then I have been making mental list of pros and cons about SSL vs. Vinyl.

In the end I didn't have s single negative point that could prevent me from buying SSL. Now after a couple of gigs with SSL only I feel like I am in paradise. No more packing/unpacking of heavy vinylstacks. No more once in the month clean up and sorting the packs of vinyl on the floor back into the shelves. No more extra fees when flying to gigs all around Sweden. And after 20 years of constant luggin around crates, cases, bags (I have tried them all haha) I can finally ease the pressure of my poor back. What I relief. :)

So let the haters hate, and you keep on spinning the wheels of steel. It's all about the music in the end - nothing else matters.

Happy New Year from a SSL-noobie...

burn all records!!!!

Happy New Year to you too, from a future serato noob ;D
distract 12:30 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:
Hey Guys, Happy Newyear!

Speaking of this topic, I was doing a one off gig at this bar in Toronto. Worst NIGHT of my life. I was constantly harrased by the bartenders to play house while the promotors wanted more of a top40/hip-hop/R&b/house feel to it.

I got into an argument with one of the bartenders and he was telling me I wasn't a real DJ cause I was using a laptop. So frustrating!! He was complaining about the music not being loud enough and that something was wrong with my laptop and the connection was loose. I'm sure you might be higher output with pure CD's or Vinyl but I tried to explain to him most DJ's will use Serato or other forms of digital music. Anyway this continued all night long. Don't plan on working for those promotors ever again cause they did nothing to back me up or help the situation.

Has anyone had that sort of hating done to them? It is impossible to please everyone. But I'm not there to please the bartenders. I'm there for the crowd. Ironically I did a gig on Friday night and the owner of the club was really impressed and happy with the job I did.

Cheers,
Faze

Ruckazoid??????
George Tunee 1:12 PM - 3 February, 2007
distract what's wrong with you?
Thundercat 2:14 PM - 3 February, 2007
I go to sleep and OCD sets in the forum. LOL
DJ Jean Verano 5:37 PM - 3 February, 2007
isnt there a SPAM FILTER???
the ruckazoid 7:23 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
thats funny

im the ruckazoid

So you will serve these guys?

Mixmaster Mike
Jazzy Jeff
JBoogie
The 45 King
Dj AM
Enferno

????? All those guys suck because the user serato? Someone needs a smack.

i got respect for mike, jazzy, 45 king,

but, they are no competition, ive superceeded the standard

so dont even go there, cause i got respect for people if they do they thing or not

ive always been on some cold crush shit, show and prove, and no dj is gonna step, thats just a stupid career move, and what they all have in common is keeping their career in tact

people like dj am, and most djs these days, their best skill is like the skill of a wedding dj, to cater, to make contacts, to a have jewish connects, haha, and to make sure they have good public relations so they can convince people with words and gestures, not with art, math and science

whatever the level these djs get you, i can bring you higher, and thats why respect for the science and mathematic aspects of music is a must

the amount of ignorance to the real science is exactly why toys want to get voted to the top

art is not a democracy, its a science, based on scientific proof, any song that means anything to the human spirit will make some type of scientific measurement o the benefit of humans listening to their sounds

bmore music, doesnt fall in that category son

sampling fuckin lynn collins for every fuckin break, doesnt cut it son

ive made it in the game, i just change my name when i make music, because as much as people say action speaks louder than words, i periodically drop blunt science on you, and see the reaction, and this is not the case

to most people music is simply an opinion, not a science, this is because thats how society is in general

its the same tactic used in the war, half truths, lack of self discovery, and doing your own homework

everything must be polite, from localized sources, and of course must have the professional, corporate loo

when actions speak louder than words, your more focused on results and intentions

people focus on pictures, words, as a matter of fact, a song isnt even a son anymore, unless it has words

that makes music not universal, as it is, its become a tool to brainwash people

the number one sign for someone who is humble is if their art is constantly evolving, to evolve is to embrace, listen and accept

if you see people doing the same shit for years, same routines, most likely they on some ego shit

of course thy can be smart egocentric people, meaning they know how people like you react, they know what you focus on, you certainly dony focus on results, cause if you did you woulnt be playing the god aweful crap thats popular today

they know people dont listen, and they know its all really a personal image, and their label is, dj

haha

funny

the majority of the world is like this, so my attitude quickly breaks all that down, the real dudes kick back get a laugh of how fake niggas get called on their weak shit, and the toys, they show their colors and start focusing on why i speak the way i do, instead of searching for the science behind the words i speak

everything is homoginized, you even go to youtube thinking you can find my entire video existence online, or mp3s, i made nothing that easy to search of mine

but thats how people are today, they want everything handed to them, at easy locations to find, not realizing they are setting up the very demise of their own freedoms, creativity and from a political perspective
the ruckazoid 7:25 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:
yeah Ruck...read this...

www.scratchlive.net

its called being humble and with that comes respect...

humble people dont tell people to be humble
a humble person will let them learn on their own

this is why i never go to message boards, where i know i dont know anyone personally, then judge them on their passion of responses

im not worried about humble, thats between me myself and i, the type of relationship i have with the internal world is very healthy

you notice, i dont monitor actions, this is a god damn police state where people confuse blunt truth with egoism, then they want to be the captain of the humble police patrol
the ruckazoid 7:28 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
thats funny

im the ruckazoid

Serato doesn't make you better or worse, that's your own job. Your just another I'm better than you 'DJ' that prances in here once in a while. You can hide behnd a forum because we can't actually see you; no one cares who you are!!

But, I don't want to judge; I want to see you in action...Are you going to be at the roller skating rink or the bowling alley this Friday?

serato certainly makes you worse

thats like saying if there was a latency between your physical sensation and your brain, that it wont effect you

there is certainly a latency and a generic feeling to this technology, which fucks with the timing of how i communicate to the real physical world

that certainly hinders things

hide behind forums, please man, please

oh, youll see me in action
dont worry, and when you come, come to hear mega bass, with mega science behind it
Pete Moss 7:31 PM - 3 February, 2007
You're lucky I'm not terribly humble either, albeit I'm not arrogant and pretentious like someone else here. So I can tell you that this isn't the proper forum to tout your greatness, because noone is impressed with another person boasting. Do you think you are going to change our minds? I don't give a flying bag of crap who you are; This forum is for SSL users, not visitors whose only purpose is to harass us.
the ruckazoid 7:33 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:
We are all performers...Bottom line..Show some proffesionalism and play.

Would an acoustic guitar player hate on a guy playing an electric guitar? NO.

Save the bullshit..I'm doing what I love and making a little money doing it...Everyone should try and remember why all started DJ'ing in the first place..The love of music..

Sorry for the long post...
I'm just tired of all the negative vibing here..

no, we arent all performers, most people are gimmicks

and no, its unlikely that an acoustic guitar would diss someone playing electric, this is because the skills involved, still apply in both words

but, when you get a tool, which simplifies the process, and also detaches the true physical to the instrument, then you might have this

if you had true science behind you, youd notice this, and thus wouldnt use this example

i think a better example would be, would someone who cuts without effects gonna clown on someone who uses effects, most likely not, because the skills are still involved, and at that point, its simply a coloration of the sound
the ruckazoid 7:46 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:

www.turntablelab.com

banning me from here is like banning coltrane from e-sax dot com

the level of difference in what i do musically, is also the level of concern i offer to those involved in similar activities

i just do more than the average person
this is a message board, i talk

when im in the club, idont really talk, i dont really like talking
i honestly wish people knew this, but the science behin the matrix has slowly convinced people that ease and convenience is the future

to a commercial type of person like yourself, your reasons would make sense, but to someone like myself, this is hardly the situation

a lot of what ive done over the years people would say was pointless, now, im probably the only person to get away with talking like this, because you or no one else will want to challenge it

challenging the truth is futile

by the way, digital is a good distribution format
like a painting thats in high quality print format

capturing an analog recording from 2 inch tape, dumped to a hd 24bit, 192 recording will give you a very good sound for glass cd master reproduction

but the actual construction of a song in digital, with digital effects, and digital routing, then digital eqs and mastering, thats a wreck in the making, i have deep experience in both styles

this is why songs dont feel as good as they did before

the idea is working in analog forces you to be honest with your approach as opposed to having this, i can do anything with digital mentality, which on paper seems possible, but in reality, is rarely explored, or achieved
the ruckazoid 7:47 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:

cause there is no science behind it

if there was, youd be heard

you cant recover digital data in a cataclysm
the ruckazoid 7:49 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:
but serio holmes, fuck serator haters

serio foo

carnal, on real foo, serio foo, im not even playin foo

serio
Pete Moss 7:54 PM - 3 February, 2007
You do realize that the only difference between carrying crates and using Serato is, well, carring crates or using Serato. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE!!!! You're doing the exact same frickin thing!!!! There is absolutely no difference whatsoever. So shut it.
the ruckazoid 8:10 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:
You're lucky I'm not terribly humble either, albeit I'm not arrogant and pretentious like someone else here. So I can tell you that this isn't the proper forum to tout your greatness, because noone is impressed with another person boasting. Do you think you are going to change our minds? I don't give a flying bag of crap who you are; This forum is for SSL users, not visitors whose only purpose is to harass us.

i dont boast,

when my website is up, you wont see a biography and mag clips of what ive done, i look at it like, if you are really about your shit, you are stupid for not stayinup on game

i dont corporate boast

im doing a lot of things that many people dont have any knowledge about, so i become the working example, and the results are positive and strong, thus expressed

im here to show you the true level

anyone can try to test me, and see what happens

after i prove the science behind it

its up to you to honor the science

thats whats wrong, people are tyring to debate with things that cant be debated

trying to play the opinion card a bit too much, trying to act like within the subjective nature of art, that objectivity simply doesnt exist

it does exist

right when you focus on the science, you will see where im coming from

egotistical people dont grow, they dont change their sound, or their mind, they are too stuck on their ego shit

you can be a smart egotistical person that knows how to keep quiet, but their actions show that they have no intentions to growing because they believe their own hype

i dont discuss peoples attitudes on here, be who you are, but as long as you represent true science, it really doesnt matter

its funny, everyone wants to be free, but cant deal with free expression

our only discussion needs to be on a technial matter, but because there is rarely anything technical or scientific behind this process of serato , it becomes personal

this was my main reason posting here, to show you how flimsy peoples shit is is when real science challenges you

i dont respond like

hey, why do you come to my board and say these things, i dont even look at the name, i go straight to the point, and discuss it

if you think im wild, you should see the people i work with, they make me look quiet, im ok with people being crazy and wild, and expressing themselves, especially if their science and intentions are positive

when you trust in the true science, these political things no longer matter

its a talking typing message board
Pete Moss 8:17 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:
egotistical people dont grow, they dont change their sound, or their mind, they are too stuck on their ego shit

You, my friend, have an ego. None of us are here to knock your skills; but your "I'm better" attitude doesn't fly. I'm sure their are many on this forum on your level (or higher).
sixxx 8:20 PM - 3 February, 2007
the ruckazoid, I think it's time to treat that tumor you have in your head.
the ruckazoid 8:23 PM - 3 February, 2007
ego

the ā€œIā€ or self of any person; a person as thinking, feeling, and willing, and distinguishing itself from the selves of others and from objects of its thought.

thats called being human homie
the reality is, fake djs cant fuck with me, and the time for the nerd is over

ego or truth

both
the ruckazoid 8:23 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:

how about you and dj am battle me together

fuckin toys
Pete Moss 8:26 PM - 3 February, 2007
Ruck, you like to play chess against 2 year olds to feel superior, don't you.
sixxx 8:27 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

how about you and dj am battle me together

fuckin toys

Oh my... I'm so scared now. Oh no!
the ruckazoid 8:32 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:

hey nerdlington

is this you

www.jivemagazine.com

god damn your a nerdlington
Pete Moss 8:33 PM - 3 February, 2007
Sixx, Remember the old Looney Tunes cartoons where the skunk who thought of himself as the greatest never realized that he stank? Ruck is Pepe Le Pew!!
the ruckazoid 8:34 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:
Ruck, you like to play chess against 2 year olds to feel superior, don't you.

i apologize

i didnt know you had a brain of a 2 year old
Pete Moss 8:35 PM - 3 February, 2007
ha ha
the ruckazoid 8:37 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:
Sixx, Remember the old Looney Tunes cartoons where the skunk who thought of himself as the greatest never realized that he stank? Ruck is Pepe Le Pew!!

hey sixx and pete moss, you guys should start a crew called

pete moss is sixx

it be better if sixx name was two

then it could be

pete moss is two

or better yet, if sixx name was two year old brain

then it could be

pete moss and his two year old brain
sixxx 8:38 PM - 3 February, 2007
I gotta say that ruck has and makes some valid points but there are very few far in between. The other stuff is a lot of nonsense designed to distract, annoy or piss off people.
sixxx 8:39 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

pete moss is sixx

then it could be

pete moss is two

then it could be

And this shows that you're still a child. I'm too old to be playing babysitter. Get your head checked. I'm out.
the ruckazoid 8:44 PM - 3 February, 2007
actually, its designed to show you your game is weak, like your equipment, and all of you will get MEGABLASTED

youll crash and burn like serato on a 2002 hewlett packard laptop at a 120 degree house party
Pete Moss 8:46 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:
You do realize that the only difference between carrying crates and using Serato is, well, carring crates or using Serato. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE!!!! You're doing the exact same frickin thing!!!! There is absolutely no difference whatsoever. So shut it.

Thought I say it again, I'm out.
the ruckazoid 8:49 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

pete moss is sixx

then it could be

pete moss is two

then it could be

And this shows that you're still a child. I'm too old to be playing babysitter. Get your head checked. I'm out.

no im more like the roadrunner, runnin all over you naaaaggggas!!!!

yall like jokes right, yall didnt want to keep it scientific

pete moss is two

then it could be

no im more like the roadrunner, runnin all over you naaaaggggas!!!!

djing used to be like the old school apollo, if you didnt have it, you didnt have it

now shit is like the new apollo, fake settings, prerecorded, and prescreened acts

yall niggas is phony
Richie-b 8:50 PM - 3 February, 2007
Ruuuckazoid come on cuz, relax. I'm sure your a really good dj, maybe not quit as good as me, but if you relax a little and practice really hard i'm sure you'll get there in the end mate.

So less annoying these good people and more downtime okay buddy.
the ruckazoid 8:51 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Thought I say it again, I'm out.

yeah, and theres no difference between a pocket pussy and real pussy

calm yo ass down

your humor is about as intuitive as your record selection
the ruckazoid 9:03 PM - 3 February, 2007
Quote:
Ruuuckazoid come on cuz, relax. I'm sure your a really good dj, maybe not quit as good as me, but if you relax a little and practice really hard i'm sure you'll get there in the end mate.

So less annoying these good people and more downtime okay buddy.

nothing is more annoying than tinty metalic sound in a club

talk to your peoples playboy

some people dont have any appreciation for whats come before them, all your worried about is making things easy for themselves

the principle behind that is all bad

nobody is trying to challenge themselves anymore, everyone justs wants things handed to them

this goes beyond djing, this is some life shit

at the end of the day,
can you bring something to the table that no ones has
i have

no one wants to be individuals, everyone wants to ride off of other peoples shit

up the game
im not doing this out of ego,
i want to see people truely have something quality to show
something truely to speak on
dj disturbed 9:38 PM - 3 February, 2007
You must be upset b/c someone who is better then you and was using Serato showed you up at a show or something. If a DJ can rick a crowd then he does a good job. to tell you the truth B4 you start posting on here.. I had never heard of you... and neither has alot of the hip-hop djs around here (and we have all been in the game for some time). Am I a turntablest...no... I will plainly say im not... Am I a DJ ..yes.. its how i pay my bill.. its all i do (well I also design Lighting and sound systems for clubs... but thats my side job). Can I rock a crowd on Turntalbles.. yes.. on CD players... Yes.. withSerato useing either..... YES.. that makes me and anyone else whocan a well rounded DJ that can adapt to the times and be very vesitile.. Also means i can play any venue no matter what the set up.. i can still have the ability to rock the crowd. Hell every single hip-hop dj in my area is moving over to serato.. and one of the bigger hip-hop djs in this area holds the classes with the local Rane rep to turn more djs onto it (DJSK of Kaos Mathematics... who is also a DJ for the Red Bull music Academy).
dj disturbed 9:39 PM - 3 February, 2007
rock a CROWD NOT RICK A CROWD
Serato, Support
Matt G 10:10 PM - 3 February, 2007
Ok, I'm going to lock this thread too. ruckazoid, if you wish to participate on this forum then please try not to be so disruptive. The first rule here is be nice to others, and you are constantly skirting and crossing that line and inciting others to do also.

You're welcome to debate contentious topics here, but please make more effort to do so in a civil manner.

To those others involved who have also crossed the line, please also try and make more of an effort to deal with the material maturely.